Why was the pineapple in the breakfas...

Why was the pineapple in the breakfast room?

Posted in the JonBenet Ramsey Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1 Aug 12, 2010
Even if BR got the pineapple out in the afternoon, why would he have put it on the breakfast room table and at PRís place? In one of her police interviews, PR said the pineapple snack and the glass of tea were at her place at the breakfast room table. She also said when there were no guests, the family had all breakfasts (except special ones like Christmas), lunches, and snacks at the counter/bar in the kitchen.

If BR Ė any Ramsey Ė would have fixed himself a snack, he would have eaten it in the kitchen unless the counter was filled with other things. It wasnít.

Also, the snack was abandoned. The small salsa bowl of pineapple is nearly full, as though the few pieces JB ate are the only ones that were eaten. While the tea bag has certainly been used, the glass looks like it had nothing in it. It looks sparkling clean.

I donít believe an intruder brought the pineapple into the house, but I do think one who knew the Ramseys wouldnít return until later might have fixed the snack for himself. I think even BR knew not to use PRís good silver. I think he would have gotten the everyday silver out for a snack. He probably fixed himself snacks lots of times.

The more I learn about it, the more the pineapple smacks of ďfriendly intruderĒ to me. Someone JB knew and trusted.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#2 Aug 12, 2010
AjaMinor wrote:
Even if BR got the pineapple out in the afternoon, why would he have put it on the breakfast room table and at PRís place? In one of her police interviews, PR said the pineapple snack and the glass of tea were at her place at the breakfast room table. She also said when there were no guests, the family had all breakfasts (except special ones like Christmas), lunches, and snacks at the counter/bar in the kitchen.
If BR Ė any Ramsey Ė would have fixed himself a snack, he would have eaten it in the kitchen unless the counter was filled with other things. It wasnít.
Also, the snack was abandoned. The small salsa bowl of pineapple is nearly full, as though the few pieces JB ate are the only ones that were eaten. While the tea bag has certainly been used, the glass looks like it had nothing in it. It looks sparkling clean.
I donít believe an intruder brought the pineapple into the house, but I do think one who knew the Ramseys wouldnít return until later might have fixed the snack for himself. I think even BR knew not to use PRís good silver. I think he would have gotten the everyday silver out for a snack. He probably fixed himself snacks lots of times.
The more I learn about it, the more the pineapple smacks of ďfriendly intruderĒ to me. Someone JB knew and trusted.
Right. And this oh so clever intruder left a bowl of pineapple and a glass out where the Ramseys could have seen it and been alerted to the fact that someone had been in their house.
There is no proof that it was Patsys "good silver." Patsy never said that. Only John did and men are pretty stupid when it comes to things like that.
No intruder, friendly or not, is going to take the time to feed his intended victim anything. Not while he is in the victims own home with their family nearby. And WHY would he take the time to feed her, anyway?
Why wouldn't Patsy just admit that she had pineapple in the house at the time? She couldn't even do that much.
You are grasping at straws, Aja.
And while we're here, can you explain to me HOW and WHY it's "impossible" that the Ramseys forgot about the pineapple?
Also, you seem to take everything the Ramseys said as the truth. That's a fatal flaw if you are really interested in trying to solve this murder.
cluerin

Ooltewah, TN

#3 Aug 12, 2010
thewhitewitchone wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. And this oh so clever intruder left a bowl of pineapple and a glass out where the Ramseys could have seen it and been alerted to the fact that someone had been in their house.
There is no proof that it was Patsys "good silver." Patsy never said that. Only John did and men are pretty stupid when it comes to things like that.
No intruder, friendly or not, is going to take the time to feed his intended victim anything. Not while he is in the victims own home with their family nearby. And WHY would he take the time to feed her, anyway?
Why wouldn't Patsy just admit that she had pineapple in the house at the time? She couldn't even do that much.
And while we're here, can you explain to me HOW and WHY it's "impossible" that the Ramseys forgot about the pineapple?
Also, you seem to take everything the Ramseys said as the truth. That's a fatal flaw if you are really interested in trying to solve this murder.
You can be sure that PR would NOT put a silver serving spoon in a small bowl like that.

