Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows

Jun 18, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS News

About 8 million immigrants living unlawfully in the United States would initially gain legal status under sweeping legislation moving toward a vote in the Senate, the Congressional Budget Office said Tuesday, adding the bill would push federal deficits lower in each of the next two decades.

Comments
141 - 142 of 142 Comments Last updated Jul 11, 2013
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

spud wrote:
<quoted text>I think it has something to do with that brain eating bacteria that was going around out there on the Island. Fortunately, he didn't contribute to its spread since the ones he was hosting all died of starvation.
I think you are talking about the potato famine, but that only affected Spuds.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
That one got away from me and it was not a proud moment. It is just galling that I put my butt on the line in Thailand on a regular basis to fight illegal immigration and then to have a keyboard commando from Thailand who does not care give a hoot about human trafficking in his own country trash talking me.
It is still pretty funny that you called him "pro-illegal".
I might not have worded it correctly, as I never intended to imply that. I am sorry that things got out of hand, and am glad to know that you aren't going to make a habit of it. I think he is a pretty okay guy, and frankly after you shared some of what you do, I think you are as well. Don' t take what people say to heart, we all say things that the minute it leaves our mouths, we wish we could take back. We are all human after all. This is a subject that rubs many the wrong way, and in many cases, rightly so.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••