First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Since: Apr 10

USA

#1 Dec 17, 2012
What do you think?

With the latest shootings in Ct. that took the lives of 20 beautiful children and 6 adults I think it's a discussion that needs to be had.

Are you for or against? Would it have mattered or is this a Mental Health issue?

We come here and we pick, poke and flame but we never have serious conversations about issues in the real world.

I have cried 1000 tears over this past weekend for the dead, their familes and the community in which they lived that could be any community where any of us live.

My heart is broken for these ppl and my heart weeps for this senseless act of violence that is becoming all to familiar to all of us.

Today Ct will bury the first two children of a week in which there will be many funerals, much pain and over whelming sorrow.

My thoughts, prayers and love are with this community.

This week as we go through our normal day to day lives please remember these children, the adults, the familes and friends who have been impacted by this terrible horrific tradegy and keep them in your prayers.

God Bless them all....<3

“I might be a Lion”

Since: Aug 12

Burnt Corn, AL

#2 Dec 17, 2012
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
What do you think?
With the latest shootings in Ct. that took the lives of 20 beautiful children and 6 adults I think it's a discussion that needs to be had.
Are you for or against? Would it have mattered or is this a Mental Health issue?
We come here and we pick, poke and flame but we never have serious conversations about issues in the real world.
I have cried 1000 tears over this past weekend for the dead, their familes and the community in which they lived that could be any community where any of us live.
My heart is broken for these ppl and my heart weeps for this senseless act of violence that is becoming all to familiar to all of us.
Today Ct will bury the first two children of a week in which there will be many funerals, much pain and over whelming sorrow.
This week as we go through our normal day to day lives please remember these children, the adults, the familes and friends who have been impacted by this terrible horrific tradegy and keep them in your prayers.
God Bless them all....<3
It is a tough subject and there is no clear cut answer. Sure, they should do something to keep guns out of the hands of these mentally handicapped individuals, but how do you detect these issues ahead of time? Perhaps a more extensive background check or something to determine your mental competency may be useful. So many lives changed in such a short time.

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

USA

#3 Dec 17, 2012
I'm a gun owner. I like to target practice and their is a huge gun safe in my home filled with many guns.. But having said that, nobody can get these guns. I wonder if this mother had had her registered and by all accounts legal guns locked away would this have happened?

I don't know if more gun control is the answer. I do think background checks are beneficial but as all of us know if you want a gun bad enough you don't have to go to a store to buy it as you can get one in any city or state right off the street.

It seems that in all these shootings there were warning signs that nobody paid any attention too. Is this more a mental health issue? Are ppl afraid to admit a family member has a problem or don't want to admit it and therefore doesn't seek out a mental health professional that may be able to help.

I have a million questions and no answers..

“I might be a Lion”

Burnt Corn, AL

#5 Dec 17, 2012
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
I'm a gun owner. I like to target practice and their is a huge gun safe in my home filled with many guns.. But having said that, nobody can get these guns. I wonder if this mother had had her registered and by all accounts legal guns locked away would this have happened?
I don't know if more gun control is the answer. I do think background checks are beneficial but as all of us know if you want a gun bad enough you don't have to go to a store to buy it as you can get one in any city or state right off the street.
It seems that in all these shootings there were warning signs that nobody paid any attention too. Is this more a mental health issue? Are ppl afraid to admit a family member has a problem or don't want to admit it and therefore doesn't seek out a mental health professional that may be able to help.
Something else that makes it hard to enforce the background checks is that one private party can sell a gun to another without a background check. I think family members do need to pay closer attention at times. Surely these individuals are not acting normal beforehand. Granted, they may have been acting unusual their entire lives, so it may appear normal to their families.

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

USA

#6 Dec 17, 2012
What kind of a useless loser of an idiot would put negative icons on something so sad and so serious.

I feel so sad for you.....

“Hello”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#7 Dec 17, 2012
YelIowback Crack wrote:
<quoted text>Something else that makes it hard to enforce the background checks is that one private party can sell a gun to another without a background check. I think family members do need to pay closer attention at times. Surely these individuals are not acting normal beforehand. Granted, they may have been acting unusual their entire lives, so it may appear normal to their families.
Your first sentence says a lot as that probably happens quite frequently.Not every place that you purchase a gun from has a background check and/or 3 day waiting period.This has been on my mind a lot too,as how do you know when this is going to happen or not happen? But i think that if you know a family member is 'off',that precautions should be made if you do have firearms.This is just happening so much now...

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

USA

#8 Dec 17, 2012
I think I'm not alone in wondering how and why this could happen along with how to make sure it will never happen again.

And the really sad part of this is it will happen again...:(

“Hello”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#9 Dec 17, 2012
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
I think I'm not alone in wondering how and why this could happen along with how to make sure it will never happen again.
And the really sad part of this is it will happen again...:(
Your right,this will happen again...and with so many guns out there,shootings are an everyday occurrence that people dont even notice anymore.

