John & Burke in Hawaii, Christmas, 09
Capricorn

New York, NY

#170 Feb 11, 2010
Shellie wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend knew them only "in passing" years ago. She didN'T know them well(my friend had a summer home there - doesN'T anymore). She just said they seemed nice & did NOT appear to be disliked by any of the locals. Just passing along to posters that BEFORE all the notoriety, the Rs appeared as NORMAL FOLKS. Your skepticism is understood.
Lots of murderers appear as 'normal folks'. 99% of the time, when watching the news of someone really horrible being arrested, and they interview the neighbors and friends, you will hear ONLY nice things about them i.e. "they seemed nice", "he used to shovel my driveway for me", "he was always playing with the kids", "she was always taking her kids to school and back", "she was such a good mom", and blah, blah

It is meaningless what the neighbors and community think. Nobody knows what happens behind closed doors in anybody's house and especially what goes on behind closed bedroom doors when commenting on a "loving marriage"

Biz

Tampa, FL

#171 Feb 11, 2010
Old South wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe either of the Rams was guilty of killing JB. I DO think they waged a cover-up in order to protect their son. And if the son was actually guilty, who knows but what Hunter couldn't go after the parents since he knew the son was guilty. And, if he went after the parents for the cover-up, he would have had to bring out Burke's guilt, which was against the law. So, in short, his hands were tied.
But I think this is why the GJ returned a No Bill. It was just as though the crime didn't happen (if Burke did it).(Incidentally, I think the Grand Jury honed in on Burke.) No mention in any way of his having done it could be made or even hinted at. Remember the remark they made that they didn't know anyone that evil? I think when they realized the connotation of that remark, they decided to get the best therapy and counseling available for their son. Remember, too, John's statement that if a parent found that their child had done this "horrible thing", they would get him all the help they could.
I really think that when ST was honing in on Patsy, he honestly thought she was guilty. And IMO he WAS on the right track in thinking she was involved, e.g., writing the ransom note, among other things. The problem was, he thought she was guilty of killing JB rather than covering up for Burke. I believe he didn't find out until much later that Burke was the killer. I think, too, that one reason FW and many of their former friends dropped them was because of the charade they put on, that an intruder killed her when they knew what had happened. By the way, you are entitled to your opinion and this is mine.
By all accounts Burke is a perfectly normal, gentle, intelligent, and kind person with absolutely no violent tendencies or mental illness. Any child who had a family tragedy like this would be recommended to see a psychiatrist. He may not have been able to fathom the depth of Jonbenet's death at nine years old but he would still see the sadness and torment in his parents eyes and their extreme change in behavior. This could affect a child even more than losing a sibling. So therapy was a necessity for everyone in the family and it is commonplace.
Any child, particularly a child who was previously the subject of false tabloid allegations, would be extremely sheltered in a deposition process. I am sure the Ramsey attorneys demanded it. I would protect my remaining child legally to the hilt if this happened to me. Being so suspicious because Burke's depo is sealed is just nonsense. It was sealed because he was a juvenile, just like every other juvenile who testifys.
I find it very sad when people accuse the Ramseys of this crime after all the torment they have already gone through. I find it particularly sad when people accuse a 9 year old timid child who absolutley loved his sister.
When John made the comment "if their child had done this horrible thing" he was playing devil's advocate if you read the entire paragraph. He was answering accusations made by the media and how he would react if they were true. He gave several scenarios.
I have no doubt that if the Ramseys knew any of their children were involved they would get them help but they would also make them accountable for their actions. They were very sensible, yet caring parents.
IMO there is no way a shy 9 year old child brutally garroted, molested and tortured his beloved sister. There is no way his parents would have concocted an elaborate war and peace ransom that speaks of beheading and foreign factions to cover for him either. The person that wrote that note and did this crime was a monster.
Biz

Tampa, FL

#172 Feb 11, 2010
Capricorn wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of murderers appear as 'normal folks'. 99% of the time, when watching the news of someone really horrible being arrested, and they interview the neighbors and friends, you will hear ONLY nice things about them i.e. "they seemed nice", "he used to shovel my driveway for me", "he was always playing with the kids", "she was always taking her kids to school and back", "she was such a good mom", and blah, blah
It is meaningless what the neighbors and community think. Nobody knows what happens behind closed doors in anybody's house and especially what goes on behind closed bedroom doors when commenting on a "loving marriage"
True but once they are accused and harrassed as the Ramseys have been, they fall apart. The truth comes out. One spouse turns on the other. Relatives and friends come forward with stories and things they noticed previously. None of that happened in the Ramsey case.
Capricorn

New York, NY

#173 Feb 11, 2010
Biz wrote:
<quoted text>
True but once they are accused and harrassed as the Ramseys have been, they fall apart. The truth comes out. One spouse turns on the other. Relatives and friends come forward with stories and things they noticed previously. None of that happened in the Ramsey case.
Biz,

That doesn't always happen at all. Relatives and friends would have to not only KNOW what happened behind closed doors, but would have to relay it. AND...what happened to the friends and others who DID come forward with inside Ramsey stories? You all stated that they were all fabricated either for money or for their 15 minutes of fame along with the description of malicious gossip.

