Grand Jury Testimony - Boulder

Posted in the JonBenet Ramsey Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Right on The Money

New York, NY

#1 Mar 23, 2009
Here is an interesting article on the UNAVAILABILITY OF GRAND JURY TESTIMONY IN BOULDER:

Ramsey housekeeper cannot discuss grand jury testimony in book

Aug. 8, 2003 -- A Colorado law making it illegal for a witness to publicly discuss her own testimony before a grand jury "until and unless an indictment or report is issued," does not violate the First Amendment, the U.S. Court of Appeals in Denver (10th Cir.) ruled on Aug. 6.

The decision means that Linda Hoffman-Pugh, a former housekeeper for murdered child JonBenet Ramsey's family, cannot discuss her testimony in a book she is writing about her experiences with the family before and after the 1996 murder. The decision overturns a federal district judge's decision that the law was unconstitutional. The long-running investigation into the murder has produced no indictments yet.

The appellate court distinguished this case from a previous U.S. Supreme Court case that struck down Florida's grand jury secrecy law. The court noted that the Colorado law did not interfere with Hoffman-Pugh's right to discuss any facts or information she knew before she testified, but barred her only from revealing what actually transpired during the grand jury hearing or other information she learned during the grand jury process.

In Butterworth v. Smith, "the Florida statute specifically precluded disclosing the 'gist or import' of the testimony, which clearly emcompassed the substance of the knowledge the grand jury witness had before entering the grand jury process," the appellate court ruled.

The court added that any harm to Hoffman-Pugh was lessened because she would be able to discuss her testimony once the criminal investigation was complete, and because she could petition a state court for a determination that secrecy is no longer required.

The day after the decision, a lawyer for the housekeeper told The Associated Press that she would publish the book with 32 blank pages where her discussion of her testimony would have been. The lawyer would not disclose who the publisher of the book is, but said it was scheduled for publication next spring.

Hoffman-Pugh previously had sued JonBenet's parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, over a statement about her in their own book -- that Patsy Ramsey had told police the housekeeper had been acting strangely at the time of the child's disappearance. That case was dismissed last year.
Right on The Money

New York, NY

#2 Mar 23, 2009
I don't recall an indictment being issued in this case.

I wish Shill would provide us all with the Grand Jury testimony of Burke Ramsey, which he tells us all to refer to when he says JonBenet ate the pineapple with her hands.

Logan, pay attention here - it is interesting how this brilliant one, as you say, can find the Grand Jury testimony. Me thinks he doth bs too much.
Right on The Money

New York, NY

#3 Mar 23, 2009
In case you missed it Logan:

Shill wrote:
<quoted text>

-JB ate the pineapple by herself with her fingers after her routine midnight pee.(See Burkes Grand Jury statement about leaving the pineapple out)
koldkase

Athens, GA

#4 Mar 23, 2009
Shill said that? Could you link to his statement?

Gosh, does this mean that BURKE WAS AWAKE AND WITH JONBENET, WHO WAS EATING PINEAPPLE, AT MIDNIGHT?

Good to know....

Seems important....

VERY.
koldkase

Athens, GA

#5 Mar 23, 2009
Okay, I found the quotes, I have asked shill for information on his claims...but he seems to be avoiding us.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#6 Mar 23, 2009
I'm sure Team Scamsey have a transcript of Burke's testimony from Burke's lawyer, and it was passed to Shill. It's just not publicly available. It sounds like something Jameson would do.

Colorado has one of the most onerous grand jury laws in the country. If you recall in the Monica Lewinsky case in DC, people walked of the grand jury after testifying, and went right in front of the cameras, saying what they testified to.
icedtea4me

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Mar 23, 2009
koldkase wrote:
Okay, I found the quotes, I have asked shill for information on his claims...but he seems to be avoiding us.
For anyone else who wants verification of this, it is in post #642 in the "Boulder, CO police regain lead role" thread.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/jonbenet-rams...
shill

Sherman Oaks, CA

#8 Mar 23, 2009
Right on The Money wrote:
I wish Shill would provide us all with the Grand Jury testimony of Burke Ramsey, which he tells us all to refer to when he says JonBenet ate the pineapple with her hands.
Don't put your lies on me. You posted the quote you cow, and yet like everything else with you, you can't get your facts right.
shill

Sherman Oaks, CA

#9 Mar 23, 2009
koldkase wrote:
Shill said that? Could you link to his statement?
Gosh, does this mean that BURKE WAS AWAKE AND WITH JONBENET, WHO WAS EATING PINEAPPLE, AT MIDNIGHT?
Good to know....
Seems important....
VERY.
How many threads are you going to hound this question with?