_Olive_

“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

#10 Dec 17, 2012
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
What do you think?
I don't understand why semi-automatic rifles are considered safe in the public's hands, did you see the size of the gun he used? That belongs on a battlefield, not in a home, I would say especially a home where a person lives who is known to be mentally ill, his mother had three of them. If someone is going to own a gun like that, they had better be able to prove they are conscientious citizens and responsible gun owners.
God Bless them all....<3
It is all-too-familiar, its creating more and more unease in our Country, and for good reason. I feel the same OC, those children lost their lives at such a young age and to senseless violence, that will make it double-hard on their surviving friends and family. On all of us...

Thanks for posting this thread, you have a big heart OC.

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

USA

#11 Dec 17, 2012
Thanks Olive, I think of my 3 sons and it kills me to my soul.. I know there is no making sense of a senseless act of violence just as I know it will happen again.

My burning question is why were these guns ( 5) of them not locked in a gun safe.The neighbors have said she took her sons to the shooting range to teach them responsiblitiy but if they were not in a safe place how responsible was this mother?

I wanted this thread to start a serious adult discussion but as you can see there are very few of us adults here.

It is far more importaint to pick poke and flame than to have real talks about real issues like 20 dead babies...:(

_Olive_

“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

#12 Dec 17, 2012
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
Thanks Olive, I think of my 3 sons and it kills me to my soul.. I know there is no making sense of a senseless act of violence just as I know it will happen again.
My burning question is why were these guns ( 5) of them not locked in a gun safe.The neighbors have said she took her sons to the shooting range to teach them responsiblitiy but if they were not in a safe place how responsible was this mother?
I wanted this thread to start a serious adult discussion but as you can see there are very few of us adults here.
It is far more importaint to pick poke and flame than to have real talks about real issues like 20 dead babies...:(
This tragedy is a big one for our Country, we are all crying together for the innocent, senselessly slaughtered children.

Why weren't those guns locked in a safe??? The mother was called to the school where he son went to deal with his Known mental illness before. She was so ridiculously careless with her guns and I suspect they were fighting, and often, before he got angry enough, crazy enough...

The Colonel Mustard

Since: Dec 11

Erstwhile

#14 Dec 17, 2012
YelIowback Crack wrote:
<quoted text>It is a tough subject and there is no clear cut answer. Sure, they should do something to keep guns out of the hands of these mentally handicapped individuals, but how do you detect these issues ahead of time? Perhaps a more extensive background check or something to determine your mental competency may be useful. So many lives changed in such a short time.
You are such a weaselly little hair splitter.

This ain't about mental illness... Frued himself couldn't predict when someone is going to do this.

Dylan and Klebold weren't mentally ill, simply disturbed. Same for the recent shooter in Colorado, in fact, most folks who go "postal" have no signs of mental illness.

It is usually precipitated by bulling, money problems, work relations, divorce or some other social problem they couldn't handle.

As long as they can get a hold of assault style weapons this will continue to happen

The Colonel Mustard

Erstwhile

#15 Dec 17, 2012
_Olive_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand why semi-automatic rifles are considered safe in the public's hands, did you see the size of the gun he used? That belongs on a battlefield, not in a home, I would say especially a home where a person lives who is known to be mentally ill, his mother had three of them. If someone is going to own a gun like that, they had better be able to prove they are conscientious citizens and responsible gun owners.
<quoted text>
It is all-too-familiar, its creating more and more unease in our Country, and for good reason. I feel the same OC, those children lost their lives at such a young age and to senseless violence, that will make it double-hard on their surviving friends and family. On all of us...
Great post

Drinkie is a Mush Mouth

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#16 Dec 17, 2012
The Colonel Mustard wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a weaselly little hair splitter.
This ain't about mental illness... Frued himself couldn't predict when someone is going to do this.
Dylan and Klebold weren't mentally ill, simply disturbed. Same for the recent shooter in Colorado, in fact, most folks who go "postal" have no signs of mental illness.
It is usually precipitated by bulling, money problems, work relations, divorce or some other social problem they couldn't handle.
As long as they can get a hold of assault style weapons this will continue to happen
This isnt about mental illness ?? What a stupid thing to say..If they weren't mentally ill then they would not have thought of killing people, then obtained weapons, and committed the crimes..If guns are not available then knives ,bats of shovels have all been historical used weapons in mass beatings and killings..Cars and bombs as well..
Only an idiot would blame the guns..Guns dont go off by themselves..

And assault style weapons aren't the issue either. Any weapon could kill just as many "Defenseless" people..

Defenseless IS THE ISSUE..

The issue is lack of security at schools and public areas where there is vulnerability to crime and or attack from crazy people..

The Colonel Mustard

Erstwhile

#17 Dec 17, 2012
--MeaBadSock-- wrote:
<quoted text>This isnt about mental illness ?? What a stupid thing to say..If they weren't mentally ill then they would not have thought of killing people, then obtained weapons, and committed the crimes..If guns are not available then knives ,bats of shovels have all been historical used weapons in mass beatings and killings..Cars and bombs as well..
Only an idiot would blame the guns..Guns dont go off by themselves..
And assault style weapons aren't the issue either. Any weapon could kill just as many "Defenseless" people..
Defenseless IS THE ISSUE..
The issue is lack of security at schools and public areas where there is vulnerability to crime and or attack from crazy people..
Pure genius snippy
So everyone who kills someone is mentally ill?
Is that what you're saying?

