Comments
1 - 20 of 185 Comments Last updated Mar 23, 2013
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
candy

East Lansing, MI

#2 Jan 20, 2010
According to shameless ex murder suspect John Ramsey's whining to Lucinda Franks (wife of a DA, no less), he was so broke he thought he might end up in a trailer:

Passing an old station wagon pulling a motor home, he says ruefully, "That's where I'll be living soon." It is not entirely a joke.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-storie...

BUT, according to Burke's twittering, they arrived in Hawaii on December 22nd, and left on December 30th, 8 nights in the peak of travel season, when it's the most expensive time of the year to travel there.
Capricorn

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Jan 21, 2010
candy wrote:
According to shameless ex murder suspect John Ramsey's whining to Lucinda Franks (wife of a DA, no less), he was so broke he thought he might end up in a trailer:
Passing an old station wagon pulling a motor home, he says ruefully, "That's where I'll be living soon." It is not entirely a joke.
BUT, according to Burke's twittering, they arrived in Hawaii on December 22nd, and left on December 30th, 8 nights in the peak of travel season, when it's the most expensive time of the year to travel there.
I hope John remembers to alarm that motor home and the station wagon too; you never know
BrotherMoon

Denver, CO

#4 Jan 21, 2010
"That's Patsy," Ramsey says with a little smile, spreading his hands apart. "Larger than life." Scattered around the room are the paintings that his wife did, in a burst of creativity, during the last months of her life.

That burst of creativity included the creation of an Angel via the death of her daughter.
High Times

AOL

#5 Jan 21, 2010
candy wrote:
Probably Burke's treat!
candy

East Lansing, MI

#6 Jan 21, 2010
It could have been High Times. I would think if he had the money, he'd rather take his friends to Hawaii. And I've never, ever believed John Ramsey was anywhere near broke, like he's whined for years.

These two sending their latest round of "tips" from their zero reward "tip line" to the cops while they hit the beach is too much. They out OJ OJ.
High Times

AOL

#7 Jan 22, 2010
candy wrote:
It could have been High Times. I would think if he had the money, he'd rather take his friends to Hawaii. And I've never, ever believed John Ramsey was anywhere near broke, like he's whined for years.
These two sending their latest round of "tips" from their zero reward "tip line" to the cops while they hit the beach is too much. They out OJ OJ.
Nah, I think he had(has) the money, only problem is, Daddy controls it, just like he controls everything about Burke. Didn't he get a bunch from all the lawsuits? But Daddy's sticking to Burke like chewing gum on a shoe because "Daddy's broke" and he's got to "take care of" his little boy.

And what better way to spend Christmas than on a 3 day drunken binge?
Capricorn

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Jan 22, 2010
candy wrote:
There are no "tips". All they do is throw out names to crush under that bus! Here, I have to agree with you 100%:

They do in fact out OJ, OJ and even coming close to Casey Anthony's arrogance!
Capricorn

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Jan 22, 2010
High Times wrote:
<quoted text>
......And what better way to spend Christmas than on a 3 day drunken binge?
Hmmmmm, perhaps they could have spent Christmas reminding the public that it is the anniversary of JBR's murder and that someone is "still out there" and JBR has not seen any justice.

Perhaps they could have used Christmas as an opportunity to have a press conference to ask for the help of the FBI or any other agency.

Perhaps they could have asked the media outlet of their choice to run a story asking the FBI and other LE departments to assist in re-looking at the case

Perhaps they could have given a Christmas gift to Patsy and JBR by paying for perpetual care for their gravesites instead of having it look like it's been abandoned, especially next to the other family graves that ARE cared for

Perhaps they could have shown that they give a damn!

Oh well, perhaps they get drunk together and laugh at all of us still here caring about JBR while they run free and get on with life.

Or maybe they really believed the killer was hiding behind one of the bartenders in Hawaii. Ever think of that!?:)

“If life gives you melons”

Since: Nov 06

You might be dyslexic

#10 Jan 22, 2010
Capricorn wrote:
<quoted text>

Or maybe they really believed the killer was hiding behind one of the bartenders in Hawaii. Ever think of that!?:)
That must be it!
Heloise

UK

#11 Jan 22, 2010
So, I'm guessing this resort isn't your cheap Club Med-type package bargain?

