Fox News: DNA not "caucasian"

Posted in the JonBenet Ramsey Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
candy

East Lansing, MI

#1 Dec 26, 2006
Fox News has reported today that the unsourced DNA in her underwear is NOT caucasian, as I posted as well.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#2 Dec 26, 2006
Fox has an exclusive first interview with BPD Lead Investigator and BPD Grand jury representative Tom Wickman, www.foxnews.com
Vivian

AOL

#3 Dec 26, 2006
candy wrote:
Fox News has reported today that the unsourced DNA in her underwear is NOT caucasian, as I posted as well.
You rock, Candy!
So now what? Are we back to the well dressed stranger with light brown skin?(or, was that the burglar in GA? lol)Are we back to strange foreigners lurking in the streets and basements of Boulder, or are we back to the one legged Mexican in a wetsuit?
Or could it be a little Asian fella sneezing on a pile of combed cotton about to be sewn into day of the week underpants?(most would like to think only ONE person handles all that fabric, but sadly that's not true. Many many people handle not only the fabric, but the underpants themselve's. One person sews the waistband, one the legs, etc. No telling who all handled them before packaging)Are we to finally understand the DNA means less than the ransom note, the Ramsey's contradictory statements, or the garotte? I hope so!
candy

East Lansing, MI

#4 Dec 26, 2006
Fox News Exclusive, Carol McKinley on the unsourced DNA in JonBenet's panties:

www.foxnews.com

Carol McKinley: One piece of information which has been seen as a major clue, but which is wrong, is that the DNA which was in JonBenet's underwear came from a caucasian male. Truth is, it was never, ever tested for race. Because there's not enough, and it's tested, it will be used up. All we know is, it belongs to a male, we don't know what ethnicity it is.
Detroit Breakdown

United States

#5 Dec 26, 2006
candy wrote:
Fox News Exclusive, Carol McKinley on the unsourced DNA in JonBenet's panties:
www.foxnews.com
Carol McKinley: One piece of information which has been seen as a major clue, but which is wrong, is that the DNA which was in JonBenet's underwear came from a caucasian male. Truth is, it was never, ever tested for race. Because there's not enough, and it's tested, it will be used up. All we know is, it belongs to a male, we don't know what ethnicity it is.
Really Candy. We`re looking for the truth here. If you look where I posted about the other case where they had 10 markers of 13, back in 2003 race was uncertain and odds of any one person being the killer weren`t convincing. However new tests are way more accurate and only use 1/10th the sample size of what they once did. As for sex, there`s no doubt the killer is a male and even using old test percentages 3 sites stated 85% certainty of caucasion. What I think will convict the killer is that he carries the rare 2% scottish red headed DNA.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#6 Dec 26, 2006
DB: The "sample size" is MINUTE. Tom Bennett described it as a male FRACTION.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#7 Dec 26, 2006
Yes, it matters if this is true or not, since it can be traced back to LIN WOOD, and ONLY Team Scamsey has EVER said it was caucasian in the first place:

www.ap.org

DNA evidence questioned in JonBenet Ramsey investigation

By KATHERINE VOGT, Associated Press Writer

A theory made public this week suggests that DNA evidence found in JonBenet Ramsey's underwear after her slaying may have come from the clothing manufacturing process - not her killer.

L. Lin Wood, the Atlanta-based attorney for the Ramsey family, called the theory "ludicrous," adding that he believes the DNA may still hold the key to the unsolved 1996 slaying of 6-year-old JonBenet.

"The idea that this DNA could have somehow been placed there while in the manufacturing process in southeast Asia is laughable," Wood said Tuesday.

"The DNA found in JonBenet's underwear is male and Caucasian and, as everyone has noted, it is obviously not the Ramseys' DNA. How many male Caucasians work in manufacturing plants in southeast Asia?"

The Rocky Mountain News reported in Tuesday's editions that investigators believe the DNA in the underwear may not be critical evidence because it might have been left before the Ramseys obtained the garment.

"There is always a possibility that it got there through human handling," former prosecutor Michael Kane told the News.

"You have to ask yourself the possible ways that it got there: whether it was in the manufacture, the packaging or the distribution, or whether it was someone in the retail store who took it out to look at them," said Kane, who ran a 13-month grand jury investigation which yielded no indictments.

Kane, who now works for the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue, did not return a phone message seeking comment Tuesday. Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner did not return a message either.

If investigators are right about possible production-line contamination, then the genetic material from the underpants won't help the hunt for suspects.

But Wood said the theory is meritless. The DNA was found commingled with blood, he said, and its genetic markers may match evidence taken from fingernails on both of JonBenet's hands.

