Immigration reform would cut deficit,...

Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows

There are 142 comments on the CBS News story from Jun 18, 2013, titled Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows. In it, CBS News reports that:

About 8 million immigrants living unlawfully in the United States would initially gain legal status under sweeping legislation moving toward a vote in the Senate, the Congressional Budget Office said Tuesday, adding the bill would push federal deficits lower in each of the next two decades.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

Brenda besson

United States

#48 Jun 20, 2013
Eagle Eyes wrote:
If this second amnesty is given, it will set the progress of African American opportunities back 50 years. We need to support our current citizens and deport every person illegally present - after all, they are already criminals that could have gone through the channels to obtain legal presence as those that made the effort to do. It would be outrageous to reward the criminality.
oh they made a mistake!they act like 11million ppl didnt know it was wrong!this is what they do now.if u legalize them we will have war,they wont be happy till all white p are gone
Level 5

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#49 Jun 20, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
How lame. You give yourself away as an utter fraud with every single post. Nobody but nobody has ever suggested open borders.
This is why you are not taken seriously.
now that we have established who has less credibility..

let me ask you this, genius..

do you see any good coming out of an open amnesty where one party is hell bent on taking over the other party because of deep rooted hate due to a war that happened over 150+ years ago?

personally, I don't see it.

frankly, as I see it, what will happen is a civil war.

Level 4

Since: Jan 13

Monroe Township, NJ

#50 Jun 20, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
are you suggesting that we have a policy of open borders?
I would never suggest something like that and I really don't know why you drew that conclusion. I actually thing that the more border security the better.
Read the Article

Johnson City, TN

#52 Jun 21, 2013
"The CBO said deficits would fall by $197 billion across a decade, and by $700 billion in the following 10 years if the bill became law… The measure was drafted by a bipartisan Gang of Eight and represents a series of political trade-offs among senators as well as outside groups like business and labor, growers and farm workers. In addition to border security and a path to citizenship, it includes an expanded number of visas for highly skilled workers" The only reason the GOP/Tea people are against this is because President Obama is for it.
Level 5

Location hidden

#53 Jun 21, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would never suggest something like that and I really don't know why you drew that conclusion. I actually thing that the more border security the better.
how did I draw that conclusion, you ask?

simple. you push for immigration reform. this is another word for amnesty for the illegals.

so, how many illegals are there? nobody knows. right?

so, in other words, you want an amnesty for whoever applies for it. right? RIGHT?

if 100+ MILLION non-usa citizens apply for the amnesty, what happens then?

an OPEN amnesty is an amnesty that does not limit the numbers who could apply for it.

the traitors on capitol hill are pushing for an OPEN amnesty. don't believe me? ask them where they draw the line on the numbers.

freaking idiots.
Level 5

Location hidden

#54 Jun 21, 2013
Read the Article wrote:
"The CBO said deficits would fall by $197 billion across a decade, and by $700 billion in the following 10 years if the bill became law… The measure was drafted by a bipartisan Gang of Eight and represents a series of political trade-offs among senators as well as outside groups like business and labor, growers and farm workers. In addition to border security and a path to citizenship, it includes an expanded number of visas for highly skilled workers" The only reason the GOP/Tea people are against this is because President Obama is for it.
one of the main reasons for limiting the numbers that you grant citizenship to EACH year is to allow time for these citizens to assimilate into their new home.

and also to allow the country to absorb these new citizens into their fold with the least amount of chaos.

when you allow an extreme number of people in in a short amount of time, assimilation doesn't work.

the border guard says there are up to 70+ MILLION illegals in our country now.(I think there are more.) do you think these 70+ MILLION illegals have any intention of assimilating?

personally, I don't think so.

so, ask yourself this question.. if there are 70+ MILLION non-citizens in your country, and they don't want to assimilate... what does that make them?

part of an INVASION.
Read the Article

Johnson City, TN

#55 Jun 21, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
one of the main reasons for limiting the numbers that you grant citizenship to EACH year is to allow time for these citizens to assimilate into their new home.
and also to allow the country to absorb these new citizens into their fold with the least amount of chaos.
when you allow an extreme number of people in in a short amount of time, assimilation doesn't work.
the border guard says there are up to 70+ MILLION illegals in our country now.(I think there are more.) do you think these 70+ MILLION illegals have any intention of assimilating?
personally, I don't think so.
so, ask yourself this question.. if there are 70+ MILLION non-citizens in your country, and they don't want to assimilate... what does that make them?
part of an INVASION.
I have no idea where you got your 70 million number from but I would like to see your "source" for that number. As far as your argument about us "absorbing" these people...we are talking about the ones that are already here and have been here for a while...already absorbed. Deporting 10+ million illegals in not a realistic strategy. Having a path to citizenship allows these people to become part of the tax base our country so desperately needs. Set aside your dislike of these people for whatever your reasons and realize we are an aging population that is not reproducing at the rate we need to be at. Hispanics are young, fertile, hard working and very religious. The article clearly states they pay out more than they take...once you accept that fact, then maybe you can realize the benefits of addressing this issue in a more realistic manner. BTW. 70 million number is way off.
Level 5

Location hidden

#56 Jun 21, 2013
Read the Article wrote:
<quoted text>I have no idea where you got your 70 million number from but I would like to see your "source" for that number. As far as your argument about us "absorbing" these people...we are talking about the ones that are already here and have been here for a while...already absorbed. Deporting 10+ million illegals in not a realistic strategy. Having a path to citizenship allows these people to become part of the tax base our country so desperately needs. Set aside your dislike of these people for whatever your reasons and realize we are an aging population that is not reproducing at the rate we need to be at. Hispanics are young, fertile, hard working and very religious. The article clearly states they pay out more than they take...once you accept that fact, then maybe you can realize the benefits of addressing this issue in a more realistic manner. BTW. 70 million number is way off.
I got that from the border patrol website. but it was taken off the web. my guess is obama is the villian.(who else? definitely not bush. right?)

here is the link I had stored..
http://www.local2544.org/the-border-is-secure...

the good news is.. I have other sources speaking of the same numbers.

in a nutshell... for every illegal alien caught, the border patrol says at LEAST 4 escape. doesn't take a genius to come up with numbers higher then the 11 million that the pro-illegals have been pushing for the last 20 years.

http://www.examiner.com/article/contrary-to-w...
http://www.examiner.com/article/just-how-many...
http://www.theamericanresistance.com/ref/ille...
http://www.theamericanresistance.com/articles...
http://www.usborderpatrol.com/borderframe900....
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/border_security/bo...
http://www.thesocialcontract.com/artman2/publ...

as for your note about an "aging population".. you sound like that POS joe baca in his famous "aztlan" youtube video. here is the link.

on your note that we cannot deport 11 million people... that's YOUR opinion. frankly, I think it can be done. and all that is necessary is the ENFORCEMENT of our laws. the key issue here. obama, napolitano has issued a mandate not to arrest illegals. that is why the stats are lower during his administration.

as for your note on all these illegals being loyal and hard working. good for the usa. again, YOUR opinion. frankly, I think they have absolutely no desire to assimilate into the usa. they prefer to keep their allegiances to mexico and other countries from where they come from.

one only needs to listen to these illegals talk to realize this. some links confirming my analysis..
http://americanpatrol.com/FEATURES/010608NIGH...
http://www.americanpatrol.com/REFERENCE/RICHA...

bottomline, you don't want to grant citizenship to the usa to people who hate the usa. PERIOD.

that's commonsense.

Level 4

Monroe Township, NJ

#57 Jun 21, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
how did I draw that conclusion, you ask?
simple. you push for immigration reform. this is another word for amnesty for the illegals.
so, how many illegals are there? nobody knows. right?
so, in other words, you want an amnesty for whoever applies for it. right? RIGHT?
if 100+ MILLION non-usa citizens apply for the amnesty, what happens then?
an OPEN amnesty is an amnesty that does not limit the numbers who could apply for it.
the traitors on capitol hill are pushing for an OPEN amnesty. don't believe me? ask them where they draw the line on the numbers.
freaking idiots.
I think NOBODY likes the fact that there are many million illegals here. Now something has to be done about this and I really think this bill is good for USA. The ones who wanna contribute in a good way to the US society would have the opportunity to do so. The ones who just came here to make some money will most probably go back.

How many are they ? They say there are 11+ million but probably they are around 20 million. Your number 100 million is pretty exaggerated.

Let's say you're right though and there are 100 million illegals here. I'm sure you agree with the fact that most of them hold jobs ( what would be the reason to be in a country illegally without making money ?!?) so removing them would hurt US economy badly. Also what would be the reason to keep the status quo to have so many people not paying taxes ?
Level 5

Location hidden

#58 Jun 21, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think NOBODY likes the fact that there are many million illegals here. Now something has to be done about this and I really think this bill is good for USA. The ones who wanna contribute in a good way to the US society would have the opportunity to do so. The ones who just came here to make some money will most probably go back.
How many are they ? They say there are 11+ million but probably they are around 20 million. Your number 100 million is pretty exaggerated.
Let's say you're right though and there are 100 million illegals here. I'm sure you agree with the fact that most of them hold jobs ( what would be the reason to be in a country illegally without making money ?!?) so removing them would hurt US economy badly. Also what would be the reason to keep the status quo to have so many people not paying taxes ?
if there are 100 million illegals here and they all had jobs.

