Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2007

Detroit Breakdown wrote:
Interesting indeed because Kdogg has never posted on this site. I wasn`t sure if it was kdogg or you because it`s a local Detroit post. Gary said that he was cleared because his DNA didn`t match because he put someone elses DNA on one of the OCCK kids. He said that one lawyer told him that it would look suspicious if he tried to get his DNA back, but Gary never said that it was about the OCCKillings. Kdogg said he talked to two police friends of his about this, but I haven`t talked to him recently.
I talked to who about what?
Dots

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2007

Why is it that the sickest posters continue to bring Jesus into their discussions? As if mentioning His name absolves them of their sin of bearing false witness. You can claim to be Christians, but your actions clearly show otherwise.

Stop it - you give all Christians a bad name. All we can do is hope that you are mentally ill and therefore not accountable for your actions.

Since: Mar 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2009

Judged:

Autumn wrote:
<quoted text>
The DNA Identification Act of 1994 [contained within the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 and hereinafter referred to as "DNA Act"] provided the statutory authority for creation of the National DNA Index System (NDIS) and specified the type of data that could be included in this national index. Only the following types of DNA data may be stored in the national index administered by the FBI Director:
DNA identification records of persons convicted of crimes;
analyses of DNA samples recovered from crime scenes;
analyses of DNA samples recovered from unidentified human remains; and
analyses of DNA samples voluntarily contributed from relatives of missing persons. See 42 U.S.C.S.§14132(a).
www.fbi.gov/congress/congress01/dwight061201....
Also, Last paragraph page 8
Coordination of state and federal databank laws..
www.aslme.org/dna_04/grid/guide.pdf
Some of Autumn`s better work!!!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2009

Autumn wrote:
<quoted text>
That depends on if the sample was given voluntarily... Federal law prohibits states from entering Voluntary samples into CODIS....
Another!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2009

Autumn wrote:
<quoted text>
They can keep it in the state database for however long the state law allows.... I was referring to CODIS... From what I've read of DB's suspect... Gary does not fit the Federal criteria for submission into CODIS...
And this.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2009

Autumn wrote:
Have you {Those working on the OCCK case} ever read Signature killers, by Bob Keppel...?
It would probably help you understand why DB's suspect doesn't seem so far fetched to me... I'm not saying I think he is guilty of any of the crimes he has been accused of, to me he is just a name on a forum and without proof of his existence he will stay that way, but I do know that serial killers like he has been described as being by DB do exist and some keep on killing without detection for decades... The BTK is a prime example of that...
JonBenét's murder says anger retaliatory to me and anger retaliatory killers are defined by many experts as signature killers....
Without proof of guilt or innocence of a suspect everything at this point is just a theory.... I don't see the problem with anybody discussing their own theory... I am of the opinion that DB has just as much right as you or I do to pursue his suspect.... From what I can tell you don't know Gary, so you can't know for sure if he is innocent, guilty, make believe or not... I don't know either, but I'm not going to dismiss him completely until this case is solved, just in case....
DB seems to believe in his suspects involvement, but for me it is just an opinion he has, because I haven't seen proof one way or another that tells me that he is right or wrong about his serial killer theory...
As far as the OCCK case goes I have very little knowledge of that case or any suspects associated with it... I would suggest you make a thread here at this forum about it if you want to discuss it... That way we can all come to our own conclusions about the evidence in that case, instead of just being in the middle of your fight with DB....
Thus the OCCK thread was born.
candy

East Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

Judged:

The original article in which Lin Wood claimed the unsourced DNA in this case belonged to a CAUCASIAN male. This is interesting in that NO ONE in law enforcement EVER claimed that, ONLY Lin Wood, the question is, WHY did he say that?

DNA evidence questioned in JonBenet Ramsey investigation
November 19, 2002

"The idea that this DNA could have somehow been placed there while in the manufacturing process in southeast Asia is laughable," Wood said Tuesday.

"The DNA found in JonBenet's underwear is male and Caucasian and, as everyone has noted, it is obviously not the Ramseys' DNA. How many male Caucasians work in manufacturing plants in southeast Asia?"

The Rocky Mountain News reported in Tuesday's editions that investigators believe the DNA in the underwear may not be critical evidence because it might have been left before the Ramseys obtained the garment."

www.ap.org

Since: Feb 12

Lihue, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

Judged:

Hi Candy,
You are totally correct. No authority ever said that the DNA was proven to belong to a Caucasian male, and IF anyone made such a claim, that person would be a liar, because with all of the advancement in DNA, we still cannot definitively tell race from DNA. We CAN definitively tell gender, but as far as race, color of eyes, hair, and skin, they only can make an "educated guess".

Therefore, Lin Wood is a liar.
CC

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

Judged:

Currently, it isn't possible to determine race from DNA. Although many phenotypic traits have been identified and seem to be linked to certain families or populations with common ancestors, the genes for most of these traits have yet to be identified or mapped at the DNA level.

