who is the weBsleuths pervert?

Posted in the JonBenet Ramsey Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
jameson

Hickory, NC

#1 Feb 28, 2009
I see it reported on another forum that a moderator at weBsleuths was outed as a registered sex offender. Does anyone know if that is true and/or who that was?

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Feb 28, 2009
Henri McPhee

Bristol, UK

#3 Mar 1, 2009
I noticed a posting from a Miss Marple, February 2009, on that link guest just mentioned.

I was beginning to think Miss Marple had died, or something.

There is some gossip at the moment on one forum that Miss Marple's JonBenet Ramsey wiki website is about to be taken down, which I think would be rather sad. I have always found Miss Marple's wiki website a useful source of references in the Ramsey case.
jameson

Hickory, NC

#4 Mar 1, 2009
So a poster using the screen name Windchime ended up being a moderator on weBsleuths and it later turned out she was a convicted sex offender.

To those who wondered why Tricia didn't do a background search on her, I have to defend Tricia on that one. No one can be really sure who is joining a forum. There simply isn't enough time and money to check every membership. I can't fault Tricia with trusting WindChime and think it is simply one more chance for all of us to remember this is the Wild West and people we post with are not always who we think.
jameson

Hickory, NC

#5 Mar 1, 2009
some information - true information

LADY LAKE MAN GETS 15 YEARS IN SEX CASE THE ORLANDO SENTINEL - Tuesday, June 23, 1992 Author: Jim Runnels, of The Sentinel Staff A Lady Lake man was sentenced Monday to 15 years in state prison on charges of sexual misconduct and attempted sexual battery. James Cavitalo Jr., 46, of Skyline Hills Mobile Home Park, also was ordered not to contact the children involved for the next 25 years. Cavitalo was convicted in Lake Circuit Court in early May of attempted sexual battery on a child under age 12, four counts of lewd and lascivious acts upon or in the presence of children, and three counts of child abuse. Prosecutors said Cavitalo had oral sex with a 6-year-old boy, that he fondled two girls, and that he allowed the children to watch as he had sex with two women. State Circuit Judge Don Briggs of Tavares, who could have given Cavitalo a lighter sentence, declined to do so.''I find that this case warrants a substantial sentence,'' Briggs said. In addition to the prison term, Cavitalo will be forced to undergo mental health treatment and to pay for court costs and the costs of his supervision while on probation.

Sounds to me like he was one nasty person who deserved to be given a harsh sentence. The children were certainly innocent victims. I will withhold my opinion on the women because they had the choice to leave.

But I think this is an issue that SHOULD be discussed on the forums. Someone on the forums had a past -- should it mean immediate banishment? Just a question I would like to see discussed.
jameson

Hickory, NC

#6 Mar 1, 2009
It looks like her crime involved having sex in front of the children.

My questions would be :
1. Wwhat were the circumstances?
2. Did she go to jail?
3. Did she lose custody of her children?
jameson

Hickory, NC

#7 Mar 1, 2009
I want to respond to the post by "Pixie_Dust, Windchimes sister."
She wrote, "As has been posted, my sisters worst nightmare is being relived for her again. First and for most, Web Sleuths had no knowledge of these 2 charges she took a plea on."
WindChime was a longtime member of the forum, she understood the nature of that beast. If you are in their good graces, great, but when things get cool, they eat their own and no amount of pleading will get them to change. Windchime was banned. Tricia won't allow her any opportunity to explain herself. There will be no discussion. She is dead to them. period. Because Tricia says so. That's how Tricia runs her forum. WindChime knew the rules.
Pixie wrote, "She wants everyone to know these charges were brought about due to an extreme custody fight. At no time did she commit the charges she plead to. The history of this case was only known to family and friends."
My questions
What mother would say she... have it legally documented that she was guilty of those charges? I hope WindChimedoes find a place to explain her situation because if she does not, she will be considered guilty by all watching.
Pixie wrote, "The prosecutor DID want her to testify against her husband, but she believed in telling the truth, and in doing so, the prosecution realized it did not benefit there case against him, they then pressed charges against her. Out of fear ,of seeing what happened to her husband, and to end the nightmare for herself and the children she accepted the plea bargain but was NOT GUILT OF THE CHARGES."
This sounds pretty bad. Was she protecting her husband or herself? Doesn't really matter, they charged her and I can't imagine any lawyer encouraging her to take the plea without any evidence existing against her. So what's the story? Maybe Pixie or WindChime can come here to comment.
Pixie wrote, "If anyone has ever been a victim of the court system and are innocent you understand what my sister and family have gone through. If you have not, try walking a mile in there shoes, before you place blame and have the transcripts of all the facts and parties involved."
I have not, but I watched while the Ramseys did.
As for reading the transcripts, I do think such things go a long way in lighting the path to truth -- so will you share? I kind of doubt it after a quick view of what is available online. But maybe you will and things will not seem so bad for WindChime.
jameson