Gosh, it means your an idiot if you think it meant "BURKE WAS AWAKE AND WITH JONBENET, WHO WAS EATING PINEAPPLE, AT MIDNIGHT?
shill

Sherman Oaks, CA

#10 Mar 23, 2009
Right on The Money wrote:
In case you missed it Logan:
Shill wrote:
<quoted text>
-JB ate the pineapple by herself with her fingers after her routine midnight pee.(See I said, "Burkes Grand Jury statement about leaving the pineapple out)
What another sickening attempt to pander to Login by lying to her by changing my quote.
shill

Sherman Oaks, CA

#11 Mar 23, 2009
icedtea4me wrote:
<quoted text>
For anyone else who wants verification of this, it is in post #642 in the "Boulder, CO police regain lead role" thread.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/jonbenet-rams...
Thanks for posting that tea, at least the posters don't have to listen to all you idiots trying to twist what I said into something I did not say.

P.S., when will you RDI ever learn that spewing you idiotic interpretations over and over of what someone said or how they moved their head or formed their mouth, isn't going to fool anyone but the small minded into believing it.
shill

Sherman Oaks, CA

#12 Mar 23, 2009
If you want to know if Burke left the pineapple out, then read his Grand Jury statement.

Patsy and John are both on public record as not leaving the pineapple out.

If you have public records showing Burke stated he did not leave the pineapple out, then prove it.

Otherwise the answer is sealed in his GJ testimony.

That's the Grand Jury that didn't find enough proof to make a case against the Rs, and yet the RLM (formely RDI) claims there is a ton of evidence to convict them.
New evidence surfaces, and yet the same old RLM record broken in time playing over and over.
Right on The Money

New York, NY

#13 Mar 24, 2009
shill wrote:
<quoted text>What another sickening attempt to pander to Login by lying to her by changing my quote.
I think everyone can read Shill. Under the thread "Boulder ...." No. 642, Shill writes:

So let me go on record for those who don't know me from the several years of posting about this case.

-I have never believed in a stun gun use.
-JB ate the pineapple by herself with her fingers after her routine midnight pee.(See Burkes Grand Jury statement about leaving the pineapple out)
Right on The Money

New York, NY

#14 Mar 24, 2009
shill wrote:
If you want to know if Burke left the pineapple out, then read his Grand Jury statement.
Patsy and John are both on public record as not leaving the pineapple out.
If you have public records showing Burke stated he did not leave the pineapple out, then prove it.
Otherwise the answer is sealed in his GJ testimony.
That's the Grand Jury that didn't find enough proof to make a case against the Rs, and yet the RLM (formely RDI) claims there is a ton of evidence to convict them.
New evidence surfaces, and yet the same old RLM record broken in time playing over and over.
Looks like Shill has been swilling again. He contradicts himself and tells us to READ the SEALED GRAND JURY TESTIMONY.
koldkase

Athens, GA

#15 Mar 24, 2009
Interesting. Now the Ramsey shill is telling us to prove Burke didn't say something.

We're supposed to check shill's source, where Burke is allegedly documented to have said he put the bowl of pineapple out in grand jury testimony. Any fool can see the problem, since we've pointed this out to shill two dozen times now: no one on the forums or in the general public has EVER said they have seen or read a transcript of the grand jury testimony. Only shill refers to it non-stop, ignoring the obvious and calling us stupid for not reading a sealed document.

So is shill LYING about seeing that grand jury testimony in the sealed document? If so, I'm thinking that someone he won't name TOLD him that Burke said told the grand jury he put the bowl of pineapple out.

