Patsy's Ritual Abuse of JonBenet

Posted in the JonBenet Ramsey Forum

First Prev
of 36
Next Last
jahazafat

Troy, ID

#1 Oct 14, 2008
For those who have no clue... Just do a simple internet search on bleaching hair at home and read the horror.

This is what Patsy subjected JonBenet to every 6 weeks or so from the time she 4 until her death. Any mother that would do this is uncaring and worse... Patsy did this to basically cheat in pageants and make JonBenet more attractive in her mind than she thought she was as a brunette.

This isn't a process a child would actively particpate in. It isn't a 15 minute activity.

"Essentially the chemistry involved in bleaching relies on the interaction of a developer (with an oxidizing agent, normally hydrogen peroxide) and an alkalizing agent. When the mixture is applied to the hair, it raises the scales of the outer layer of the hair shafts. Once past this outer layer, the cuticle, the alkalizing agent (generally in concert with a tint) combines with the hydrogen peroxide and diffuses into the cortex or central portion of the hair shaft.

The melanin responsible for hair color is found inside the cortex. The bleaching chemicals break down the melanin and replaces it with the new color represented by the accompanying tinting agent. The new color will remain in the hair shaft until growth occurs (usually six to twelve weeks) and for this reason, bleaching hair is considered one of the permanent hair dying methods

"Preparing the mixture: Generally instructions are written on the kit. Read them carefully. To prepare the mixture start with adding little hydrogen peroxide (provided in the kit) to the powder bleach. Stir it well. Then add some more peroxide. Make sure that you do not add lot of it. This little by little mixing is essential for good result. Make sure that it is neither too runny nor too thick. Tightly close the bleach powder after use. It should not come in contact with air or else it will become less influential.

Applying the bleach: First prepare yourself for the bleaching. Wear your plastic gloves and tie a towel on your neck that you don't mind ruining. Now you are all set for the bleaching. Take the supplied brush in your hand. Dip it in the solution and then start from the back of your head. Then from the back of the head move the brush to the top. With the help of the brush evenly distribute the mixture. Work as quickly as possible so that you can distribute it evenly on your head before it gets tougher. Once you have applied the solution put on the plastic cap on your head. Do make sure that you keep the solution on your head for appropriate time. Keeping it for a short time won't give you result and keeping it for more than required time will burn your hair and may result into breakage and hair loss. After you rinse all the bleach off your hair use a mild shampoo to ensure that no chemicals are left on hair. After the bleaching process moisturizing hair is must since bleaching dries hair. If you are not satisfied by the bleaching result do not re- bleach the hair same day. Wait for at least 2-3 days or take help from experts.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
koldkase

Athens, GA

#2 Oct 14, 2008
I've bleached my hair in the past, Jahazafat. I've had it highlighted. It's HORRIBLE on the nasal passages and eyes, not to mention, tender skin around your face.

Most professional hair colorists won't do children. How much do you think Patsy had to pay, and who did she find, to get JonBenet's hair so blonde before she was six?

Oh, and putting in and taking out hair extensions...what's that like? JonBenet had plenty when she had that "big hair".

This poor child was tortured long before the night she died. But it was all good pageant fun, right?
Right On The Money

New York, NY

#3 Oct 14, 2008
koldkase wrote:
I've bleached my hair in the past, Jahazafat. I've had it highlighted. It's HORRIBLE on the nasal passages and eyes, not to mention, tender skin around your face.
Most professional hair colorists won't do children. How much do you think Patsy had to pay, and who did she find, to get JonBenet's hair so blonde before she was six?
Oh, and putting in and taking out hair extensions...what's that like? JonBenet had plenty when she had that "big hair".
This poor child was tortured long before the night she died. But it was all good pageant fun, right?
Yeah, it was a once in a while type thing. I think we calculated the time she had to spend on these once in a while type things on CL and it amounted to she was practicing for pageants more than two weeks out of the month at least, every day, going to school, fittings, practice, going to the pageant and lets not forget the physical changes necessary for this once in a while type thing. She was 4 when she started. Sounds like great fun. Just great fun.
Right On The Money

New York, NY

#4 Oct 14, 2008
Little Miss Sunshine had some real contestants in the movie. The one from the Phillipines was downright frightening all 3 feet of her. If you met her in the middle of the night, it would require a tranquilizer to the continue on with the evening.
jahazafat

Portage, MI

#5 Oct 14, 2008
I can't imagine why nobody spoke up on behalf of JonBenet... a little 6 year... were people that afraid of patsy?

