Comments
21 - 40 of 162 Comments Last updated May 2, 2013
Autumn

AOL

#21 Apr 16, 2006
#8 Burkes lack of surprise at seeing his sister under the Christmas tree??? That probably would have been surprising for him, not to mention that it would have changed the whole course of this investigation, because Burke was at Fleet White's house when JonBenet's body was discovered

#9 There is a killer out there No matter who you believe to blame for this crime. The DNA does not match ANY family member and the Ramsey's didn't need money so you'll need to come up with a new speculation on the pedophile angle .

#10 JonBenet's clothes weren't changed and yes if an intruder with knowledge of evidence sexually molested her he would have cleaned her up to get rid of evidence.
If this was an abduction that went wrong, then why is it so hard to believe that JonBenet was given something to eat during her captivity. Feeding your child pineapple an then taking her to the basement to murder her seem's much harder to believe than that an intruder fed it to her. Why do you think the note was written in the house after she was killed? A. the notebook and pen could have been taken from the house day's before and brought back in with the intruder or B. The intruder could have written the note before hand and just copied it into the notebook with the pen that was nearby while he waited for the family to fall asleep.... I re-wrote it to see how long it would take. It took me 17 minutes....

#11 Not all killers take the bodies with them especially if they know that they only have 7 min to get out of the house before the police get there. I believe this intruder could hear what was going on upstairs and I believe he knew when the 911 call was made by Patsy's and if she hadn't called 911 the intruder had no reason to think that after leaving a ransom note anyone would search the house for the missing child so he didn't need to get JonBenet out. In fact police searched the basement around 9:30 that morning and even took photographs of the door JBR was behind, but nobody opened that door, because nobody including the police thought that JonBenet was still in that house after finding the ransom note. If you think about it, it was a pretty ingenious plan if it was supposed to be a kidnapping for ransom. If it was the parents who wanted her dead it was stupid. They could have taken JBR on their plane that morning and dumped her body in the middle of Lake Michigan if they needed to cover up her death or they could have left the ransom note and took her body somewhere else that night/morning and left her somewhere else. Why leave her in the basement and why does John Ramsey go find her if nobody else has even thought to look for her in the house yet? If they did this, I don't think if they had done this to their baby girl, they would have wanted her found as soon as she was, especially since nobody was even searching for her.... Please do everyone a favor and read the evidence, before you pretend to be an expert on this case. Gullible people might actually believe your misinformation before they check the actual facts....
Little

Grove City, PA

#22 Apr 16, 2006
There's a pile of assertions going on here, yet, again, there is scant factual, documented, backup. By documented backup I mean something other than what is written about on a web site or forum.

When you say that the note was practiced, well, actually, that is one of the theories, but it was Patsy's handwriting that was called "the practice note", found on the same paper from the same tablet that the 3 page note was from.

There's a pile of assertions going on here, yet, again, there is scant factual, documented, backup. By documented backup I mean something other than what is written about on a web site or forum.

When you say that the note was practiced, well, actually, that is one of the theories, but it was Patsy's handwriting that was called "the practice note", found on the same paper from the same tablet that the 3 page note was from.

Quote: "BOULDER -- A sample of Patsy Ramsey's handwriting given to police by her husband the day their daughter was murdered came from the same notebook as the ransom note, sources said.
John Ramsey hunted down a legal pad with his wife's handwriting and handed it over to police Dec. 26, the day his daughter's body was found in their basement, the sources said.
That legal pad, sources told the Rocky Mountain News, contained the practice ransom note. And authorities later determined the 21/2-page ransom note came from the same notebook.
Ramsey turned over the pad, the sources said, after police asked for samples of his handwriting and Patsy Ramsey's handwriting.
He told investigators he could get them samples of Patsy's handwriting -- with no indication he knew what else the notebook had been used for, the sources said.
It was after he retrieved the notebook and gave it to police that a detective leafed through it and discovered a sheet with the heading "Mr. and Mrs. Ramsey''-- but no other writing.
That is the complete text of the "practice'' ransom note.
The complete 21/2-page ransom note, addressed only to "Mr. Ramsey'' and demanding $118,000 for 6-year-old JonBenet, was later determined to have been torn from the same legal pad.
Until now, it hadn't been revealed how police found the practice note and the pad used to write the final ransom note.
Meanwhile, Dr. Henry Lee, the nationally respected forensic scientist who is serving as a consultant to Boulder authorities in the Ramsey investigation, predicted on the Cable News Network's Larry King Live that there will be an arrest.
To make that happen, authorities are still trying to determine who wrote both the full and partial versions of the ransom note, which purported to be from a "small foreign faction.'' End Quote Source: http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ram...
Autumn

AOL

#23 Apr 17, 2006
What was written in that newspaper article isn't evidence, it's mere speculation on a sensational story.

