Madelyn McCann
First Prev
of 55
Next Last
Dots

AOL

#1 Aug 13, 2007
You know, I rarely have FOX news on. Its reports are too frightening. However, it was on tonight as I worked in another room.
Today is the 100th day of Maddy going missing in Portugal.
British Investigators were not allowed for 90 days after request.
British police found blood traces, apparently with luminol. The traces, according to the reporter from Portugal, look as those they were wiped blood spots.
The DNA tests results are not known.
The Portuguese police said for the first time that Maddy is probably dead. The reporter said this was in response to the finding of the blood smears.
The reporter said that the tide is beginning to turn against the parents in Portugal. There are awful rumors going round that the parents killed the child, hid her and staged a kidnapping. These rumors are a result of what the police have said, dicussed in paragraph above.
The parents are naturally upset.
The reporter stated that the McCann's alibi - being where they said they were and with whom - is of course, corroborated by witnesses and dinner companions. She said there were minor inconsistentcies in the interviews by police but nothing that would lead anyone to think that the McCann's weren't where they said they were during the kidnapping.
The reporter admitted that the Portuguese police investigation has made no real headway in these 100 days and this could be the reason they are now saying the child is dead and suggesting possible parental involvement. She also admitted that these statements by police Chief may be in response to criticism that Portugal refused admittance to British investigators when the British have the equipment and training that the Portuguese police do not.
If think this is crazy. If I am not mistaken, this is a hotel and if someone bleeds on the wall - the housekeeper will make sure to clean it. Is it possible that this blood smear could be from any one of hundreds of people who have stayed in that hotel room? I think so. So, why on Earth are they saying such things about these people when they do not even have the DNA results on the smears!!!!!
If they must report on the case, can they just say, "blood smears were found on the wall by British Investigators and DNA tests are being conducted" to determine if the blood is related to the kidnapping of Maddy McCann." ????
Then when the tests are done let us know the results.
Keona Wright

Miami, FL

#2 Aug 18, 2007
Today in my complex I saw a little white girl running up the stairs, she was only wearing panties. She was no older then 2. When I got close to her she said something (she didn't speak English) about her mom. The only word I understood was "mom". I guessed she was asking me where her mom was. So I asked which door she lived in, I pointed in all direction but she didn't understand me. So I knocked on each door that had a white family for about 10 minutes. Then when I got to the door that was actually her home, her mother answered the door breathing fast and crying, that lady was going crazy in that place. This instantly reminded me of little Madeline. WHY do parents leave their kids unattended?? Her mother said she walked outside to her car, left the door unlocked and when she returned, the girl was gone. That is SO careless even though it seemed to be a short time. Her mother lives on the first floor, I found this girl on the third floor! Keep in mind she's no older then 2 and had on nothing but panties. I just wish I could run into Madeline or another missing child so easily.
icedtea4me

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Aug 18, 2007
Keona Wright wrote:
Today in my complex I saw a little white girl running up the stairs, she was only wearing panties. She was no older then 2. When I got close to her she said something (she didn't speak English) about her mom. The only word I understood was "mom". I guessed she was asking me where her mom was. So I asked which door she lived in, I pointed in all direction but she didn't understand me. So I knocked on each door that had a white family for about 10 minutes. Then when I got to the door that was actually her home, her mother answered the door breathing fast and crying, that lady was going crazy in that place. This instantly reminded me of little Madeline. WHY do parents leave their kids unattended?? Her mother said she walked outside to her car, left the door unlocked and when she returned, the girl was gone. That is SO careless even though it seemed to be a short time. Her mother lives on the first floor, I found this girl on the third floor! Keep in mind she's no older then 2 and had on nothing but panties. I just wish I could run into Madeline or another missing child so easily.
The mother should have brought her child along with her to the car. I know what you mean about wishing you could run into missing children. You think "If only I had been there, I would have..."
Keona Wright

Miami, FL

#4 Aug 18, 2007
So true..Her mother should be reported to authorities! And I wonder how long she was going to go crazy in that house before she called police.
Keona Wright

Miami, FL

#5 Aug 18, 2007
Also, the blood found in that hotel did not belong to Madeline.
Dots

AOL

#6 Aug 18, 2007
Keona - I appreciate the blood report update. I had not heard. You know, perhaps you did rescue a child - from becomming one of the missing. Who knows what could have happened had the wrong person come along or if she managed to get out of the complex. You were her angel and her mother's angel. I am glad the mother was relieved of her panic and hope she will more diligent in the future.