So you can't have it both ways. The people who did come forward have been dismissed as "gossipers" and having an ulterior motive, so the point is moot
Capricorn

New York, NY

#174 Feb 11, 2010
Biz wrote:
<quoted text>
By all accounts Burke is a perfectly normal, gentle, intelligent, and kind person with absolutely no violent tendencies or mental illness. Any child who had a family tragedy like this would be recommended to see a psychiatrist. He may not have been able to fathom the depth of Jonbenet's death at nine years old but he would still see the sadness and torment in his parents eyes and their extreme change in behavior. This could affect a child even more than losing a sibling. So therapy was a necessity for everyone in the family and it is commonplace.
Any child, particularly a child who was previously the subject of false tabloid allegations, would be extremely sheltered in a deposition process. I am sure the Ramsey attorneys demanded it. I would protect my remaining child legally to the hilt if this happened to me. Being so suspicious because Burke's depo is sealed is just nonsense. It was sealed because he was a juvenile, just like every other juvenile who testifys.
I find it very sad when people accuse the Ramseys of this crime after all the torment they have already gone through. I find it particularly sad when people accuse a 9 year old timid child who absolutley loved his sister.
When John made the comment "if their child had done this horrible thing" he was playing devil's advocate if you read the entire paragraph. He was answering accusations made by the media and how he would react if they were true. He gave several scenarios.
I have no doubt that if the Ramseys knew any of their children were involved they would get them help but they would also make them accountable for their actions. They were very sensible, yet caring parents.
IMO there is no way a shy 9 year old child brutally garroted, molested and tortured his beloved sister. There is no way his parents would have concocted an elaborate war and peace ransom that speaks of beheading and foreign factions to cover for him either. The person that wrote that note and did this crime was a monster.
While your description of Burke and his relationship with his sister is heartwarming, you have absolutely no way of knowing that he loved his sister, that he is a gentle, kind person or anything personal about him at all, other than what you and the rest of us read and hear, so that's not really accurate

Again, he was in therapy and we have no way of knowing what he was in therapy for, nor all of the issues he was treated for. I'm glad he has grown up without any controversy or public troubles, but that doesn't translate into anything at all from 13 years ago.

I do agree that his parents did everything possible to protect him
BrotherMoon

Littleton, CO

#175 Feb 11, 2010
Biz wrote:
<quoted text>
That's another typical whitewashing apology by you and is totally based on your bias and not on evidence. How's your frienship with CSIEngland going? Do you feel duped and used? You should.
Biz

New Port Richey, FL

#176 Feb 11, 2010
I have reliable sources for my knowledge about Burke and everything I said is true. I don't care if you believe me. He is not the monster you RDI's portray him as. He was an innocent little boy who lost his sister in a horrific manner. He and his family have suffered terribly, and yet you RDI's still stick the knife in and turn it with a grimace on your face. Did you ever stop to think "what if I'm wrong?" An apology will not be enough for the damage you have caused this child who is now a man.
Biz

New Port Richey, FL

#177 Feb 11, 2010
BrotherMoon wrote:
<quoted text>
That's another typical whitewashing apology by you and is totally based on your bias and not on evidence. How's your frienship with CSIEngland going? Do you feel duped and used? You should.
Duped and used? I don't think so. She is a hell of alot of honest and sane than you are Brothermoon. How is your relationship with all of your other personalities and hats going??? Hats from all over the country. Man you get around.
Old South

AOL

#178 Feb 11, 2010
Biz wrote:
<quoted text>
... He may not have been able to fathom the depth of Jonbenet's death at nine years old ...

... people accuse a 9 year old timid child who absolutley loved his sister.

IMO there is no way a shy 9 year old ...
Biz, just in case you don't know, this "9-year-old" child's birthday is January 27. The murder occurred on December 25/26. I think it more accurate to say "this child" was 10 years old at the time of the murder. Even though it might be commonplace to refer to a person's actual age when speaking about him/her, in a case such as this, his "actual" age in years shouldn't be used as an excuse DUE TO HIS AGE for his doing something so horrible. IMO, harping on his being ONLY 9-years-old is just smoke.

Also, you keep referring to this "shy child". If he was shy, that probably was also a result of his mental state -- a state brought on by his constantly being pushed into no-man's-land while all the attention was lavished on his beautiful sister. I can't remember the exact remark he made, but didn't he even ask Patsy why JonBenet got all the attention? You, me, nor anyone else knows what went on in this boy's mind. That is, except perhaps, his psychiatrists. If you know him personally and can vouch for how he's turned out, then I must say I'm glad for him.
Capricorn

New York, NY

#179 Feb 11, 2010
Biz wrote:
I have reliable sources for my knowledge about Burke and everything I said is true. I don't care if you believe me. He is not the monster you RDI's portray him as. He was an innocent little boy who lost his sister in a horrific manner. He and his family have suffered terribly, and yet you RDI's still stick the knife in and turn it with a grimace on your face. Did you ever stop to think "what if I'm wrong?" An apology will not be enough for the damage you have caused this child who is now a man.
I never portrayed him as a monster. I believe he was an emotionally troubled little boy, nothing more. I have never stuck a knife in and turned it with a grimace on my face. Gee, the drama that comes whenever his name is mentioned is getting nauseating. If only all of you showed the same compassion for the Pugh child or the White children or any of the other children of those you all freely accused, you would have less animosity, at least from me.

The public and the forums did not cause Burke any emotional damage; his parents left him with THAT gift. Had they cooperated and helped the investigation, all the speculation would have been non existent. Of course, the specualtion was okay when it was earning the Ramseys a fortune in law suits. I don't remember all the damage crying then.

If Burke is all grown and wonderful and the bees knees, I am happy for him. It would be nice if this kind and wonderful caring person gave a damn about finding the murderer of his sister and the person who caused the family so much grief as well as tarnishing his parents' name, especially his own mother's name.

“If life gives you melons”

Since: Nov 06

You might be dyslexic

#180 Feb 11, 2010
Biz wrote:
That is kind of a blanket statement against RDIs, don’t you think? Maybe if you saved that kind of language for someone who really does paint Burke that way, and not include all of the RDIs in that statement, it might be more accurate.

I have never caused ‘that child’ any damage over the last 13 years.

It is this mindset (like Jameson who groups everyone in one pile that doesn’t believe exactly as she does) that attributes to the lack of conversation possible between people of different beliefs both in this case and in life.

Biz, we don’t agree on much, but I have for the most part been courteous to you, so maybe we can agree on this as well. If someone is really saying nasty things about Burke (other than the possibility he could have accidentally killed his sister), please take your argument to them and leave me (an RDI) out of the vilification. TIA
candy

East Lansing, MI

#181 Feb 11, 2010
Quote: An apology will not be enough for the damage you have caused this child who is now a man.

BULL! When was the last time you read his Twitter page? HE DOESN'T HAVE A CARE IN THE WORLD, and DOESN'T BOTHER with this case in any, way, shape or form, and DOESN'T HELP "looking for the real killer." He doesn't mention JonBenet EVER on ANY of his FaceBook, MySpace's or Twitter accounts. Compare this to Elizabeth Smart. Only IDI IDIOTS here bother with what John and Burke CAN'T BE BOTHERED WITH, and spent their time in Hawaii AVOIDING AGAIN.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#182 Feb 11, 2010
Don't bother with the complete idiots who do the Ramseys dirty work online. The bible was right, by their FRUITS, ye shall know them. Their fruits are what they say on their Twitter page, what they DO with their time, and you can see with John Ramsey's flights EXACTLY what he does with his time, and what Burke DOES with his time. Don't let them LIE, when you can easily ascertain THE TRUTH for yourself. They are only deceiving themselves about these two.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#183 Feb 11, 2010
Biz wrote:
I agree with you on the part about Burke. I also have reason as to why I feel Burke did not take part in the murder. I don't think he knows that his parents killed his sister. I actually spoke with him by phone a few times, and used to communicate by email.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#184 Feb 11, 2010
There's NOTHING new about any of this with the Scamseys. The tabloids have John, Patsy, Glen and Susan Stine living it up on Ramseys's boat on Lake Michigan SIX MONTHS after the murder of JonBenet, and they've been on vacation ever since, Cayman Islands, Spain, Patsy to spas, Hawaii and all of over the US. It speaks VOLUMES about these people. They outsourced their PR to the NUTS on the internet who are too blind, deaf and dumb to see what these people are REALLY up to with their PRECIOUS time. And they should know, it's NEVER been helping them find the "real killer".
BrotherMoon

Littleton, CO

#185 Feb 11, 2010
Biz wrote:
<quoted text>
Duped and used? I don't think so. She is a hell of alot of honest and sane than you are Brothermoon. How is your relationship with all of your other personalities and hats going??? Hats from all over the country. Man you get around.
An honest pathological liar?

