First Prev
of 12
Next Last
docG

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Feb 9, 2013
I recently completed a word by word comparison between many of the words in Patsy's left-hand sample and the "ransom" note. See the following blog post: http://solvingjonbenet.blogspot.com/2013/02/p...

Since many who've posted here have claimed Patsy's sample is "identical" to the note, I'm curious to learn what their responses to my comparison might be.

Since: Feb 12

Aiea, HI

#2 Feb 9, 2013
There is no doubt in MY mind, that Patsy was the writer of the RN. There is no reason for the note other than that of deception, and even an intruder would not need to deceive anyone in this case.
CC

Since: May 11

AOL

#4 Feb 9, 2013
the dotting of 'i's' is the same, if that means anything.

AOL

#5 Feb 9, 2013
Fausto Brugnatelli got a copy of JR's handwriting, or so he was told by the Globe editor. It came from the courthouse in Boulder..a reply to a small claims complaint by a contractor that worked on the R's remodel that didn't get paid.
Whomever filed that counter claim, IMO, wrote the rn. It is identical to the rn. JR signed the complaint, but it could very well have been Patsy that filled it in at his behest.

Aiea, HI

#6 Feb 9, 2013
Blue Bottle wrote:
What evidence is there that John was involved?
I think his actions on that day is evidence that he was involved. To try to get out of Boulder after he "found" his dead daughter, would be the most telling. then after that day, in interviews, his supporting Patsy.

John was at least involved in withholding information. He knew what happened, if he didn't kill JB himself.
CC

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#7 Feb 9, 2013
Patsy thought "advised" is spelled "advized"? Bull.

She got too cute with that.
docG

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Feb 9, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
Fausto Brugnatelli got a copy of JR's handwriting, or so he was told by the Globe editor. It came from the courthouse in Boulder..a reply to a small claims complaint by a contractor that worked on the R's remodel that didn't get paid.
Whomever filed that counter claim, IMO, wrote the rn. It is identical to the rn. JR signed the complaint, but it could very well have been Patsy that filled it in at his behest.
Only problem is that the writing on the claim looks NOTHING like Patsy's hand. And yes, it is a LOT like the RN. If Patsy didn't write it and John didn't write it, then who do you suppose wrote it? Maybe the tooth fairly?
docG

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Feb 9, 2013
Blue Bottle wrote:
What evidence is there that John was involved?
Your question is answered on my Blog, especially the first three posts. But there's a lot more to it, so you might want to take a closer look.
http://solvingjonbenet.blogspot.com/
docG

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Feb 9, 2013
Bakatari wrote:
There is no doubt in MY mind, that Patsy was the writer of the RN. There is no reason for the note other than that of deception, and even an intruder would not need to deceive anyone in this case.
CC
It wasn't written by an intruder. An intruder would have had no reason to write it. And it certainly wasn't written by Patsy. Which leaves ...

AOL

#11 Feb 9, 2013
docG wrote:
<quoted text>
Only problem is that the writing on the claim looks NOTHING like Patsy's hand. And yes, it is a LOT like the RN. If Patsy didn't write it and John didn't write it, then who do you suppose wrote it? Maybe the tooth fairly?
what's with the sarcasm? I didn't say neither wrote it, I said JR signed it and possibly Patsy printed his complaint for him..one of them wrote it of course. If we're to take it at face value, JR wrote it because it's HIS complaint and HIS signature which is in cursive, tho the rest in print.
I don't understand your hostility when I was just trying to contribute.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#13 Feb 9, 2013
Hi Docg!,

You might want to check out Cina Wong's handwriting charts comparing Patsy's handwriting to the ransom note and Gideon Epstein's expert report.
docG

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Feb 9, 2013
candy wrote:
Hi Docg!,
You might want to check out Cina Wong's handwriting charts comparing Patsy's handwriting to the ransom note and Gideon Epstein's expert report.
Hi Candy. How are you doing, it's been a while.

Been there done that:

http://solvingjonbenet.blogspot.com/2012/10/t...

I was never able to find a copy of Epstein's report, so if you know where I can find one, I'd be grateful.

All I can say regarding Epstein is that 100% certainty is NOT science. NOTHING in true scientific research is 100%. So that claim in itself raises serious questions regarding Epstein's credibility.

By the way, I would urge you and anyone else reading here to respond with comments on my blog, since entire threads on the Topix forum have been known to vanish without warning.
docG

Pittsburgh, PA

#16 Feb 9, 2013
Blue Bottle wrote:
Your blog isn't worth commenting on and the ruse you set up to get attention is passe'. Far better word analyses have been done.
It isn't an analysis, BB. It's a word by word comparison. I'll leave to you to do the analysis.

