“Hey”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#48 Mar 11, 2013
I've been researching this case for about 10 years and I've seen some ridiculous comments. Your comment regarding the note tops em all.
mee wrote:
<quoted text>omg....that i am not anti ramsey .......
mee

Epsom, UK

#49 Mar 11, 2013
JimmyWells wrote:
I've been researching this case for about 10 years and I've seen some ridiculous comments. Your comment regarding the note tops em all. <quoted text>
explain why its ridiculous.......because its a diffent opinion to you...

Since: Feb 12

Pearl City, HI

#50 Mar 11, 2013
Hi Anti K,
It is about time, that you should concede that the ransom note is, and was a phony. The amount asked was not enough, and the specific amount should have told you something.

IF the RN was written to throw suspicion toward the Ramsey family, why not a "confession note" instead?

The RN clearly pointed to an outside intruder, using the Ramseys and society as their enemy. The note was written by Patsy.
CC
Anti-K wrote:
No purpose whatsoever? Nonsense. Ridiculous. Absurd. Here are a few possible reasons for an intruder leaving a ransom note and the body hidden in the house:
1. a kidnapper could have intended on murdering and hiding his victim in the house right from the get-go, possibly believing that the Ramseys would not call the police and that he could collect his money before the parents discovered the body (why would they look for it?). Murdering and hiding the body in the house relieves him of the risk of having to handle, transport, hide and return/dispose of his victim and reduces the risk of forensic evidence accruing.
2. a molester who happened to kill (as opposed to a killer who happened to molest) could have created the note as a means of hiding from himself and/or others his perverse desires and true motivation. Wiping, redressing, covering body and elements of a kidnapping (cord, tape, note) all could have been done as a means to misdirect.
3. a killer wishing to direct suspicion towards the occupants of the house (thus, away from him)
4. a killer wishing to create an enduring mystery
5. a killer hoping to create for the parents a sense of false hope mingled with hours of angst and pain reaching its peak when the body is discovered
6. I can do this all day. So, can anyone. The possibilities are endless and it is a blatant error of reason to say otherwise. The claim that there was “no purpose whatsoever” for an intruder to leave a phony (or real) ransom note is false.

AK

“Hey”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#51 Mar 11, 2013
Because you stated that you think someone could have wrote it in advance while in the house on a prior occasion. That is pretty ridiculous, almost insane.
mee wrote:
<quoted text>explain why its ridiculous.......because its a diffent opinion to you...
mee

Epsom, UK

#52 Mar 11, 2013
JimmyWells wrote:
Because you stated that you think someone could have wrote it in advance while in the house on a prior occasion. That is pretty ridiculous, almost insane. <quoted text>
not if that person was comftable there had a key and was in the house alot....why insane..
mee

Epsom, UK

#53 Mar 11, 2013
Bakatari wrote:
Hi Anti K,
It is about time, that you should concede that the ransom note is, and was a phony. The amount asked was not enough, and the specific amount should have told you something.
IF the RN was written to throw suspicion toward the Ramsey family, why not a "confession note" instead?
The RN clearly pointed to an outside intruder, using the Ramseys and society as their enemy. The note was written by Patsy.
CC
<quoted text>
the specific amount tells us that this person had access to johns paperwork..or was told the bonus amount...if it had been written by patsy why wouldnt she write 2 million or something...this person was a inexperinced kidnapper and it went wrong after the bash on the head...i also think this person was close to the ramseys..thats just my opinion...

“Hey”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#54 Mar 11, 2013
Where's the motive? And let's say it was an intruder that wanted to frame the parents. Wouldn't there be several hundred more obvious ways to frame someone than writing a note at the victims house? If this person went to all this trouble why not just plant a collected DNA sample i.e. hair, used kleenex, etc on the body rather than some riduculous note that can't even conclusively lead to the parents?
mee wrote:
<quoted text>not if that person was comftable there had a key and was in the house alot....why insane..

Since: Feb 12

Pearl City, HI

#55 Mar 11, 2013
JimmyWells wrote:
Where's the motive? And let's say it was an intruder that wanted to frame the parents. Wouldn't there be several hundred more obvious ways to frame someone than writing a note at the victims house? If this person went to all this trouble why not just plant a collected DNA sample i.e. hair, used kleenex, etc on the body rather than some riduculous note that can't even conclusively lead to the parents? <quoted text>
Correct.
The BEST way to point suspicion toward the parents, would be to leave nothing. There would be no credible evidence of an intruder, and the suspicion would point to the parents immediately.

Leaving a ransom note for the reason of framing a family member, while the phantom intruder could slip into the home and exit without leaving a trace would be stupid.
CC

Since: May 11

AOL

#56 Mar 11, 2013
mee wrote:
<quoted text>the specific amount tells us that this person had access to johns paperwork..or was told the bonus amount...if it had been written by patsy why wouldnt she write 2 million or something...this person was a inexperinced kidnapper and it went wrong after the bash on the head...i also think this person was close to the ramseys..thats just my opinion...
118k was what JR said JMerrick thought he was owed for getting canned by Access/JR. The ransom ammount, IMO, was meant to point at JM and stall for time. While the police concentrated on JM, JR could better get his chit together.
The ransom amount was no coincidence or asked for by some strange intruder..JR knew exactly who to point at. and made the point of saying he didn't know anyone that mad at him but oh yeah, JM was a threatening maniac when he got the axe.