How dumb was the pediatrician she saw every few weeks for sinus problems and vaginal irritation. The bleached hair was staring him in the face and he saw no connection? Wasn't he supposed to be a rocket scientist?
Nelly

AOL

#6 Oct 14, 2008
jahazafat wrote:
I can't imagine why nobody spoke up on behalf of JonBenet... a little 6 year... were people that afraid of patsy?
How dumb was the pediatrician she saw every few weeks for sinus problems and vaginal irritation. The bleached hair was staring him in the face and he saw no connection? Wasn't he supposed to be a rocket scientist?
Hey Jaz, yeah he was supposed to be a rocket scientist, literally. I read that he quit that around age 40 and set out to become a pediatrician....cut to meeting JR on the golf course, and the fact that he was "right down the street", and JR said they "had a good health plan", Dr Beuf turned into 'Dr Fronk', the only doctor with a healthy patient he's had the pleasure to see 31 times!
Shill

Van Nuys, CA

#7 Oct 15, 2008
Wow, it's nice to see such European women posting here that don't wear any make up or shave their legs or armpits or any of those cruel things.

Figures it's only legal to bleach hair in the USA where acts of torture are allowed.

You all must be ugly as hell but at least your teaching your daughters a valuable lesson.

Once every 42 days of a torture process is so evil.
If she did that consistently poor JonBenet would have to suffer more then 8 days a year.

Maybe George Bush should put Patsy on his Evil Do-er list.
Capricorn

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Oct 15, 2008
Shill, let me provide you with a lesson in what women do besides the sorts of things you are accustomed to posting on the internet.

Women, all over the world use make up and bleach their hair all different colors, shades, etc.

NOBODY who is a good parent would bleach the hair of a 6 year old, actually younger when it started. It is against best practice and good health practice to do so.

Here in the USA,(I won't speak for other countries), NOBODY that I asked in my salon, nor others, would bleach the hair of a young child of that age. They only consider some "highlighting" of young girls over the age of 12-13.

You weren't around when this was a major discussion here amongst the IDI, myself and Jahazafat, and I asked various salon owners IF they would bleach the hair of a six year old. THEY ALL SAID NO!

I then challenged the posters, Ashley in particular, who all accepted the challenge to ask their beauticians and salons IF they would bleach the hair of a six year old girl. After all the hooplah, NOBODY ever responded. I have no doubt Ashley and the others at the time ASKED, but NOT ONE SINGLE IDI poster EVER responded, even after being so very active on the forum on this issue, claiming it isn't such a terrible thing to bleach JBR's hair.

So what that says is that not only IS IT IMPROPER AND POOR CARE as well as a health issue to bleach the hair of a six year old girl, but nobody had the adult maturity to come back to the boards to show us the FACTS that salons WILL do it, nor the dignity to admit they would NOT.

So much for the IDI spinners and the TRUTH

But feel free to take that challenge to any forum you like and see the responses, if any, you get.

You DO NOT bleach the hair of a young little girl for so many reasons that I feel ridiculous having to actually explain that!
jahazafat

Troy, ID

#9 Oct 15, 2008
I'd challenge Shrill to buy a kit to see what it entails but she doesn't seem like the kind of person that would have extra play money for such an endeavor.