Icedtea - I totally agree and can not imagine leaving a 2 year old alone at any time, anywhere.

If they are immigrants, legal or not, they may not know what to do and who to call? Is that a possibility?

About 25 years ago, I was driving down a busy 6 lane highway and came upon a toddler on his Big Wheel in the concrete median - cars whizzing by. I screached the brakes, parked my car in the median and grabbed hold of his BW. We crossed 3 lanes of the highway to the nearest apartment complex and I started searching. It was noon lunch hour and most of the residents were at work.

When I found the apartment - they had not noticed he was even gone. Then were too busy arguing. Then instead of being relieved they started yelling at him, spanked him and shut the door in my face. I fled crying. Rednecks!

I honestly believe the child was running away, he wasn't scared of the cars and didn't want to go home.

We did not have all the child protection agencies then. I should have called the police when I found him, instead of just finding his home. This was in the days before cell phones and there was no way I was going to put him in my car and drive to a phone.
Dots

AOL

#7 Aug 18, 2007
As for the McCann's, I am sure they are already beating themselves up over the fact that they left their children alone while they dined with friends.

Whoever took Maddy had seen her before and found out where her parents' room was located and knew that they were out at dinner. Maddy was the target. Either he stalked them, or he got assistance from someone at the hotel. This was no spontaneous act, it was planned.

There have been several reported sightings of the child in several countries. I pray that she is alive and that she will be found soon.
joejam

Chickasha, OK

#8 Aug 18, 2007
This is a typical JonBenet case....I never say never and Stranger things have happened...
To me, this is so sad....so sad......
Just like JonBenet, we will never know......
joejam

Chickasha, OK

#9 Aug 18, 2007
All the Child protection agencies work for the goverment....
Do they not?
What does that tell you?
Dots

AOL

#10 Aug 18, 2007
It tells me that there is too much paper work and not enough feet on the street.
hyper

London, UK

#11 Aug 19, 2007
I urge people to watch this
http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer...

take a look at Gerry(her father) at around 16 seconds when asked the question

I find it very chilling.Most people now believe something is not quite right
koldkase

Fort Benning, GA

#12 Aug 19, 2007
I see nothing questionable in the behavior of the parents. I don't see any inappropriate "smile" by the father, either. He does seem to blink his eyes a lot, but he may be reacting to the bright lights for the videotaped segment, perhaps because he's on medication or has been indoors or working on a computer for long hours. Sometimes my eyes water from looking at the monitor so much when I'm working long hours on it. You really can't judge something like that without knowing the details.

Of course something is "not quite right". A child is missing. Until I see more evidence though, no one seems to know if she's dead or alive. I think she may very well be alive. She's too young to testify against anyone in court. If she's been taken for a pedophile, he migh be keeping her. If she was abducted for a childless couple or to sell for adoption, she may still be alive.

We may or may not ever know. It's too early to give up, though. Remember Elizabeth Smart.
Patricia Fox

Hogansville, GA

#13 Aug 19, 2007
koldkase wrote:
I see nothing questionable in the behavior of the parents. I don't see any inappropriate "smile" by the father, either. He does seem to blink his eyes a lot, but he may be reacting to the bright lights for the videotaped segment, perhaps because he's on medication or has been indoors or working on a computer for long hours. Sometimes my eyes water from looking at the monitor so much when I'm working long hours on it. You really can't judge something like that without knowing the details.
Of course something is "not quite right". A child is missing. Until I see more evidence though, no one seems to know if she's dead or alive. I think she may very well be alive. She's too young to testify against anyone in court. If she's been taken for a pedophile, he migh be keeping her. If she was abducted for a childless couple or to sell for adoption, she may still be alive.
We may or may not ever know. It's too early to give up, though. Remember Elizabeth Smart.
I agree. I see two people that seem to be in a lot of pain. The father actually looks sleep deprived.

