Since: Jan 08

Not Boulder, Co.

#1 Oct 3, 2013

BrotherMoon

“Sandy Stranger killed JonBenet”

Not Boulder, Co.

#4 Oct 3, 2013
A hearing for a lawsuit filed by a Daily Camera reporter and a press advocacy group seeking the release of the indictment secretly voted on by the JonBenet Ramsey grand jury in 1999 has been set for 1:30 p.m. Oct. 11.
Camera reporter Charlie Brennan and the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press filed the lawsuit in Boulder District Court, citing the Colorado Criminal Justice Records Act in an effort to compel Boulder District Attorney Stan Garnett to release the indictment.
The Camera reported earlier this year that the grand jury voted to indict the slain 6-year-old's parents on charges of child abuse resulting in death, but that then-District Attorney Alex Hunter refused to sign the document and prosecute the Ramseys.
The Camera is not a plaintiff in the complaint, but does support the lawsuit.
Retired Weld County Judge Robert Lowenbach will preside over the hearing after Boulder District Judge Andrew Hartman recused himself from the case.
The Boulder DA's Office has not yet filed a written response to the lawsuit, but Garnett said one would be filed within the next few days.
Garnett previously has rejected two requests by the Camera and Brennan seeking the release of the indictment under the Colorado Open Records Act.
In 2010, Brennan worked for Garnett as communications director on Garnett's campaign for Colorado attorney general.
Six-year-old JonBenet was found dead Dec. 26, 1996 in the basement of her family's home, 755 15th St., several hours after Patsy Ramsey called 911 to say her daughter was missing and there was a ransom note.
In October 1999, more than a year after the case went to a grand jury, then-D.A. Hunter announced that the grand jury investigation had come to an end and that no charges would be filed due to a lack of evidence.
But in January of this year, Brennan reported in the Camera that members of the grand jury confirmed they voted to indict both John and Patsy Ramsey on charges of child abuse resulting in death and that Hunter refused to sign the indictment, believing he could not prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt.

BrotherMoon

“Sandy Stranger killed JonBenet”

Not Boulder, Co.

#5 Oct 3, 2013
That wasn't so hard was it?

“May you all come home”

Since: Mar 07

safely Bless you all

#6 Oct 4, 2013
Thanks BM

I will keep my fingers crossed, but I have little hope that they will release the papers.

I don't know what is contained within, but I'm sure whatever it is is a twofold problem, with the first being Burke's "minor" status and the other being "evidence" that we don't know about that the powers that be will claim can't be made public.

I'm sure this will be a big fight and while I have little to no hope that they will be released, I would love to see what evidence brought them to the vote for indictment.

EVERYONE, IDI/RDI SHOULD want to know also.

If released it just may be a "turn the corner" moment for many
Heloise

UK

#7 Oct 4, 2013
Capricorn wrote:
Thanks BM
I will keep my fingers crossed, but I have little hope that they will release the papers.
I don't know what is contained within, but I'm sure whatever it is is a twofold problem, with the first being Burke's "minor" status and the other being "evidence" that we don't know about that the powers that be will claim can't be made public.
I'm sure this will be a big fight and while I have little to no hope that they will be released, I would love to see what evidence brought them to the vote for indictment.
EVERYONE, IDI/RDI SHOULD want to know also.
If released it just may be a "turn the corner" moment for many
I agree Cappy. I wonder whether it doesn't contain that piece of evidence that Pete Boyles claimed would be very damaging to the Ramseys in one way or another.

Whatever, though: it keeps the story in the news.

BTW, hope all is well. Am reading here daily and will try to contribute more soon. Currently putting (UK) political world to rights. Have concluded world has gone mad.

“May you all come home”

safely Bless you all

#8 Oct 4, 2013
Heloise wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Cappy. I wonder whether it doesn't contain that piece of evidence that Pete Boyles claimed would be very damaging to the Ramseys in one way or another.
Whatever, though: it keeps the story in the news.
BTW, hope all is well. Am reading here daily and will try to contribute more soon. Currently putting (UK) political world to rights. Have concluded world has gone mad.
Hi Heloise,

LOL, I have concluded the same thing. It's gone mad on this side of the pond also. The government is closed and it's all mayhem here too so I hear ya on the madness. It's everywhere. Hope you are well also.

I am sure that if the GJ proceedings are released we will hear very damaging Ramsey stuff overall in addition to what we already know and I am also thrilled, win or lose, that there are some proceedings somewhere on behalf of this little girl.

