House faces pressure to act on immigration bill

Jun 28, 2013 Full story: Nevada Appeal 106

Members of the bipartisan "Gang of Eight" who crafted the immigration reform bill, Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., center, flanked by Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., left, and Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., leave the floor after final passage in the Senate, at the Capitol in Washington, Thursday, June 27, 2013.

Full Story
Burhan ahmed

United States

#84 Jul 1, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
If this happens the Republicans will lose the majority in the House and then in 2015 Congress is gonna pass a very liberal bill. I think the best time is to do it know when there is a very broad reasonably balanced bipartisan bill.
If Republican likes to keep their majority for house , This is the time they are all working together , It's also help for any others next elections .
NYM8387

United States

#85 Jul 1, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
They need to act for the good of America and Americans. Even though this might seem not a good idea for the people who hate immigration as a whole this is something that would benefit the US economy and the US citizens.
The Senate passed this with a very strong vote ( 100% Democrats and Independents and 31% Republicans ) so the House cannot ignore this for too long. They are just playing "hard to get" a this moment and it's somewhat understandable.
They will ignore it for as long as it takes to kill it.I knew you take everything you hear and post it here,you sound like shcumers dumb behind.Im laughing at you as much as the house laughed at him for his recent comments.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#86 Jul 1, 2013
If Republicans want to be reelected next year they will have to decide if they are Democrats or Republicans. Sarah Palin is already talking about an Independent party. There are enough Democrats, and Republicans upset over both parties to create a strong 3rd party.
spud

Bangor, PA

#87 Jul 1, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
The politicians are people who represent not just their constituents but the corporations as well and there is a huge pressure from those corporations because they got the money and they hold many jobs.
Politicians don't represent their constituents. They represent big $, their party and anything else that will keep them in office. They play their constituents. This amnesty will lower wages and raise unemployment, which is against the constituents but will keep the big money people happy. Constituents lose. This will strengthen the Democratic parties voting base at the expense of the constituents, our economy and our sovereignty. Again the constituents lose. This will take away any chance of success for all the middle and lower class workers these illegals will replace. Constituents lose again. Are you beginning to see a pattern?
Dog1082

El Monte, CA

#88 Jul 1, 2013
Evilmonger wrote:
<quoted text>I pitched my first hay bales when I was 13 and stripped tobacco the next year. Those used to be jobs for American teenagers to help them get a start. Usually, when they got their first real job, it seemed easy after the farm work. Now they can't get that start because those jobs are being done by people who have no right to be here.
or maybe because they are hard workers
NRA Petition

Everett, MA

#90 Jul 1, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
The House bill will not be anything like the Senate bill. They will wrangle over it until next spring, then it will be too late because most of the Lawmakers will be gone. It won't work, and they get nothing.
South Border need this security now!

THanks
DWG

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#91 Jul 1, 2013
House B. U. Double Hockey Sticks !
See the Light

El Paso, TX

#93 Jul 1, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the Gang of 8, the lobbyists, White House have had in mind a strategy for this bill or a negotiated version to pass the House. Otherwise it wouldn't make any sense to write a bill that would only have chances to pass the Senate.
Dems always have a plan in mind, but Republicans know what it is and they won't fall for it again.
See the Light

El Paso, TX

#94 Jul 1, 2013
Burhan ahmed wrote:
<quoted text>
If Republican likes to keep their majority for house , This is the time they are all working together , It's also help for any others next elections .
That's just a Democrat lie. Mexicans here, and illegals are Dems. no matter what.
dwg

Everett, MA

#95 Jul 1, 2013
See the Light wrote:
<quoted text> That's just a Democrat lie. Mexicans here, and illegals are Dems. no matter what.
NRA petition

thanks
dwg
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#96 Jul 1, 2013
I thought the Kenyan President said we have the safest border ever. Was he lying? No!! Of course he was lying.
Cow El

Fishers, IN

#97 Jul 1, 2013
RayOne wrote:
House B. U. Double Hockey Sticks !
Ray Uno! Hu House?;) 3Amnestea Apartmenty!!;-00h, DC is Drama Club;-0

Level 4

Since: Jan 13

Bloomfield, NJ

#98 Jul 1, 2013
NYM8387 wrote:
<quoted text> They will ignore it for as long as it takes to kill it.I knew you take everything you hear and post it here,you sound like shcumers dumb behind.Im laughing at you as much as the house laughed at him for his recent comments.
We'll see who's gonna laugh at the end ;)

Level 4

Since: Jan 13

Bloomfield, NJ

#99 Jul 1, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Politicians don't represent their constituents. They represent big $, their party and anything else that will keep them in office. They play their constituents. This amnesty will lower wages and raise unemployment, which is against the constituents but will keep the big money people happy. Constituents lose. This will strengthen the Democratic parties voting base at the expense of the constituents, our economy and our sovereignty. Again the constituents lose. This will take away any chance of success for all the middle and lower class workers these illegals will replace. Constituents lose again. Are you beginning to see a pattern?
This bill will not lower wages and raise unemployment. Read the CBO report and you'll see the opposite. But you don't need to read any report. It's just common sense for this bill to provide economical growth.