“If life gives you melons”

Since: Nov 06

You might be dyslexic

#4 Aug 12, 2010
cluerin wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be sure that PR would NOT put a silver serving spoon in a small bowl like that.
I think it was a tablespoon and not a serving spoon, wasn't it?
cluerin

Ooltewah, TN

#5 Aug 12, 2010
Legal__Eagle wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it was a tablespoon and not a serving spoon, wasn't it?
LE, I need to find the pictures of it again but I do remember seeing it and thinking that it was obviously from the European sized flatware and that it was the serving spoon. The european size is large.
JACK

Sweetwater, TN

#6 Aug 12, 2010
JB was in the kitchen with the killer,something happened to scare her.she was running toward the living room.

Location hidden

#7 Aug 12, 2010
thewhitewitchone wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, White, you know I donít believe an intruder brought pineapple into the Ramseysí house. Nevertheless, the pineapple IS a mystery. Youíve ignored the questions I did ask. I admitted no intruder would bring it in. That is ludicrous to believe.

I do think John knew the good silver from the everyday. My husband does. All the men I know do, which is not that many, Iíll give you that.

Iím not grasping at straws, White. I want to know why people think the pineapple was in the breakfast room instead of in the kitchen.

Location hidden

#8 Aug 12, 2010
cluerin wrote:
<quoted text>
No, tablespoon or serving spoon (and I donít know which it was), I donít think PR would have dumped pineapple in a small salsa bowl and used a larger spoon from her good silver set or put a tea bag in a glass. The set up looks like a kid did it, probably BR since his fingerprints are on both bowl and glass (though that could have come from unloading the dishwasher), but itís odd itís at PRís place (she identified it as hers in one of her interviews) and in the breakfast room rather than at the kitchen counter/bar. It does make it seem like a non-family member put it there, but no, I do NOT think an intruder brought fresh pineapple in with him. And if someone got pineapple out to eat, why the heck is it not eaten? Maybe it was rancid. I donít know. JB ate a few pieces, I presume with her fingers.

I donít think the answers will solve the crime, but I think they are interesting.
cluerin

Ooltewah, TN

#9 Aug 12, 2010
I think the pictures show it in the breakfast room on the table. But wherever it was it was all placed there by someone else IMO. PR would never have done that but possibly one of the kids over that xmas day? Im a firm believer that she ate it before going to the Whites.

Location hidden

#10 Aug 12, 2010
AjaMinor wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, White, you know I donít believe an intruder brought pineapple into the Ramseysí house. Nevertheless, the pineapple IS a mystery. Youíve ignored the questions I did ask. I admitted no intruder would bring it in. That is ludicrous to believe.
I do think John knew the good silver from the everyday. My husband does. All the men I know do, which is not that many, Iíll give you that.
Iím not grasping at straws, White. I want to know why people think the pineapple was in the breakfast room instead of in the kitchen.
Why is it important what room it was in? Were the Ramseys so rigid that they only ate certain meals in certain rooms? Somehow I doubt it.

I don't want to make a big deal out of it, but Patsy never said that it was her "good silver" and she would know better than John would so I'm betting that it wasn't.

Location hidden

#11 Aug 12, 2010
cluerin wrote:
I think the pictures show it in the breakfast room on the table. But wherever it was it was all placed there by someone else IMO. PR would never have done that but possibly one of the kids over that xmas day? Im a firm believer that she ate it before going to the Whites.
I think it is highly improbable that a few pieces of pineapple would not be digested in the 7 or more hours between when she ate it and when she died.
Why do you keep saying Patsy "would never do this or that?" How could you know?

Location hidden

#12 Aug 12, 2010
cluerin wrote:
Yes, the photos do show it at PRís place on the breakfast room table (not the dining room, but the breakfast room). The Ramseys never ate snacks there. They ate in the kitchen.

