Heloise

Wembley, UK

#1148 Aug 17, 2013
Not worth a new thread but The Met now investigating new info regarding Princess Diana's death:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23741483
Heloise

Wembley, UK

#1149 Aug 17, 2013
candy

East Lansing, MI

#1150 Aug 17, 2013
Heloise wrote:
Not worth a new thread but The Met now investigating new info regarding Princess Diana's death:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23741483
I just saw this on CNN. I don't know what to think yet, no one does. Thank you for bringing this here.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1151 Oct 5, 2013
Scotland Yard is taking a comprehensive look at records of every cellphone call from the area at the time. Checking into every number and user, and still holding out hope she is alive.

http://www.google.com/search...
Heloise

UK

#1152 Oct 14, 2013
Lots of fuss about this case in last few days. A man in Manchester has been arrested because he 'confessed' that he had been introduced to Madeleine on an island in the Med just this past summer. Apparently there is some credibility in the story although there has been no news for a day or so.

Elsewhere, the Met has changed the timeline for the abduction and produced an e fit picture of a new suspect. There was a long TV programme this evening about the revised timeline and an appeal for information and apparently hundreds of new tips have resulted from the appeal.

Would like to think this will lead to the truth but three things really stuck in my craw:

1. The Met should stop blaming the Portuguese police for getting the timeline wrong. It was the McCanns and their friends who gave the original timeline.

2. The Prime Minister should stop trying to garner popularity by reminding us at regular intervals that he authorised the expense of the Met investigation.

3. Ben Needham has been missing for over twenty years, having disappeared while on holiday, and his case is rarely mentioned. I would love his poor mum to see some effort put into resolving that case.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#1153 Oct 14, 2013
The Brits have lost their mind over this case. I believe this person they arrested is another Karr type, mentally ill person latching onto a famous case. I believe that about all the "tips" coming in now too. Every time there was a Ramsey crockumentary, they were flooded with BOGUS tips. There's no evidence she's dead, that doesn't mean she's alive.

What happened to their "38 suspects"? Why didn't they whittle down list before even mentioning it? If anyone CREDIBLE ever saw anything, they have had the last 6 years to come forward. I feel for the Portugese and the Portugese police. It's just like Aruba with Natalee Holloway. You get a drunk 18 year old acting recklessly, getting into a car with 3 strangers, and you want to blame the locals and the police? The McCanns were some negligent "parents" who have just trashed the who country of Portugal for no reason. It's their fault their kid is missing, not Portugal's. Just like Aruba, get rid of the McCanns and nothing happened like this since. There have been no credible tips in years, and this politically motivated new investigation is not going to produce anything substantial, IMO.
Heloise

UK

#1154 Oct 15, 2013
The interesting thing is that - outside the readership of certain newspapers - the recent events seem to have hardened public opinion about the McCanns and caused people to look at doubts that were raised all of those years ago. This story, for example, is one of the most read reports in today's papers:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/ma...
Heloise

UK

#1155 Oct 15, 2013
Just read a description of suspect as '20-40 years old, average height and build, brown hair.'

That should flush him out....

“WAX ON”

WAX OFF

#1156 Oct 15, 2013
Are you daft Candy?

Tell that to the girl’s family in Peru and see if they think the Aruban police played it straight. Because of the police and the harboring they did with Joran and his father, not only did Natalee’s murder get covered up, but Joran went on to kill another woman in Peru. I am sure that would make Stephany’s family feel a whole lot better to put the blame on a drunken 18-year old in Aruba except the 21 year old in Peru was their daughter who he grabbed by the neck because she wanted to get away from him, and he killed her.

Aruba Police lied and another girl died needlessly!
How do you feel about rapists Candy? Is it the girl’s fault?
candy wrote:
It's just like Aruba with Natalee Holloway. You get a drunk 18 year old acting recklessly, getting into a car with 3 strangers, and you want to blame the locals and the police?
candy

East Lansing, MI

#1157 Oct 15, 2013
There is and was NO BODY and NO CASE against ANYONE in Aruba. Just a negligent ADULT who WILLINGLY got in the car with 3 men. Every time Joran and the Kalpoe brothers were incarcerated they were let go for lack of evidence. Who said Joran killed Natalee alone? Based on what proof? There was never ANY CASE AT ALL.
There's NO BODY and NO CASE in Portugal either. Just a kid who is missing for six years thanks to her parents negligently leaving her home alone. No real suspects, no nothing. Negligent foreigners whose actions cost Portugal millions.

“WAX ON”

WAX OFF

#1158 Oct 15, 2013
Nice spin - no cigar.
candy wrote:
There is and was NO BODY and NO CASE against ANYONE in Aruba. Just a negligent ADULT who WILLINGLY got in the car with 3 men. Every time Joran and the Kalpoe brothers were incarcerated they were let go for lack of evidence. Who said Joran killed Natalee alone? Based on what proof? There was never ANY CASE AT ALL.
There's NO BODY and NO CASE in Portugal either. Just a kid who is missing for six years thanks to her parents negligently leaving her home alone. No real suspects, no nothing. Negligent foreigners whose actions cost Portugal millions.