In other words we can conclude that the suspect is of the European decent but we cannot be certain..
candy

East Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

Kassie Morgan wrote:
Currently, it isn't possible to determine race from DNA. Although many phenotypic traits have been identified and seem to be linked to certain families or populations with common ancestors, the genes for most of these traits have yet to be identified or mapped at the DNA level.
In other words we can conclude that the suspect is of the European decent but we cannot be certain..
I was given that same type of information from a DNA expert in 2006. However, the BPD DID use this "phenotype" info in the Suzannah Chase case when it was unsolved, that the perp was an "Eskimo/Native American". It turned out when a cold DNA hit identified the perp's semen that he was Chilean. So BPD has used this before but NO ONE in law enforcement associated with this case has EVER said the unsourced DNA was Caucasian, but Lin Wood.

A pro-Ram poster said they believed this "phenotype" testing was done on he QT at Cellmark. I don't believe that, because it would be in official DNA tests, WHICH THE RAMS AREN'T ALLOWED TO SEE. Remember, when THEY produced a DNA testing report on a 48 Hours that Trip DeMuth turned white when they showed it to him saying "YOU DIDN'T GET THIS FROM ME." Well, who did they get it from? It'a a leak as huge as any in this case. That is what makes me wonder about the whole "Caucasian DNA" thing, what is behind it?

Lihue, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

Kassie Morgan wrote:
Hi Kassie,
You are incorrect. You CANNOT tell race from DNA. Moreso, you cannot tell any mixture of races of the contributor. What you CAN do, is make an educated guess as to what race the contributor is. A very good percentage of the African Americans have some Caucasian blood in their heritage. It is impossible to determine that a person's DNA is a mixture of races or not, at least not today, and not definitively. You CAN make a high probability guess using DNA, but it is nowhere near 100%.
CC

Lihue, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

Judged:

Hi Candy,
Despite what you may have read, as far as this subject, CORRECT would be that the DNA contributor is "NOT LIKELY" to be Caucasian, but you cannot definitively tell exactly what race he is. If you go by percentages, a DNA match of all markers matching two different people excluding identical twins, is in the BILLIONS to one, but with the DNA as we know it today, the only thing that is absolutely 100% by DNA would be gender. A positive match still has an extremely small chance of having another contributor with the same genetic markers, and such a match other than identical twins has never been found yet, and is unlikely to ever be found.
candy wrote:
<quoted text>
I was given that same type of information from a DNA expert in 2006. However, the BPD DID use this "phenotype" info in the Suzannah Chase case when it was unsolved, that the perp was an "Eskimo/Native American". It turned out when a cold DNA hit identified the perp's semen that he was Chilean. So BPD has used this before but NO ONE in law enforcement associated with this case has EVER said the unsourced DNA was Caucasian, but Lin Wood.
A pro-Ram poster said they believed this "phenotype" testing was done on he QT at Cellmark. I don't believe that, because it would be in official DNA tests, WHICH THE RAMS AREN'T ALLOWED TO SEE. Remember, when THEY produced a DNA testing report on a 48 Hours that Trip DeMuth turned white when they showed it to him saying "YOU DIDN'T GET THIS FROM ME." Well, who did they get it from? It'a a leak as huge as any in this case. That is what makes me wonder about the whole "Caucasian DNA" thing, what is behind it?
candy

East Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

It's important to remind people of the LIES Team Ramsey has told about the evidence. This is one of their biggest LIES. No surprise, THIS lie CAME IN RESPONSE TO an article by THE GREAT CHARLIE BRENNAN dated November 19, 2002 titled: "DNA May Not help Ramsey inquiry"

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2002/no...

IN RESPONSE, THE NEXT DAY, Lin Wood was quoted in an Associated Press article about Charlie's original reporting and he said "The idea that this DNA could have somehow been placed there while in the
manufacturing process in southeast Asia is laughable," Wood said Tuesday.
"The DNA found in JonBenet's underwear is male and CAUCASIAN and, as everyone
has noted, it is obviously not the Ramseys' DNA. How many male CAUCASIANS work in
manufacturing plants in southeast Asia?" www.ap.org

Well, the unsourced DNA IS not Caucasian, BOTH Craig Silverman and Dan Caplis asked Dr. Henry Lee about that after Karr's case fell apart and he said MALE not Caucasian, and in Tom Bennett's affidavit to arrest Karr, he refers to the DNA in question as a "malde fraction." SO WHY DID TEAM RAMSEY LIE ABOUT THIS EVIDENCE?
candy

East Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

The link to the article by THE GREAT Charlie Brennan from November 19, 2002:
"DNA May Not Help Ramsey Inquiry"
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2002/no...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

candy wrote:
SO WHY DID TEAM RAMSEY LIE ABOUT THIS EVIDENCE?
I'm shocked Wood didn't claim it was a light skinned black. A brother to the infamous Atlanta man that tied John Ramsey backwards into a bathroom using a towel and stole Patsy's Kmart jewelry plus a broken computer but left the Tiffany silver, credit cards, guns, cash, and any valuables of worth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeffrey MacDonald Is Guilty (Sep '08) 2 hr JTF 7,469
James Kolar book: Foreign Faction: Who really... (Jul '12) 2 hr Rangette 1,049
Note-odd detail? 2 hr Rangette 420
What kind of instrument yields this type of wound? 4 hr Undrtheradar 77
Lou Smit window video Tue Just Wondering 1
Jonbenet's "Secret Santa..." Aug 25 Count 27
The London Letter Aug 25 Bee 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••