Can Spanish survive in the USA?

Can Spanish survive in the USA?

There are 91 comments on the Journal and Courier story from Sep 21, 2013, titled Can Spanish survive in the USA?. In it, Journal and Courier reports that:

For Susana Rivera-Mills, it was moving in 1982 from El Salvador to San Francisco at the vulnerable age of 12-and not knowing how to speak a word of English.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal and Courier.

ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#50 Sep 22, 2013
freedom, you also sound like a lunatic! take your meds to calm you down.
Freedom

Pennington Gap, VA

#51 Sep 22, 2013
Brenda besson wrote:
<quoted text>and foodstamps,medical,housing,wha tever they can get,really.america does not want to take care of the looooooosers.
Haha !!!!

WELL WHAT ABOUT THE 8 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR IN WELFARE THAT AMERICA GIVES TO ISRAEL EVERY SINGLE YEAR?

Remember ... We dont want to take care of the looooooosers!!!

:)
libertty

Rockmart, GA

#54 Sep 22, 2013
put them all in traveling freak shows to do freaky things better yet the u.s military
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#57 Sep 22, 2013
Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha !!!!
WELL WHAT ABOUT THE 8 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR IN WELFARE THAT AMERICA GIVES TO ISRAEL EVERY SINGLE YEAR?
what of it? Israel is our allie as a matter of fact OUR ONLY ALLIE IN THAT REGION! WITHOUT THEM WE'D REALLY BE LOST OUT THERE. They deserve every bit of that money and more. They are a small but very powerful and strong country. We need them and they need us. God Bless Israel and the USA!
Armando

United States

#59 Sep 22, 2013
b4its2late wrote:
<quoted text>Whats wrong with that? Israel is our friend. mexico is not.Israel is also very technically advanced. mexico, is well, mexico.
Mexico its not USA friend??? You are a stupid ignorant!!! You are just a dick sucker!
Freedom

Pennington Gap, VA

#60 Sep 22, 2013
b4its2late wrote:
<quoted text>Whats wrong with that? Israel is our friend. mexico is not.Israel is also very technically advanced. mexico, is well, mexico.
Israel is our friend?

Are you joking? Israel is begging the United States to release their spy , Jonathan Pollard , who is in jail in the united states because he was a spy for Israel and spying on Americans!

Israel murdered 34 U.S. Servicemen on the USS Liberty in cold blood! The survivors on the USS Liberty are still protesting against our government to take action against Israel for almost murdering them , using a chemical weapon against them , and murdering 34 of their own! The United States politicians and media refuse to answer questions or talk about the time when Israel slaughtered American Servicemen , they simply ignore the question! When John Mccain was asked during a memorial day speech why he honored all other American troops that lost their lives defending this country but would not honor those that Israel killed on the USS Liberty , he called the guy a jerk and had security to remove him! The guy was sent to ask John Mccain this question on behalf of the survivors of the USS Liberty!

In 2009 ... A Jewish Judge found Israel guilty of War Crimes , using civilians as human shields , using the chemical weapon white phosphorous against innocent civilians , and also crimes against humanity! The Judge that found them guilty was Justice Goldstone and he is the highest ranking judicial official in the whole world!

When the world voted on a bill that would punish Israel for their crimes against humanity ... The united states vetoed the resolution and saved Israel's ass!

Israel has never been your friend!
Israel did not help you in the Korean War. Israel did not help you in the Vietnam war. Israel did not help you in Iraq. Israel did not help you in Afghanistan!

And when Israel was trying to get you to fight their war in Iran , Israeli newspapers talked about how it should be the United States that went to war against Iran and not Israel. The newspaper articles also talked about how Jewish blood was too valuable to spare in a war against Iran. They went on to say that the Jewish members of congress needed to be pressured into sending the less valuable people in to fight their war ... The United States Military! The Gentiles!( non jews )
Freedom

Pennington Gap, VA

#61 Sep 22, 2013
b4its2late wrote:
Israel has done nothing but steal money from the American people !

The Jewish run and owned bank ...
Goldman Sachs committed fraud and committed multiple crimes when they created the financial crisis that hit middle class americans hard in 2008!