Since: May 11

AOL

#1159 Oct 15, 2013
candy wrote:
are you psychotic or Portuguese?

“If life gives you melons”

Since: Nov 06

You might be dyslexic

#1160 Oct 15, 2013
Heloise wrote:
Just read a description of suspect as '20-40 years old, average height and build, brown hair.'
That should flush him out....
Arguably

“If life gives you melons”

Since: Nov 06

You might be dyslexic

#1161 Oct 15, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
are you psychotic or Portuguese?
I would guess Irish so not Portuguese, so

psychotic - FINAL ANSWER! LOL
Heloise

UK

#1162 Oct 15, 2013
Legal__Eagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Arguably
:D

I must say that I haven't followed the McCann case anywhere nearly as closely as the Rmasey case and I haven't really got a theory about what happened. Like most people, I think their leaving three tots unattended was appalling and I think that a welfare family from an inner city sink estate would have probably been crucified if they had done the same thing. I also feel desperately sorry for the Portuguese authorities, not least because of the patronising 'Ok, the big boys are here to sort it all out' attitude indicated by having the Met take over the investigation.

On the other hand, if Madeleine was abducted, Kate and Gerry have paid the price for their mistake in the most heartbreaking manner possible so I couldn't join the ranks of the people calling them vile names on Twitter last night etc.
Heloise

UK

#1163 Oct 15, 2013
>>Rmasey case?! Bang up typing job as usual!
candy

East Lansing, MI

#1164 Oct 15, 2013
Quote: "I also feel desperately sorry for the Portuguese authorities, not least because of the patronising 'Ok, the big boys are here to sort it all out' attitude indicated by having the Met take over the investigation."

This again, is exactly like Aruba. Complaining about the Aruban police, but Faux News and Greta spent a fortune down there coming up with nothing. Those above can sneer, but they can't put together any kind of case that would stick to this day in Aruba that's why it's an open case. The Portugese WISELY closed this case in 2008 and it was the Brits that wanted it back open, so it's all there's, again after all the tabloids in Europe sent the best PI's there for years and THEY all came up with nothing also.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#1165 Oct 20, 2013
Why are the Brits surprised that Portugal, where the crime actually took place, wants nothing to do with the BBC special that aired last week? Portugal closed out the case and released all the evidence in 2008, five long years ago. All this later stuff is UK centered, the Brits trying to show up the Portugese police, saying they botched the case. Portugal doesn't think so, and is giving the Brits plenty of rope. Good luck Metropolitan Police, you'll need it:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madelein...

Also, predictably, just as in the JonBenet Ramsey case, a high profile, network show on the case brings plenty of BAD, USELESS tips:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/vile-trolls-targ...
candy

East Lansing, MI

#1166 Oct 20, 2013
A lot of Brits are sick of the one sided coverage, and only one right "opinion" to express of the story. The McCanns have sued so much that only their version of events is covered in the UK.

Sharon Harris
9:28 PM on 20/10/2013

I think i may have to think about suing for being called a "vile troll". If the McCanns can sue everyone for disagreeing with THEIR WORD of what happened that night why should i be called that name for believing The Police Force over them?? So it all boils down to if you don't believe every conflicting word that the McCanns and their fellow "child bathers", sorry guests put out here than you are a "vile troll". FFS, We are not Sheep!! We do have minds of our own. Not that any of you NEWS papers think that. Every last one of you Editors are cowardly idiots who are too frightened to go with any other reporting of the story other than the McCanns.Why not print the Portuguese Police evidence from start to finish in one story, no one else's opinion or thoughts?. Why not have an interview with Goncalo Amaral and print his side of everything and let the whole of the UK see both sides of this story? You offer us to leave comments so it would be nice of you to answer some of us!! Or are us "vile trolls" not worth the time or effort??

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/vile-trolls-targ...
Follow us:@DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
Heloise

UK

#1167 Oct 24, 2013
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/madel...

I hope it's the Portuguese who resolve this and not the Met. Which probably sounds like treason but you know what I mean..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Media misrepresenting Chief Mark Beckner's remarks 4 hr Legal__Eagle 128
Chief Kolar's AMA on Reddit 5 hr Fr_Brown 105
ICU2 's Child Trafficking 10 hr ICU2 126
Pageants not about beauty 10 hr ICU2 1
I Know You Are Lying by Mark McClish 13 hr Just Wondering 2
Jonbenet Ramsey murderer Sat berrytea333 499
Archived Thread about Paper Bag/Rope (May '07) Mar 24 Mud honey 48
More from around the web