IRA supporters force Olympic torch to...

IRA supporters force Olympic torch to alter course

There are 10 comments on the Boston Herald story from Jun 5, 2012, titled IRA supporters force Olympic torch to alter course. In it, Boston Herald reports that:

ONDONDERRY, Northern Ireland - Irish Republican Army supporters clashed with police Monday and forced Olympic torch organizers to divert the route of their relay, marring what had been a jubilant day's procession through a sun-soaked Northern Ireland.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston Herald.

“Progressive liberal politic”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#1 Jun 5, 2012
To stop national conflicts(as north Ireland), EU need to become common country.

Since: Nov 10

Dublin

#2 Jun 5, 2012
This is embarrassing. Rest assured there will be nothing like this in Dublin. Might actually go out to see it if the weather is alright.

“WE never came from Africa!”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#3 Jun 5, 2012
I expect the Bhoys think that the "O'Lympiocs" are somehow "Protestant". I am also surprised that the Loyalists didn't attack the Torch for being a sort of "Papish Oidolatry"
Roger Edgar

AOL

#4 Jun 5, 2012
How sad for the Irish. How sad for their children. Keeping Hate alive is so vile and soooooo 20th Century. Pitiful.
Briahan Dommage

London, UK

#5 Jun 5, 2012
whats dat, Paddy ?

Tis the Oylimpiocical Torsh, Seamus.

But is it a protestant Torch or a catholic Torch?

And what be tis "O'Lymericks" ting anyway? tis sounding like some Pratasetent ting altogether, sure tis beast to blow it up.
blackshamrock

London, UK

#6 Dec 26, 2015
Briahan Dommage wrote:
whats dat, Paddy ?
Tis the Oylimpiocical Torsh, Seamus.
But is it a protestant Torch or a catholic Torch?
And what be tis "O'Lymericks" ting anyway? tis sounding like some Pratasetent ting altogether, sure tis beast to blow it up.
Sad indictment of our world SORT THE PROBLEM OF IRELAND OUT FIRST and then we can have sports day?
James

Sittingbourne, UK

#7 Dec 27, 2015
Dubbadub wrote:
This is embarrassing. Rest assured there will be nothing like this in Dublin. Might actually go out to see it if the weather is alright.
I'm so glad the IRA surrendered on 11 July 1921.
blackshamrock

London, UK

#8 Dec 28, 2015
It wasn't a surrender to the IRA. They were playing the British at their own devious duplicious game and biding their time.........
James

Canterbury, UK

#9 Dec 28, 2015
blackshamrock wrote:
It wasn't a surrender to the IRA. They were playing the British at their own devious duplicious game and biding their time.........
Is that why Michael Collins took weapons from the British to destroy the IRA?
captain swing

London, UK

#10 Jan 4, 2016
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why Michael Collins took weapons from the British to destroy the IRA?
So he was a traitor to the ira and he got shot , what do you want a perfect world or something &#9734;&#9734;&#97 34;&#9734;&#9734;& #9734;&#9734;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irish Republican Army Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dr. oraede cured my hiv disease (Oct '14) 4 hr Nigerians scammers 4
News Stakeknife inquiry will probe IRA top brass as ... Jun 10 Small noogie 1
News Today in history: Hitler commits suicide (Apr '15) May '16 John Wilkes 33
Where did the IRA get there weapons from? (Aug '07) Apr '16 Tiocfaidh ar la 91
News Two yobs convicted of being part of mob that hu... Apr '16 britsoutnotsellout 3
News Get over this wife-beating poseur (Apr '15) Apr '16 Randie 69
News Bush, Clark and Key identified as possible 'tar... (Oct '07) Mar '16 Up My Ass 24
More from around the web