And do you know anything about judaism? Under Jewish Law , you are a non jew ... They call you a Gentile!
The Jewish holy book , the Talmud calls for the death of all Gentiles! It says that the virgin Mary was a whore , and also says that Jesus is burning in hell in hot excrement!

The Talmud even praises the Jews for Crucifying Jesus Christ and suggested 4 other Sadistic ways that they should have murdered Jesus!

It says that they should have decapitated Jesus!

It says that they should have buried Jesus alive!

And off the top of my head , i can not remember the other 2!

Ohh wait .... The 3rd way that the Talmud suggested Jews should have murdered Jesus was by pouring a boiling substance down his throat while he wad alive! Boiling led!
Level 5

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#62 Sep 22, 2013
Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel has done nothing but steal money from the American people !
The Jewish run and owned bank ...
Goldman Sachs committed fraud and committed multiple crimes when they created the financial crisis that hit middle class americans hard in 2008!
And do you know anything about judaism? Under Jewish Law , you are a non jew ... They call you a Gentile!
The Jewish holy book , the Talmud calls for the death of all Gentiles! It says that the virgin Mary was a whore , and also says that Jesus is burning in hell in hot excrement!
The Talmud even praises the Jews for Crucifying Jesus Christ and suggested 4 other Sadistic ways that they should have murdered Jesus!
It says that they should have decapitated Jesus!
It says that they should have buried Jesus alive!
And off the top of my head , i can not remember the other 2!
Ohh wait .... The 3rd way that the Talmud suggested Jews should have murdered Jesus was by pouring a boiling substance down his throat while he wad alive! Boiling led!
you sound more and more like a muslim.
Level 5

Location hidden

#63 Sep 22, 2013
Armando wrote:
<quoted text> Mexico its not USA friend??? You are a stupid ignorant!!! You are just a dick sucker!
you ever hear the phrase "with friends like this, who needs enemies?"
Freedom

Pennington Gap, VA

#64 Sep 22, 2013
Israel was not even a state until 1948!

You heard of Israel in the bible! This was King David's kingdom of Israel that now ... Jewish Academics have discovered has absolutely no relation to the Jews of today! And besides this ....
This is Mythology!

HISTORICALLY , ISRAEL NEVER EXISTED UNTIL 1948!

Do you know how Israel was created?

After World War 2 , the world felt sorry for Jewish people because what had happened to them, so they decided to look for a place to create a homeland for Jews!

The zionist leaders at this time were willing to accept anywhere as a home land! They almost ended up creating a Jewish State in South America ....

But in the end ... It was decided that the land Jews could take and face the least amount of resistance ... Was Palestine!
Palestine was very peaceful ! Some Jews already lived peacefully in Palestine ( The Holy Land ) for years side by side with Muslims! So there it was .... A JEWISH STATE WAS TO BE CREATED IN PALESTINE!

But there was a huge problem! Jews came with American weaponry, armor , and tanks! Jews slaughtered the peaceful Palestinians and started removing them from their homes ...
House by house! Palestinians even had to leave their furniture and personal belongings behind!

At the end of the day ... 800,000 Palestinians were removed from their homes and left homeless ! They had to build tents to live in! They were all moved to the West Bank!
Some Palestinians absolutely refused to leave and lots of those were murdered !
Today , the ones that refused to leave in 1948 ... Some are still alive today and live in Israel!

So now we have a state of Israel! But we have another problem! Jews have been leaving Israel ... Crossing the border and going into THE SMALL PIECE OF LAND THAT IS LEFT OF PALESTINE! Israel occupies their lands and has been building Jewish Only cities and Jewish only roads in their land!

It is illegal to settle on lands that you occupy! It is against international law to attack a country .... Steal the country ... Move your citizens into the country ....
And call it your own!

But Israel does this everyday! How do they get away with this? The world has actually tried to punish israel for breaking the law ... And everytime the world vote's on the issue ... All of the countries in the world vote that israel should be punished for its war crimes !
All of the countries in the world , except for maybe 5 always vote that israel has broken the law! But every single time ...
The United States veto's the resolution!
Freedom

Pennington Gap, VA

#65 Sep 22, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>you sound more and more like a muslim.
Im white homie !

