Indigo

Scarborough, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2007

I do believe John Douglas is confessing! To knowing the Ramseys did it, that is...the following case has too many similarites to the Ramsey case to ignore. Ah, the subconcious mind. Note also that just before this subject is introduced, John Douglas mentions being hired for the OJ case. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. Talk amongst yourselves!:)

Take the 1980 murder of Linda Dover in Carterville, Ga. Recently divorced, Dover was found in the crawl space of her husband's home, wrapped in a blanket, pants down, manually strangled and stabbed with a kitchen knife.

Enter CSI: UVSC.

"The first suspect is always the husband," a student yelled from the balcony.

"Tell me why it was the husband," Douglas challenged back.

"The murderer had to know the house so he could stuff her in this crawl space," another student surmised. "Plus, manual strangulation means a close relationship."

"Nice, but give me more," Douglas says, casting a shadow over the PowerPoint slideshow photo of the bloody body. "Why wouldn't he leave her upstairs, where he killed her? Why cover it up?"

"The boy, he didn't want the boy to see what he had done."

And just like that, case closed. Dover's husband had murdered his ex-wife, pulled down her pants to stage a sexual assault, and stuffed the body in the crawl space to avoid his little boy's eyes.

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/20728...
Patricia Fox

Sharpsburg, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2007

Indigo wrote:
I do believe John Douglas is confessing! To knowing the Ramseys did it, that is...the following case has too many similarites to the Ramsey case to ignore. Ah, the subconcious mind. Note also that just before this subject is introduced, John Douglas mentions being hired for the OJ case. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. Talk amongst yourselves!:)
Take the 1980 murder of Linda Dover in Carterville, Ga. Recently divorced, Dover was found in the crawl space of her husband's home, wrapped in a blanket, pants down, manually strangled and stabbed with a kitchen knife.
"The murderer had to know the house so he could stuff her in this crawl space," another student surmised. "Plus, manual strangulation means a close relationship."
"Nice, but give me more," Douglas says, casting a shadow over the PowerPoint slideshow photo of the bloody body. "Why wouldn't he leave her upstairs, where he killed her? Why cover it up?"
And just like that, case closed. Dover's husband had murdered his ex-wife, pulled down her pants to stage a sexual assault, and stuffed the body in the crawl space to avoid his little boy's eyes.
I read this also today and thought it VERY INTERESTING...

Also, John Douglas was soundly criticized by many other FBI agents for his opinions on this case.
Patricia Fox

Sharpsburg, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2007

Patricia Fox wrote:
<quoted text>I read this also today and thought it VERY INTERESTING...
Also, John Douglas was soundly criticized by many other FBI agents for his opinions on this case.
JonBenet case, of course, is the one I am referring too about his being criticized by fellow FBI profilers.
Autumn

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2007

Patricia Fox wrote:
<quoted text>JonBenet case, of course, is the one I am referring too about his being criticized by fellow FBI profilers.
And, he still stands by his opinion.... He believes the Ramsey's are innocent... You should read the cases that haunt us... He gives the parent's did it scenario's a try......:0)

The other profilers were basing their opinions on speculation J. Douglas was the only one who actually interviewed the Ramsey's and didn't just buy into the BPD theory without any evidence to support it.... There still isn't any evidence to support a case against the Ramsey's....

“If life gives you melons”

Since: Nov 06

You might be dyslexic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2007

Autumn wrote:
<quoted text>
J. Douglas was the only one who actually interviewed the Ramsey's and didn't just buy into the BPD theory without any evidence to support it....
Why, when he is adamant about interviewing multiple witnesses separately, did he break his own rule and interview the Ramseys together? I think he compromised what he believes in as a profiler.
Indigo

Scarborough, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2007

Autumn wrote:
<quoted text>
And, he still stands by his opinion.... He believes the Ramsey's are innocent... You should read the cases that haunt us... He gives the parent's did it scenario's a try......:0)
The other profilers were basing their opinions on speculation J. Douglas was the only one who actually interviewed the Ramsey's and didn't just buy into the BPD theory without any evidence to support it.... There still isn't any evidence to support a case against the Ramsey's....
I've read all of John Douglas' profiling books and own two of them, inlcuding "The Cases That Haunt Us." From that, I can see that JD hasn't followed his own rules with the Ramsey case. On his forum, I read that he is going on gut with this one, and that's his right.
Victory

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2007

Autumn wrote:
<quoted text>
At the same time, a Boulder jury did not indict anyone for lack of evidence, and a federal judge ruled that the evidence pointed toward an intruder. Here we have an experienced profiler in John Douglas, a local jury, and a federal judge who indicate an intruder murdered JonBenét, and posters who disregard these judgements all together. Just doesn't make sense to me. If some of those RDI theorists would take time to go down another road, we just might find justice here.
Kimberly