The alleged practice note was never proven to be in Patsy Ramsey's handwriting. Only one expert ever matched Patsy to the ransom note and that was Donald Foster.

HANDWRITING ANALYSIS
Chet Ubowski, CBI: There is evidence that indicates the ransom note may have been written by Patsy. But the evidence falls short of that necessary to support a definitive conclusion.

Leonard Speckin, private forensic document analyst: "When I compare the handwriting habits of Patsy Ramsey with those in the ... note, there exists agreement to the extent that some of her individual letter formations and letter combinations do appear in the ransom note. When this agreement is weighed against the number, type and consistency of the differences present, I am unable to identify Patsy Ramsey as the author of the ... note with any degree of certainty. I am, however, unable to eliminate her as the author."

Edwin F. Alford Jr., private document examiner: "Examination of the questioned handwriting and comparison with the handwriting specimens submitted has failed to provide a basis for identifying Patricia Ramsey as the writer of the letter."

Lloyd Cunningham, Ramsey-hired expert: He cannot identify or eliminate Patsy Ramsey as the author of the ransom note. He spent 20 hours examining the samples and documents and found that there were no significant individual characteristics but many significant differences between Patsy's writing and the note.

Richard Dusak, document analyst for the Secret Service: His study concluded that there was no evidence that Patsy wrote the note.

Howard Ryle, Ramsey-hired expert: His opinion is between "probably not" and "elimination" of Patsy Ramsey as the author of the ransom note. He believes that the writer could be identified if earlier writing samples were found.

Response: Don Foster, the police-hired language expert, said that Patsy's handwriting habits, particularly the way she wrote the letter "a" changed after she was shown a copy of the ransom note. He also said Patsy showed new ways of indenting, spelling and writing out long numbers that contrasted with pre-ransom note writings. Patsy, he said, also had a habit of creating acronyms.

Ramsey case developments

New DA Takes JonBenet Ramsey Case: In 2000, Mary W. Keenan was elected to replace retiring district attorney Alex Hunter, who had focused the investigation of the murder of JonBenet Ramsey on the Ramsey family members. Keenan promised to take a new look at all the evidence in the JonBenet case and said she would rely on some of the same experts who had been involved with the investigation from the beginning.

Keenan Agrees With Federal Judge: District Attorney Mary W. Keenan released a letter concurring with the findings of the federal judge in Atlanta, who cleared the Ramsey's in May 2003 in a civil lawsuit, agreeing that evidence pointed to an intruder stating there is significant unexplained evidence to support the intruder theory. Keenan's vow to look at all the evidence in the case remarkably included foreign, male DNA that was found in JonBenet's underwear that had never been tested...

In December 2003, forensic investigators extracted enough material from a mixed blood sample found on the deceased's underwear to establish a DNA profile. The DNA belongs to an unknown male. The DNA was submitted to the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Combined DNA Index System (CODIS), a database containing over 1.6 million DNA profiles, mainly from convicted felons. The sample has yet to find a match in the database, although it continues to be checked for partial matches on a weekly basis.

Latest investigations have also discovered that a high record of burglaries and a strong presence of pedophile existed in the Ramsey's neighborhood during the period of the crime.
meme

Doylestown, PA

#24 Apr 19, 2006
it was NOT her brother becuase her brotehr had nothing to do with any of it. that is a stupid idea. why are you living?
Sonny

Cape Elizabeth, ME

#25 Apr 22, 2006
i feel that her parents did killed her or hired to someone to kill. Why? becuase, there messed up people. Why did it take them so long to call the police and to find her body in their own house. Lets be realistic here, did the parents not care enough to call the police in a hurry and why werent they not rushing to search the house.Why does a dectective have to tell the family to search for thier own child.To me that show how much this family really cared for thier child.Wouldn't a parent know aoutmatically to search for their child without the authorites telling them to do so. we live in a cruel world were people kill thier own children and have no remorse.I am appaled that the police haven't found the person resonsible for this herendise crime! That poor little girl was stripped of her chance to achieve greatness.
Autumn

AOL

#26 Apr 22, 2006
Sonny wrote:
Why did it take them so long to call the police and to find her body in their own house. Lets be realistic here, did the parents not care enough to call the police in a hurry and
#1 They called the police as soon as they found the note and assessed their situation. Tell me if your child were kidnapped, wouldn't you take a few extra minutes to think about the best way to save your child?

