The Globe: Why Patsy was the prime s...

The Globe: Why Patsy was the prime suspect

Posted in the JonBenet Ramsey Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
candy

East Lansing, MI

#1 Dec 20, 2007
This article is pure crap. It's their yearly exploitation of this child. Don't buy it.

The Globe, 12/31/07: The Shocking Reason JonBenet's Mom was Suspect No. 1:

Synopsis:

Eleven years after child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey was brutally murdered in her own home, experts are making the shocking charge that investigators blew the case because they paid more attention to the theories of FBI profilers than the actual evidence!

That's the bombshell reason lawmen pointed the finger of suspicion at Patsy Ramsey...says former Boulder, Colo. district attorney Alex Hunter...

...And famed efense attorney Larry Posner (friend of Haddon, my addition) tells Globe Patsy was unfairly targeted by cops, who failed to keep their minds open while making critical mistakes...

But some observers insist that there were valid reasons to suspect Patsy, who died of ovarian cancer in 2006...CSI evidence may have included fibers from Patsy's fleece jacket that were found in the murder scene...

Bob Burns

GAG!
Ashley

Avondale, AZ

#2 Dec 20, 2007
"Unfairly Targeted"

That sums it up rather nicely!
candy

East Lansing, MI

#3 Dec 20, 2007
There's more in it Ashley, like Hunter rehashing old names like Santa, Oliva, Helgoth, none of whose DNA matches the unsourced DNA in the panties. I'd love to know who Alex gave this interview to. I'm sure it wasn't The Globe. Alex has been out of office eight years, and it shows.
Nelly

AOL

#4 Dec 20, 2007
candy wrote:
This article is pure crap. It's their yearly exploitation of this child. Don't buy it.
The Globe, 12/31/07: The Shocking Reason JonBenet's Mom was Suspect No. 1:
Synopsis:
Eleven years after child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey was brutally murdered in her own home, experts are making the shocking charge that investigators blew the case because they paid more attention to the theories of FBI profilers than the actual evidence!
That's the bombshell reason lawmen pointed the finger of suspicion at Patsy Ramsey...says former Boulder, Colo. district attorney Alex Hunter...
...And famed efense attorney Larry Posner (friend of Haddon, my addition) tells Globe Patsy was unfairly targeted by cops, who failed to keep their minds open while making critical mistakes...
But some observers insist that there were valid reasons to suspect Patsy, who died of ovarian cancer in 2006...CSI evidence may have included fibers from Patsy's fleece jacket that were found in the murder scene...
Bob Burns
GAG!
yeah, FBI profilers like John Douglas who had a half an hour di$cu$$ion with JR and deemed him innocent, if not the world's best liar.
The original police on the scene thought JR was good for it, until the machine was set in motion and Patsy 'answered the door while JR lurked in the shadows', so to speak;)
Thanks Candy!
RiverRat

North Fort Myers, FL

#5 Dec 20, 2007
candy wrote:
This article is pure crap. It's their yearly exploitation of this child. Don't buy it.
The Globe, 12/31/07: The Shocking Reason JonBenet's Mom was Suspect No. 1:
Synopsis:
Eleven years after child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey was brutally murdered in her own home, experts are making the shocking charge that investigators blew the case because they paid more attention to the theories of FBI profilers than the actual evidence!
That's the bombshell reason lawmen pointed the finger of suspicion at Patsy Ramsey...says former Boulder, Colo. district attorney Alex Hunter...
...And famed efense attorney Larry Posner (friend of Haddon, my addition) tells Globe Patsy was unfairly targeted by cops, who failed to keep their minds open while making critical mistakes...
But some observers insist that there were valid reasons to suspect Patsy, who died of ovarian cancer in 2006...CSI evidence may have included fibers from Patsy's fleece jacket that were found in the murder scene...
Bob Burns
GAG!
Excuse me, Miss First In Line to Buy a magazine that you rip to shreds as one of your lifetime rituals. I will buy ten copies now and swipe your synopsis while I am here and take to back to the Guttah where all my friends and I will help put a little extra money in The Globe's pocket. Just for you.

This is NOT a typical article, so I am clueless as to why Candy is telling us not to buy it -(but maybe her and Darnay have next week's National Examiner story covered again)- Hunter usually shies away from the press. Is it not fitting that he returned to the scene of his crime?! LOL - someone - quick! Get Shapiro's reaction to this one!

Silly me - but I am also going to have to disagree with this idiot again and forever as I don't care if 800 years have passed - Hunter Knows All. I hope that he lays awake every night reliving all he knows and I pray that he knows Candy.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#6 Dec 21, 2007
The gutter can do nothing else but steal. They are stupid and pathetic, per usual for the 10 years they have disgraced this case.

They mention Alex Hunter gave this interview on TV, I'd love to know when, where and to whom, and see it in it's full context.