Since: May 11

AOL

#58 Mar 11, 2013
BrotherMoon wrote:
<quoted text>
Lacking the ability and or willingness to see human behavior for what it is people resort to conspiracy theoris.
Try following actuall evidence and give up the body language stuff.
let's see..body language expert that you are, what does it mean when I extend my middle finger to you?..take your time and then pivot;)
mee

Epsom, UK

#59 Mar 11, 2013
JimmyWells wrote:
Where's the motive? And let's say it was an intruder that wanted to frame the parents. Wouldn't there be several hundred more obvious ways to frame someone than writing a note at the victims house? If this person went to all this trouble why not just plant a collected DNA sample i.e. hair, used kleenex, etc on the body rather than some riduculous note that can't even conclusively lead to the parents? <quoted text>
i didnt say the intruder wanted to frame the parents...i think.it was a kidnapping gone wrong...although taking a piece of paper from the pad and using the pen was a sneaky move...patsy and john would of been clever enough to have thrown the pad away..
mee

Epsom, UK

#60 Mar 11, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
118k was what JR said JMerrick thought he was owed for getting canned by Access/JR. The ransom ammount, IMO, was meant to point at JM and stall for time. While the police concentrated on JM, JR could better get his chit together.
The ransom amount was no coincidence or asked for by some strange intruder..JR knew exactly who to point at. and made the point of saying he didn't know anyone that mad at him but oh yeah, JM was a threatening maniac when he got the axe.
i believe john gave the names of several people he thought were suspects..but who wouldnt if your daughter had been murdered...he didnt just say it was only jm...i think somebody knew that amount and thought it was a greedy bonus...i think they were jelous of the ramseys..
mee

Epsom, UK

#61 Mar 11, 2013
BrotherMoon wrote:
<quoted text>
Lacking the ability and or willingness to see human behavior for what it is people resort to conspiracy theoris.
Try following actuall evidence and give up the body language stuff.
but there isnt enough actual evidence to convict anybody...which is why its unsolved..

Since: May 11

AOL

#63 Mar 11, 2013
mee wrote:
<quoted text>i believe john gave the names of several people he thought were suspects..but who wouldnt if your daughter had been murdered...he didnt just say it was only jm...i think somebody knew that amount and thought it was a greedy bonus...i think they were jelous of the ramseys..
You can believe the killer was "jelous" or anything else you choose. I choose to believe John Ramsey when he named that specific amount as the amount a very angry JM felt was due. JM and the housekeeper were the only names given by JR and PR that day. Both 'suspects' wanted money the Ramsey's obviously didn't want to give.

Since: May 11

AOL

#64 Mar 11, 2013
BrotherMoon wrote:
<quoted text>
That means you lack the ability to see human behavior for what it is and you resort to conspiracy theories. Duh!
This means you're an ass. LOL

Since: May 11

AOL

#66 Mar 11, 2013
BrotherMoon wrote:
I think it is fine to have suspicions, to pay attention to body language and behaviors and use one's intuition. But those things should lead to more conscious discrimination. They should be verified by hard factual evidence through comparative analysis, which is what you fail at.
With this case you are a failure as well as an ass.
Oh, do you think suspicions are fine? How's that pineapple in cream working out for you? LOL
The Truth Hurts

Farmington, MI

#67 Mar 11, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
let's see..body language expert that you are, what does it mean when I extend my middle finger to you?..take your time and then pivot;)
No damn wonder I love you so. LOL
Steve Eller

United States

#69 Mar 11, 2013
mee wrote:
<quoted text>i didnt say the intruder wanted to frame the parents...i think.it was a kidnapping gone wrong...although taking a piece of paper from the pad and using the pen was a sneaky move...patsy and john would of been clever enough to have thrown the pad away..
Since you have made this mistake about a hundred times and now it is getting on my nerves. What do you mean WOULD OF? You meant to write WOULD HAVE? Can we at least agree on that or is proper grammar and writing a matter of interpretation and subject to your opinion as well?

Since: May 11

AOL

#70 Mar 11, 2013
The Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text>
No damn wonder I love you so. LOL
:D likewise Truth!

Since: Oct 08

Grande Prairie, Canada

#71 Mar 11, 2013
Steve Eller wrote:
<quoted text>
If the high from the risk of getting caught was what this "perpetrator" was looking for then they were way too careful with every other aspect of the case. If they wanted to write. If the rasnom note was intended to divert or distract, three pages and a practice note were not only unnecessary but outside the realm of reason.
Sorry, but I don’t understand what you are saying here: If the high from the risk of getting caught was what this "perpetrator" was looking for then they were way too careful with every other aspect of the case.
.

One could argue that 2 and ½ pages of ransom note is too much ransom note. You could say this length was unnecessary and outside the realm of reason. But, this remains true regardless of who wrote it.

One could say that the longer the note the greater the risk of identification. This, too, remains true regardless of who wrote it. Of course, the risk is only real if one is a suspect, and for the Ramseys the risk would have been greatest of all. For someone outside of any reasonable constructed suspect group the risk would be very small, indeed.

So, why is the note so long? I don’t know. One possibility (there are many) is that it made the note appear “hinky.” Just as the unusual ransom demand made the note appear “hinky.”


AK

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ICU2 's Child Trafficking 1 hr ICU2 164
News GLOBE: JonBenet Ramsey Murder Was Inside Job - ... 7 hr berrytea333 24
Why do so many RDI's think Burke did it (Sep '10) 9 hr mystery 691
John Ramsey Role 12 hr gotgum 55
Chief Kolar's AMA on Reddit 15 hr Just Wondering 176
What I believe is close to what happened 16 hr Just Wondering 29
SBTC--Victory Thu Biz 25
More from around the web