The kits come with adult sized caps so how did Patsy improvise and make it fit a child's size head. If it was too big chances are JonBenet would get chemical burns on her neck and face.... you know like the unexplained splotch on her jaw... lets see them test a piggy with that. Pam Paugh may know the process Patsy used and she should have been questioned about this... and the items she took from the crime scene as well.

http://www.geocities.com/pinker44

It's such a phenomenon that a six year old would have their hair routinely bleached; pediatric medical literature wouldn't have addressed the issue. JonBenetís doctor was not much of a clinician for missing her repeated exposure to the hair chemicals as the probable cause for both her chronic sinusitis and vaginal irritations. Having a degree in Rocket Science and Medicine must have meant he was a jack-of-all-trades and master of none. Or perhaps he only got into the degree programs to fill quotas.

Taking baths the next week after the bleaching of JonBenetís hair would have gotten residual chemicals into the bath water causing all kinds of irritation. Mix the residue with the chemicals in bubble bath and itís a toxic soup. JonBenetís hair would not have remained dry in the tub. Kids swim in the tub and this water play is an important part of development.

It is not normal to alter your childís appearance. JonBenet went through the last years of her life wearing a mask. The self-image and ego are in delicate stages of development. Far worse than the physical pain JonBenet suffered in the process of her mother bleaching her hair was the psychological ramifications. Her mother didnít accept or love her as is... She wasnít good enough as is... She was imperfectÖ It is so deep and profound few will be able to understand without training in early childhood development or psychological studies.

The Ramsey defenders love to turn the cheek on this one and actually support Patsy for doing this to JonBenet. They support this as a wonderful acitivy for mother and daughter to share but having your hair bleached is not something a six year old would volunteered to do.
Shill

Van Nuys, CA

#10 Oct 15, 2008
Capricorn wrote:
Shill, let me provide you with a lesson in what women do besides the sorts of things you are accustomed to posting on the internet.
Women, all over the world use make up and bleach their hair all different colors, shades, etc.

You DO NOT bleach the hair of a young little girl for so many reasons that I feel ridiculous having to actually explain that!
It's the same argument that you conservative freaks make about how wrong it is putting kids in beauty pageants "for all the so many reasons that I feel ridiculous having to actually explain that!"

You and your small poll of people are boring freaks. Maybe if you knew some cool hip people you wouldn't be such a dud.
Lots of people wouldn't pierce a six year old girls ears either, but six year old girls do get their ears pierced.

JonBenet's hair was lightened, not bleached, and only a few times a year, not every six weeks.

But besides the truth, are you saying a mother who lightens her 6 year old daughter's hair will also murder her, but a mother who lightens her 13 year old daughter hair will not?
Shill

Van Nuys, CA

#11 Oct 15, 2008
Capricorn wrote:
And what is it that I am accustomed to posting that women do?

Or is this another typical hollow accusation with out basis meant to attack the messenger because you have no credible responses for the message?
jahazafat

Troy, ID

#12 Oct 15, 2008
JonBenet showed up every six weeks or so at the pediatricianís office with either a sinus complaint or vaginal problems. This does concede with schedule or time frame for hair bleaching.
jahazafat

Troy, ID

#13 Oct 15, 2008
Her pediatrician Dr Beuf; at some point locked JonBenet's medical records in a safety deposit box and what has happened to them since is unclear. I donít think they made it to the Grand Jury. He's likely embarrassed for missing in 23 visits or so the 'root' cause of JonBenet's chronic sinus problems. The chemical dangers are so blatant warnings are right on the box. He should not be practicing medicine.

Children are delicate. Their size and unique state of growing makes exposure to many things far more dangerous than comparable exposure in an adult body. Caffeine and lead come to mind but these are known for problems because they are common. Hair bleaching chemicals are not something 4-6 year olds are routinely exposed to.

Since: Jul 08

North Carolina

#14 Oct 15, 2008
J,

I agree that a mom shouldn't change her child's appearance. This sends a message to a child that she is unacceptably ugly, is a reclamation project and needs a remodel to be acceptable. JB was crying about being ugly at the Whites' party, so I assume Patsy's message was received.