Hickory, NC

#8 Mar 1, 2009
Pixie wrote, "My sister is very embarrassed that she had NO choice but to take a plea bargain and have this on her record, but she did what she had to do out of fear. There are many forms of victims, and yes the children are victims. Some will ask, why would a child say such a thing, and again I will refer back to an extreme custody battle, for anyone that has been involved with a nasty custody battle knows how some parents will drag their children in the middle and try to turn them against the other parent."
Kids may say a lot of things during a custody battle, get drawn into fights. We can agree on that. But I have sat in court a couple times when kids have had to talk to the lawyers and judges and it is not hard to find the truth when they are properly handled. When Mom and Dad are both sitting there and the kids love them both and they promise to tell the truth and the lawyer is there to make sure no one is going to get hurt -- they usually make it clear what the truth is, by words or by their manner. Kids don't lie that well.
Pixie said. " I said it once and I will say it again, I stand next to my sister with my head held high and proud she is my sister, and she did not commit any of the horrible acts that she was charged with. She is a loving, caring person. For those of you here at WS that knows my sister and support her she appreciates each and everyone of you more than words can express."
I haven't seen support, but I am not everywhere the BORG are. Still, I wonder if you are talking about support from people who only knew the internet persona Windchime who could be anyone at all, or Terry the person who was charged and pled to some terrible things.
Pixie wrote, "When she is ready she will reveal more of the details involved, what I have written is a VERY VAGUE explanation as to what really happened, and the rest will be done on her time."
Or she will disappear as many posters have in the past.
RiverRat

North Fort Myers, FL

#9 Mar 2, 2009
Well......you could always re-open your forum and invite Windy and her sister a place to let the chips fall, Sue. Maybe let BlueFire offer a shoulder to lean on? This thread did not have to be, so your vouching for Trica and how close to impossible it is to take anyone's word at face value on the internet was a nice sugar-coated way to act like this is any of your business as we all know your true fondness for Tricia. How aabout instead, you vouch for what she has tuned the place into over the past several years. The amount of members and visitors must make YOU of all people amazed......

Or they could explain why they selfishly kept her dirty little secret to themselves instead of staying away from any forum that is involved with criminal cases - including far too many that involve children. So, the Haters finally did something to help WBS - round of applause please -it would have been nice if they would have figured this out while they were running WBS for Tricia as she used to rely on the Trust System....

And FakeSeeker - yes - your ranting and raging about WC had merit, too bad though that your buddy Jeana defended her, ending your plea's for WC removal. Happy Now?

This too shall pass, so milk it while you can, Sue. Maybe then you can actually do something useful - like explain to us why John Ramsey now lives in Little Rock?
Right On The Money

New York, NY

#10 Mar 2, 2009
jameson wrote:
It looks like her crime involved having sex in front of the children.
My questions would be :
1. Wwhat were the circumstances?
2. Did she go to jail?
3. Did she lose custody of her children?
Why is everyone referring to a "she" - I am reading it was a male who was sentenced. Any comments?
Right On The Money

New York, NY

#11 Mar 2, 2009
Forget my last post. I understand - different case.