Anyway, the RST can't have it both ways. They can't claim they got millions off ST and his publishers, their lawyer can't talk about making more money off the Ramsey case than another lawyer had made in his whole career, they can't claim victory in several libel suits AND claim poverty. Which is it, RST?
Lynette

South Africa

#12 Jan 25, 2010
What is wrong with all you people? The Ramsey family suffered the worst tragedy that could befall anyone, the loss of a beloved child and sister. Can you imagine how that must feel? And instead of showing them compassion, the worst and most ugly rumours started circulating about them. Even Burke,(who was nine years old at the time!) has been accused of killing her out of jealousy because she got a bicycle for Christmas. I was shocked by her murder, but I am more horrified to know that there are such vindictive and evil minded people there. The Ramseys were exonerated of all blame. They did not kill JonBenet, so why all the hate? It's perfectly clear that JonBenet was the target of a sick paedophile who had seen her in pageants and regarded her as a sexual object rather than just a cute little girl, the way normal people would. The basement window was broken, so access to the house would not have been difficult. He had probably been inside the house before, when the family were out, checking out the territory. He also probably took some paper from the house and wrote out the ransom note before he even went to the house on Christmas night, for what reason I do not know. Perhaps he was hoping to get money out of them before her body was discovered and then lost his nerve when the police were informed. The police made a fine job of bungling the whole investigation because they were so focused on the fact that the parents killed JonBenet that they didn't see the wood for the trees until it was far too late. I don't believe the killer will ever be caught, unless he comes forward and confesses. But I think we all owe it to this unfortunate family to leave them alone now and rather than spread all this hate and rumours about them, let's rather go down on our knees and thank God that we do not walk in their shoes.
Biz

Tampa, FL

#13 Jan 25, 2010
I have a relative who's husband was a commercial airline pilot. She standing at the tarmac on her birthday with her newborn baby awaiting his arrival to celebrate. The plane crashed and all crew were killed. A month later she lost her brother in Vietnam. Although this is a horrible tragedy, it doesn't even come close to the horror the Ramseys endured when their daughter was found murdered that night. My relative will tell you that nothing is more unbearable than losing a child...even the losing the love of your life like she did and losing a beloved brother within a month. She had seen it in her mother's pain.
Anyway, I just wanted to point out how this relative now celebrates her birthday since it now encompasses so much pain. I think it is similar to the Ramseys way of celebrating Christmas. She gets away to an exotic island every year to get away from the pain so she doesn't have to remember. There is absolutely nothing wrong with John and Burke going to Hawaii during Christmas. It's completely normal. Some of you people must still be in the dark ages. Perhaps you would like to see them dress in black for the next 10 years (like they do in old Europe) and just spend the rest of their lives suffering and reliving that horrible day. It may be old tradition but it certainly isn't therapeutic.

You might be dyslexic

#14 Jan 25, 2010
Biz wrote:
I have a relative who's husband was a commercial airline pilot. She standing at the tarmac on her birthday with her newborn baby awaiting his arrival to celebrate. The plane crashed and all crew were killed. A month later she lost her brother in Vietnam. Although this is a horrible tragedy, it doesn't even come close to the horror the Ramseys endured when their daughter was found murdered that night. My relative will tell you that nothing is more unbearable than losing a child...even the losing the love of your life like she did and losing a beloved brother within a month. She had seen it in her mother's pain.
Anyway, I just wanted to point out how this relative now celebrates her birthday since it now encompasses so much pain. I think it is similar to the Ramseys way of celebrating Christmas. She gets away to an exotic island every year to get away from the pain so she doesn't have to remember. There is absolutely nothing wrong with John and Burke going to Hawaii during Christmas. It's completely normal. Some of you people must still be in the dark ages. Perhaps you would like to see them dress in black for the next 10 years (like they do in old Europe) and just spend the rest of their lives suffering and reliving that horrible day. It may be old tradition but it certainly isn't therapeutic.
Of course there is nothing wrong with going to Hawaii for Christmas, unless you are crying poverty out of the other side of your mouth, or worried that the killer might still be out there! It would be nice though to see that the family took care of the grave sites once in awhile though. The only one that is always cared for is Beth's, most likely by Lucinda. One would think John and/or Burke could whiz by once in awhile to pull a few weeds and keep the headstones free from debris. I know posters who go and care for the graves more than the family does. And if not the loving husband and son, why not the loving sister? She is certainly close enough. It is just odd, that is all.
Capricorn

