Burke's whereabouts the morning of th...

Burke's whereabouts the morning of the murder

Posted in the JonBenet Ramsey Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Taylur

Jefferson City, MO

#1 Dec 24, 2013
I'm about to be stuck on a lovely car ride, and I was rereading Thomas's book and he made a very valid question that I wondered if anyone had figured out. Why would the parents have let Burke leave the police protected home the morning of the murder to be with friends while JB was suspected of being kidnapped by terrorists at that time? I remember JR saying that the police had told them to leave, but that was after they found her. Burke left long before the discovery. Does anyone have any insight? IDI or RDI it doesn't matter, I just wanted to find answer or see if anyone had anymore information. Merry Christmas!
Rupert

Palm Desert, CA

#2 Dec 24, 2013
If RDI they wanted to get him out of the mess.
If IDI, they wanted to just concentrate on getting JonBenet back alive.
They trusted their friends the Whites to look after him for awhile.
Ask yourself why would they let him go with someone else and talk to the Whites, BPD, or anyone else if he knew what was going on. The only conclusion I can gather is that he did not know what was going on. Thus the whole enhanced tape was a lie by Steve Thomas.
Rupe

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#4 Dec 25, 2013
To distance him from the crime and to make him technically unavailable for police interviews.

The Ramseys had a problem on their hands and didn't need a 9 year old with serious emotional problems at their feet.

“May you all come home”

Since: Mar 07

safely Bless you all

#6 Dec 26, 2013
Taylur wrote:
I'm about to be stuck on a lovely car ride, and I was rereading Thomas's book and he made a very valid question that I wondered if anyone had figured out. Why would the parents have let Burke leave the police protected home the morning of the murder to be with friends while JB was suspected of being kidnapped by terrorists at that time? I remember JR saying that the police had told them to leave, but that was after they found her. Burke left long before the discovery. Does anyone have any insight? IDI or RDI it doesn't matter, I just wanted to find answer or see if anyone had anymore information. Merry Christmas!
In my opinion based on my scenario, the lesser of the two evils would be to let Burke leave the house. I think they believed the body would have been found while Burke was still in his room, much earlier but after their guests had arrived

I truly believe that they didn't want Burke to see the body or be there when it was found at that point. Once it wasn't found according to plan, they wanted him out of the house. They had to take the chance and IMO, he wasn't fully aware of what had happened after he was sent to bed anyway
passion

Youssoufia, Morocco

#7 Dec 26, 2013
you hit the nail in the head cappy agreed.
Taylur

Jefferson City, MO

#9 Dec 27, 2013
Capricorn wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion based on my scenario, the lesser of the two evils would be to let Burke leave the house. I think they believed the body would have been found while Burke was still in his room, much earlier but after their guests had arrived
I truly believe that they didn't want Burke to see the body or be there when it was found at that point. Once it wasn't found according to plan, they wanted him out of the house. They had to take the chance and IMO, he wasn't fully aware of what had happened after he was sent to bed anyway
Agreed!
othello

Kolkata, India

#10 Dec 29, 2013
Taylur wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed!
Because Burke Ramsey killed his sister and the parent(s) thought the less he spoke to the police the better. They would eventually teach him what to say to the cops.

“If life gives you melons”

Since: Nov 06

You might be dyslexic

#11 Dec 29, 2013
othello, are you having trouble remembering your 'hat name'? It is "poirot."
Delta88

United States

#12 Dec 29, 2013
Taylur wrote:
Why not let BR leave? He's in no danger. The kidnappers are obviously gone and if they'd wanted BR they'd have taken him too.(You know, pretending to believe the RN up to the point where the body is "found")

BR talked to the police while he was at the friend's house, something JR and PR would have had to anticipate, not to mention BR talking to the friends themselves. Obviously then neither parent was at all worried about what BR might say.
othello

Kolkata, India

#14 Dec 29, 2013
Legal__Eagle wrote:
Yeah an. I accidentally deleted the name and P on my keypad is not working eversince. Nokia Lumia 520 sucks, for the eecord. Never buy it. From now on i'm Othello :D
othello

Kolkata, India

#15 Dec 29, 2013
Legal__Eagle wrote:
And please, no reason to make fun of me. I'm atleast trying to think of different scenarios and different possible conclusions! Other people are just stuck with the 'daddy killed her' idea. There are so many other possibilities that i can so clearly see! I spend all my time thinking and researching about the case. I cant concentrate in school. i'm working hard too!

“May you all come home”

Since: Mar 07

safely Bless you all

#16 Dec 30, 2013
othello wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah an. I accidentally deleted the name and P on my keypad is not working eversince. Nokia Lumia 520 sucks, for the eecord. Never buy it. From now on i'm Othello :D
Oh now it can't be all that bad. In ALL your other MYRIAD of posts and the new unnecessary thread, the P on your keyboard seems to be working just fine

You might be dyslexic

#17 Dec 30, 2013
Capricorn wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh now it can't be all that bad. In ALL your other MYRIAD of posts and the new unnecessary thread, the P on your keyboard seems to be working just fine
Interesting the "P" worked in the post where she told us it didn't work. LMAO!
Taylur

Jefferson City, MO

#20 Dec 31, 2013
Delta88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not let BR leave? He's in no danger. The kidnappers are obviously gone and if they'd wanted BR they'd have taken him too.(You know, pretending to believe the RN up to the point where the body is "found")
BR talked to the police while he was at the friend's house, something JR and PR would have had to anticipate, not to mention BR talking to the friends themselves. Obviously then neither parent was at all worried about what BR might say.
Actually, police tried to question BR that morning and John stepped in and said no. You say he's in no danger, but if one of my children were kidnapped by suspected terrorists I wouldn't allow them to go to an unprotected location, let alone away from me. Maybe it's just a parent thing, but I wouldn't allow it and I can't imagine any other parent allowing that either.
Just Wondering

Sophia, WV

#21 Jan 1, 2014
I think it a very valid point to ponder. What would YOU as a parent do if you took the ransom note seriously that claimed your daughter had just been kidnapped by a foreign faction?

Would you send your son--your only other child--out of the home away from your protective care? It seems so simple if we just use the commonsense we were born with. Most parents would not let their son out of their sight.

But then, we had Mr. Ramsey in one room, Mrs. Ramsey in another room, and their son--whom they did not feel the need to awaken to question about his sister--in his room asleep all morning. So, apparently, this was not your normal family.

Would there not have been a conversation among the three family members about when they saw Jonbenet last; who heard what during the night; was anything overturned or out of place--like the pineapple on the kitchen table. Too many things that point toward awkwardness in their behavior during that morning. If they were innocent, they certainly didn't lead one to believe it.

I think Burke was sent off with any incriminating evidence in tow i.e. masking tape, cord. In my opinion, the parents were protecting him; but not from the trauma of the event.
Just Wondering

Sophia, WV

#22 Jan 1, 2014
And, I seem to remember that Mr. Ramsey did indeed inhibit the police from questioning Burke before he left the home.

Wouldn't you think that Mr. Ramsey would have been just as eager as the BPD to learn what Burke might have heard or seen during that night? At what point would a parent be more concerned with keeping his son from being traumatized than he would be with the safe return of his kidnapped daughter?
Taylur

Jefferson City, MO

#23 Jan 1, 2014
Just Wondering wrote:
And, I seem to remember that Mr. Ramsey did indeed inhibit the police from questioning Burke before he left the home.
Wouldn't you think that Mr. Ramsey would have been just as eager as the BPD to learn what Burke might have heard or seen during that night? At what point would a parent be more concerned with keeping his son from being traumatized than he would be with the safe return of his kidnapped daughter?

I couldn't agree more with your above posts! I think this point is commonly overlooked by a lot of people.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#27 Jan 2, 2014
Let's not forget Burke took his Nintendo with him. It had to be unhooked and packaged up. Was it in a backpack? Did he take anything else? Why was even he thinking of fun and games when within the hour he learned Jonbenet had been kidnapped and there was so much upheaval in the home. It's as though he'd been thinking for hours.

And most of all let's not forget it appears at some time before Burke left he made a 'deposit' in his sister's bedroom.

The killer left his calling card. He wanted help. His parents failed him.
icedtea4me

Saint Louis, MO

#29 Jan 4, 2014
moonjack wrote:
Let's not forget Burke took his Nintendo with him. It had to be unhooked and packaged up. Was it in a backpack? Did he take anything else? Why was even he thinking of fun and games when within the hour he learned Jonbenet had been kidnapped and there was so much upheaval in the home. It's as though he'd been thinking for hours.
And most of all let's not forget it appears at some time before Burke left he made a 'deposit' in his sister's bedroom.
The killer left his calling card. He wanted help. His parents failed him.
So, given the choice of thinking that Burke either left skid marks in his pajamas or entire stools, you prefer to go with stools.

You might be dyslexic

#30 Jan 4, 2014
icedtea4me wrote:
<quoted text>
So, given the choice of thinking that Burke either left skid marks in his pajamas or entire stools, you prefer to go with stools.
Have you read Kolar's book? It is on page 370. He refers to it as "contained fecal material" not skid marks, and also refers to the candy box 'smeared' with feces.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jameson re simons (Jan '08) 1 hr stoned luck aka ... 49
In Touch Weekly on the JonBenet Ramsey case 2 hr stoned luck aka ... 102
20th anniversary: JonBenet Ramsey case 13 hr stoned luck aka ... 29
InTouch and Enquirer this week 16 hr CowboysRule 11
News Suspect once investigated in JonBenet Ramsey mu... 16 hr CowboysRule 1
News Clooney's restraining order 16 hr Here is what I 21
News Twenty Times the JonBenet Ramsey Murder Has Bee... 18 hr stoned luck aka ... 8
More from around the web