The Oakland County Child Killer
CandyO

Greenwood, IN

#6768 Aug 13, 2011
Les wrote:
<quoted text>
I have known since 1979 that Gary was the killer. I can place all four OCCK children and Jane Allen in the cabin.
I saw clues while he was alive but I just blew them off as remarkable coicidences. I knew Gary had demons but I simply thought Gary was too nice of a guy to be a killer. You need to go no further than OCCK Lead Detective Garry Gray to find a witness to describe Gary the same way I do.
Gary acted quite normal but had wild swings in his behavior and his actions.
I made a conscious decision to hold off turning in what I found hidden in the drop ceiling. The cabin burned to the ground a few months later and that made my decision to hold off coming forward easier. I was simply protecting my own interest and any reward available was not worth the stigma of being married into the OCCK family. I fantasized all my life about being a wonderful father and this would definitely destroy my children's well being. I have been asked several times by investigators if I burned the cabin down.
I assume they think that I wanted to destroy evidence. Kdogg thinks I may have burned it down.
I viewed my find as a disaster. I envisioned my mother in law having a heart attack. I envisioned my wife going completely mentally unstable. I envisioned that a divorce was inevitable. I saw my children being raised without my protection from an insane mother.
I saw myself as paying for years of child support without the enjoyment of being with my children. I saw that what was a wonderful relationship with my wife’s family would end.
I saw myself as never having friends and I felt my career would suffer badly.
I saw my name as being very public.
What has changed now is I have came forward and most of the things I predicted came true. I am so guilty by association that I was made a top suspect and my own mother thinks I may be the killer. I was the white sheep of the family until then.
I do not want all the hell that I have went through to be in vain now. The damage is done.
I have very mixed emotions about whether I should be ashamed that I bottled up some very important information or proud that I stayed on course and raised three wonderful successful children. All three of my children have near or above genius IQs.
They all know about there Uncle Gary but none of them care. They don’t have his last name and it is their choice if they want to make it public they have the blood of the most sought after child killer in US history.
Investigators are telling me that I cannot be prosecuted unless I was actually involved in the crime. I do not believe them. I believe they will hang my as s in a heart beat.
I want to get in front of the grand jury. Immunity and promise of a polygraph test to verify that all my claims are true and I will blab like a S.O.B. I would love it if they would throw in questions about my posts. That would make the whole thing fun for me.
I would love to see them give you a polygraph but the machine would probably go haywire and the polygraph operator will need a psychiatrist himself. I have provided investigators with the names of my two close buddies that knew what I knew many years ago long before that day that I walked into Anger’s office and discovered how complicated and cold coming forward can get.
Tell any story you want. The first line in your post tells me everything. You are claiming to have had information since 1979 that solves the case. That makes you an accessory after the fact. It makes you a lowlife who has obstructed the investigation by not immediately coming forward the moment you felt you knew who the OCCK was, allowing the parents and siblings to suffer for 35 years when "Gary" could have either been ruled out or nailed. Les, that makes you a bastard in my book.
Henri McPhee

London, UK

#6769 Aug 13, 2011
Les wrote:
<quoted text>
Your desire to twist my story tells me something about your personality and maybe your motive for posting. First of all I am not stupid enough to think that anyone would not question my honesty with a post like I made about Anthony G. I expected backlash.
If you reread the post I never said I saw Chucky O'brian. I did not know I speaking to Anthony G. until a few days later when I saw his face on TV.
It all started because I did a double take on Anthony G. thinking he was a guy named Frank Brown. Anthony G obviously thought I saw something that I did not see to panic the way he did.
I notice one thing about my bashers or basher if you know what I mean. They are using my non OCCK stories to attack my credibility.
I think the bashers are extremely scared that information I posted about the OCCK is true and will soon be public knowledge. You or no one else is going to stop me this go around. I am taking her home
and I will forgive all of you who tried to stop me.
What's the surname of your suspect? This is confusing.
Les

Warren, MI

#6770 Aug 13, 2011
CandyO wrote:
<quoted text>Tell any story you want. The first line in your post tells me everything. You are claiming to have had information since 1979 that solves the case. That makes you an accessory after the fact. It makes you a lowlife who has obstructed the investigation by not immediately coming forward the moment you felt you knew who the OCCK was, allowing the parents and siblings to suffer for 35 years when "Gary" could have either been ruled out or nailed. Les, that makes you a bastard in my book.
\

You are right on the money. At least you understand why I am afraid.
I am not a proud man.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6771 Aug 13, 2011
just-thinking wrote:
Regarding Shelden: This must be the same gross person. http://newgon.com/wiki/Frank_Torey
If that isn't true, please correct it.
Yes, Francis D Shelden became Frank Torey after fleeing to the pedophile colony in Amsterdam. That fact might be of little or no importance to the OCCK case - but it is of tremendous importance to the research that I've been doing over the last 20+ years. I had possessed that info, that Frank Torey = Francis Shelden, for decades, but it wasn't until news coverage of the King family's quest to learn the facts about Busch, and especially the postings of "mybrotherskeeper" in this forum, that Torey having once been Francis Shelden of Ann Arbor MI was transformed from biographical trivia into a matter of great importance, for me.(My thanks again, mybrotherskeeper!)

I've come to exploration of the OCCK case from a very different direction than most of those whose postings I've read here,(in fact, from the very opposite direction). I STARTED with the Amsterdam "pedophile colony" and its more 'prominent' members, and tracing certain things BACKWARD in time from there eventually brought me to the North Fox Island/Brother Paul's Children's Mission and associated cases, other pedophile ring activity in Michigan, and then OCCK.

There is a network of persons, who have been responsible for sabotaging,(sabotage, isn't a strong enough term...these people insinuating themselves into investigations or prosecutions inevitably destroys any hope that anyone will ever be able to perceive the facts of what really took place in the case, for all eternity), investigations into and/or prosecutions of large scale child sexual abuse cases - in the US, Canada, the UK, Australian and some European nations, from the early 1980's to the present day. You may be surprised to hear that they are not pedophiles, nor even vaguely sympathetic to pedophiles - rather, they claim to be zealously anti-pedophile "experts" on child sexual abuse rings & associated subjects.

Decades ago, I figured out that some members of this network were using theoretical "templates" or 'blueprints' for what child sex abuse rings do & how they operate, and would always attempt to apply their template models to any case that they managed to weasel into. But, their template never seemed to be an accurate match to the known facts of any case. Rather than revising or abandoning their template models, they would warp and distort the facts of that case, generate elaborate & fantastical conspiracy theories to explain away the discrepancies between their theory and blatantly obvious realities, and actually create fraudulent 'evidence' that superficially appeared to support their fictional versions of events relating to the case.

For a long time, I'd been suspicious that these investigations wreckers had derived their templates from some genuine case in the distant past, and eventually I found that case. It's not OCCK specifically, although OCCK might be said to be a component of the larger case.
just-thinking

Jackson, MI

#6772 Aug 13, 2011
I hope you continue to post. I would just like to know if the other principles from North Fox Island made it to prison or the grave and what important persons got away with frequenting that horrible place. Tracking Richards isn't hard, but what about Starchild and Grossman. What became of them?
Les

Warren, MI

#6773 Aug 13, 2011
Henri McPhee wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the surname of your suspect? This is confusing.
Half of the posters know it and no one has posted it yet.
Maybe some one will email it to you. I find it ironic that the task force has talked about him publicly but have never disclosed his name.
Otherwise they don't seem to have a problem making suspects names public. I could interpet that two ways but I won't speculate what I think that is.

Location hidden

#6774 Aug 13, 2011
just-thinking wrote:
I hope you continue to post. I would just like to know if the other principles from North Fox Island made it to prison or the grave and what important persons got away with frequenting that horrible place. Tracking Richards isn't hard, but what about Starchild and Grossman. What became of them?
I'll be frank with you - my ignorance of these subjects could fill several oceans, my knowledge would barely fill a thimble. Also, it's not my intention to become a regular in the conversations here,(although, I've been drawn into contributing more than I'd intended elsewhere in the past, so you never know).

I wanted to post my thanks to "mybrotherskeeper", and after slogging through 90% of the postings here and not finding explicit references to what I believe could be a serious confounding factor in any/all OCCK related investigation - that many sexual abuse victims from that time were forced to also play the role of abusers, in photos and on film - I chose to spell that out myself.
(There was some oblique discussion, WAY back there. Mybrotherskeeper had said: "NO MORE SECRETS. The one thing this case needs the most is a some sunshine; let's get this thing disinfected once and for all" - which I vehemently agree with.
Cody replied with: "There are victims with stories who don't want to be outted. It can't be posted here", and if Cody meant "posted here...without their permission or against their wills", I would vehemently agree with that too. Therein lies a huge conundrum)

What became of Starchild and Grossman? Assuming, of course, that they weren't the same person all along...

"Adam Starchild: Convicted of mail fraud in 1986 and tax fraud in 1989, sentenced to more than ten years in prison":
http://www.offshorealert.com/Harris/harriscli...

It's hard to assess if Adam Starchild,(decode - First Aquarian), was a self-professed "boylover" like his buddies...I don't have explicit evidence for that. He was still a scumbag on several levels - he could not have been ignorant of their intentions, when he helped Grossman and others to set up fake charitable organizations for boys. He was a prolific financial libertarian author, but he was also a crook & con-artist whose first choice of suckers to victimize was other financial libertarians.
I believe this publication predates the Fox Island meltdown...it ought to cause everyone's blood to run cold...
"Feasability of establishing boy's and girl's camps on Indian Reservations" by Bureau of Indian Affairs , U. S. Department of the Interior , Adam Starchild: "The concern of this study is to determine the feasibility of the establishment and operation of private boys and girls camps on Indian reservations in the United States... The private camp for boys and girls proposed by this study differs in many instances from other forms of camping in the United States today. Such a camp is customarily referred to as "residential" in order to distinguish it from the day camp which does not provide overnight accommodations for its campers. Residential camps are further classified as private, organizational or agency, and public; the camp to be considered in this study is PRIVATELY OWNED AND OPERATED.[what a piece of s--- this man was!]

Still alive & out of prison in 1999:
http://www.benbest.com/travel/costarica.html
"One of the most notable people I met was Adam Starchild, who happened to be sitting next to me on a busride of conference people. Adam is an extropian expatriate who is an expert on offshore havens...His last two countries of residence had been Spain & Colombia, and he was currently living in Panama"

Location hidden

#6775 Aug 13, 2011
just-thinking

I'll be frank with you - my ignorance of these subjects could fill several oceans, my knowledge would barely fill a thimble. Also, it's not my intention to become a regular in the conversations here,(although, I've been drawn into contributing more than I'd intended elsewhere in the past, so you never know).

I wanted to post my thanks to "mybrotherskeeper", and after slogging through 90% of the postings here and not finding explicit references to what I believe could be a serious confounding factor in any/all OCCK related investigation - that many sexual abuse victims from that time were forced to also play the role of abusers, in photos and on film - I chose to spell that out myself.
(There was some oblique discussion, WAY back there. Mybrotherskeeper had said: "NO MORE SECRETS. The one thing this case needs the most is a some sunshine; let's get this thing disinfected once and for all" - which I vehemently agree with.
Cody replied with: "There are victims with stories who don't want to be outted. It can't be posted here", and if Cody meant "posted here...without their permission or against their wills", I would vehemently agree with that too. Therein lies a huge conundrum)

What became of Starchild and Grossman? Assuming, of course, that they weren't the same person all along...

"Adam Starchild: Convicted of mail fraud in 1986 and tax fraud in 1989, sentenced to more than ten years in prison":
http://www.offshorealert.com/Harris/harriscli...

It's hard to assess if Adam Starchild,(decode - First Aquarian), was a self-professed "boylover" like his buddies...I don't have explicit evidence for that. He was still a scumbag on several levels - he could not have been ignorant of their intentions, when he helped Grossman and others to set up fake charitable organizations for boys. He was a prolific financial libertarian author, but he was also a crook & con-artist whose first choice of suckers to victimize was other financial libertarians.
I believe this publication predates the Fox Island meltdown...it ought to cause everyone's blood to run cold...
"Feasability of establishing boy's and girl's camps on Indian Reservations" by Bureau of Indian Affairs , U. S. Department of the Interior , Adam Starchild: "The concern of this study is to determine the feasibility of the establishment and operation of private boys and girls camps on Indian reservations in the United States... The private camp for boys and girls proposed by this study differs in many instances from other forms of camping in the United States today. Such a camp is customarily referred to as "residential" in order to distinguish it from the day camp which does not provide overnight accommodations for its campers. Residential camps are further classified as private, organizational or agency, and public; the camp to be considered in this study is PRIVATELY OWNED AND OPERATED.[what a piece of s--- this man was!]

Still alive & out of prison in 1999:
http://www.benbest.com/travel/costarica.html
"One of the most notable people I met was Adam Starchild, who happened to be sitting next to me on a busride of conference people. Adam is an extropian expatriate who is an expert on offshore havens...His last two countries of residence had been Spain & Colombia, and he was currently living in Panama"
just-thinking

Jackson, MI

#6776 Aug 13, 2011
POS agreed. I agree that victims coerced into committing crimes shouldn't be compelled to testify. I just feel sick thinking about those monsters getting away with all of it. Shelden apparently made a whole new life as a writer and editor out of his disgusting memories and fantasies about his victims. They should be completely exposed, but I do see how that could expose many innocents who surely wanted no part of any of it.

Location hidden

#6777 Aug 13, 2011
just-thinking,

I don't want anyone to misinterpret my point in raising the POSSIBLE victim-victimizer status of persons who might possess important information about the crimes of Busch-Greene and/or the OCCK case.

My wish would be, that the murdered victim's families should be given access to EVERYTHING - ALL the information possessed by any public agency - that they believe might be relevant to those children's murders. If it is really necessary, make that conditional on their signing a kind of Peace Bond agreement that the family members won't subsequently disclose certain kinds of info to anyone else - subject to being held "in contempt of court" should they violate that agreement. I don't think that you or I, or every Tom, Dick & Harry NEED to see all the documents or know everything that's in them, there's no pressing need for EVERYTHING to be made totally public, perhaps. But have the decency to honor the memory of the deceased by allowing the families the peace of mind they might get from full disclosure.

I cheered Barry King's full frontal assault FOI lawsuit. Good for him! It's just OUTRAGEOUS that they are still withholding certain documents from HIM. Ok, there's an "active investigation" and they can't make exceptions to the valid principle of withholding info during investigation...but it's just too easy for that to be used as an excuse! They could still be saying that, 30 years from NOW!

But that's very easy for me to say...my name isn't in those documents. If documents they are withholding contain details about who was forced to do what to whom - they might never give them up, redacted or not, even after all this time. How do you discern a pure victim from a victim-accomplice, and who would want the burden of making such judgements? Such questions might have been a confounding factor in the first OCCK taskforce investigation, even. The Dean Corll - Elmer Henley - David Brooks case was only 3-4 years before? Both Henley & Brooks are still referred to as Corll's accomplices. The evidence against Henley was overwhelming, but was Brooks really an accomplice - or was he just "a lure"?

I do think it's possible that remnants & associates of the pedophile rings might have found ways to interfere with various investigations, to save their own *sses. I wouldn't rule out corrupt officials playing a role. I never rule out simple incompetence, either. But I also think the victim-victimizer conundrum, by itself, could have impacted the decisions & actions,(or inaction), of competent, honest, well-intentioned people at any point along the justice process - from the late 1970's to the present day.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#6778 Aug 14, 2011
CandyO wrote:
<quoted text> Les, meet Detroit.
Wait...I'm confused....I thought Les was Detroit.
CandyO

Greenwood, IN

#6779 Aug 14, 2011
shill wrote:
<quoted text>Wait...I'm confused....I thought Les was Detroit.
Not even twin brothers from different mothers.
Lilly

Denver, CO

#6780 Aug 14, 2011
Hello just-thinking and withgreatrespect,

Mr. Best’s encounter with Starchild-the paragraph in its entirety:

Over dinner one evening I spoke with Adam and Andres, a student entering his last year at Francisco Marroquin University in Guatemala who Adam was "patronizing" (ie, being a patron or sponsor for). Marroquin University is sponsored by the Foundation Francisco Marroquin ( www.ffmnet.org ). I was astonished to learn that this University is entirely devoted to teaching Austrian Economics, Popper, etc. Nearly all the graduates enter the business world, but Andres wanted to become an academic. I was also surprised to learn that there had been only one atheist among the 400 students in the school (not Andres). Earlier, Raul Costales had told me that atheism is exceedingly rare in Latin American. Over a breakfast with Adam and Mary Ruwart I got into a fascinating discussion over whether slander & libel are crimes (since they do not involve "initiation of physical force") and of the difficulty in determining the extent of a crime such as rape, where psychological impact (a subjective response) counts for so much more than demonstrable physical injury.

The above paragraph seems to point to Starchild continuing his and Shelden’s tradition of “sponsoring” boys through school. As we know some were very young and some were not so young. They were nevertheless “beholding” to their benefactor.

Starchild went on to live a full and very profitable life. He was a writer and a publisher. He wrote dozens of books on tax havens, how to start travel agencies, how to live in one country work in another and keep assets in yet another. And he was involved in STARbooks Press
They claim to be part of the GLBT commu
nity and some of the authors do actually write “adult” gay erotica. But the whole “man-boy” love thing tries to hide under the umbrella of the respectable gay community. Starchild found a way in that door but…an actual title found with his name attached: Adam Starchild –“The man the boy and the boy consummation”

Grossman simply disappeared back in the day. Starchild died in 2006.

It seems unlikely that the wealthy and powerful Sheldens/Algers didn’t use their considerable influence to keep this part of the nightmare from being the huge story it would have and should have been. If you think H Lee Busch had reasons for hushing it all up, imagine what those with a much higher social standing had to lose. I still believe that keeping Busch hidden was in part also a way to make sure the full extent of Francis’ dirt stayed that way also-hidden.
They were both busted with reels of film from North Fox Island.
Lilly

Denver, CO

#6781 Aug 14, 2011
More:
As for our inability to understand how disjointed and even destroyed a victim can become and then begin to victimize weather by force or by choice, we were not at all able to see it clearly back in the seventies. An example would be Patti Hearst. She would never be convicted today but she was back then. Some of the victim/victimizers would not have been met with sensitivity or understanding. I believe if they were of a certain age they would have been prosecuted and sent to juvenile facilities and not given the help they would have desperately needed. I believe you are right. They wouldn’t be held accountable today-not in that way.

As for Shelden, Starchild and others getting away with their horrible crimes, I don’t believe they have. I believe in a Karmic God. While it is society’s place to judge actions and punish accordingly, it is not our job to judge a man’s soul. That is God’s work. I have to believe that whoever had that job on the other side did it well where these destroyers of children are concerned.
I have often thought that a movement to get a “Crimes Against Children” law passed, would go along way toward being able to hunt them down no matter where they hide. Over the past decade or so it has become increasingly clear that child trafficking is a worldwide enterprise. I am sure that in that dark world Shelden and Starchild have the dubious honor of having grandfathered in some the methods for sustaining this continual criminal enterprise.

Location hidden

#6782 Aug 14, 2011
Very interesting & informative Lilly! Thank you.
"Grossman simply disappeared back in the day. Starchild died in 2006."
I'd be very interested in seeing definitive evidence that "Adam Starchild" wasn't a pseudonym for Dyer Grossman - that Grossman didn't simply abandon his legal identity and live out his life as Adam Starchild instead. That's speculation, and I have other candidates for identities that Grossman might have assumed, that are at least as circumstantially probable as Adam Starchild.(There could be much simpler solutions to the Grossman disappearance - there's a Dyer Grossman of approx. the right age living in New York, apparently)
"Starchild...was involved in STARbooks Press, They claim to be part of the GLBT community...But the whole “man-boy” love thing tries to hide under the umbrella of the respectable gay community"
There is so much more to say about that, also of great relevance to several other topics & issues. Disentangling the gay experience and self-identity from the traditionally more dominant "boy-lover" (pederast) manifestation of homosexual attraction, is a social process that has taken place over the last several hundred years, and has been as confusing for some gay men as it has been for many in the heterosexual mainstream, particularly because many gay men were sexually exploited by self-professed Boylovers during their youth.
The simplest differentiation between them is this: gay men perceive themselves to be "a different kind of person" from heterosexual males, and have historically supported the State's interest in regulating sexual contact between adults and minors. Boylovers have traditionally denied being different from average heterosexual males in any significant way, and are obsessed with eliminating age-of-consent laws.
In his testimony before the Illinois hearings, Gerald Richards provided information that proves any claims by the likes of Shelden-Starchild to be "just another gay man" were a fraudulent, self-protective scam:
"Senator Wallop: And the philosophy of this Better Life organization is that it [sex between men and boys] is all right as long as nobody is getting hurt ?"
"Mr. Richards: That really is the concept. I am talking about organized pederastia — they claim THEY ARE NOT BISEXUALS OR HOMOSEXUALS..."
Lilly

Denver, CO

#6783 Aug 14, 2011
withgreatrespect,

Very good point, perhaps Grossman is out there still. I would find it hard to believe that the authorities wouldn’t know it. He could give and maybe he has given some very valuable insight into the island and the many influential patrons. If so, that would be a huge reason for trying to keep it from coming out in FOIAs as it may or may not pertain to the OCCK case.

I just can not believe that influence in very high places hasn’t contributed to making sure this part of a “whole picture” isn’t revealed.

Just as I don’t believe that the branch of the pedophile ring operating in the Cass at that time didn’t have middle of the rung (police/social workers) influence and protection. To imagine that all these well organized and practiced pedophiles were operating for pleasure and profit in such close proximity and didn’t know each other or at least have knowledge of the different but somehow probably connected players, just doesn’t seem possible. Kind of like a big store. You have your bargain basement (the Cass), then your mid-level priced products department (the suburbs) sent out from the Cass and other suppliers, and then the exclusive expensive department (the island) as well.

I would also like to see proof of Starchild’s death and Sheldon’s for that matter; but how? Fake papers of every genre are available for the right price, if you know the right people. No doubt Starchild had a source for any and all of it. Shelden certainly had the funds.

Lilly

Denver, CO

#6784 Aug 14, 2011
withgreatrespect,

Gerald Richard’s testimony was a disgusting sham. More disturbing is that the men listening didn’t call him out on it. I believe that there were people on that Senate committee with ties to the Shelden/Alger clan. This was a big deal to them-huge. I have a difficult time understanding how it is so easy for folks to believe that Busch’s father would and could pull strings to protect his “good name and standing” but that these other much more powerful and wealthy people with much more to lose, wouldn’t or couldn’t do the same.

I believe that there were those among them, who had a pretty good idea who the killers of these children were. If back then this would have been revealed and if it had even the slightest connection to the children of these very powerful people, they would have been forever connected to these infamous murders and it would have ruined them on many levels.

Hiding and then eventually getting rid of Busch would have been a priority. He is irrefutably connected to the OCCK case and he is also irrefutably connected to Shelden. Yes there were those who had many good reasons for sweeping Busch under the rug. It all seems to come full circle back to him. He is connected to Gunnels who is also connected to the Cass. He is connected to Hastings who is also connected to McKinney. McKinney is connected to at least two of the victims and on and on and on…

In there somewhere is the killer or killers of these kids.

But to get there, all this other dirt seeping out of those high places has to be revealed and that just isn’t going to happen if the “powers that be,” have anything to do with it. Unfortunately they did and some of them still do have everything to do with it.