"Defenseless IS THE ISSUE"
Guess those kids shuolda pakin', guess it'd their fault huh dummazz
Blame the victim

The Colonel Mustard

Erstwhile

#18 Dec 17, 2012
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
There you go Cowgirl
Your buddy sniper just said these kids died because
"Defenseless" was their problem

“Its Eaiser to fool people than”

Since: Sep 11

convince them they are a fool

#19 Dec 17, 2012
_Olive_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Hi Olive..Im glad you asked..Maybe you should go to a gun store and ask questions and learn something..I mean that in a nice way..honest...Just your first statement is kinda not well informed.[ also in a nice way] People love to shoot..Its a sport. She did NOT have 3 of them. She had 2 pistols. One rifle..People think Glock is some special kind of assault weapon but it is just the name brand of a regular semi auto pistol..Like any other 9 mm you see any cops use.Like Smith and Wesson...Shooting is a sport and always has been..Assault rifles are not new ..They have been around and for public use for ever..It sounds like you people think these are new on the market public weapons..None of them really are..You can buy old M1s and military guns by the millions..America has billions of guns..At one time all guns were military..Thats where they all came from in the first place..Have you ever seen the old show the "A Team" ? The rifles they used are "Ruger mini 14s",,Same thing as a Bushmaster that she had...The bullet isnt much bigger than a 22,[Its called a .223].Only Bushmasters have more modern technology.so it looks badass...Its the way every thing in the world evolves..All the "Hop up parts" are like putting headers and nice rims on your car..Its a dressed up version of the same old guns..And most people I know lock up their weapons..Have you ever looked at my avatar ? Its a poster from the 40th world shooting championships..My family was there..Shooting is a bit part of my entire families life..Most are first responders. police, and military and shooting has always been a sport to millions of people.Gramps was a gunsmith .Shooting is in the Olympics. Did you know that ?
Have you ever shot a gun ? Its a blast.And its a family thing too..And 50 rounds at a time is a blast too..You should go try it and then decide.

And I heard the mom was shot in her bed asleep. Maybe the guns were locked up and he knew where the key was..Dont Know those kinds of details and dont want to speculate that.

Mental illness and defenseless children and adults is the issue to me..It must have taken a long time to put it together and carry it out. And he would have been nuts to do it in the first place but to continue after the first shot would say total lunatic..

You can remove all the guns in the world and it will still happen..I say Schools [where your most prized position is all day without your protection] should be Fortresses and locked down tight with Armed guards..I said it long ago..

My fishing buddies kids went to Columbine.

I live right by it and remember it well..His kids that were there now carry guns,,legally..

Everyone that owns a gun always thinks,,why wasn't there some there with a damn gun ???? That was my first thought.. Its sickening so dont get me wrong. My heart breaks to even think about it..

We will never remove guns from bad people..ever,,,

Somebody needs to shoot back !

#20 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
There you go Cowgirl
Your buddy sniper just said these kids died because
"Defenseless" was their problem
No I said "Crazy" was the problem..Much like you..I think You of all people would be capable, from the many crazy, violent things you have said to me. Ive said before the police should look at you.

#21 Dec 17, 2012
China has strict gun control laws..But nothing against knives..This is common.Even though [ thankfully] no one died it still happens.

22 kids, 1 adult injured in knife attack outside Chinese school

Published December 14, 2012

Associated Press

BEIJING – A knife-wielding man injured 22 children and one adult outside a primary school in central China as students were arriving for morning classes Friday, police said, the latest in a series of periodic rampage attacks at schools and kindergartens.

The attack in the Henan province village of Chengping happened shortly before 8 a.m., said a police officer from Guangshan county, where the village is located.

The attacker, 36-year-old villager Min Yingjun, is now in police custody, said the officer, who declined to give her name, as is customary among Chinese civil servants.

A Guangshan county hospital administrator said the man first attacked an elderly woman, then students, before being subdued by security guards who have been posted across China following a spate of school attacks in recent years. He said there were no deaths among the nine students admitted, although two badly injured children had been transferred to better-equipped hospitals outside the county.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/12/14/22-ki ...

“I might be a Lion”

Burnt Corn, AL

#22 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
Great post
Drinkie is a Mush Mouth
I figured it was only a matter of time before you arrived to turn this into a name calling junior high pissing contest. How many assault weapons were used in the Oklahoma City bombing? How many died?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Internet Troll Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cookie Parker's Home Page (Oct '11) 4 hr Sundog512 614
Stan's Homepage 7 hr Scared of evil bi... 1
What the hell ya listenin to ? (Oct '12) Wed Barbi A 2,180
~One Word Only~ (Jun '10) Jun 27 40ish 1,933
Rickster's Diary (Jul '15) Jun 26 --Rickster-- 39
Name the worst troll you have encounted. (Oct '15) Jun 25 Speaks Bimbo 2
Stalker nutjob Adam/VenomFrogX/ExtraFrogX's Hyp... Jun 23 Skls 2
More from around the web