Sonny wrote:
why werent they not rushing to search the house.Why does a dectective have to tell the family to search for thier own child.
#2
Ummm, I don't know maybe it was because THEY DIDN'T KNOW SHE WAS STILL IN THE HOUSE after finding a ransom note that said she had been taken or maybe it was because 3 BPD officers searched the house when they arrived. Two of those that search it were the first officers on the scene. Who arrived within 7 minutes of the 911 call. I'm guessing the Ramsey's were more concerned with getting the ransom money together so they could get their daughter back as they have already stated at least 50 times and they probably figured the BPD were more capable of searching a crime scene than they were.....
Sonny wrote:
i feel that her parents did killed her or hired to someone to kill. Why? becuase, there messed up people.
Wow, I wonder why the BPD didn't think about arresting them and charging them with being messed up. I'm sure that would have been an easy win for the DA...... Especially since their is absolutely NO evidence that they were then or are now messed up people..

The Burden of Proof is on the prosecution, after ten years if they had evidence that the parents did it then the police would have arrested them and the grand jury would have already indicted them.

As it stands now, In the eye's of the Law they are innocent.....
No matter, what you think about their guilt based on your own personal messed up detector.....
Little

Grove City, PA

#27 Apr 23, 2006
Sonny wrote:
Lets be realistic here, did the parents not care enough to call the police in a hurry and why werent they not rushing to search the house.Why does a dectective have to tell the family to search for thier own child.To me that show how much this family really cared for thier child.Wouldn't a parent know aoutmatically to search for their child without the authorites telling them to do so.
I agree with Sonny about the lack of action by the parents. Why didn't they search their own house top to bottom, wake their son to see if he knew/heard anything? How could they know how long she had been gone and that she was not just at that moment being loaded into a car? That's a very logical question with at least one possible answer.

I, for one, refuse to feel guilty for questioning the parent's part in this. One doesn't have to have first-hand experience with something to question another's actions.

The fact that the parents were not pressed harder wasn't anyone's call except the Boulder DA's. He has to live with, and take full responsibility for that decision. Had Alex Hunter pressed harder this would have been resolved one way or another by now. The Ramseys would have either been cleared, or charged.

Yes, in the eyes of the law they are innocent until proven guilty - that's a legal standard, not a standard that the public has to hold to.

The actions, and inactions of the parents are certainly fair to consider. Whether a person deems them as messed up or not is a personal opinion.
angel

Andover, UK

#28 Apr 24, 2006
Please all take a minute to think clearly..

If there are any mothers out there, especially those who have lost a child, think of the trauma and pain that causes. If Patsy had really killed jonbenet, a calm long ransom note perfectly written could not have been written by her!!! or the father! She would have probably been trembling non stop and that would have shown on the letter.. and yes, it takes longer than 2 hours to contain herself and calm down!! So if patsy had accidentally killed jonbenet, she wouldnt have been able to write that letter. unless they are really evil or stupid and had it all planned out in advance, as well as the ransom note written, say, a couple of nights before the crime? I'm sorry, parents don't just wake up and decide to kill their children.. never mind on christmas day!
Little

Grove City, PA

#29 Apr 24, 2006
I was under the impression that the general opinion among those qualified (because they had inspected it) to comment on the note was that it started out with shaky writing, which improved somewhat near the end. Another theory was that whomever wrote it was attempting to deceive, possibly using their left hand to write the note.

It's easy to assign qualities to a person without really knowing them, without knowing how they might respond in any given situation. What might seem insane to us, might seem perfectly sane and logical to another.
Autumn

AOL

#30 May 2, 2006
There weren't any tear drops on the ransom note...

I don't think a Mother could write that note after killing her daughter and not stain it with her tears.....

Since: Jan 06

Location hidden

#31 May 14, 2006
Sabrina wrote:
Her parents killed her. That's why in the morning her father went down and 'contaminated' the evidence. When he really just contaminated his own evienece..If he hadn't gone down, his DNA would be on her. And they would know it was him. But by bring her upstairs it makes it seem like there is no DNA evidence. And her mom was jealous because JonBenet was living her dream.
Please explain why he called 911 and gave the cops 7 hours before acting on his plan. Was it part of his plan to wait until Detective Arndt ASKED him to search the house? if so, he sure was clever. Knew the cops would be inept and bungling.