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2007

Indigo wrote:
I won't criticize John Douglas for taking money to 'profile' for John Ramsey until I know that no other profiler has ever 'profiled' for a murder suspect before. I have never heard of this, but maybe it's done all the time? Any info on that?
How much does John Douglas cost?
Indigo

Scarborough, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2007

Kimberly wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't criticize John Douglas for taking money to 'profile' for John Ramsey until I know that no other profiler has ever 'profiled' for a murder suspect before. I have never heard of this, but maybe it's done all the time? Any info on that?
Harlan Wittenstein, Wittenstein & Associates, Brooklyn, N.Y.
I had a premises liability case where my client was raped by a burglar who entered through a window with a broken lock. The broken lock was not in contention. However, the defense hired a former FBI profiler who testified that the defendant was such a sociopath that he would have entered through the window even if it were not broken. So I hired his boss, also a former FBI profiler, who refuted his entire testimony and claimed that the defendant's expert's testimony was too speculative because the rapist had never even been arrested and interviewed.
http://www.verdictsearch.com/jv3_verdictsearc...
Indigo

Scarborough, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2007

Kimberly wrote:
<quoted text>
My earlier post is all I can come up with. I can't find anything about profiling for a murder suspect...is this a first? I sincerly doubt most murder suspects can afford his fee.
Indigo

Scarborough, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2007

Focus was not on Patsy

Shorty II from Michigan: Mr. Douglas, thank you for chatting with us. Can you tell us if you are still employed by the Ramsey family? Has working with this particular case in any way modified the profiles that you have defined during your career?

John Douglas: I haven't had contact with the Ramsey attorneys for approximately nine months. I still believe that this is a crime where the perpetrator knows the family as well as the victim very well. My focus when I was in Boulder, Colorado, was primarily on John Ramsey, because I was told there was evidence of semen found on her clothing. As a result, after a four-to-five hour interview with John Ramsey, I did not believe that the criteria were present that I've seen in other cases where parents, particularly a father, has killed his child. In as much as my focus was not on Patsy Ramsey, I can not state whether or not she possibly could have been involved in the homicide. I'm not saying that I believe she possibly is a suspect but that my focus never was on her during the first week of January 1997.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/i...
Kimberly

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2007

Indigo wrote:
<quoted text>
Harlan Wittenstein, Wittenstein & Associates, Brooklyn, N.Y.
I had a premises liability case where my client was raped by a burglar who entered through a window with a broken lock. The broken lock was not in contention. However, the defense hired a former FBI profiler who testified that the defendant was such a sociopath that he would have entered through the window even if it were not broken. So I hired his boss, also a former FBI profiler, who refuted his entire testimony and claimed that the defendant's expert's testimony was too speculative because the rapist had never even been arrested and interviewed.
http://www.verdictsearch.com/jv3_verdictsearc...
Thank you Indigo:D LOL about the profiler's assessment, he was worth every dime. How much do they cost?
Autumn

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2007

Victory wrote:
<quoted text>
At the same time, a Boulder jury did not indict anyone for lack of evidence, and a federal judge ruled that the evidence pointed toward an intruder. Here we have an experienced profiler in John Douglas, a local jury, and a federal judge who indicate an intruder murdered JonBenét, and posters who disregard these judgements all together. Just doesn't make sense to me. If some of those RDI theorists would take time to go down another road, we just might find justice here.
I agree...:0)

If anyone in LE had the evidence against the Ramsey's that the RDI's seem to think they do... I have to wonder why Burke was allowed to remain in their custody... It would have been very easy to remove him before the case went to the grand jury... It's strange that nobody at the BPD even tried to protect him from such evil people who would do such a thing to their youngest and most defenseless daughter... Of course they would have needed to back up their request to remove Burke with proof that the Ramsey's did this...... So I guess we all know why Burke remained in their custody without a fight or even a suggestion from the BPD or child protective services that he be removed...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the JonBenet Ramsey Forum right now

Search the JonBenet Ramsey Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atlanta attorney Lin Wood hired to defend Cain (Nov '11) 1 hr grt 2
Before I Die 7 hr Legal__Eagle 4
Note-odd detail? 15 hr Note 208
Snow Prints? 21 hr Detective Xyitech 30
Jonbenet's "Secret Santa..." 22 hr JBI_fan 22
I know what really happened to JoneBEnnet 23 hr Just Wondering 62
Sid Wells mother complains (Mar '08) Sun Rupert 25
•••
•••