Elvira Arellano: From Undocumented Im...

Elvira Arellano: From Undocumented Immigrant to International Activist

There are 1053 comments on the Little Green Footballs story from Jan 18, 2014, titled Elvira Arellano: From Undocumented Immigrant to International Activist. In it, Little Green Footballs reports that:

She crossed the border illegally, like thousands of Mexicans do every year, to find work.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Little Green Footballs.

Quirky

Denver, CO

#475 Feb 22, 2014
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Quirky, when are you going to learn that you don't know anything?
More than you , More than you little fella!

JE JE JE !
Level 6

Since: Apr 10

Las Vegas, NV

#476 Feb 22, 2014
I can not imagine living in a country illegally. Everyday looking over your shoulder, driving, working or just being in the country. Illegal aliens are just a day from being back in the country of their birth. What gets me is, they still commit crimes that will draw attention to them and get them booted out, how stupid is that?

They have it better now than ever before because we have a weak government but like a clock's pendulum that swing from side to side it will swing back in line with law and order. I think the coming money/wall street/ bank and economy collapse will hasten law enforcement, when the money gets very tight.

States that grant driver licenses, illegal alien workers, in state tuition and any other giveaways to non US citizens will find funds to run their states in short supply.
Zanoni022214

Oakland, CA

#477 Feb 22, 2014
OneRepublic wrote:
<quoted text>
Which means you were born in Mexico and are a naturalized American, glad you cleared that up for us.
I've only said this a gazillion times.

I know people, many people, born here who still identify as Mexican.
Zanoni022214

Oakland, CA

#478 Feb 22, 2014
OneRepublic wrote:
<quoted text>
Which means you were born in Mexico and are a naturalized American, glad you cleared that up for us.
One more thing. I'm not a naturalized American citizen. I've always been an American!

I've gone over this many times in the other threads. What part of this countries name is "The United States" do you not understand?

America is this entire western hemisphere, both north and south.

• http://www.usaisnotamerica.com/index.php
• http://9gag.com/gag/1623635
Quirky

Denver, CO

#479 Feb 22, 2014
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Quirky, when are you going to learn that you don't know anything?
Texas senator tells Mexican to "speak English"

Jose

San Francisco, CA

#480 Feb 23, 2014
Zanoni022214 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly amigo!!
Jack Schortz

Philadelphia, PA

#481 Feb 23, 2014
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly amigo!!
jose, tell us some of your best fruit-picking stories, please !!
Zanoni022214

Oakland, CA

#482 Feb 23, 2014
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Texas senator tells Mexican to "speak English"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4PLbrng2TrcXX
I saw part of that video.

On the one hand, he's speaking to a an English speaking Senator. So, yes! He should've spoken in English to him. I don't believe the senator meant any disrespect when he asked, "Why aren't you speaking in English to us." The Senator really didn't understand Spanish.

On the other hand, he had no obligation to speak in any other language other than Spanish if Spanish is his native tongue. WHICH IT IS!!!

A person should always speak in the language of the person he's speaking to!
Zanoni022214

Oakland, CA

#483 Feb 23, 2014
Jack Schortz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not Jose, but one really good fruit picking story is when the Pilgrims were just about ready to die and the Indians (natives) showed them how to grow corn and taught the about the wild turkey.
Guess Who

Sterling, CO

#484 Feb 23, 2014
Zanoni022214 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask them how they feel about the illegals. I too know some of these people and they hate the air the illegals breath.
Guess Who

Sterling, CO

#485 Feb 23, 2014
Zanoni022214 wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw part of that video.
On the one hand, he's speaking to a an English speaking Senator. So, yes! He should've spoken in English to him. I don't believe the senator meant any disrespect when he asked, "Why aren't you speaking in English to us." The Senator really didn't understand Spanish.
On the other hand, he had no obligation to speak in any other language other than Spanish if Spanish is his native tongue. WHICH IT IS!!!
A person should always speak in the language of the person he's speaking to!
Many can speak English and refuse to. They choose to aggravate and it is working very well. I see the people in stores etc. react to a couple of greazers speaking Mezcan and they are not looked upon well. They breed hate and contempt. Especially when they pay their grocery tab with welfare.
Oldglory

Coachella, CA

#487 Feb 23, 2014
Zanoni022214 wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thing. I'm not a naturalized American citizen. I've always been an American!
I've gone over this many times in the other threads. What part of this countries name is "The United States" do you not understand?
America is this entire western hemisphere, both north and south.
• http://www.usaisnotamerica.com/index.php
• http://9gag.com/gag/1623635
Ok, spinmaster since you like to play games with words are you a U.S. citizen?