"There are common markers as to all three that would strongly suggest they are from the same source," he said.

JonBenet was found beaten and strangled in the basement of her family's Boulder home on Dec. 26, 1996. Her body was discovered about seven hours after Patsy Ramsey reported finding a ransom note demanding $118,000 for the girl's safe return.

No suspects have been arrested in the death. Police have said her parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, remain under suspicion.

Wood said the latest theory is another example of how investigators are out to get the Ramsey family.

"The Ramseys are not going to sit back and tolerate it. The Boulder Police Department with its leaks and its campaign of character assassination is going to buy itself a lawsuit," he said.

Wood said he expects to file a civil lawsuit against the Boulder Police Department by the end of the year seeking compensatory damages for the Ramseys, and possibly seeking to transfer the investigation to another law enforcement agency.

Since: Dec 06

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Dec 26, 2006
Detroit Breakdown wrote:
<quoted text>What I think will convict the killer is that he carries the rare 2% scottish red headed DNA.
Good God! It's Groundskeeper Willie! lol
sargepcpd

United States

#9 Dec 26, 2006
Detroit you spin a twisted tale. This guy who you are claiming is a serial child killer why hasn't he been caught. I have read a lot of your post and frankly it seems like it would be more likely that you are the killer instead of this Gary McGreen that you talk about. Tell me where does Gary live, what state? What town? What does Gary do for a proffession that he is all around the country? Why is it that he trusts you with so much information? Most serial killers families don't even know that they are killers until after they are caught. That is not something you would go and tell your friends unless they are just as sick and twisted as you are. I've been researching you DB. You say you were DNA tested for JBR's murder. When was that and what agency preformed the test? You want to play like you know so much. Why not give the right person something useful. Or are you just using this site as a way to gloat about crimes that you yourself have committed. Thinking that everyone will pass you off as a serial junky. Is that it Detroit? Tell me Detroit, you are Gary aren't you? You offer all this stuff up about Gary that is incredibly personal. Things people just don't talk about. I bet you come from a troubled family don't you? Did daddy leave when you were a kid? I bet you had a really dominating mother to didn't you? What kind of psychiatric problems do you have Detroit, I bet you are bipolar is that right?
candy

East Lansing, MI

#10 Dec 26, 2006
Just to show the outstanding police work you NEVER hear about, and also, how minute this male fragment looks in comparison will all of this:
Fox News Exclusive: www.foxnews.com

Carol McKinley: Cops collected evidence from the Ramsey house for 2 weeks and there is still plenty to work with.

Chief (Fresno, CO) Tom Wickman: We printed every window in that house, inside and out. We dug through the gravel in the play area. We used infared on the walls.
Indigo

Wiscasset, ME

#11 Dec 26, 2006
Candy wrote:

"Yes, it matters if this is true or not, since it can be traced back to LIN WOOD, and ONLY Team Scamsey has EVER said it was caucasian in the first place"

Amen, Candy. Several "urban legends" have bit the dust this week. If LW is the source of these myths, then one has to ask the question: WHY? Why fabricate if truth is on your side?
Nancy Drew

Chicago, IL

#12 Dec 26, 2006
Tom Wickman has NO idea about the DNA! He left this case so many years ago...long before the newer DNA testing was done. How can he possibly comment on the state of the evidence, especially DNA, at this point? He can't.

I have no idea whether this DNA is caucasian or not. It doesn't seem all that important to me. I may have been told along the way...but, honestly I don't remember. But, Wickman has NO idea either.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#13 Dec 26, 2006
No he didn't Mame. He was the BPD representative in the grand jury! He didn't leave the case until 2002.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#14 Dec 26, 2006
BTW, Carol doesn't quote Wickman for the story about the DNA not being caucasian. She doesn't name her sources, and neither did I when I posted the same thing.
Nancy Drew

Chicago, IL

#15 Dec 26, 2006
Yes, he was there until 2002 but he wasn't there for the further DNA testing. That was done AFTER he left.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#16 Dec 26, 2006
You're right Mame, and I doubt he was any of her sources on that issue.