Level 4

Since: Jan 13

Bloomfield, NJ

#100 Jul 1, 2013
See the Light wrote:
<quoted text>Dems always have a plan in mind, but Republicans know what it is and they won't fall for it again.
Either way it's a win win situation for the Democrats lol The Republicans know that passing this bill will not hurt them as much as if they kill it but their ego is too strong at the moment. They need some more time.
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#102 Jul 1, 2013
I am sure if the Democrats had a bill worth passing the Republicans would help them get it passed. It is a Christmas tree for the gimmee, gimmee, gimmee, mine, mine, mine crowd. We will just sit this out until we get a Republican House, and Senate in 2016, and pass what everywe want. See, the low info voter has a short interest span, and they want what they want when they want it, like right now. When you don't deliver they stay home on election day. Last time the Republicans stayed home. Next time it will be the Democrats.
See the Light

El Paso, TX

#103 Jul 1, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
This bill will not lower wages and raise unemployment. Read the CBO report and you'll see the opposite. But you don't need to read any report. It's just common sense for this bill to provide economical growth.
Really? And so how are they gonna contribute to the economy? They pay a few cents now on food and clothes, so whats gonna change if they become legal? Their Medicaid is free and most have FoodStamps and Public Housing. They don't pay for education. America all ready pays billions of dollars for them and don't benefit ,America is just becoming more destitute. So please tell me how its going to be good? LOL
Chicopee

Danbury, CT

#104 Jul 1, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text> Okay. Then how did he get away with that WHATCHAMACALLIT...While Congress was On Break??
Executive privilege...which he has abused to the limit and has been challenged on, both by Congress and Federal courts.

But he can't pass sweeping bills...or even small, ones using Executive Privilege. And any measure implemented through this is just as easy to undo with a signature.
See the Light

El Paso, TX

#105 Jul 1, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Either way it's a win win situation for the Democrats lol The Republicans know that passing this bill will not hurt them as much as if they kill it but their ego is too strong at the moment. They need some more time.
In time , you will see this Bill is bad. I understand you think its cool to be a Liberal.
Chicopee

Danbury, CT

#106 Jul 1, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
They need to act for the good of America and Americans. Even though this might seem not a good idea for the people who hate immigration as a whole this is something that would benefit the US economy and the US citizens.
The Senate passed this with a very strong vote ( 100% Democrats and Independents and 31% Republicans ) so the House cannot ignore this for too long. They are just playing "hard to get" a this moment and it's somewhat understandable.
Why do you say so many people "hate" immigration? People hate illegal immigration and people are angry with their government for allowing this problem to go on so far and so long. Some have let that frustration carry over to the illegal aliens themselves.

They're angry with their government for not protecting citizens first. For not protecting jobs when all the laws required to do that are in place. They can't compete in many job markets, simply because they are legal citizens and it costs a whole lot more for an employer to hire them legally, and it requires a lot more pay when the citizen is responsible for taxes and insurance and has 25% to 40% of their pay going to these costs first.

Illegals who come forward to get on a path to citizenship are in for a big, very expensive surprise, which is why very few will actually do it. And if they're legal, they will be competing, not against better, harder illegal workers, just cheaper ones.

It's all about the $$$.

They're angry over medical and insurance costs, rising in large part to make up for all those who don't pay. They're angry at all the hospital and clinic closures around the country. And they're angry because, as law abiding citizens, they can't get treatment for a hangnail without showing valid ID, they can't begin to get away with giving a fake name and address, and never seeing a bill.

There is no equal protection.

Both sides of this issue only see the benefit or harm to themselves, and can't possibly stand in the shoes of the person on the other side.

With a 14% unemployment rate (E6 rate), 17 million Americans currently under employed, an average decrease of over $5,000 per household, a stagnant, depressed economy, rising health care and health insurance costs, a bad housing market and a faltering world economy, there is no way that adding millions of people to the job market is going to help anyone. It's a warm and fuzzy theory, and that's all it is.

I hate to take the side of Republicans, but I hope they axe this bill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El Paso ID Program Aims to Aid Undocumented 17 min URBS 56
Republican leaders look for escape plan on immi... 36 min Le Duped 14
Mr, masud khan masud rana 41 min masud khan 1
Former Mexico Prez: Illegal Immigrants Stay in ... 1 hr Memo From Turner 28
Bobby Jindal's Love Affair With Hate 2 hr Jaren 35
Govt tells agents to ID which immigrants not to... 2 hr see the light 1
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 2 hr anne bonny 137,357
More from around the web