Shill, in true RST fashion, won't just be straight up about the info because he knows there are a lot of holes in his story. This is exactly how the Ramseys acted with LE from DAY ONE of this investigation, which as everyone can see certainly comes across as being misleading and evasive. Certainly not the actions of someone who is looking for the truth. Good demonstration, shill.
cyberpoop

United States

#16 Mar 24, 2009
Right on The Money wrote:
<quoted text>
I think everyone can read Shill. Under the thread "Boulder ...." No. 642, Shill writes:
So let me go on record for those who don't know me from the several years of posting about this case.
-I have never believed in a stun gun use.
-JB ate the pineapple by herself with her fingers after her routine midnight pee.(See Burkes Grand Jury statement about leaving the pineapple out)
Hi Right,
I have no particular opinion on the stungun issue, not enough information. I'd like to know why you don't believe it was used. Thanks.
shill

Sherman Oaks, CA

#17 Mar 24, 2009
Right on The Money wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like Shill has been swilling again. He contradicts himself and tells us to READ the SEALED GRAND JURY TESTIMONY.
If I was swilling, at least I have an excuse.

Seems like you dumb azz has is seeing things that doesn't exist, just like you do all the time when accusing the Ramseys of guilt, so typical.

How is telling you to read the "SEALED GRAND JURY TESTIMONY" a contradiction of anything? That just makes absolutely no sense. It's like you don't even know what the word contradiction means.
shill

Sherman Oaks, CA

#18 Mar 24, 2009
koldkase wrote:
Interesting. Now the Ramsey shill is telling us to prove Burke didn't say something.
First of all, that big hot bag of gas blowing wind ROTM has posted several post stating "Burke is not telling us something".

And second, there is nothing in the public records stating that Burke did not put the bowl of pineapple out, so you can't rule that out.

Now, if you read the GJ testimony of Burke, you would know if it could or still couldn't be ruled out. End of story.

Again, your attempts to trap me in a lie like you try and do with the Ramsey's testimony to paint them as liars and discredit them, is getting f*cking old and obnoxious.

You seriously discredit anything you post with that idiot speak.
Capricorn

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Mar 25, 2009
shill wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, that big hot bag of gas blowing wind ROTM has posted several post stating "Burke is not telling us something".
And second, there is nothing in the public records stating that Burke did not put the bowl of pineapple out, so you can't rule that out.
Now, if you read the GJ testimony of Burke, you would know if it could or still couldn't be ruled out. End of story.
Again, your attempts to trap me in a lie like you try and do with the Ramsey's testimony to paint them as liars and discredit them, is getting f*cking old and obnoxious.
You seriously discredit anything you post with that idiot speak.
Okay Shill, I see your logic has everyone ELSE having to prove a negative to refute you. We'll do it your way:

BURKE STATED IN HIS GJ TESTIMONY that his mother and father were up all night while he stayed in his bed. He heard their voices and panicked crying. He snuck out of bed and watched his mother writing at the table while his father stood over her, telling her what to write. He heard the two of them going back up and down from the basement while his mother wept.

Now PROVE he DIDN'T say that in his GJ testimony!

“If life gives you melons”

Since: Nov 06

You might be dyslexic

#20 Mar 25, 2009
Capricorn wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay Shill, I see your logic has everyone ELSE having to prove a negative to refute you. We'll do it your way:
BURKE STATED IN HIS GJ TESTIMONY that his mother and father were up all night while he stayed in his bed. He heard their voices and panicked crying. He snuck out of bed and watched his mother writing at the table while his father stood over her, telling her what to write. He heard the two of them going back up and down from the basement while his mother wept.
Now PROVE he DIDN'T say that in his GJ testimony!
Excellent! I can't wait for the answer even though it will be dotted with expletives and degrading comments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Note attends lectures at Duquesne University 6 hr Popeye 20
Jeffrey MacDonald Is Guilty (Sep '08) 6 hr Bunny 7,488
Note-odd detail? 21 hr Note 1,216
Suspect John Steven Gigax (Apr '11) Mon JimmyWells 147
Wine cellar door...many questions Oct 18 Blackstone Again 13
Fleet, Priscilla White denied official Ramsey e... (Jan '14) Oct 17 candy 198
Jonbenet's "Secret Santa..." Oct 17 Legal__Eagle 65

JonBenet Ramsey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE