Ransom Note: "Good Southern Common Sense"?!

Posted in the JonBenet Ramsey Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7

Since: Apr 12

Williston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

I apologize if this has already been discussed. I did do a search for it but so much popped up it would take me a couple of years to go thru it all!

I'm as confused by the ransom note as everyone else seems to be. There are just so many weird things about it, but I'd like to address just one that's always puzzled me.

Near the end of this epic ransom note, the writer tells John to "use that good Southern common sense of yours"! As Patsy herself pointed out, that makes no sense--umm, no pun intended. Patsy was a quasi-Southerner (I'm Southern and while all Southerners agree that Virginia is definitely Southern, most of us consider West VA "iffy"--more of a "border state".) But obviously Patsy did consider herself Southern, so it wouldn't have been so odd had that remark been addressed to HER. But it wasn't--it was directed at John, who was born in Nebraska and grew up in Michigan. Midwestern, absolutely. Southern??? No way!!!

It seems to me that either the writer knew very little about John's upbringing (for example, knew that John had lived and worked for some time in Atlanta so assumed he was from that area) OR someone knew very well that John was in no way a Southerner and put that in the note--why? To make ppl think, "Well, obviously the writer can't know John at all well if he/she/they believe him to be Southern"--a ruse to disguise just how well the writer DID know John.(Or at least, knew about him.)

I can never decide which scenario to believe--that the Ramseys or someone very close to them were involved, or that JonBenet died by the hands of an intruder/intruders. I still haven't come off the fence about this one even after all these years so I really don't have a bias in favor of any theory. It's all such a mess.

I'd like to hear your opinions--esp. that crazy reference to John's (non-existent) Southernness!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Fat Cats and Southern Common Sense are Gone With The Wind movie references.

Just staging but insight into the femaleness and roots of the writer.

PATSY PATSY PASTY
passion

Safi, Morocco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

well , according to their housekeeper it was a joke that nedra and patsy use to wind up john .
candy

East Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

p.82: The Other Side of Suffering by John Ramsey: "We dated for a year, and on the day I asked her to marry me, I rehearsed my proposal and had everything planned perfectly. I had already spoken to her father to ask his permission, to impress him with my good intentions and follow GOOD OLD SOUTHERN CUSTOMS."

Since: May 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

candy wrote:
p.82: The Other Side of Suffering by John Ramsey: "We dated for a year, and on the day I asked her to marry me, I rehearsed my proposal and had everything planned perfectly. I had already spoken to her father to ask his permission, to impress him with my good intentions and follow GOOD OLD SOUTHERN CUSTOMS."
oh boy! That guy can't help it..and isn't he a little long in the tooth to be asking for permission from a guy that's his age? LOL
candy

East Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

LOL, Yeah!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

candy wrote:
p.82: I rehearsed my proposal
WE STAGED THE SCENE

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the JonBenet Ramsey Forum right now

Search the JonBenet Ramsey Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jeffrey MacDonald Is Guilty (Sep '08) 7 hr Popeye 7,395
Boulder in the 70s Wed gotgum 7
Been kinda quiet lately Wed Steve Eller 24
Similarities between the Ramseys and Jeffrey Da... Wed smashmk 1
JonBenet Investigation (Nov '11) Apr 15 updates 1,595
Hair Apr 12 JimmyWells 5
Undisclosed crime scene images. Apr 11 candy 5
•••
•••