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Jan 25, 2010
Legal__Eagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there is nothing wrong with going to Hawaii for Christmas, unless you are crying poverty out of the other side of your mouth, or worried that the killer might still be out there! It would be nice though to see that the family took care of the grave sites once in awhile though. The only one that is always cared for is Beth's, most likely by Lucinda. One would think John and/or Burke could whiz by once in awhile to pull a few weeds and keep the headstones free from debris. I know posters who go and care for the graves more than the family does. And if not the loving husband and son, why not the loving sister? She is certainly close enough. It is just odd, that is all.
You said it much better than I could have. I agree 100%

I just wish I was poor enough to go to Hawaii during the holidays

You might be dyslexic

#16 Jan 25, 2010
Capricorn wrote:
<quoted text>
Mele Kalikimaka Cappy!
Biz

Tampa, FL

#17 Jan 25, 2010
Capricorn wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor to some people is not considered poor to others. John Ramsey was a multimillion, perhaps now he is "just" a millionaire, so he may consider himself poor by previous means.
The comment about moving to a trailer was surely an exaggeration.
I am glad that he is able to vacation and get away from the memories of that horrible night. Some people are not so fortunate and don't have the means to escape. There are many crime victims that cannot bear going to the gravesight of their loved ones. It brings back too many bad memories, especially for those who had to endure it first hand. I think things would be far different and slightly less painful if LE had found JBR and the Ramsey's didn't have to endure seeing the body that way or know of the torture she was put through. It's very painful to remember all of that. Very different than just knowing a child has died.
Capricorn

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Jan 25, 2010
Biz wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor to some people is not considered poor to others. John Ramsey was a multimillion, perhaps now he is "just" a millionaire, so he may consider himself poor by previous means.
That's certainly true, however, one would think he'd have the common sense to keep his mouth shut about his "poverty" (he mentions it in EVERY interview), especially in this age of financial woes, where people are losing their jobs, homes, medical care etc.

Here is a man who hasn't worked in more than a decade, has a son in college, all paid for, still flies a private plane and can go on vacation whenever he wants. One would think he'd be smart enough not to complain.

I don't begrudge him his wealth; just stop whining about your finances
Alicia

Reynoldsburg, OH

#19 Jan 25, 2010
Heloise wrote:
So, I'm guessing this resort isn't your cheap Club Med-type package bargain?
Anyway, the RST can't have it both ways. They can't claim they got millions off ST and his publishers, their lawyer can't talk about making more money off the Ramsey case than another lawyer had made in his whole career, they can't claim victory in several libel suits AND claim poverty. Which is it, RST?
John Ramsey works as a consultant. He doesn't live "the high life" in a huge mansion, jetting around the globe all the time so the chances are that he has enough money to take a Hawaiian vacation. Why shouldn't he? Burke obviously has money. When the Ramseys sued and won, it was usually on Burke's behalf. I'm a Ramsey supporter and I certainly don't think John Ramsey is poverty stricken and I don't blame him for suing when he did.

You might be dyslexic

#20 Jan 25, 2010
Capricorn wrote:
<quoted text>

Here is a man who hasn't worked in more than a decade, has a son in college, all paid for, still flies a private plane and can go on vacation whenever he wants. One would think he'd be smart enough not to complain.
I don't begrudge him his wealth; just stop whining about your finances
AMEN to that and quit also with the 'there but by the grace of God go I' when he sees someone pulling a trailer! I know he didn't say that but he might as well have because it was his intent by the comment he did make.

Hope he is not consulting on home security.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#21 Jan 25, 2010
He doesn't live "the high life" in a huge mansion, jetting around the globe all the time...

Yes he does go "jet setting" ALL THE TIME in his own private aircraft. You can track his flights knowing his tag numbers, as why_nut has done. This guy NEVER files commercial ANYWHERE. He lives in a very wealthy community in Michigan, when Patsy was alive, he used to have a HUGE boat right in the driveway of their home, as well as several expensive cars. HE'S ALWAYS LIED ABOUT BEING BROKE.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jonbenet's "Secret Santa..." 17 hr Maqa 28
What kind of instrument yields this type of wound? Fri Just Wondering 84
Jeffrey MacDonald Is Guilty (Sep '08) Thu JTF 7,470
Note-odd detail? Thu note 425
James Kolar book: Foreign Faction: Who really... (Jul '12) Wed Just Wondering 1,050
Lou Smit window video Aug 26 Just Wondering 1
The London Letter Aug 25 Bee 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

JonBenet Ramsey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••