Go back to China! Make me some more iphones!
Freedom

Pennington Gap, VA

#66 Sep 23, 2013
Back on the subject of Hispanics ....

Naturally , the animal kingdom usually goes after the weak when hunting prey !

And you people who are taking shots at Hispanics are all animals.

Its easy.... Isnt it ? The people in Mexico can not simply go out and look for jobs like American 's can!

Life is different in Mexico ! I have been there tons of times!

People do what they can to make their lives better . I have no problem with them
Susan

Edwardsville, IL

#67 Sep 23, 2013
>>Well when they cant speak english and dont want to learn,they look at the american and say habla espanol ?just say no even if you do speak spanish.learn or continue to not understand.lol stupids.>>

English is quite obviously not your first language. Grammar is not your strong area either. It is disrespectful not to capitalize the words Spanish, English and American. Just who is "stupid?"

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#68 Sep 23, 2013
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti wrote:
<quoted text> I've got a short story to tell.... I was at Barnes & Noble a couple of months ago and I was checking out some gardening books. I noticed a young couple with a beautiful baby girl about 3-4 yrs old. I love children and have worked with kids and their moms (voluntary) anyway I saw the little girl and said "hi precious, aren't adorable? and the mom kind've rudely said " ella no le gusta el engles, habla espanol? I thought to myself, the kid will learn what ever you teach her you arrogant mexican. So anyway I pretended I didn't understand her and kept talking to the child in English and she was smiling and giggling with me....then the dad told her "say hi, to the nice lady" and the baby said "hi, I'm Pearlita" So it wasn't so much the child, it was the arrogant mom. I would never have imagined that their choice in communicating would be spanish but oh well I did not speak to them in spanish and I could have but like the mom, I chose not to! LOL! the daddy was not arrogant as she was. Oh well, got a kick out of this.
it was the arrogant mom.
Not Lashandra

United States

#69 Sep 23, 2013
Susan wrote:
>>Well when they cant speak english and dont want to learn,they look at the american and say habla espanol ?just say no even if you do speak spanish.learn or continue to not understand.lol stupids.>>
English is quite obviously not your first language. Grammar is not your strong area either. It is disrespectful not to capitalize the words Spanish, English and American. Just who is "stupid?"
I would never capitalize your name, susan. That would insinuate that you are someone to be respected.
Brenda besson

United States

#70 Sep 23, 2013
Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha !!!!
well I never knew we gave food stamps to isreal so now that I know,i say I dont like it but they stay mostly in there places and dont ever do anything .they dont rally carry on demand it.and im sorry to tell you you dont sound white to me
Brenda besson

United States

#71 Sep 23, 2013
Thats isreal,typo.and no I dont want to take care of the loooooooosers.
Rambeaux

Berwyn, PA

#72 Sep 23, 2013
My maternal grandparents were Portuguese immigrants (came through Ellis Island) and spoke mostly the Portuguese language with a smattering of English. Mom was fluent in both Portuguese and English, but spoke to us kids in English only, and did not encourage us to learn the Portuguese tongue. Years later, my siblings and I cannot speak, read, or understand Portuguese.

And I am sure the same situation exists for the grandchildren of Italian and Polish immigrants.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#73 Sep 23, 2013
b4its2late wrote:
Mexico is the US No. 2 trade partner after Canada. Israel is our No. 24 largest trade partner. Mexico has the 14th largest economy in the world. Israel has the 40th largest economy.
Level 5

Location hidden

#75 Sep 23, 2013
Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
Im white homie !
Go back to China! Make me some more iphones!
anybody from any race can be muslim, dumbas#s.

shows how smart you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? 38 min Agents of Corruption 5,125
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 42 min Crazy Beautiful 145,655
News President Trump to meet with Pope Francis 43 min AZPat 1
News Staggering number of visa overstays now biggest... 8 hr tomin cali 1
News Arrest rate of 'non-criminal' illegal immigrant... 10 hr tomin cali 5
News Hispanic exodus from Irving, TX hurts businesses (Oct '07) 10 hr JimGaddio 257
News Australia Puts Illegal Aliens On Notice: Prove ... 11 hr tomin cali 1
More from around the web