Immigration reform would cut deficit,...

Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows

There are 142 comments on the CBS News story from Jun 18, 2013, titled Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows. In it, CBS News reports that:

About 8 million immigrants living unlawfully in the United States would initially gain legal status under sweeping legislation moving toward a vote in the Senate, the Congressional Budget Office said Tuesday, adding the bill would push federal deficits lower in each of the next two decades.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#110 Jun 24, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>That's right, make light of the fact that WE HAVE been lied to by liberals and republicans and most of the left-wing media. A politician is really nothing more than a method actor reciting the lines that which his/her puppetmaster provided.
Yes the dreaded left-wing media? I guess you are another person who has no use for American news sources and only trusts the cable channel owned by the Saudi royal family. Don't worry Teddy. Unlike those lousy Americans, I'm sure you can trust Prince Alwaleed bin Talal.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#111 Jun 24, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the dreaded left-wing media? I guess you are another person who has no use for American news sources and only trusts the cable channel owned by the Saudi royal family. Don't worry Teddy. Unlike those lousy Americans, I'm sure you can trust Prince Alwaleed bin Talal.
Frankly, I prefer C-Span.
spud

United States

#112 Jun 24, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
You comparison has no logic. Or maybe it has if you have a brain of a squirrel.
And I can't believe you don't get it, even though I explained my point in a four word sentence at the end of my post. How does it feel to be mentally inferior to a squirrel?

Level 4

Since: Jan 13

Monroe Township, NJ

#113 Jun 24, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>And I can't believe you don't get it, even though I explained my point in a four word sentence at the end of my post. How does it feel to be mentally inferior to a squirrel?
I don't know. You should tell me :)
spud

United States

#114 Jun 25, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. You should tell me :)
At least you admit you don't know in this post. It's obvious "I don't know" applies to your other posts as well.

Level 4

Monroe Township, NJ

#115 Jun 25, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>At least you admit you don't know in this post. It's obvious "I don't know" applies to your other posts as well.
I just responded to your question. Don't try to be smart with me. I can beat you at any IQ test.
spud

United States

#116 Jun 25, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just responded to your question. Don't try to be smart with me. I can beat you at any IQ test.
People who boast about being able to beat others in an IQ test remind me of the people who boast of sexual conquests or people who boast about physically beating everyone who annoys them. I hope you're following me.

Level 4

Monroe Township, NJ

#117 Jun 25, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>People who boast about being able to beat others in an IQ test remind me of the people who boast of sexual conquests or people who boast about physically beating everyone who annoys them. I hope you're following me.
In case you forgot it all started with this : "To say this amnesty would cut our deficit is like saying losing your job wuld make you wealthier. Neither makes sense."

Do you still think your comparison make sense ???

Also take a look at this :

http://www.seiu.org/assets_c/2013/06/EconOfIm...
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#118 Jun 25, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>People who boast about being able to beat others in an IQ test remind me of the people who boast of sexual conquests or people who boast about physically beating everyone who annoys them. I hope you're following me.
Yes, but in this case everybody sees Ambro beating you silly.
spud

United States

#119 Jun 25, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you forgot it all started with this : "To say this amnesty would cut our deficit is like saying losing your job wuld make you wealthier. Neither makes sense."
Do you believe anything the SEIU says? The SEIU is a gang. They're every bit as destructive to this country as the crips or the bloods.
spud

United States

#120 Jun 25, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but in this case everybody sees Ambro beating you silly.
That doesn't bother me because I'm not the one praising myself here. I don't find it necessary to do that. And let me add that I take comfort in knowing YOU disagree with me.
spud

United States

#121 Jun 25, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, that was not any kind of comparison. It was just a statement declaring two ridiculous assertions to be equally stupid.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#122 Jun 25, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>That doesn't bother me because I'm not the one praising myself here. I don't find it necessary to do that. And let me add that I take comfort in knowing YOU disagree with me.
You are not doing to good on the IQ test.
Level 5

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#123 Jun 25, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
he's doing better then you, idiot.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#124 Jun 25, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
he's doing better then you, idiot.
Did a foreigner just say something? Eww. He is from Thailand besides.
spud

United States

#125 Jun 25, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
You should learn the difference between to and too if you want to make IQ jokes. You look kinda silly now, don't you? Asian Guy had you figured out all along.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Pottstown, PA

#126 Jun 25, 2013
Eagle Eyes wrote:
If this second amnesty is given, it will set the progress of African American opportunities back 50 years. We need to support our current citizens and deport every person illegally present - after all, they are already criminals that could have gone through the channels to obtain legal presence as those that made the effort to do. It would be outrageous to reward the criminality.
If any American citizen commits a crime like fraud, identity theft, falsifies documents and/or answers they lose jobs, go to jail and get a CRIMINAL record that is with them the rest of their LIFE. Uh oh, I can see the lawyers now lining up to have convictions overturn, sentences reduced, prisoners pardoned and records expunged. This would be discrimination twards US citizen criminals.

Also the ILLEGALs who didn't pay bills and should've declared bankruptcy don't even have a legitimate social security number and credit rating to trash which again that stays with a US citizen their entire LIFE if they come on hard financial times.

The amnesty is as much about keeping the US Citizen business owners legit who otherwise might eventually face a crackdown and lose their "good" name. Too many politicals have friends and supporters including corporate America that have been using ILLEGAL immigrant labor. This is as much about legitamizing themselves as the ILLEGAL border crossers.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#127 Jun 25, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>You should learn the difference between to and too if you want to make IQ jokes. You look kinda silly now, don't you? Asian Guy had you figured out all along.
Your life is validated by a typo. Congratulations.

What can I say? You get lazy when you usually have editors take care of little shit like spelling. Hey I am curious. How many books have you had published? In how many different languages did you WRITE the books. I would love to compare notes with you.

Level 6

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#128 Jun 25, 2013
I'm all for immigration, just not illegal immigration and I don't think anyone that comes here illegally should be rewarded for doing so by making them a citizen.

I don't think for one minute this is going to reduce the deficit. You always make something you are trying to sell to the public look as good as possible.
Level 5

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#129 Jun 25, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your life is validated by a typo. Congratulations.
What can I say? You get lazy when you usually have editors take care of little shit like spelling. Hey I am curious. How many books have you had published? In how many different languages did you WRITE the books. I would love to compare notes with you.
so, what's stopping you? just let it all hangout, big guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 1 min verygood 898
News Why Vote? USHLI mentors Latino groups about vot... 4 min They cannot kill ... 1
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 5 min spud 3,549
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 5 min WasteWater 9,784
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 23 min jimmy krack korn 141,594
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 24 min ima Ilis Myka Ash... 6,666
News Criminal Aliens Are Being Released in US Becaus... 29 min tomin cali 3
More from around the web