The Oakland County Child Killer
Les Martin

Warren, MI

#12108 Jul 19, 2012
Not Les Martin wrote:
Les how many of these suspects do you think already have DNA in the system?
Elephino. The case had 10,000 suspects. I am sure Sloan was on that list. Any of those 10,000 that have been in prison in Michigan has a DNA profile. Cooper addressed in her news release that not all states have a data base to compare DNA samples to a suspect. Michigan can probably can match mito or full DNA. However that's where I came up with 100 susprects that match the hair found on the boys. 1% of 10,000.
Not Les Martin

Roseville, MI

#12109 Jul 19, 2012
In the past Sloan was transferred from the prison he is in to the Oakland County Jail twice. Once in December 2010 and once in February. Sloan was transferred by a court order, the Deputy Warden at the prison said the court orders don't say why Sloan was transferred and he said these types of orders are typical if a person needs to be in court or if there is an investigation.

Does anyone know when these hairs were tested and how long the testing took? I'm trying to figure out if maybe Sloans December 2010 transfer was because of the results of the DNA tests
Not Les Martin

Roseville, MI

#12110 Jul 19, 2012
Les Martin wrote:
<quoted text>
Elephino. The case had 10,000 suspects. I am sure Sloan was on that list. Any of those 10,000 that have been in prison in Michigan has a DNA profile. Cooper addressed in her news release that not all states have a data base to compare DNA samples to a suspect. Michigan can probably can match mito or full DNA. However that's where I came up with 100 susprects that match the hair found on the boys. 1% of 10,000.
How would 100 suspects match the hair found on the boys? That would mean these 100 suspects are family.
Gum Shoe

Canton, MI

#12111 Jul 19, 2012
Not Les Martin wrote:
<quoted text>
That composite sketch is from the Tim King abduction with the lady who say's she saw a man talking to a little boy by a Gremlin. The problem with this is Greene was in jail when Tim King was abducted and murdered so it's not Greene in the sketch! Greene and Busch were arrested shortly after victim #3 Kristine Mihelich was found in mid January. Busch would end up getting a good deal and Greene would stay in jail and later get sentenced to life in prison
LE has put so much information out there about time lines and evidnece that can contradict any theory. There are articles out there that say the white dog hair is a match and then another article that states no it isn't. Hoping LE can truly pin point the actual killer(s) and give Mr. King and all the victims families closure and justice. The only fact that we all can agree on is that LE seriously dropped the ball on this case from momement one.(P.S. To the "Petty" judge out there who will no doubt type a negative key, save your finger usage because that really is old and has no place for this blog site.)
Not Les Martin

Roseville, MI

#12113 Jul 19, 2012
Gum Shoe wrote:
<quoted text>
LE has put so much information out there about time lines and evidnece that can contradict any theory. There are articles out there that say the white dog hair is a match and then another article that states no it isn't. Hoping LE can truly pin point the actual killer(s) and give Mr. King and all the victims families closure and justice. The only fact that we all can agree on is that LE seriously dropped the ball on this case from momement one.(P.S. To the "Petty" judge out there who will no doubt type a negative key, save your finger usage because that really is old and has no place for this blog site.)
Well what I said is a fact. It's a fact that Greene was in jail while Tim King was abducted and murdered. It's a fact that the composite sketch was created after Tim King was abducted when the one woman told police she saw a man talking to a young boy by a blue Gremlin. Greene was in jail which means the composite sketch is not Greene!
CasObs

Rockford, IL

#12114 Jul 19, 2012
Not Les Martin wrote:
In the past Sloan was transferred from the prison he is in to the Oakland County Jail twice. Once in December 2010 and once in February. Sloan was transferred by a court order, the Deputy Warden at the prison said the court orders don't say why Sloan was transferred and he said these types of orders are typical if a person needs to be in court or if there is an investigation.
Does anyone know when these hairs were tested and how long the testing took? I'm trying to figure out if maybe Sloans December 2010 transfer was because of the results of the DNA tests
The two hairs from Tim's body were "lost"--mislabeled. This hair evidence came from the FOIA documents. Wayne County had to lean hard on the MSP to hunt down this evidence. If I had to guess, these hairs got sent to the FBI in mid/late 2009.
4912jma

Dearborn Heights, MI

#12115 Jul 19, 2012
does anyone know if Sloan and RONALD LLOYD BAILEY knew each other?
Not Les Martin

Roseville, MI

#12116 Jul 19, 2012
CasObs wrote:
<quoted text>The two hairs from Tim's body were "lost"--mislabeled. This hair evidence came from the FOIA documents. Wayne County had to lean hard on the MSP to hunt down this evidence. If I had to guess, these hairs got sent to the FBI in mid/late 2009.
How do you get FOIA documents anyways? Don't they cost money also?
just-thinking

Jackson, MI

#12120 Jul 19, 2012
That's encouraging... I mean embarrassing. Why not do the minimum, OCP? Just ask for help and then ignore everyone. Does WAYNE COUNTY have a tip line that people may use instead?
pbdbn

