Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows

Jun 18, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS News

About 8 million immigrants living unlawfully in the United States would initially gain legal status under sweeping legislation moving toward a vote in the Senate, the Congressional Budget Office said Tuesday, adding the bill would push federal deficits lower in each of the next two decades.

Comments
1 - 20 of 142 Comments Last updated Jul 11, 2013
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
NYM8387

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

This report is bogus and just another lie sponsored by the Obama administration.The vast majority of illegal Aliens are in thier prime and I seriously doubt they will continue to work the way they do now over the next 2 decades.they will absolutely take out more than they put in,Obama needs to hang himself already
pito

Warrenton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

NYM8387 wrote:
This report is bogus and just another lie sponsored by the Obama administration.The vast majority of illegal Aliens are in thier prime and I seriously doubt they will continue to work the way they do now over the next 2 decades.they will absolutely take out more than they put in,Obama needs to hang himself already
The American dream is for ALL Imagrants! Not just Americans. Stop being a racist.
NYM8387

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

pito wrote:
<quoted text>The American dream is for ALL Imagrants! Not just Americans. Stop being a racist.
I agree,but im talking about illegal aliens

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

pito wrote:
<quoted text>The American dream is for ALL Imagrants! Not just Americans. Stop being a racist.
I didn't realize illegal alien was a race.

When did that happen?

Level 4

Since: Jan 13

Bloomfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

This is not the only report that indicates a positive outcome of this bill to the economy.

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Illegals are defrauding the IRS, and American taxpayers, to the tune of $6Billion a year now.

What do you think is going to happen when they ALL can claim those bogus child care credits?
NYM8387

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Ambro2000 wrote:
This is not the only report that indicates a positive outcome of this bill to the economy.
maybe you should read the report before you post nonsense.according to the entire report,illegal aliens will reduce the deficit by what many would consider nothing,since our deficit is in the trillions,while lowering wages and causing a rise in unemployment.Sorry,but that report does nothing for either side
trx725

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

NYM8387 wrote:

I agree with you, but sadly enough many of my fellow Hispanics don't get the big picture and in order for a reform to work many things have to change. Like stricter rules on link, SS, compensation, etc. Many not only hispanics take advantage of these programs and mess the whole system up...unfortunatae i would say for those of us who consider oursleves worthy of citizinship....
trx725

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Bama Yankee wrote:
Illegals are defrauding the IRS, and American taxpayers, to the tune of $6Billion a year now.
What do you think is going to happen when they ALL can claim those bogus child care credits?

A little harsh on your words my friend, but is not just the hispanics there are plenty of other races under the shadows doing the same thing....and who says anything about that. We need to watchout bc not all of us are the same....

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

trx725 wrote:
<quoted text>
A little harsh on your words my friend, but is not just the hispanics there are plenty of other races under the shadows doing the same thing....and who says anything about that. We need to watchout bc not all of us are the same....
Harsh on my words?

Just where in my post did you find any mention of race, color, or national origin?

You didn't. I wrote "illegals." An all encompassing term.

You brought "race" into the mix and that makes you the racist.
ItGoesBothWays

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Harsh on my words?
Just where in my post did you find any mention of race, color, or national origin?
You didn't. I wrote "illegals." An all encompassing term.
You brought "race" into the mix and that makes you the racist.
Reverse racism doesn't work. Give it up.
Level 5

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

oh. now the number of illegals is 8 million?

unbelievable.

for 20+ YEARS, the number is 11 million. NOW it is 8 million?

according to the border patrol, the number of illegals is more like 50 to 70 MILLION. and they are only referring to those crossing at the southern border.

ask yourself, people... what happens if there are more like 50+ MILLION illegals applying for an amnesty if approved?

a better question to ask yourself.. what happens if their allegiance is not to the usa?

it's called an INVASION.

listen to their generals.. guys like juan hernandez, joe baca, fabian nunez, antonio villananzo, bill richardson, etc.

http://www.americanpatrol.com/REFERENCE/RICHA...
http://americanpatrol.com/FEATURES/010608NIGH...

READ what the president of mexico has to say about arizona immigration laws..
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/37255098/ns/world_n...

these illegals from down south have no intention of becoming loyal citizens of the usa. their first loyalty is to mexico. and their "generals" like juan hernandez are not shy to announce it to the world.
spud

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

If we would get rid of all the illegals, wages would rise and taxpaying American workers would greatly increase the governments tax revenue. This studies conclusions are beyond ridiculous. The corrupt MSM will say anything to push their agenda.

“Don't Even Bother”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Amnesty bill will give every illegal alien a taxpayer-funded lawyer

Immigration
June 18, 2013
By: Dave Gibson

Illegal Alien "Immigration Reform", is Simply AMNESTY.... The Gang Of Eight & Co. are attempting to play the American People for Fools.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't realize illegal alien was a race.
When did that happen?
It happened when a group of criminals realized that if they designated themselves as a "race" they could use the term for financial and political gain and to avoid prosecution for numerous types of crimes.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Asian Guy wrote:
oh. now the number of illegals is 8 million?
unbelievable.
for 20+ YEARS, the number is 11 million. NOW it is 8 million?
according to the border patrol, the number of illegals is more like 50 to 70 MILLION. and they are only referring to those crossing at the southern border.
ask yourself, people... what happens if there are more like 50+ MILLION illegals applying for an amnesty if approved?
a better question to ask yourself.. what happens if their allegiance is not to the usa?
it's called an INVASION.
listen to their generals.. guys like juan hernandez, joe baca, fabian nunez, antonio villananzo, bill richardson, etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ajkAP_M4ZAMXX
http://www.americanpatrol.com/REFERENCE/RICHA...
http://americanpatrol.com/FEATURES/010608NIGH...
READ what the president of mexico has to say about arizona immigration laws..
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/37255098/ns/world_n...
these illegals from down south have no intention of becoming loyal citizens of the usa. their first loyalty is to mexico. and their "generals" like juan hernandez are not shy to announce it to the world.
What's going on here? You used to say it was 200-300 million. You have even gone into the billions in some posts.

70 million is a 90% reduction from your previous estimates. That would be a good thing. Right?
Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
What's going on here? You used to say it was 200-300 million. You have even gone into the billions in some posts.
70 million is a 90% reduction from your previous estimates. That would be a good thing. Right?
only an idiot would say that adding 70 millon to our work force is a good thing.

especially since we already have double digit unemployment.

so, that must make you an idiot. right?
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
only an idiot would say that adding 70 millon to our work force is a good thing.
especially since we already have double digit unemployment.
so, that must make you an idiot. right?
Who said anything about adding 70 million. According to you we have removed more than 900 million. Or were your previous estimates inaccurate?
Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about adding 70 million. According to you we have removed more than 900 million. Or were your previous estimates inaccurate?
if you have nothing to add that could justify an amnesty, shut the fu#k up. go puff on some pot. then, you won't have to think too hard, punk.
Eagle Eyes

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

If this second amnesty is given, it will set the progress of African American opportunities back 50 years. We need to support our current citizens and deport every person illegally present - after all, they are already criminals that could have gone through the channels to obtain legal presence as those that made the effort to do. It would be outrageous to reward the criminality.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••