..deporting them would open up the job to an american who is out of work. and we would then not have double digit unemployment.

commonsense.

something you didn't point out..

if you have 100 million illegals here who say had allegiance to "another" country, then, obviously, they would vote in favor of anything that favored their home country. right?

is that good? absolutely NOT.

look at what is happening in the EU with the muslims. or with just dearborn, michigan. and tell me what you see.

then, there is the possibility of a takeover that could occur when you have 100 million illegals in your country who have no allegiance to you.

something to think about.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#59 Jun 21, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
..deporting them would open up the job to an american who is out of work. and we would then not have double digit unemployment.
commonsense.
if you have 100 million illegals here who say had allegiance to "another" country, then, obviously, they would vote in favor of anything that favored their home country. right?
look at what is happening in the EU with the muslims. or with just dearborn, michigan. and tell me what you see.
then, there is the possibility of a takeover that could occur when you have 100 million illegals in your country who have no allegiance to you.
Nothing to think about in your post. Just more dribble from somebody who self-identifies as a foreigner.
Level 5

Location hidden

#60 Jun 21, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing to think about in your post. Just more dribble from somebody who self-identifies as a foreigner.
you lost your credibility already with your earlier post. so, shut the fu#k up, retard.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#61 Jun 21, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
you lost your credibility already with your earlier post. so, shut the fu#k up, retard.
You forgot to call me an "anchor baby".

Sadly name calling is all you are capable of doing.
Level 5

Location hidden

#62 Jun 21, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to call me an "anchor baby".
Sadly name calling is all you are capable of doing.
name calling is the gravy after squashing your opponent in a debate.

“Don't Even Bother”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#63 Jun 21, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you believe this? the nerve of this guy Memo)talking (writing) about name calling... Unbelievable. He is the second in line who feels the need to consistently call others out of their name, Mexican Pride is first/way up there on the list.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#64 Jun 21, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Gravy? No. It is just something children do when they are unable to make any type of coherent comment.
Level 5

Location hidden

#65 Jun 21, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Gravy? No. It is just something children do when they are unable to make any type of coherent comment.
so what is your rebuttal to the last few "coherent comments" that I made, hotshot?
Level 5

Location hidden

#66 Jun 21, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
here is your response to the 4 "coherent comments" that I made above, CHILD..

quote,"Nothing to think about in your post. Just more dribble from somebody who self-identifies as a foreigner."

LOL.

Level 4

Monroe Township, NJ

#67 Jun 21, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
commonsense.
If you have 100 million illegals it would cost a HUGE amount of money to deport them and it would be a complete disaster for the economy as USA does not have 100 million unemployed.

The illegals don't pay taxes, they are not in the system so they are harder to be tracked so the more they are the more needed this immigration reform is. That would mean more money from taxes, more people buying house, cars, etc, more people opening up businesses and other things that would boost the economy. The CBO score showed that but also it is plain common sense.

One thing to mention though : in every country on this planet if you go and ask a native he or she would tell you that immigrants are not welcomed. It's the survival instinct but that won't stop migrations from happening.
NYM8387

Lawrence, MA

#68 Jun 21, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
How lame. You give yourself away as an utter fraud with every single post. Nobody but nobody has ever suggested open borders.
This is why you are not taken seriously.
no anchor baby will ever say they want open borders,but when real solutions to ending illegal immigration once and for all come up,that's when the words impossible,Morale,racists and humane come up.The Bill in the senate is a complete joke,all it does is give illegal aliens instant legal status while they wait in the ”back” of the line for citizenship.I don't think people waiting in line and playing by the rules to come here, get instant legal status,do they? So who's really waiting in line?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton's Felonious Friends in Virginia 17 min Well Well 6
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 43 min barefoot2626 10,368
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr leprechauna 142,660
The Latino Vote (Jun '08) 2 hr karma chameleon 814
News 5 Words Trump Forgot to Say in First Debate 5 hr Sniffles McPoopyhead 2
News GOP's nightmare: An Independent Donald Trump (Jul '15) 7 hr swedenforever 27
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 8 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 11,264
More from around the web