Post-Romney, some in GOP reject advic...

Post-Romney, some in GOP reject advice to moderate

There are 51 comments on the Bellingham Herald story from Aug 6, 2013, titled Post-Romney, some in GOP reject advice to moderate. In it, Bellingham Herald reports that:

In this July 24, 2013 file photo, Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas speaks on Capitol Hill in Washington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bellingham Herald.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Aug 6, 2013
That's right. We gotta move even further to the right. Unless we give all wealth to a few rich guys, well, we just don't know what will happen.

We also gotta remove all laws and regulations on the wealthy. Why should the rich have to conform to the same laws as those who work? The rich are special. God loves them more than you.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#2 Aug 6, 2013
As the article says:

"The party's official study of Romney's loss - irreverently called an "autopsy" report - cited Republican activists "frustrated by the party's negative image among women." On messaging in general, the report said, "we must change our tone, especially on certain social issues that are turning off young voters."

Methinks it is going to need a lot more than tone my ultrasound friends.
bob lewis

AOL

#3 Aug 6, 2013
The Republican Party is Toast. America voted to embrace the Totalitarian Obama Agenda and it is too late for sane voices to prevail against them. Life is much easier when you surrender your personal freedoms to Big Brother.

Repubs thought of Americans as Winners. Obama's Progressives think the American people as Losers.
Obama Won.
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

#4 Aug 6, 2013
The Republican establishment chose John McCain, champion of comprehensive immigration reform. Four years later they chose Mitt Romney whose signature piece of legislation in Massachusetts was Romneycare. They are already to the left of most Democrats.
Ewww

Houston, TX

#5 Aug 6, 2013
Is there a party that isn't statist these days? If so, sign me up!
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#6 Aug 6, 2013
Ewww wrote:
Is there a party that isn't statist these days? If so, sign me up!
Right: BUSH=OBAMA=INTERNATIONAL BANKSTER CONTROL

The #1 reason Romney lost was because of Bush. No doubt.

After being on "TOPIX" a number of years it is apparent that when one brings up the pathetic Presidence of Obama, his own advocates don't bother to defend him, BUT RATHER say what about Bush?
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#7 Aug 6, 2013
The sad TRUTH of the matter is that Obama is not even close to being qualified to be President but is artificially propped-up by the CORPORATE FASCIST Propaganda Organs, the mouthpiece of the International Bainksters, like ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, the AP, Reuters, the Washington Post, the NY Times, etc.
Ewww

Houston, TX

#8 Aug 6, 2013
Bush and Obama are the same. Right now Bush is backing Obama's illegal immigration effort.
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#9 Aug 6, 2013
Ewww wrote:
Bush and Obama are the same. Right now Bush is backing Obama's illegal immigration effort.
Of course. They are BOTH Puppets of the GLOBALIST OLIGARCHY, who seek the destruction of the US and Western Europe as Super Powers.

Their GOAL?

"... the work is now much more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The SUPRANATIONAL SOVEREIGNTY of an Intellectual Elite and World Bankers is surely preferable to the National Autodetermination practiced in past centuries."

David Rockefeller [June, 1991]
radiofreeamerica

Holiday, FL

#10 Aug 6, 2013
Post obama-most in democrat party reject advice to moderate.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#11 Aug 6, 2013
I often wonder if Obama, Boehner and Reid meet to lay out the plan for the month. Might go something like this:

OBMAMA - OK, this month we'll find the IRS doing something, then Boehner you act outraged, demand something be done, call for an investigation. Then, Reid you say it was only a low level bureaucrat and they were put on leave. Then I'll demand we get to the bottom of this and promise change.

REID - Can I say the only reason this happened is Beohner is a racist?

BOEHNER - Why do I always have to be the racist?

ALL -(hysterical laughter)

REID - Next month can we do immigration?
bob lewis

AOL

#12 Aug 6, 2013
RustyS wrote:
I often wonder if Obama, Boehner and Reid meet to lay out the plan for the month. Might go something like this:
OBMAMA - OK, this month we'll find the IRS doing something, then Boehner you act outraged, demand something be done, call for an investigation. Then, Reid you say it was only a low level bureaucrat and they were put on leave. Then I'll demand we get to the bottom of this and promise change.
REID - Can I say the only reason this happened is Beohner is a racist?
BOEHNER - Why do I always have to be the racist?
ALL -(hysterical laughter)
REID - Next month can we do immigration?
You are probably right!!! We are just pawns.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Level 1

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#13 Aug 6, 2013
Good, let the GOPasaurs go even FARTHER to the right wing religious wacko faction of the party!

What better way to ensure a President Hillary.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#14 Aug 6, 2013
bob lewis wrote:
The Republican Party is Toast. America voted to embrace the Totalitarian Obama Agenda and it is too late for sane voices to prevail against them. Life is much easier when you surrender your personal freedoms to Big Brother.
Repubs thought of Americans as Winners. Obama's Progressives think the American people as Losers.
Obama Won.
Name one, just one "personal freedom" you have lost since Obama took office.
A Sharpton

Hazen, ND

#15 Aug 6, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
The right to privacy.
EXPERT

United States

#16 Aug 6, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
The right to a trial of my peers.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#17 Aug 6, 2013
A Sharpton wrote:
<quoted text>
The right to privacy.
I am not sure what that means, but if you are referring to the NSA that has been known since 2007. Obama was not president then.

http://news.cnet.com/Appeals-court-dismisses-...
EXPERT

United States

#18 Aug 6, 2013
‘Obama will go down in history as the President who enshrined indefinite detention without trial in U.S. law,’ a Human Rights Watch spokesman said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20809...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#19 Aug 6, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
‘Obama will go down in history as the President who enshrined indefinite detention without trial in U.S. law,’ a Human Rights Watch spokesman said.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20809...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
ummm...it has been enshrined in the US military and intelligence community for decades, you are just finding out about it...
bob lewis

AOL

#20 Aug 6, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
The right to stand tall and proud for America without being targeted by the IRS or the DOJ for being too Patriotic and too Grateful for the Blessings of being American. That's a BIGGIE for a lot of Americans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 3 min Ismail 622
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 11 min The World for Trump 9,752
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 40 min Nopal 240
News Undocumented entrepreneur faces uncertain fate 1 hr Quirky 23
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr johnny belinda 141,567
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 2 hr Trumping On 3,318
When Does Anti-Immigration Go Too Far? (Sep '15) 2 hr Idea Maker 466
More from around the web