Southfield, MI

#12125 Jul 19, 2012
4912jma wrote:
Who is he ?
I know a man with that name ?
Same name. He's a kiddy rapist. So, what and who are you talking about ? I'd like to know ?
Thanks.
Crystal Vision

Utica, MI

#12127 Jul 19, 2012
4912jma wrote:
I remember that creepy guy from Livonia!!!!
Crystal Vision

Utica, MI

#12129 Jul 19, 2012
pbdbn wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is he ?
I know a man with that name ?
Same name. He's a kiddy rapist. So, what and who are you talking about ? I'd like to know ?
Thanks.
Not just a rapist... This guy was a murderer too! Bad news...
pbdbn

Southfield, MI

#12134 Jul 19, 2012
Yeah, I can see that...some won't even come up for me ?
The man I know with that name is still alive and was out of jail in the early 1980's.
He had 11 brothers and sisters, mostly sisters.
So, I guess it can't be the same man.
The Ron I knew was a monster.
He was in Detroit most of his life.
Not sure if he's still alive ?
Maybe the world got lucky and a parent shot his asss dead !
pbdbn

Southfield, MI

#12135 Jul 19, 2012
Yeah, he would be older than 52 now.
Not a good name or something ?
Les Martin

Warren, MI

#12136 Jul 19, 2012
Not Les Martin wrote:
<quoted text>
How would 100 suspects match the hair found on the boys? That would mean these 100 suspects are family.
About 3% of the non black population has red hair. About 1% of the population matches the hair found in Sloans car. Just for conversation lets say the two percentages are about the same. All redheads inherit their hair color. Just because a person is a redhead does not mean they are related to another redheaded family. My point is you can be in the 1% group of suspects without being related to the other suspects.

I already told this story but in high school my graduating class was 117 students.
0.6 percent of the general population has my blood type.
The odds are 70% that you will find someone with my blood type in that group size. There is a 49% chance of finding two matches. The entire graduating class was tested. The tester, Dave Mutch, became excited when he saw my blood under a microscope and called others to look at it. Then I heard they found another match. It turned out to be my girlfriend. Small world. Now if there is a greater chance that you will match the hairs found in Sloan’s car than matching my blood type the hair match is not a big deal.

If it would make any of you feel better to know this, my blood could save all of your lives but I can only receive blood from the same blood type.
Crystal Vision

Utica, MI

#12137 Jul 19, 2012
pbdbn wrote:
Yeah, I can see that...some won't even come up for me ?
The man I know with that name is still alive and was out of jail in the early 1980's.
He had 11 brothers and sisters, mostly sisters.
So, I guess it can't be the same man.
The Ron I knew was a monster.
He was in Detroit most of his life.
Not sure if he's still alive ?
Maybe the world got lucky and a parent shot his asss dead !
Lol, maybe it's the name sake because this Ron was also a monster... Not as many siblings though. He grew up in Livonia and went to Franklin HS on Joy Rd... Ironically, not far from where he dumped one of the boys he killed. He was just a creep who went deviant mentally. Amazing how many of these kinds are among us.... Today there has to be just as many as there was back then..... Okay, freaking myself out. With regard to the timeline he could have known Chris Busch (ore-suicide I guess) but there MO's were so different... Plus Chis a child of privilege and Bailey being so middle class it seems unlikely. Just my thoughts.
Crystal Vision

Utica, MI

#12138 Jul 19, 2012
That was supposed to read per-suicide...
Crystal Vision

Utica, MI

#12139 Jul 19, 2012
Okay my grammar and typing are a mess or something.. Not sure what's wrong with me tonight... Sorry for the messed up spelling and such
Crystal Vision

Utica, MI

#12143 Jul 19, 2012
Helen Dagner wrote:
Helen,
FYI - Ronald Lee Bailey was only 16 years old when Mark Stebbins was murdered. No way was he even close to the OCCK case.
http://mdocweb.state.mi.us/OTIS2/otis2profile...
Don't forget that Gunnels was about 16 at the time...
Crystal Vision

Utica, MI

#12145 Jul 19, 2012
Helen Dagner wrote:
<quoted text> Your right and just recently even 7 and 11 year olds have killed-so I guess the world is going to Hell- You just never know and in this case-wouldn't surprise me
Helen, In your heart of hearts... Do you believe this will be solved? It seems like everyone is using it as political leverage the last few days and nothing more. Mr. King looks so tired. My fear is that they will just pin it on the most convenient person and call it a day. On the flip side, maybe there willbevavrush for on side to solve before the other .. Two separate counties and the MSP. I have not heard any comments from the Capt.of the State Police in a while either... What gives... Was he not handed this a while ago. Thought we might see him on the TV or radio.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
naked through a window (Jun '10) 5 hr Right44 19
2.5 Pages of RN 7 hr PelicanBreefs 79
ICU2 's Child Trafficking (Dec '14) 11 hr icu2 752
Jonbenet naked 14 hr Texxy 9
the box of candy 22 hr heatherk79 20
News Author strikes down intruder theory in JonBenet... (Jul '12) Fri Texxy 146
Juror 13 solved the crime. Fri PelicanBreefs 5
More from around the web