I see nothing sinister about this couple at all. Their actually staying on the scene to see this through, speaks highly of them, in my opinion.
Patricia Fox

Hogansville, GA

#14 Aug 19, 2007
Not to mention that they gave up lucrative, I'm sure, medical practices in order to remain near the scene of their daughter's disappearance. To do so with knowledge that she wouldn't be coming back would be IDIOCY.
Dots

AOL

#15 Aug 19, 2007
Nothing about them sets off any hinkey meter for me. I pray that Maddy is still alive, was taken to sell for adoption and is being well taken care of and loved. I pray that the people who have her will see the heartache of her parents and deliver her to a hospital or police station. She can walk in on her own, they can pin a note to her to identify her and drop her off.

KK - I was thinking that last night - Elizabeth Smart. Her parents never doubted for a minute that she was alive and would be returned.
Dee

Mount Holly, NJ

#17 Aug 21, 2007
clever not cleaver (oops)
Dee

Mount Holly, NJ

#20 Aug 21, 2007
I know I sound like a broken record, sorry.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-...

There have also been calls in Portugal to prosecute the pair for leaving their children alone, reports the Daily Express.

Earlier this week, Gerry McCann were forced on the defensive in America when he was grilled on TV about why he left his children alone.

He said: "The kids were sound asleep and they were being checked regularly. We didn't think we needed a babysitter. We are good parents and what we did felt perfectly reasonable at the time."(snip)

Their decision to leave may be due to the Portugal poss. prosecution. Which may make sense.

There was a free babysitting service at the resort and one for a small fee. Why not use a service with your young children?

Again, he indicates no guilt over their actions. Good parents do not leave children unattended - period.
Dee

Mount Holly, NJ

#21 Aug 21, 2007
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...
Madeleine McCann's parents told not to leave

Kate and Gerry McCann last week admitted for the first time they have considered a return to Britain, more than three months after their daughter disappeared in Praia da Luz.

Madeleine McCann
But a senior police source revealed last night that they have advised the McCanns that now is “not the right time” to leave, because of a “change” in the direction of the investigation.

Detectives now believe that abduction is no longer the main lead, and that Madeleine died in the apartment on the night she disappeared.

The source said:“There is nothing to stop the McCanns going home - they are not suspects - but we have told them that it is not good timing because the investigation has changed. It is active now in assuming that Madeleine is dead.”
Ashley

Avondale, AZ

#22 Aug 21, 2007
Oh geez, not another one. The parents had nothing to do with it. She was kidnapped by a pedophile and is probably dead.

Give them a break. Yes, they a huge mistake leaving them unattended while they dined.
It's a very sad situation and they DON'T need people accusing THEM of killing her.

Dots, that must have been hard for you to get over, but you probably saved his life. Some people should NEVER have kids.:(
Dots

AOL

#23 Aug 21, 2007
The Portuguese polise assumed immediately that the blood stains/smears on the wall were from Maddy and that is why they began to say that she is dead and that she was killed in the room before she vanished.

I wonder if they have changed that opinion since the DNA was not a match for Maddy's blood.

They must investigate the parents, we all know that. So get it going and move fast. I am sure the parents will cooperate fully.

Ashley, I still think about that little baby boy and wonder what his life was like with those parents. They were mean, trashy Rednecks. He is about 27 years old now, if he made it through childhood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 55
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JonBenet's dog "Jacques" was two different dogs 10 min Catsy Ramsey 49
News JonBenet Family Attorney: CBS Lawsuit Coming So... 20 min Spraguestephens 53
Irene Pasch weds James d. Ramsey 23 min DedRed 16
The Evil Super Family 1 hr Miz Adventure 194
News Laurence L Smith Releases Updated Version of 'T... (Jul '15) 9 hr Spraguestephens 68
News JonBenet Ramsey Investigator -- My Theory Burke... 10 hr Spraguestephens 201
old on Oliva - where is he now?? (Aug '09) 12 hr candy 71
Why would the Ramsey's do so many stupid things... 20 hr DedRed 352
More from around the web