Location hidden

#6785 Aug 14, 2011
Lilly,

Many different pedophile rings of that time definitely were connected, although in a way that didn't require the participants of separate rings to compromise each others 'security' by actually meeting face to face, knowing each other's identities or even have each other's telephone numbers. Gerald Richards revealed that they had been connected through the anonymous remailer service employed by the "boylover" journal "Better Life". But you seem to believe Richard's testimony is problematic:

"Gerald Richard’s testimony was a disgusting sham"

His testimony is certainly filled with nauseating, self-protective rationalizations and minimizing, but...can you direct me to evidence that it is also factually inaccurate with respect to the "Better Life" journal, it's history & how it was operated, the content, the professed beliefs and attitudes of it's contributors & subscribers? Or with respect to the history of "Church of the New Revelation", "Brother Paul's Children's Mission" and the activities conducted under the guise of these fronts? Other than Richard's perceptions of himself, what specifically about his testimony is "a sham", if you wouldn't mind sharing that.

The facts that I've been able to assemble, suggest that the series of criminal endeavors I will call "the Better Life case", represents the pinnacle of this pedophile network's capacities, that any power, influence or wealth they may have possessed at that time declined dramatically thereafter. For example, Starchild wasn't able to prevent or elude prosecution and imprisonment for his financial scams in the '80s. Shelden/Torey's publications were money-losing flops; PAN kept going out of publication, for periods of up to a year, Coltsfoot Press went bankrupt in the mid 80's. The Amsterdam pedophile colony, collectively, weren't able to prevent one of their most important members - John D Stamford - being arrested & charged with conspiring to enable "sex tourism" by pedophiles. He died of a heart attack while in custody, in the mid 90's. The unofficial 'king' of that colony and Shelden/Torey's best friend apparently - Dutch legislator Edward Brongersma - became so despondent over the failure of all his life-long efforts to decriminalize man-boy sex and promote social acceptance of pederasty, that he had himself euthanized in 1999.

As for Shelden remaining wealthy after he fled to Amsterdam, that's not what the public records I've been able to access suggest. Rather, it looks like Shelden was successfully conned by Grossman-Starchild into putting all of his assets into a Trust that Starchild quickly assumed total control over. He still had almost $220,000 in bank accounts under Windigo Ranch, Inc and FDS Land Company, but in order to keep Starchild from stealing all of that cash also those accounts were suspended pending the outcome of court proceedings, and ended up being bundled along with all of his stock and securities assests, into the Trust when he signed full control over it to L. Bennett Young and the Detroit Bank & Trust Company, in the early 80's. Because of his fugitive status, he was barred from ever accessing these funds himself. From the court proceedings:

"Q. Are you aware of the fact what Mr. Young and Detroit & Trust Company's position is with regard to transferring assets to you?"
Shelden: Yes. They absolutely cannot do that"

"Q. You recognize you'll not receive assets from Detroit Bank & Trust Company and Mr. Bennett as long as you're a fugitive?
Shelden: Yes, I recognize that"

"Q. And you still wish them to be your trustees?
Shelden: Yes, I do"
batts

United States

#6786 Aug 14, 2011
Hi folks,

More info on Starchild, or should we say McConahy?

http://www.news.google.com/newspapers...

(Scroll back to 1-B for beginning of story)

Also:

http://ftp.resource.org/courts.gov/c/F2/505/5...

Location hidden

#6787 Aug 14, 2011
batts wrote:
Hi folks,
More info on Starchild, or should we say McConahy?
http://www.news.google.com/newspapers...
(Scroll back to 1-B for beginning of story)
Also:
http://ftp.resource.org/courts.gov/c/F2/505/5...
WOW!
That info holds the key to unlocking the Adam Starchild mystery, alright. A veritable treasure trove of info. Think I'll drop out for awhile and process all of this.

Thank you very much, batts!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
InTouch and Enquirer this week 9 hr stoned luck aka ... 19
Poll Why did Ramseys write "and hence" in Xmas letter? (May '08) 9 hr icu2 53
ICU2 's Child Trafficking (Dec '14) 9 hr icu2 460
The National Enquirer on the new Ramsey investi... (Feb '09) 13 hr cany 119
News Clooney's restraining order 21 hr Here is what I 30
BODE technology - Chandra Levy case (Oct '09) Thu candy 213
The John Ramsey Case; 20 years later Thu stoned luck aka ... 5
More from around the web