Since: Jan 06

Location hidden

#32 May 14, 2006
Michelle in plain, jameson in [b]bold[/b]
"The killer used a stun gun -- the ramseys didn't have one, none was found in the house -- the killer carried it in and out with him."
Actually, the marks aren't from a stun gun. Forensic pathologists have said that they don't resemble stun gun marks at all. But they DO look like the kind of mark being thrown against the wall above her bed would leave.
[b]this is a new one. Anyone aware of this myth? I guess we need to let Michelle know where the info on stun guns can be found.[/b]
"The killer wrte a LONG ransom note -- and the handwriting didn't belong to anyone in the family."
Actually, the writing was a match for Patsy's. The killer would have had to sit down, and write this note, which btw had been practised. The note mentions the amount of Mr. Ramsey's recent bonus, which only someone who had seen his paycheck or bank account would have known.
[b]Actually, the handwriting was NOT a match for Patsy Ramsey. DA Alex Hunter went public and told everyone that on a scale of 1-5 with 1 being a match and 5 being "no way in Hell", patsy was between a 4 and a 4.5. A few similar letters -- NO MATCH[/b]
"The killer used flat white nylon cord to make a garrote -- and that matched nothing in the house. Where is the rest?"
Look at JonBenet's cowgirl costume. The rest of the flat nylon cord is in Patsy Ramsey's sewing kit. It was used to make the white trim.
[b]Patsy didn't make the costumes. Try again. Nothing in the house matched.
[/b]
DEB

AOL

#33 May 16, 2006
What photographer took the picture of the cowgirl costume with the rope in it? Did that rope match the rope used in the murder?
Autumn

AOL

#34 May 26, 2006
The photographer was cleared by BPD {whatever that means} and the rope was not a match for the murder weapon and bindings.

Since: Jan 06

Location hidden

#35 May 26, 2006
Autumn wrote:
The photographer was cleared by BPD {whatever that means} and the rope was not a match for the murder weapon and bindings.
Cleared? I am unaware of that.

Randy Simons is someone I think needs a lot more attention. His actions after the murder may be simple stress but i sure don't think he gets asimple pass..... and the other photographers should also be checked, IMO. Handwriting and DNA, please.
citizen

Jacksonville, AR

#36 May 26, 2006
Well I really thought the parents did it, but I don't know. But I also thought it was odd that when John went to look for her he went down to the floor where she was first. Why didn't he go upstairs to look first. It was like he knew where to look. But then I look at that little girls picture and think surley to goodness no parent could do that to there daughter. I hope who ever did this that God will take care of it. I do think there was to many people left in the house and to much evidence tampered with. And they should have gave a statement to the police instead of running away from it.
citizen

Jacksonville, AR

#37 May 26, 2006
meme wrote:
it was NOT her brother becuase her brotehr had nothing to do with any of it. that is a stupid idea. why are you living?
I don't think a boy that young could do something like that and cover up that good. I agree with you.
Autumn

AOL

#38 May 27, 2006
justwatching wrote:
<quoted text>
Cleared? I am unaware of that.
Randy Simons is someone I think needs a lot more attention. His actions after the murder may be simple stress but i sure don't think he gets asimple pass..... and the other photographers should also be checked, IMO. Handwriting and DNA, please.
I agree completely..... I'm guessing they cleared him because he wasn't a match for the DNA, but I think he needs a closer look. I would also add photo developers to the list of suspects. There are quite a few 1996 pictures that Patsy had to have developed somewhere.
Autumn

AOL

#39 May 27, 2006
I wanted to add that the BPD position is that he was cleared. The DA has the case now so they may reinvestigate him, but my guess is the DA is sticking with the DNA evidence as the key and Simons apparently is not a match for that.
Patsy Ramsey

Ceresco, MI

#40 Jun 24, 2006
I'm in hell now... rotting and buring with Satan because I killed my little girl.

Finally there is justice. I should have come clean sooner.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Note-odd detail? 1 hr Undrtheradar 438
Lou Smit window video Sun Note 3
Jonbenet's "Secret Santa..." Aug 29 Maqa 28
What kind of instrument yields this type of wound? Aug 29 Just Wondering 84
Jeffrey MacDonald Is Guilty (Sep '08) Aug 28 JTF 7,470
James Kolar book: Foreign Faction: Who really... (Jul '12) Aug 27 Just Wondering 1,050
The London Letter Aug 25 Bee 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

JonBenet Ramsey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••