I would believe she ate it prior to going to the Whitesí but donít you think it would have digested more? This still had the edges intact. I donít know myself. I donít know about rates of digestion.

Location hidden

#13 Aug 12, 2010
thewhitewitchone wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it important what room it was in? Were the Ramseys so rigid that they only ate certain meals in certain rooms? Somehow I doubt it.
I don't want to make a big deal out of it, but Patsy never said that it was her "good silver" and she would know better than John would so I'm betting that it wasn't.
I canít prove it was her good silver, only that JR said it was. Good silver or not, it WAS a large spoon in a salsa bowl. It did look like the set up of a kid or someone not familiar with where things were in the home.

Now, JB could not reach the cupboard with the salsa bowls, per PR, but Iíd bet this salsa bowl was still in the dishwasher, awaiting LHP and JB could reach that. There are photos of the bowl on the dining room table with marshmallows or something similar on the 23rd.

Location hidden

#14 Aug 12, 2010
I know youíve seen that photo, White.

Location hidden

#15 Aug 12, 2010
AjaMinor wrote:
<quoted text>
I canít prove it was her good silver, only that JR said it was. Good silver or not, it WAS a large spoon in a salsa bowl. It did look like the set up of a kid or someone not familiar with where things were in the home.
Now, JB could not reach the cupboard with the salsa bowls, per PR, but Iíd bet this salsa bowl was still in the dishwasher, awaiting LHP and JB could reach that. There are photos of the bowl on the dining room table with marshmallows or something similar on the 23rd.
JBs fingerprints were not on the bowl or the glass. Burkes were.
Why didn't Patsy just say that the bowl was in the dishwasher?
JB couldn't have gotten the pineapple out herself from the walk-in fridge.
Gabrielle Renoir

Boyertown, PA

#16 Aug 12, 2010
"thewhitewitchone"
And its no stretch to expect the R's left it there for the cops to find.

You are hot on the trail of the perps. She wasn't a victim when she was fed.
Why wouldn't Patsy just admit that she had pineapple in the house at the time? Oh my. That is so easy, it isn't worth consideration.
She couldn't even do that much.
Sure couldn't. True.
Take whatever there is. Do you see Red Woods' out there?
Also, you seem to take everything the Ramseys said as the truth.
You seem to take everything the fabulous flatuating fatuous fibbers fabricated as the truth.

Location hidden

#17 Aug 12, 2010
AjaMinor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the photos do show it at PRís place on the breakfast room table (not the dining room, but the breakfast room). The Ramseys never ate snacks there. They ate in the kitchen.
I would believe she ate it prior to going to the Whitesí but donít you think it would have digested more? This still had the edges intact. I donít know myself. I donít know about rates of digestion.
How do you know that the Ramseys never ate snacks in there? How do you know that they only ate in the kitchen?

Location hidden

#18 Aug 12, 2010
thewhitewitchone wrote:
<quoted text>
JBs fingerprints were not on the bowl or the glass. Burkes were.
Why didn't Patsy just say that the bowl was in the dishwasher?
JB couldn't have gotten the pineapple out herself from the walk-in fridge.
Youíre right. Thatís takes care of that then. It was probably BR.

Location hidden

#19 Aug 12, 2010
I think BR got it out in the afternoon and JB ate a few bites. I donít PR did know she had pineapple in the house. I donít know everything thatís in my refrigerator. My husband is always buying new stuff.
WV Sleuth

Washington, DC

#20 Aug 12, 2010
I wish Topix would allow pictures to be shown, as I think that the picture of that hallway might help the discussion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ICU2 's Child Trafficking 2 hr ICU2 196
Another book? 2 hr ICU2 6
Jeffrey MacDonald Is Guilty (Sep '08) 9 hr JTF 7,528
Memorial Day Wed Rangette 6
Linda Hoffmann Pugh spoke out Wed Fr_Brown 19
Home Invasion (Aug '09) May 23 candy 21
Question about the red turtleneck (Jul '10) May 22 candy 127
More from around the web