Abc's the View to Celebrate Barbara W...

Abc's the View to Celebrate Barbara Walter's Illustrious Career

There are 8 comments on the BroadwayWorld.com story from Mar 21, 2014, titled Abc's the View to Celebrate Barbara Walter's Illustrious Career. In it, BroadwayWorld.com reports that:

"The View" has been celebrating Barbara Walters' unparalleled career all season with "The Year of Barbara," a look back at many of her most notable interviews, originally featured on ABC 's "20/20."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BroadwayWorld.com.

candy

East Lansing, MI

#1 Mar 22, 2014
Good riddance to Barbara Walters finally. Her record in the Ramsey case is terrible. Her "interview" with the Ramseys on March 17, 2000 was so ass kissing and one sided that Governor Bill Owens demanded equal time (and ABC put him on "Good Morning America" as eqaul time.) After that, she kissed John Ramsey's ass in notably worthless interviews with him. She should have retired decades ago.
Steve Eller

Bronx, NY

#2 Mar 22, 2014
Total shrew treading water for the Ramseys.
Just Wondering

Sophia, WV

#3 Mar 23, 2014
I just wish Barbara would take the rest of The View's crew with her when she retires.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#4 Mar 23, 2014
I've saved this article all these years:

www.suntimes.com

Governor rips Walters on Ramsey interview

Chicago Sun-Times, Mar 21, 2000 by DAVID BAUDER

NEW YORK Colorado Gov. Bill Owens accused Barbara Walters Monday of going easy on the parents of JonBenet Ramsey during an interview last week.

Walters, who spoke to Owens on the ABC-TV show "Good Morning America," said she resented the implication that she wasn't tough enough.

Walters' interview with John and Patsy Ramsey was shown on ABC's "20/20." The Ramseys suggested in a book about their daughter's killing that a male intruder killed her in their Boulder, Colo., home.

Owens said the Ramseys should cooperate more with investigators and quit hiding behind "easy journalism."

"In your interview you had a chance to really follow up," Owens said to Walters. "You had a chance to give America some new information on this case. And yes, they came to you with no preconditions.

"But, you know, they didn't go to Peter Jennings, they didn't go to Tom Brokaw," he said. "They went to you. And I think we should have expected more from that interview."

Walters responded: "I have to say, governor, I rather resent your implication that if they had gone to Peter Jennings or Tom Brokaw, they would have had a tougher interview. I think the interview was relatively tough."

Owens said the Ramseys should have been forced to talk about whether they have cooperated with the murder investigation and their delay in agreeing to a formal police interrogation.

"They, in fact, misled the American television audience on a number of occasions on Friday night with no followup by Miss Walters," he said.
shavonda milton

Houston, TX

#6 Mar 27, 2014
I'm gonna miss Barbara! I'm watching now and Mario can tone is coho sting, I had to change the channel because he never shuts up! Hello this is the view not the Mario show. I just home that queen doesn't replace Barbara!
candy

East Lansing, MI

#7 Mar 27, 2014
Babs has been chasing fame ho Kim KarTRASHian for a last interview. She also approved of the Vogue cover with the village ho and the village idiot, that has caused boycotts and parodies galore. The fact that Kim became famous by peddling a sex tape of herself being urinated on, and she sells her Krap at Sears is over Babs head. She also said what a good parent Woody Allen was/is when his kid came forward again with sex abuse charges. She can't leave fast enough for me.
Passion

Marrakech, Morocco

#8 Aug 11, 2014
love the kartrashian hhhhhhhh
tomhalorwell

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Nov 21, 2014
candy wrote:
Babs has been chasing fame ho Kim KarTRASHian for a last interview. She also approved of the Vogue cover with the village ho and the village idiot, that has caused boycotts and parodies galore. The fact that Kim became famous by peddling a sex tape of herself being urinated on, and she sells her Krap at Sears is over Babs head. She also said what a good parent Woody Allen was/is when his kid came forward again with sex abuse charges. She can't leave fast enough for me.
aye,'babs' has only ever been in it to win it: for BABS...she's not a 2 face, she's a ten face...hell, Sybil couldn't hit switches as fast as BW can....and she screwed the pooch on the view, proving back when that frigid little cnt 'elizabeth' was driving the show down like a freighter anchor with her whiny, mousey mewlings...SOOOOOOOOO out of touch with us Millenials...so what does she do? she lets the funnier, more popular o'donnell leave.....then while they scramble and figure another funny lady would help, enter Whoopass stage left, she FINALLY saw elizac*nt for the puritanical, out of touch moron that she was.....soooooo, bye liza doolittle....JUST as Whoops brings them back from the ledge, BW makes ANOTHER senile decision to drag on that other no-name idiot wench and as Whoopi begins thinkin about following Rosie's lead, Babs decides to announce her departure ( that was LONG before it was made public), so Whoops figures ok, she'll get room to breathe again, they'll fire the squib with glasses before risking losing her name and she's right....BUT, Babs goes for a few last parting farts by getting Rosie back....big mistake, the table's too tilted now and Rosie's not anywhere NEAR the liberal she pretends to be ( even rug munching lezbos can be conservatives, just look at bill o'reilly FOX diesel dyke )....not only that, Blake blew her trumpet like she was Jesus Christ for years and what she do to him? lied, stuck him in the gut, and tossed him into the murderers episode but put Kardashian (babs fellow media whore ) in interesting people or sumpin' like that?
....so yeah, Babs.....meh, poor thing wanted to be a singer/actor back in the stone ages but that accent and lisp got as good as they were WITH coaching, k?...so, she picked the next best thing in radio and tv...jocking...if she were Kim's age? she'd BE Kim, truss that LOL....two chicks leaning n all favors, no talent...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It always leads back to Burke (Oct '11) 2 min jeena 1,040
Dna molecular photo-fitting 1 hr Jolamom 8
Burke Ramsey REFUSED to be interviewed by inves... (Sep '10) 1 hr Jolamom 677
S.B.T.C: Weird coincidence? (Mar '10) 2 hr scrupples 210
Cbs doc very bias 3 hr Nic 143
The Ramsey's Were Framed Up And the Police Fell... 3 hr Nic 62
Woody Files Suit 4 hr moonjack 28
The Enhanced Ending of the 911 Phone Call 4 hr Steve Eller 51
Burke in the Dr. Phil interview 7 hr Spraguestephens 126
News CBS' "The Case Of: JonBenet Ramsey" Premieres O... 18 hr Nic 829