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#488 Feb 23, 2014
OneRepublic wrote:
<quoted text>
In contrast to that, a couple of years ago, a neighbor was replacing his roof, and the company he hired subcontracted to another company, which hired foreign labor (happened to be latinos, whether they were illegals or not isn't the point for my example). These 'workers' would sit on the roof and heckle women walking by and glare and young girls riding their bikes, I noted this and talked to my neighbor about it, he contacted the roofing company he hired, who replaced the subcontractors with another group of, you guessed it, sub-standard workers. Some contractors don't deserve to be in business, glad it worked out for you!
When the business owner came by with shingle samples, he assured us that the workers would not bother us; the only worker who would talk to us was the foreman. the kicker was that these guys would not take their shirts off. That tickled me, but frankly, I appreciated the level of respect this business owner gave us and expected his workers to show us as well. The job was finished yesterday, and as I suggested, they did a bang-up job. The ground was soft because we had a heavy rain the day prior to their coming out, therefore they will have to repair a few huge ditches they made while hauling their materials to the back. Other than that, the house looks fantastic. We were extremely lucky to have found this company! One more thing, when they took a few breaks, they did it in shifts, meaning there was work going on the entire time they were at our house. That was very refreshing!

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#489 Feb 23, 2014
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you want people to think it's Rico. You see Rico in your cheerios Quirky.
That poster is not a democrat, not an "illegal", and likely not named "Jose". lol
I agree,it is just a fool who likes to pull people's chains. How are you? It's been a long time.
Guess Who

Sterling, CO

#490 Feb 23, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>When the business owner came by with shingle samples, he assured us that the workers would not bother us; the only worker who would talk to us was the foreman. the kicker was that these guys would not take their shirts off. That tickled me, but frankly, I appreciated the level of respect this business owner gave us and expected his workers to show us as well. The job was finished yesterday, and as I suggested, they did a bang-up job. The ground was soft because we had a heavy rain the day prior to their coming out, therefore they will have to repair a few huge ditches they made while hauling their materials to the back. Other than that, the house looks fantastic. We were extremely lucky to have found this company! One more thing, when they took a few breaks, they did it in shifts, meaning there was work going on the entire time they were at our house. That was very refreshing!
Guy down the street with a mezcan crew came up missing his weedeater and his roto-tiller right after they left. No forwarding address. Told him it served him right for hiring beaners!!!
One self loathing Republc

Los Angeles, CA

#491 Feb 23, 2014
OneRepublic wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rico, I always find it astonishing that folks like you call out Americans as being lazy. Meanwhile your people keep coming over here, jumping the fence, hoping that ICE cuts them a break. If Americans are lazy, who built up this country? illiterate Mexican peasants? You're a tired old fool.
What's astonishing is the fact that every time you get your azz whopped with facts your knee jerk reaction is to ASSume it's been Rico.
Your people?
What does that mean?
You're the one whose Mexican family is still trickling steadily into MY Country.
Why don't you tell 'em cowards to stay there and fix their own Country the way you religiously advice Anonymous posters on these threads?
According to you they are financially well off and influential in their native Mexican land.
Have them pull a few strings, click their heels close their eyes and say PRESTO!
That easy!
You twisted Hypocrite.....
Stop guessing

Los Angeles, CA

#492 Feb 23, 2014
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>Guy down the street with a mezcan crew came up missing his weedeater and his roto-tiller right after they left. No forwarding address. Told him it served him right for hiring beaners!!!
Word on the street is the weed eater got lost in your wife's foliage,
And the roto tiller spindle lodged way inside your butt.
Guess Who

Sterling, CO

#493 Feb 23, 2014
Stop guessing wrote:
<quoted text>
Word on the street is the weed eater got lost in your wife's foliage,
And the roto tiller spindle lodged way inside your butt.
Word on the street is you can suck a bowling ball up a half a mile of garden hose. REAL FAST!!! RICO RETARDO!!!
Jose

San Francisco, CA

#494 Feb 23, 2014
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>Word on the street is you can suck a bowling ball up a half a mile of garden hose. REAL FAST!!! RICO RETARDO!!!
Please keep your wife out of the conversation anglo!! LOL!!!
Jose

San Francisco, CA

#495 Feb 23, 2014
Jack Schortz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we all went to the social services office, and picked a load of anglo fruit!! LOL!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Criminal Aliens Are Being Released in US Becaus... 1 min serfs up 11
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 min Chilli J 3,633
News Protests across America of Supreme Court immigr... 2 min Samuels Furnace Man 3
News Ramadan is the strongest antidote for Islamophobia 9 min Old Pom 10
News Donald Trump Targets Illegal Aliens: - We Are a... (Nov '15) 12 min WasteWater 95
News Obama Legacy: Immigration stands as most glarin... 13 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 46 min Frankie Rizzo 942
More from around the web