Windchime's case sounds horrible.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#12 Mar 2, 2009
Tricia's one of the stupidest people ever on the boards. It's no wonder she went all the way off the cliff with Thomas, as she was too stupid to figure out what he was up to as early as the Miller trial, months before he settled without bothering to tell them. She's ruined WebSleuths, first the Ramsey board, now all the main ones. It's a joke. I enjoyed how hir allowed only favorable comments to pimp Leonard Padilla. That pimp stated FALSELY that Casey's prints were on the duct tape, no wonder Tricia's slimy friends at the tabs printed the same thing, with him as the only source. They all got what they deserved from him. Like Steve Thomas, he's pimped every single bit of info he's received out for his own profit, true or false info.
RiverRat

North Fort Myers, FL

#13 Mar 3, 2009
Hey idiot......remember when you deliberately misled posters, you little troll you?! Same kind of set-up from the snakes that slither where they have no business. The only people that Whine about WBS are those not worthy of membership there as Tricia has turned that place into something the original owners couldn't pull off.

BTW - Steve's a pimp?! LOL - coming from the employee of Hoffman's Ho House as en exclusive for the National Examiner....Priceless! Well, unless you negotiate with Sydney.....

Trica is far from stupid.......if she was, you wouldn't be at the bottom of the barrel, crying over all your hard important work that's been all for nothing! Now get that mail sorted, Ms. BigShot. Tell Shawn Hello for me! As long as it's not during your working hours, that is.....
Right On The Money

New York, NY

#14 Mar 3, 2009
candy wrote:
Tricia's one of the stupidest people ever on the boards. It's no wonder she went all the way off the cliff with Thomas, as she was too stupid to figure out what he was up to as early as the Miller trial, months before he settled without bothering to tell them. She's ruined WebSleuths, first the Ramsey board, now all the main ones. It's a joke. I enjoyed how hir allowed only favorable comments to pimp Leonard Padilla. That pimp stated FALSELY that Casey's prints were on the duct tape, no wonder Tricia's slimy friends at the tabs printed the same thing, with him as the only source. They all got what they deserved from him. Like Steve Thomas, he's pimped every single bit of info he's received out for his own profit, true or false info.
Candy,

You sound nuts.
jameson

Arden, NC

#15 Mar 3, 2009
Tricia is, in my opinion, a very nasty individual. Someone who jumped into the Ramsey case far later than many of us, but she did it with a vengeance. She wanted to be a BORG leader and she accomplished that. In doing so, she showed how ignorant she actually is. She continued to attack the Ramseys long after evidence exonerating them was documented. Myths and lies were welcome on her forum as long as they were attacks on the Ramseys or anyone who supported them.(Like the assinine stories accusing me of being Patricia. After being accused, Darnay Hoffman, a BORG lawyer and friend of the BORG forums assured the group I had been with him in NY when Patricia received and responded to email. No way it was me. But that didn't stop Tricia from allowing the lis to stand on her forum. I think anyone who has followed her forums has to KNOW they are BORG based fantasy forums meant only to entertain those of her ilk.

Tricia has always seemed to me to be a mean spirited, unhappy woman - a horrid person. Her blind BORG followers love her. Kind of like a queen scorpion. I think her recent divorce won't help her mood and feel sorry for those who trusted her with their stories.

Having said all that, I still do not think anyone can hold Tricia responsible for not knowing WindChime was not who she said she was. Tricia bought established forums and did what she could to keep them going. It was a "career move" as Darnay would say.
Right On The Money

New York, NY

#16 Mar 3, 2009
jameson wrote:
Tricia is, in my opinion, a very nasty individual. Someone who jumped into the Ramsey case far later than many of us, but she did it with a vengeance. She wanted to be a BORG leader and she accomplished that. In doing so, she showed how ignorant she actually is. She continued to attack the Ramseys long after evidence exonerating them was documented. Myths and lies were welcome on her forum as long as they were attacks on the Ramseys or anyone who supported them.(Like the assinine stories accusing me of being Patricia. After being accused, Darnay Hoffman, a BORG lawyer and friend of the BORG forums assured the group I had been with him in NY when Patricia received and responded to email. No way it was me. But that didn't stop Tricia from allowing the lis to stand on her forum. I think anyone who has followed her forums has to KNOW they are BORG based fantasy forums meant only to entertain those of her ilk.
Tricia has always seemed to me to be a mean spirited, unhappy woman - a horrid person. Her blind BORG followers love her. Kind of like a queen scorpion. I think her recent divorce won't help her mood and feel sorry for those who trusted her with their stories.
Having said all that, I still do not think anyone can hold Tricia responsible for not knowing WindChime was not who she said she was. Tricia bought established forums and did what she could to keep them going. It was a "career move" as Darnay would say.
Jameson, you ignorant slut.