I use different hats to be funny. The locations are all in the Denver area. I have no control over the area changes that show up under my hats. Anybody with half a brain ,like shill, can figure out when I post under a different hat. You are simply a dim person aren't you?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#186 Feb 11, 2010
BrotherMoon wrote:
<quoted text>
An honest pathological liar?
I use different hats to be funny. The locations are all in the Denver area. I have no control over the area changes that show up under my hats. Anybody with half a brain ,like shill, can figure out when I post under a different hat. You are simply a dim person aren't you?
So you're the forum cop who pulled me over?!?!?
No cheap bribe

Littleton, CO

#187 Feb 11, 2010
Cynbenet_LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're the forum cop who pulled me over?!?!?
That would be me toots.
Shellie

Denver, CO

#188 Feb 11, 2010
candy wrote:
There's NOTHING new about any of this with the Scamseys. The tabloids have John, Patsy, Glen and Susan Stine living it up on Ramseys's boat on Lake Michigan SIX MONTHS after the murder of JonBenet, and they've been on vacation ever since, Cayman Islands, Spain, Patsy to spas, Hawaii and all of over the US. It speaks VOLUMES about these people. They outsourced their PR to the NUTS on the internet who are too blind, deaf and dumb to see what these people are REALLY up to with their PRECIOUS time. And they should know, it's NEVER been helping them find the "real killer".
Gosh Candy, you must think yourself to be PERFECT. Yes, a Perfect Person w/so much time on her hands to trail/or stalk the Ramseys & their friends.
I, for one, am THRILLED to hear they've been able to find some new joy in life - able to smile again. JBR would've wanted that for them.
You scare me though - soooo much VENOM - kinda like the RAGE the killer in this case must possess?? Hmmmmm ...
P.S. Just curious - are you this vile in your own, personal life?
Shellie

Denver, CO

#189 Feb 11, 2010
candy wrote:
Quote: An apology will not be enough for the damage you have caused this child who is now a man.
BULL! When was the last time you read his Twitter page? HE DOESN'T HAVE A CARE IN THE WORLD, and DOESN'T BOTHER with this case in any, way, shape or form, and DOESN'T HELP "looking for the real killer." He doesn't mention JonBenet EVER on ANY of his FaceBook, MySpace's or Twitter accounts. Compare this to Elizabeth Smart. Only IDI IDIOTS here bother with what John and Burke CAN'T BE BOTHERED WITH, and spent their time in Hawaii AVOIDING AGAIN.
You know I doN'T usually say this about ANYONE, but you just appear to be a MEAN person!!! Most people, who loose loved ones, grieve PRIVATELY!! They doN'T feel the need to hang their grief on a shingle like you would have them do.

I bet if most of us took a look at your pitiful life, we'd NOT be impressed!! So really, where do you get off JUDGING them?? So they've gone on vacations w/friends, other trips?? Who the F cares!! I imagine M.Klass has been around a block or two, also. Even E.Smart, who endured HORRIBLE things at the hands of her abductors, she's gone on w/her life. Perhaps you should look INWARD, at why you are such an angry, hateful person. And why you expect the Ramseys should dwell on their loss & grief FOREVER. It's one thing for you to SUSPECT the Ramseys are involved in this crime, it's quite another for you to ACT AS JUDGE & JURY to people who are MOST DEFINITELY innocent until PROVEN guilty!!

I doN'T much care what you THINK you know, the fact is, this family has NOT been charged w/anything!! No matter how much you want to INFLUENCE posters on this or any other forum w/the GARBAGE you put out there, the previous FACT remains FIRMLY in place!!

Besides who, in their right mind, has the time to spend 24/7 persecuting people & following their travel itineries. Candy, do yourself a favor & GET OVER YOURSELF! Cause last I looked, no one made you God!!!

I venture to say you would NOT EVER be capable of enduring anything close to what the Ramseys have been through - although I have heard, KARMA is a B ____!!

In closing, I will just remind you what was previously said, "An apology will not be enough for the damage you have caused." And I, for one, will NOT feel any sympathy for you when that day comes!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Santa and the housekeeper: The forgotten JonBen... 8 min Texxy 113
Sibling Rivalries 13 min Texxy 1
Fruit from the Poisoned Case 16 min Right44 2
Small Sacrifices 39 min Texxy 1
The Ramseys & NOBODY Else 44 min Texxy 5
911 Call 52 min Texxy 113
News Forensic nightmare: The perils of touch DNA 1 hr Texxy 7
GSLDPD99178617 - the DNA that matters! 1 hr Texxy 43
Music for the soul 1 hr Texxy 176
More from around the web