Correction: Tom is the police chief of FRISCO, CO, not Fresno, CO, as I posted.
Detroit Breakdown

United States

#17 Dec 26, 2006
sargepcpd wrote:
Detroit you spin a twisted tale. This guy who you are claiming is a serial child killer why hasn't he been caught. I have read a lot of your post and frankly it seems like it would be more likely that you are the killer instead of this Gary McGreen that you talk about. Tell me where does Gary live, what state? What town? What does Gary do for a proffession that he is all around the country? Why is it that he trusts you with so much information? Most serial killers families don't even know that they are killers until after they are caught. That is not something you would go and tell your friends unless they are just as sick and twisted as you are. I've been researching you DB. You say you were DNA tested for JBR's murder. When was that and what agency preformed the test? You want to play like you know so much. Why not give the right person something useful. Or are you just using this site as a way to gloat about crimes that you yourself have committed. Thinking that everyone will pass you off as a serial junky. Is that it Detroit? Tell me Detroit, you are Gary aren't you? You offer all this stuff up about Gary that is incredibly personal. Things people just don't talk about. I bet you come from a troubled family don't you? Did daddy leave when you were a kid? I bet you had a really dominating mother to didn't you? What kind of psychiatric problems do you have Detroit, I bet you are bipolar is that right?
Why hasn`t Gary ben caught? Because he`s smarter than the police. Why will Gary be caught? Because he`s not smarter than God and Gary`s made a couple mistakes. If you HAD read a lot of my posts as you claim you`d know that Gary owns a home in a Detroit suburb. You say most serial killers families don`t know they are killers. Interesting that Gary`s own sister turned him in in 2000 as the MI Oakland County Child Killer. So did I in 2001. Problem is Gary gives his buddies little girls to molest and in return one with cancer gave him DNA to leave inside a kid so Gary`s DNA didn`t match. He messed up though, because he left his DNA on Jonbenet when he wet his finger to wipe a crusty blood spot on her privates. Police know my name. I`ve published their names. Do some more research. You`ll find it. Contact them. Ask them have they ever heard of Dan and has Dan in Detroit and Gary`s own sister in MN both turned in Gary as the Oakland County Child Killer. Did I come from a troubled family? No. A well adjusted family and I love and appreciate both of my parents. I also have a family of my own and we get along fine. Tell you what though. Recently I`ve gotten a little more proof against Gary and I`m writing a Dear John letter to John Ramsey and when I contact John Ramsey, Jonbenet will soon have Justice. Have a nice day.
Vivian

AOL

#18 Dec 26, 2006
Detroit Breakdown wrote:
<quoted text>Why hasn`t Gary ben caught? Because he`s smarter than the police. Why will Gary be caught? Because he`s not smarter than God and Gary`s made a couple mistakes. If you HAD read a lot of my posts as you claim you`d know that Gary owns a home in a Detroit suburb. You say most serial killers families don`t know they are killers. Interesting that Gary`s own sister turned him in in 2000 as the MI Oakland County Child Killer. So did I in 2001. Problem is Gary gives his buddies little girls to molest and in return one with cancer gave him DNA to leave inside a kid so Gary`s DNA didn`t match. He messed up though, because he left his DNA on Jonbenet when he wet his finger to wipe a crusty blood spot on her privates. Police know my name. I`ve published their names. Do some more research. You`ll find it. Contact them. Ask them have they ever heard of Dan and has Dan in Detroit and Gary`s own sister in MN both turned in Gary as the Oakland County Child Killer. Did I come from a troubled family? No. A well adjusted family and I love and appreciate both of my parents. I also have a family of my own and we get along fine. Tell you what though. Recently I`ve gotten a little more proof against Gary and I`m writing a Dear John letter to John Ramsey and when I contact John Ramsey, Jonbenet will soon have Justice. Have a nice day.
You'd better think twice about that Dear John letter, you might just end up another JMKarr! John Ramsey's either going to file that in the circular, or hand it over to his crackerjack investigator buddies and LOOK OUT! You're their next Code Six! lololol
Justice seeker

Lewiston, ID

#19 Dec 26, 2006
candy wrote:
Fox News has reported today that the unsourced DNA in her underwear is NOT caucasian, as I posted as well.
And FOX News would know this earth shattering news How? What is their source?
candy

East Lansing, MI

#20 Dec 26, 2006
They don't have to say their "source or sources". WHO was Lin Wood's "source" for saying it WAS caucasian? It's only Wood or Tracey that has EVER said that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6/23/98 Interview Transcript 4 hr Mama2JML 22
Martha Moxley 4 hr Mama2JML 81
JonBenet Investigation (Nov '11) 9 hr robert 1,649
Christina Masewicz Outed As a FRAUD in the Jeff... (Nov '10) 15 hr Dennis worley 37
Jonbenet Ramsey murderer 17 hr Justice1313 223
Patsy couldn't state, "Our child has been kidna... 18 hr berrytea333 55
Chief James Kolar on the JonBenet Ramsey case, ... (Aug '13) 18 hr Rangette 323
More from around the web