Tricia comes across as knowledgeable, well spoken and someone who has researched the facts of this case and someone who does not profit from the misfortunte of others. Tricia has gone to the aid of Mr. Gicax (sp?) who was falsely accused by M. Tracey as a viable suspect in the Ramsey case, knowing full well he was not even in town at the time of the murder. Smit went along with this fiasco, so he is not much better.

Tricia has the BEST, best site on this case besides A Candy Rose, as far as research goes. She is well spoken and leaves you in the dust Jameson. Would that be a reason for your post?
koldkase

Athens, GA

#17 Mar 3, 2009
Your own well-documented, shocking history of bad forum behavior and lies notwithstanding, jams...something I hadn't meant to bring up, but seeing your last post, felt you asked for...I thought I'd try to direct the TOPIC.

Candy and her jealously issues aside...I'll say something about the woman/Windchime who obviously is an uneducated, illiterate, lying, self-promoting, CONVICTED abuser of children and what her forum fate should be, which is the question you asked orginally, jams.

Windchime has a terrible past in which she pled no contest to charges in the sexual victimization of children. I'm not buying her "sister's" story that Windchime had to plead guilty, blahblahblah. No, she didn't. She had a choice and if she lied to avoid harsher penalties, then she did not help those children THEN, either. The fact is Windchime will have to live with those lies for life herself, because nobody is going to believe it when she "changes" her story after she got the "deal" she wanted. If she's lying NOW about her participation then, she's certainly not changed at all, because her victims are still being victimized with her lies.

It is 17 years past her conviction. I personally don't know her or if she has changed. Her actions at WS tell me not really. No matter what the truth is about her crimes, and she and the then-children know what that is, Windchime had NO BUSINESS taking the position of moderator at ANY forum whose mission is to help victims of crime, certainly not without FULL DISCLOSURE of her history. That is INEXCUSABLE, but she did it, and with NO REMORSE, either.

Which is what I think you're addressing, jams--at least, before it turned into a bash Tricia thread.

[cont.]
jameson

Arden, NC

#18 Mar 3, 2009
I did the research on Terry and agree, she is scum and I hate that she just got probation. She not only stood by while her husband/ex abused the kids, she willingly took part. She signed a paper admitting all of it. Too cab she didn't leave court with a PEDOPHILE tatoo on her forhead.

I think she has a lot of nerve, jumping in front of the camera to accuse the Anthonys -- but maybe she should be able to spend some quality time alone with Cindy, George, Leonard, Mark, John and the parents of Jessica Lunsford and Hayleigh Cummings.
koldkase

Athens, GA

#19 Mar 3, 2009
[cont.]

Windchime, IMO, has demonstrated classic abuser behavior in this whole matter at WS. She wanted what she wanted, and she didn't care who she hurt to get it. In this case, it was attention and power, at least. She lived A LIE by concealing the TRUTH about HER LEGALLY ADMITTED SEX CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN. She presented herself AS TRUSTWORTHY to many people, who in turn trusted her and fell for her LIES. She knew these people were vulnerable, and she knew IF SHE TOLD THE TRUTH ABOUT HER CRIMINAL HISTORY, she'd be considered UNFIT to moderate at WS. She IS unfit to do that job, and by concealing the truth, she once again has VICTIMIZED the vulnerable.

WINDCHIME and her sister should get a clue for once and GO AWAY. With her "open support" for Windchime, threatening people because the truth HAS come out, the sister has now shown HERSELF to be UNFIT to participate with any organzation sensitive to victims of crime and abuse. They are both active abusers, and their behavior is proof of that.

