Burke Ramsey REFUSED to be interviewed by investigators

Posted in the JonBenet Ramsey Forum

First Prev
of 33
Next Last
candy

East Lansing, MI

#1 Sep 28, 2010
Ok, since Shiller has broken this story, I'm going to add to it, from what I have heard over the past weekend:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/09/28/ear...

Unlike what Schiller's POLITE reasoning said, that Burke just has not gotten back to investigators, I heard that Burke REFUSED to be interviewed by police, that he blew them off completely. I sat on this, and now that Schiller has broken it, I want to add what I have been told about Burke's REFUSAL TO BE INTERVIEWED, which is HUGE.

“WAX ON”

Since: Jul 10

WAX OFF

#2 Sep 28, 2010
Interesting. Thank you candy.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#3 Sep 28, 2010
Video of Schiller's interview:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/

“May you all come home”

Since: Mar 07

safely Bless you all

#4 Sep 28, 2010
Thanks Candy

I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I can't say that honestly.

I was just waiting to hear what happened. If the interview/questioning was OPTIONAL, of course he'd say no, like his parents.

I can't wait to hear the spin put on this one

Please keep us posted Candy and thanks again
candy

East Lansing, MI

#5 Sep 28, 2010
I believe since Team Scamsey was busted on the question, that they said "it hadn't been SCHEDULED" yet, instead of that Burke refused to be interviewed when they came to his residence.

Oh, by the way Team Scamsey, why do you need to "schedule" an interview when this kid NEVER WORKED during the school year, is graduated, WHEN YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE? Why didn't Burke show the officers in the door and START BEING INTERVIEWED THEN?

“May you all come home”

safely Bless you all

#6 Sep 28, 2010
candy wrote:
I believe since Team Scamsey was busted on the question, that they said "it hadn't been SCHEDULED" yet, instead of that Burke refused to be interviewed when they came to his residence.
Oh, by the way Team Scamsey, why do you need to "schedule" an interview when this kid NEVER WORKED during the school year, is graduated, WHEN YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE? Why didn't Burke show the officers in the door and START BEING INTERVIEWED THEN?
He probably needed to get a "team" of lawyers ready and of course, needed to "practice" the answers to the questions

He's following in his parents' footsteps.

Yeah, he really loved his little sister. Of course, Biz intially came on to say that he loved her soooooooo much, HE asked for the interview.

Old South

AOL

#7 Sep 28, 2010
candy wrote:
It's pretty obvious, Candy. He needs first to call Dad and get an attorney by his side.
biz

Palm Harbor, FL

#8 Sep 28, 2010
Old South wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty obvious, Candy. He needs first to call Dad and get an attorney by his side.
And I hope my 20 year old child would be smart enough to do the same if this happened to her. I know she would!

“May you all come home”

safely Bless you all

#9 Sep 28, 2010
biz wrote:
<quoted text>
And I hope my 20 year old child would be smart enough to do the same if this happened to her. I know she would!
Why? If this is a DNA case, why would he need a lawyer at all?

“May you all come home”

safely Bless you all

#10 Sep 28, 2010
biz wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that we know it wasn't Burke who asked for the meeting/interview, whatever, what are YOUR thoughts as to why they want to meet with him?

His DNA doesn't match

I'm very curious as to what the IDI who have full faith that DNA will crack this case think about the authorities wanting to question Burke, especially now that they are glad and hope he has an attorney.

Whatever could they want from him?
candy

East Lansing, MI

#11 Sep 28, 2010
How long does it take to get a lawyer "by your side?" No time at all, IF YOU'RE GOING TO PAY THEM, which Burke's last lawyer had to SUE THEM to get paid.

Like I said, I believe The Scams HAD NO INTENTION of "scheduling" the interview, until they were busted with the whole question by Schiller, and then had to come up with a CYA answer.
biz

Palm Harbor, FL

#12 Sep 28, 2010
Capricorn wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? If this is a DNA case, why would he need a lawyer at all?
I would NEVER let my child be interviewed (more like interrogated) by LE without a lawyer. NEVER!

“May you all come home”

safely Bless you all

#13 Sep 28, 2010
biz wrote:
<quoted text>
I would NEVER let my child be interviewed (more like interrogated) by LE without a lawyer. NEVER!
So then Biz, we should expect to see an interview shortly right? How long does it take to hire an attorney? An hour? A day? It's not like they don't know how to go about doing this. I'm sure Burke is anxious to help in any way possible so we should expect an interview very shortly. Why wouldn't we?

Your thoughts regarding the purpose of the interview given that this is a DNA case by your standards?

Why do you think he would be "interrogated" if they have DNA that doesn't match his?

tootlems

United States

#14 Sep 28, 2010
candy wrote:
How long does it take to get a lawyer "by your side?" No time at all, IF YOU'RE GOING TO PAY THEM, which Burke's last lawyer had to SUE THEM to get paid.
Like I said, I believe The Scams HAD NO INTENTION of "scheduling" the interview, until they were busted with the whole question by Schiller, and then had to come up with a CYA answer.
YOU and KK make READING your POST tough with all the CAPS.

You both have a TENDENCY to go BERSERK when things DON'T go your WAY!:)

What's up with that?
biz

Palm Harbor, FL

#15 Sep 28, 2010
Capricorn wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that we know it wasn't Burke who asked for the meeting/interview, whatever, what are YOUR thoughts as to why they want to meet with him?
His DNA doesn't match
I'm very curious as to what the IDI who have full faith that DNA will crack this case think about the authorities wanting to question Burke, especially now that they are glad and hope he has an attorney.
Whatever could they want from him?
Personally? I think this info was purposely leaked to see if they will get a rise out of John Ramsey. Burke did the smart thing. I do not believe he has any information that will shed light on the investigation.
biz

Palm Harbor, FL

#16 Sep 28, 2010
Capricorn wrote:
<quoted text>
So then Biz, we should expect to see an interview shortly right? How long does it take to hire an attorney? An hour? A day? It's not like they don't know how to go about doing this. I'm sure Burke is anxious to help in any way possible so we should expect an interview very shortly. Why wouldn't we?
Your thoughts regarding the purpose of the interview given that this is a DNA case by your standards?
Why do you think he would be "interrogated" if they have DNA that doesn't match his?
I have no idea if he will be interviewed and I have no idea when or if it will happen. Burke has been fully interviewed by the grand jury. What more could he possibly have to offer especially as so much time and memory is likely to escape him? Would he contribute if had any information? I feel confident he would.
Have you seen the way detectives interrogate kids? That can have them believing they are jack the ripper before they leave an interogation room! I have seen it happen so many times. It's what they do. Not just Boulder but all of them.
A word to the wise of all parents. Never let your child be "interviewed" by LE without legal counsel present. Guilty or Innocent. And it usually turns into more of an interrogation, not an interview.
biz

Palm Harbor, FL

#17 Sep 28, 2010
Capricorn wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, Biz intially came on to say that he loved her soooooooo much, HE asked for the interview.
What? I remember saying that he dearly loved both his mother and his sister and I have heard this from people who know him. I do not recall ever saying that he asked for the interview. I don't know where you are getting that.

“May you all come home”

safely Bless you all

#18 Sep 28, 2010
biz wrote:
<quoted text>
What? I remember saying that he dearly loved both his mother and his sister and I have heard this from people who know him. I do not recall ever saying that he asked for the interview. I don't know where you are getting that.
Sorry Biz, this is what you said:

"Shows the family has nothing to hide and they only want to help solve the murder. I am glad that Burke decided to talk to them. Maybe they can get their head on straight"

After that you said that "they went to him" and I misunderstood that to mean that the Ramseys went to them, so I apologize for the mistake.

However, it seems that Burke has NOT decided to talk to them and quite possibly the family does have something to hide

I agree that he should have a lawyer and I personally would like that so that nobody can say he was questioned illegally or otherwise.

You also said that they might just want to "get a rise" out of JR. For what purpose? What kind of rise? I really don't understand what you are implying.

Last but not least, why would they need a rise or anything from the Ramseys if you believe this to be a DNA case?

“May you all come home”

safely Bless you all

#19 Sep 28, 2010
By the way Biz, you keep referring to him as a "child" and he is a full grown adult now; no longer nine years old
Old South

AOL

#20 Sep 28, 2010
biz wrote:
<quoted text>
Biz, after giving your statement much, much DEEP thought, I believe I WOULD let him be interviewed. I say this because I would have confidence in my child's integrity and truthfulness as well as belief in his complete innocence.

Also, I would think that by his free cooperation with LE, he would demonstrate his willingness and desire to cooperate, despite what everyone has said of him.

I would stress that he insist the interview be videotaped and most important of all, just to guard against what IDI's claim would happen -- that he would be coerced in some way -- I would impress upon him that he would have the right to END the interview at any time.

Mainly, I think it all boils down to what I said at first, and that is, "confidence in my child's integrity and truthfulness as well as belief in his complete innocence."

However, if I knew differently.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 33
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fleet and Priscilla White on Peter Boyles show ... 1 hr Legal__Eagle 25
JonBenet Ramsey, DNA and the Phantom of Heilbronn 11 hr Bakatari 6
The Forgotten Suspect 11 hr Legal__Eagle 227
"Note-Free Case Discussion" 12 hr Legal__Eagle 99
JonBenet Investigation (Nov '11) 13 hr Justice1313 1,629
ICU2 's Child Trafficking 16 hr Capricorn 14
It always leads back to Burke (Oct '11) 16 hr Capricorn 107
More from around the web