“If life gives you melons”

Since: Nov 06

You might be dyslexic

#7 Dec 21, 2007
candy wrote:
They are stupid and pathetic, per usual for the 10 years they have disgraced this case.
No more so than you. Why do you care so much?
RiverRat

North Fort Myers, FL

#8 Dec 21, 2007
I don't know about a television interview - but Alex did give the video interview to the newspaper last year.

I stole your post. ME. Give me all the credit, the guttah had No Clue that I was going to do this! But Candy - you knew that if you left it laying out, I was going to swipe it - so instead of trusting in me like I did you......I'd suggest that you quit posting so that I can get my kleptomania under control. After all that you have done to me - I owe you for life - so please stop it with the surprised act.

Bite Me.
RR
deb

AOL

#9 Dec 23, 2007
I know you all know more than A. Hunter, and I know you all know more than Douglas - you have studied profiling, and have solved many murders, interviewed 1,000s of murderers. You all have how many degrees among you?

We should listen to you guys!
Right on The Money

New York, NY

#10 Dec 23, 2007
deb wrote:
I know you all know more than A. Hunter, and I know you all know more than Douglas - you have studied profiling, and have solved many murders, interviewed 1,000s of murderers. You all have how many degrees among you?
We should listen to you guys!
Deb,

People have been telling you your whole life to listen. What makes you think we think you will start now.

But some reading might help.

Why don't you invest in a few books for Christmas. Can't hurt.
deb

AOL

#11 Dec 23, 2007
Wrong again, RDImwit!! Are you so blind to see that it is you and Nelly that are always twisting the facts and either lying or unaware of the facts in this case?
Right on The Money

New York, NY

#12 Dec 23, 2007
deb wrote:
Wrong again, RDImwit!! Are you so blind to see that it is you and Nelly that are always twisting the facts and either lying or unaware of the facts in this case?
I have yet to see you post one fact yet Deb. Still waiting.
drew

Hemel Hempstead, UK

#13 Feb 4, 2008
I think people wanted PR to be guilty because the way her daughter presented herself in the pageants. She looked (to some) a painted seductress. That's why people pointed the finger and also because PR was wearing the same clothes. The media spread the info and people pointed the finger at PR because they couldn't find anyone else to point it at. Because the whole crime scene was botched up and couldn't begin to resolve itself. Too many camps, too many cooks spoiling the broth. The BPD vs ST vs LS vs DA vs Lacey vs IDI vs RDI vs Borg - NOBODY WORKS TOGETHER!
Nuisance

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#14 Feb 5, 2008
People were right to be shocked by the way JonBenet was dressed in those pageants. Even other mothers in the pageants were shocked by how JonBenet was dressed (Vegas showgirl costume.) Guess who dressed JonBenet up like that?

It wasn't JonBenet dreaming up all those shockingly age-inappropriate outfits, it was Patsy...the same person who dressed her daughter as a "sexy witch" for Halloween when the child had just turned four years old. Shocking, and shockingly inappropriate.

"Sexy witch" are Patsy's exact words - maybe if people thought that JonBenet looked like a "painted seductress" in those pageants it's because that's the image Patsy wanted her to project.

Something was very wrong in that household, and in the relationship between Patsy and her daughter JonBenet. That (and all of the forensic evidence placing Patsy in the murder scene) is why Patsy was the prime suspect.
Right on the Money

New York, NY

#15 Feb 5, 2008
Nuisance wrote:
People were right to be shocked by the way JonBenet was dressed in those pageants. Even other mothers in the pageants were shocked by how JonBenet was dressed (Vegas showgirl costume.) Guess who dressed JonBenet up like that?
It wasn't JonBenet dreaming up all those shockingly age-inappropriate outfits, it was Patsy...the same person who dressed her daughter as a "sexy witch" for Halloween when the child had just turned four years old. Shocking, and shockingly inappropriate.
"Sexy witch" are Patsy's exact words - maybe if people thought that JonBenet looked like a "painted seductress" in those pageants it's because that's the image Patsy wanted her to project.
Something was very wrong in that household, and in the relationship between Patsy and her daughter JonBenet. That (and all of the forensic evidence placing Patsy in the murder scene) is why Patsy was the prime suspect.
I think she was 3 1/2 when she started and it got progressively sexier and the hair got progressively blonder. She was dying JB's 'baby" hair at 5 years old. Please I could go on and on how detrimental these pageants are to any child. Did you ever see the mothers on the shows Living Dolls. They all weigh 500 pounds and are living through their very "abused" children. The kids do not want to do it. There is one where the mother has to practically plead and the child is very beautiful but she wants to play. Another scene the mother is downright nasty to a child of about 4 because she wants to set her hair and the child does not want it.