Every bit of publicity keeps this case alive

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#9 Oct 4, 2013
It's already problematic if the Judge recused himself and had to bring somebody out of mothballs to preside. Judge Andrew Hartman would have more to lose if he wants to stay employed. Judge Robert Lowenbach likely had an extablished relationship with Alex Hunter.

I'd be looking into the backgrounds of both. This case has to be removed from Boulder for the truth to be revealed.

Boyles only implied the ‘evidence’ was never public, that doesn’t mean it was never ‘discussed’ online.
Heloise

UK

#10 Oct 4, 2013
Capricorn wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Heloise,
LOL, I have concluded the same thing. It's gone mad on this side of the pond also. The government is closed and it's all mayhem here too so I hear ya on the madness. It's everywhere. Hope you are well also.
I am sure that if the GJ proceedings are released we will hear very damaging Ramsey stuff overall in addition to what we already know and I am also thrilled, win or lose, that there are some proceedings somewhere on behalf of this little girl.
Every bit of publicity keeps this case alive
I have read a little about the close-down. It surely can't go on long? My own fury relates to a newspaper claiming that the leader of our main opposition party's father was an evil man who hated Britain because he was a Marxist scholar and that we should therefore be chilled to the bone in case Ed (his son) becomes PM. There's an anti-Semitic subtext since the father was a refugee from the Nazis. The fact that said evil Britain-hater joined Royal Navy and fought Hitler apparently doesn't count in his favour. The press sickens me some times.

Sorry for that off-topic rant but I am so upset about this.

I will come back to JonBenet soon, though, because she deserves our efforts.

Since: May 11

AOL

#11 Oct 4, 2013
moonjack wrote:
It's already problematic if the Judge recused himself and had to bring somebody out of mothballs to preside. Judge Andrew Hartman would have more to lose if he wants to stay employed. Judge Robert Lowenbach likely had an extablished relationship with Alex Hunter.
I'd be looking into the backgrounds of both. This case has to be removed from Boulder for the truth to be revealed.
Boyles only implied the ‘evidence’ was never public, that doesn’t mean it was never ‘discussed’ online.
Before Geraldo tucked tail and abruptly quit discussing this case, he made a comment about 'wait til you hear what LE found in the trash', but Monday came and he never said another word regarding JBR. I think that's what's in the indictment and what is so incriminating..whatever THAT was.

“If life gives you melons”

Since: Nov 06

You might be dyslexic

#12 Oct 4, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
Before Geraldo tucked tail and abruptly quit discussing this case, he made a comment about 'wait til you hear what LE found in the trash', but Monday came and he never said another word regarding JBR. I think that's what's in the indictment and what is so incriminating..whatever THAT was.
Wouldn't THAT be interesting!

“May you all come home”

safely Bless you all

#13 Oct 4, 2013
Legal__Eagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't THAT be interesting!
Hi there ladies,

I think IF the GJ info is really released, we will be saying THAT'S interesting for a long time to come with LOTS of things we either didn't know or have confirmed that we assumed
candy

East Lansing, MI

#14 Oct 4, 2013
Thank you very much for posting this Brother Moon! It's going to be very interesting to see what transpires during this hearing.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#15 Oct 4, 2013
Quote: "Boulder District Judge Andrew Hartman recused himself from the case."

I'm wondering if Judge Andrew Hartman isn't the son of/and or related to Barrie Hartman, former editor of the Boulder Daily Camera during the Nancy Krebs situation. Barrie has always been pro-intruder theory. Todd Hartman was a journalist at the Rocky Mountain News, and worked with Charlie covering the John Mark Karr arrest, etc.

“If life gives you melons”

Since: Nov 06

You might be dyslexic

#16 Oct 6, 2013
candy wrote:
Quote: "Boulder District Judge Andrew Hartman recused himself from the case."
I'm wondering if Judge Andrew Hartman isn't the son of/and or related to Barrie Hartman, former editor of the Boulder Daily Camera during the Nancy Krebs situation. Barrie has always been pro-intruder theory. Todd Hartman was a journalist at the Rocky Mountain News, and worked with Charlie covering the John Mark Karr arrest, etc.
You could be right Candy, it would certainly be interesting to know for sure as to the relationships and why Judge Hartman recused himself.

Krebs and Karr were two of the biggest sideshows of the case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was Doug Stines invited to go to Charlevoix? 1 hr Blue Sage 65
Calling a TRUCE with Blue Sage 2 hr okay1234 1
Who but a parent... 3 hr okay1234 148
blue sage i am straight but thank you anyway. 3 hr okay1234 1
Blue Sage or Blue Muck 3 hr okay1234 2
was burke given a sleeping tablet????think abou... 3 hr okay1234 2
breaking news! 5 hr okay1234 2
More from around the web