Should they be banished? Yes, IMO, because they have proven they are willing and able to continue victimizing people to promote their own agenda. If Windchime truly was sorry for what she did to those children, she'd never have been so callous as to put herself in such a position NOW, to hurt MORE ABUSE SURVIVORS who gather where WINDCHIME put HERSELF in a POSITION OF POWER OVER THEM. She could have simply posted as members like the rest of us, and most of us have no such history. But she didn't want that, even knowing she had to lie to people who trusted her.

And that's the true issue at hand, I believe: trust. ANYONE who knows ANYTHING about victims of abuse knows that their biggest, lifelong struggle is TRUST. We all live with the knowledge that trust is constant as the fog, if we live long enough. But we have to allow some level of trust into our relationships, even if we trust that we'll be hurt, or we can't operate. Trust is based on what we FEEL we can count on. Victims of any kind of abuse learn they can't trust people not to hurt them, which hinders their ability to develop deep, satisfiying relationships in life.

Windchime destroyed a lot of trust. She hurt those who trusted her, including Tricia and the admin at WS. But more importantly, she hurt those who go to WS looking for help with their issues from abuse. Windchime, and now her sister, tearing around making threats and denials, have revealed their true natures. As Maya Angelou wisely said, when someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE THEM.

So yes, I think these two women should be banished from these communities. They have shown us who they are, and the damage they are perpetuating is only continuing the victimization of others. That includes Tricia and WS, but more importantly, all those who have been abused and have had their hard won TRUST on a forum they have come to rely on for SUPPORT once again ASSAULTED by the LIES of a CONVICTED CHILD ABUSER.

[cont.]
koldkase

Athens, GA

#20 Mar 3, 2009
[cont.]

I don't know what Tricia is going to do now about this, but I do believe she's as shocked and hurt as anyone. She appears to me to have taken steps to try to handle the issues as this has all developed. Who, in all the years we've been on the forums, has really thought about doing background checks on moderators? Where is the MODEL for this kind of BETRAYAL of trust at the admin level? Live and learn.

The forum/message board format is a developing medium, and most of us have been in on the ground floor, participating, watching it grow day by day, year by year. The law isn't even clear on this, yet, so cackling over such an unfortunate development at WS and enjoying the hurt of others is hardly GOOD BEHAVIOR for any of us. We've all had our share of mistakes on the forums, AND NONE MORE THAN YOU, CANDY, NOR YOU JAMS. But people who are in the game are going to get HIT, aren't they? If they have the courage and stamina to get up and keep playing through the pain, then that's how we keep moving forward.

Hopefully, WE ALL LEARN. HOW MANY OF US HAVE LEARNED ABOUT THE TRUE NATURE OF PREDATORS BY BEING ON THESE FORUMS AND SEEING THEIR BEHAVIOR FIRST HAND? There are laws on the books today that got there because of just this kind of reality check. This medium has grown quickly, and since predators never sleep, stricter measures are needed to ensure that this doesn't happen again on a forum the size of WS with its mission to help crime victims. Smaller forums will have to use their own judgment, because it won't be easy nor cheap.

Well, that's my 2 cents. I wish you all well, and I hope that in the end, this becomes a blow AGAINST PREDATORS, not a tool for a personal vendetta. If it becomes ALL ABOUT TRICIA, then THE PREDATOR WINS. IT'S NOT ABOUT HER OR US, but about IDENTIFYING PREDATORS.

We have an opportunity to LEARN SOMETHING here that will hinder ABUSERS from targeting unsuspecting VICTIMS in this way again. I guess it's up to us as forum members and owners who claim to be victim advocates to choose: personal agenda, or A STRIKE AGAINST CHILD PREDATORS?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Linda Arndt (May '07) 1 hr SlapJack 23
Colorado CODIS hits from DNA (Jun '12) 1 hr SlapJack 200
Reexamining Michael Helgoth 3 hr SINbad 6
Fleet and Priscilla White on Peter Boyles show ... 3 hr berrytea333 57
Linguistic analysis of the JonBenet Ramsey rans... 3 hr SINbad 175
Wine cellar door...many questions 3 hr SINbad 28
Good riddance Paula Woodward (Apr '09) 3 hr jimmey lava 25
More from around the web