Aiea, HI

#17 Feb 9, 2013
docG wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't written by an intruder. An intruder would have had no reason to write it. And it certainly wasn't written by Patsy. Which leaves ...
Wrong. The note was certainly written by Patsy. She was the only person among all of the suspects who could not be eliminated as the writer.
CC

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#18 Feb 9, 2013
Bakatari wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. The note was certainly written by Patsy. She was the only person among all of the suspects who could not be eliminated as the writer.
CC
Wrong.
docG

Pittsburgh, PA

#19 Feb 9, 2013
Bakatari wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. The note was certainly written by Patsy. She was the only person among all of the suspects who could not be eliminated as the writer.
CC
Eliminated by whom? The six "experts" who eliminated John also found it unlikely that Patsy wrote it. So when they eliminate John, you take their word as gospel, never ever to be questioned, but when the same exact "experts" find it unlikely that Patsy wrote it, they are obviously mistaken. Do I detect a double standard?

Aiea, HI

#20 Feb 9, 2013
Mama2JML wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Who else, among the credible suspects could not be eliminated? NO ONE????? Well, I guess you were wrong!

Aiea, HI

#21 Feb 9, 2013
docG wrote:
<quoted text>
Eliminated by whom? The six "experts" who eliminated John also found it unlikely that Patsy wrote it. So when they eliminate John, you take their word as gospel, never ever to be questioned, but when the same exact "experts" find it unlikely that Patsy wrote it, they are obviously mistaken. Do I detect a double standard?
Eliminated by the credible handwriting experts. Everyone among the credible suspects could be eliminated as the possible writer except Patsy Ramsey.

Patsy Ramsey wrote the Ransom note.
CC

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#22 Feb 10, 2013
Bakatari wrote:
<quoted text>Who else, among the credible suspects could not be eliminated? NO ONE????? Well, I guess you were wrong!
How carefully worded, CC. ;o)

Considering you do not deem any suspects to be "credible" other than those from the Ramsey family, then it is simply your OPINION that I am wrong.

Although, my previous statement is correct. Unless Gideon Epstein committed perjury, then there were other POIs who could not be eliminated with regard to the handwriting analyses conducted/compared to the RN.

Below is an excerpt from Epstein's deposition in Wolf v. Ramsey. Although one may choose to disregard the information, others may find the content to be of interest:

"Q. And from Alex Hunter's perspective, you also understood that there were other individuals under suspicion who were not eliminated; correct?

A. That's what I understand, yes.

Q. Who were not eliminated as the author of the ransom note.

A. I understand that, right."

CC, you seem to lack the ability to consider any evidence that challenges your "set in stone" convictions. This is truly unfortunate, as there exists much evidence other than that which you consider.

I am not sure how one can come to a confident conclusion without attempting to piece together all of the evidence to which we are privy.

Do you mind explaining how you've determined this is a scientifically appropriate method of arriving at a hypothesis? Are you aware of the protocol required?
docG

Pittsburgh, PA

#23 Feb 10, 2013
Bakatari wrote:
<quoted text>
Eliminated by the credible handwriting experts. Everyone among the credible suspects could be eliminated as the possible writer except Patsy Ramsey.
Patsy Ramsey wrote the Ransom note.
CC
Did you ever wonder what the criteria were that caused them to eliminate John? Why are you so willing to take their verdict on John as gospel, while at the same time being so sure they were wrong about Patsy? You know, Bakatari, this is NOT a game of Clue. This case won't be solved by rolling some dice, drawing a card out of stack, and accepting the contents of that card no questions asked. I see NO basis for John being ruled out, and if you think his writing doesn't resemble the writing on the note, then I invite you to sort out the exemplars on the comparison I designed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chief Kolar's AMA on Reddit 34 min Fr_Brown 119
S.B.T.C: Weird coincidence? (Mar '10) 10 hr Jonbenet mystery 56
James Kolar book: Foreign Faction: Who really... (Jul '12) 12 hr Fr_Brown 1,047
Jonbenet Ramsey murderer 17 hr Just Wondering 503
Snaps on Patsy's jacket? Tue Blackstone Again 4
ICU2 's Child Trafficking Mon ICU2 127
Media misrepresenting Chief Mark Beckner's remarks Mar 30 Legal__Eagle 128
More from around the web