Breathing in chemicals, even mild hydrogen peroxide or strong type such as benzol peroxide, which is the main ingredient in a top TV-advertised acne treatment that actually works, might irritate the sinuses for those prone to it.

Bleaching the hair has not burned beyond tingling, except for those highly allergic to chemicals, since back in 1968 in the summer blonde surfer girl era. Now if you're talking PERMANENTS or hair straighteners - those burn like h*ll.

If you think extensions are child abuse, look at those poor kids who undergo braids. But I don't think cops are ready to arrest half of the African American population for making their poor kids sit through hours of braiding once every two or three months. Those are the kids who have to sit for hours and have their scalps pulled.

I'm sure that JB liked to be in pageants once in a while and show off, since most kids like to show off a bit. But when she enjoyed one, I doubt poor JB knew how far her mom would take it.

Pageants can be torture for kids, just as child actors say the long hours, parents and directors screaming at them to practice lines, the missed play-time and thoughts of having not to fail, can screw up a kid's head.

I don't think Patsy bleached her kid's hair Christmas night or any other. Patsy didn't do anything she couldn't hire out, except shop. The pageant circuit knows which hairdressers do kids' pageant hair, just as they know how to find seamstresses to make pageant dresses and which dentists to make false teeth to hide gaping smiles when baby teeth fall out. It's a little industry.

Since: Jul 08

North Carolina

#15 Oct 15, 2008
About the doctor:

It's known that women who undergo physical traumas/sicknesses attach emotionally to doctors. Some do so romantically.

Is it possible that Patsy had a crush on her rocket scientist doc friend, the pediatrician who prescribed his ADULT patient with anti-anxiety pills, and she used JB's bed-wetting as an excuse to go see him? Would not Patsy have talked about herself more at these visits than JB, about her illness, about how JB's bed-wetting may be related to separation in their illness (as opposed to stress from pageants and just being a kid who sleeps deeply and needs pull-ups and many do?) and so these sessions became the Patsy Ramsey Show rather than about JB at all?

Bringing this up gingerly, just saying Patsy was health sensitive about herself.
jahazafat

Troy, ID

#16 Oct 15, 2008
lucyd wrote:
Bleaching the hair has not burned beyond tingling, except for those highly allergic
Your perception of 'tingling' may be entirely different to a child. Their nervous system is still developing and pain perception is not mature. Itís likely you believe an injection is nothing more than a pinprick when to a child itís as though somebody is drilling a gapping hole in their person.

I challenge any Ramsey defender to bleach the hair of one of their daughters between the ages of 4-6 with similar original hair color and length and put the unedited video up on the internet. I think Jamseon has a granddaughter thatís rip for the picking.

It will never happen.
Capricorn

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Oct 15, 2008
"Shill"It's the same argument that you conservative freaks make about how wrong it is putting kids in beauty pageants "for all the so many reasons that I feel ridiculous having to actually explain that!"

THE DISCUSSION WASN'T ABOUT PAGEANTS; IT IS ABOUT CHEMICALS BEING APPLIED TO A SMALL GIRL'S HEAD! THE PAGEANT DISCUSSION IS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT TOPIC, SO "NO" IT IS NOT THE SAME ARGUMENT...AND I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN THAT!

You and your small poll of people are boring freaks. Maybe if you knew some cool hip people you wouldn't be such a dud.

I KNOW LOTS OF COOL, HIP PEOPLE, BUT NONE OF THEM ARE BETWEEN THE AGES OF 4-6 YEARS OLD. TEACHING A SIX YEAR OLD CHILD SEXUAL DANCE MOVES IS NOT QUITE HIP AND COOL, AT LEAST IN MY WORLD!

Lots of people wouldn't pierce a six year old girls ears either, but six year old girls do get their ears pierced.

I DON'T AGREE WITH THAT EITHER, BUT AT LEAST THERE ARE NO CHEMICALS TO PENETRATE THE SCALP AND CAUSE OTHER SKIN AND ALLERGIC REACTIONS, BUT I REPEAT; I WOULDN'T PIERCE THE EARS OF A SIX YEAR OLD EITHER!

JonBenet's hair was lightened, not bleached, and only a few times a year, not every six weeks.

DUH! HOW DO YOU THINK HAIR GETS "LIGHTENED"? WITH PEROXIDE/BLEACH. IT TAKES BLEACH TO LIGHTEN HAIR; BELIEVE ME, I KNOW; I AM A BLONDE! AND UNLESS PATSY LIKED SEEING JBR WITH DARK ROOTS WITH BLONDE HAIR, IT WAS WAY MORE THAN A FEW TIMES PER YEAR. SEE IF YOU CAN FIND PHOTOS OF JBR WITH BLONDE HAIR AND DARK ROOTS. OTHERWISE, THE DARK ROOTS BEGIN TO SHOW, ESPECIALLY ON A CHILD WHOSE HAIR GROWS EVEN FASTER THAN ADULTS, EVERY 4-6 WEEKS.

But besides the truth, are you saying a mother who lightens her 6 year old daughter's hair will also murder her, but a mother who lightens her 13 year old daughter hair will not?

NO, A MOTHER WHO LIGHTENS HER SIX YEAR OLD DAUGHTER'S HAIR MAY NOT MURDER HER, BUT IT CERTAINLY DOESN'T SAY MUCH ABOUT GOOD PARENTING WHEN YOU TELL YOUR CHILD VIA YOUR ACTIONS THAT SHE ISN'T PRETTY ENOUGH ON HER OWN, WITH HER OWN COLOR HAIR.

THERE IS NO REASON TO COSMETICALLY "ALTER" A CHILD'S APPEARANCE FOR THE PURPOSE OF PARADING HER AROUND IN A BEAUTY PAGEANT, BUT AGAIN, THAT DISCUSSION IS A DIFFERENT ONE

I ADMIT THAT PAGEANT MOTHERS AREN'T WHAT I PERSONALLY CONSIDER "WELL PEOPLE", BUT IT'S NOT MY DECISION TO MAKE FOR ANYONE ELSE'S CHILD, BUT I AM ENTITLED TO BELIEVE THAT ANY MOTHER WHO BLEACHES THE HAIR OF A YOUNG GIRL THAT AGE HAS NOTHING BUT HER OWN SELFISH DESIRES AT HEART!

But that's just me
jahazafat

Troy, ID

#18 Oct 15, 2008
I rescind my request for anyone to video the bleaching of a child's hair and am ashamed I even considered it.

It is too cruel.

It is abuse.

It would intentionally harm a child.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#19 Oct 15, 2008
Cap, judging by the "clueless" and "nuts" icons someone gave you to judge your last post, it seems some people in here think it's ok to dye a 6 year olds hair. I find that to be more than a bit alarming.
Instead of hiding behind icons, why don't these people POST their opposing viewpoints and tell us why they think it's ok to do such a thing. Did their mothers dye their hair when they were children and so they can speak from personal experience that it's harmless? Did they enjoy it?
If Patsy thought it was an ok thing to do, then why did she lie about it and say that JBs hair was bleached by the sun? If she was ashamed enough to lie about it, then she had to have known it wasn't right and would be frowned upon by her peers. IMO
koldkase

Athens, GA

#20 Oct 15, 2008
Hey, I don't care WHAT other women do! I shave my legs every six months, no exceptions!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 36
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JonBenet Investigation (Nov '11) 38 min JBI 1,626
The case against JMK 5 hr Legal__Eagle 2
"Mr Ramsey Listen Carefully!" New book released... 7 hr Legal__Eagle 20
YES this DNA could have been transferred (Jul '08) 8 hr Bakatari 379
Good riddance Paula Woodward (Apr '09) 17 hr robert 22
Upcoming National Enquirer story - JonBenet Ram... (Oct '10) 19 hr candy 49
ICU2 's Child Trafficking Fri ICU2 9
More from around the web