It is abuse pure and simple.
Right on the Money

New York, NY

#16 Feb 5, 2008
That was "dyeing". We need an edit button.
Capricorn

New York, NY

#17 Feb 5, 2008
Right on the Money wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she was 3 1/2 when she started and it got progressively sexier and the hair got progressively blonder. She was dying JB's 'baby" hair at 5 years old. Please I could go on and on how detrimental these pageants are to any child. Did you ever see the mothers on the shows Living Dolls. They all weigh 500 pounds and are living through their very "abused" children. The kids do not want to do it. There is one where the mother has to practically plead and the child is very beautiful but she wants to play. Another scene the mother is downright nasty to a child of about 4 because she wants to set her hair and the child does not want it.
It is abuse pure and simple.
I am hoping that eventually that it will become illegal to enter any child under "teenage" that wears makeup or has their hair dyed. I think the whole thing should be re-visited regarding the dress code for less than teenage girls.

If I were KING :), I'd outlaw it altogether!
Dee

Woodbury, NJ

#18 Feb 5, 2008
drew wrote:
I think people wanted PR to be guilty because the way her daughter presented herself in the pageants. She looked (to some) a painted seductress. That's why people pointed the finger and also because PR was wearing the same clothes. The media spread the info and people pointed the finger at PR because they couldn't find anyone else to point it at. Because the whole crime scene was botched up and couldn't begin to resolve itself. Too many camps, too many cooks spoiling the broth. The BPD vs ST vs LS vs DA vs Lacey vs IDI vs RDI vs Borg - NOBODY WORKS TOGETHER!
Drew this is messed up on sooooo many levels.

You lay the responsibilty for the way Jonbenet was presented at Jonbenet's feet and not Patseys??
That is one of the lamest attempts at Patsey defense I have ever heard.

She looked (to everyone) a painted seductress, those who see different are allowing themselves to be lied to by Patsey who pretended it was a weekend hobby or they are sickos and should be kept away from children.

The media reported everything, the evidence pointed to Patsey - boo hoo.

The crime was botched from the beginning - by the Ramseys. They then used the LE mistakes, which a great many were orchestrated by JR after the 911 call, to cover their deliberate destruction of the scene and the investigation as well asplant the see of "bad blood" btwn the BPD and the poor poor Ramseys.
Nuisance

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#19 Feb 5, 2008
And people try to say it was JonBenet's decision to do those inane pageants...please. Any adult who allows a child that young to make decisions that will affect the entire family like that (those pageants are expensive...plus fees to participate there's travel, accommodations, costumes, hair, make up, lessons, etc) needs to have their priorities checked.

And how wealthy the family is has no bearing on whether it's a good idea to indulge a child wants like that.

But I don't believe it was JonBenet's idea to be in those pageants at all, other than she was smart enough to realize that not only participating in pageants but winning them was the surest way to gain love, attention, affection, and validation from her matriarchal family members.

Pathetic and disgusting - and there's no one to blame but Patsy. She objectified the daughter she claimed to love so much. Wait, that's not true...you can also blame John Ramsey, for not caring enough to step in and do something about it. How the hell did he not notice or care that Patsy was bleaching JonBenet's hair for those idiotic pageants?
drew

Burton Upon Trent, UK

#20 Feb 5, 2008
Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
Drew this is messed up on sooooo many levels.
You lay the responsibilty for the way Jonbenet was presented at Jonbenet's feet and not Patseys??
That is one of the lamest attempts at Patsey defense I have ever heard.
She looked (to everyone) a painted seductress, those who see different are allowing themselves to be lied to by Patsey who pretended it was a weekend hobby or they are sickos and should be kept away from children.
The media reported everything, the evidence pointed to Patsey - boo hoo.
The crime was botched from the beginning - by the Ramseys. They then used the LE mistakes, which a great many were orchestrated by JR after the 911 call, to cover their deliberate destruction of the scene and the investigation as well asplant the see of "bad blood" btwn the BPD and the poor poor Ramseys.
Yes I messed up the way I explained it. It WAS Patsy's fault but sometimes people DON'T think. Some mothers don't realize how far they are pushing their daughters - all they want is for them to win. That's what I mean't. She looked (you say everyone - I say some - because I was giving the benefit of the doubt and I cannot speak for everyone) like a painted seductress. Yes she did - to some - I don't know. I cannot speak for them. There are hundreds of the same type of mother all over the world - pushing their daughters to enter these contests - to win! I think that they don't THINK of the consequences. My point was people blamed PR because of the way she let JBR go to the pageants looking painted and sexy! I think you know what I mean!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boulder DA forming cold case unit to review uns... 16 min Blue Bottle 4
Asperger's (Sep '16) 46 min Blue Bottle 15
Investigating the Ramsey Family Therapist (Oct '12) 5 hr Logic101 222
IT is now ... 15 hr Blue Bottle 14
Ramsey VS Spitz lawsuit (radio show) 15 hr Anonymous 61
We're Not Involved - Read My Lips 15 hr Anonymous 5
CBS News Article (Nov '12) 15 hr Anonymous 61