Elvira Arellano: From Undocumented Im...

Elvira Arellano: From Undocumented Immigrant to International Activist

There are 1053 comments on the Little Green Footballs story from Jan 18, 2014, titled Elvira Arellano: From Undocumented Immigrant to International Activist. In it, Little Green Footballs reports that:

She crossed the border illegally, like thousands of Mexicans do every year, to find work.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Little Green Footballs.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#22 Jan 19, 2014
Agents of Corruption wrote:
<quoted text>
Person of the Year 2006
http://content.time.com/time/specials/package...
Elvira Arellano, 31, has one thing in common with many of the Christians who took refuge in medieval Europe's churches and cathedrals: she has broken the law. Nine years ago, she strolled through an untended turnstile on the U.S.-Mexico border and began the life of an undocumented worker. In the time since, she has had a son, Saul, now 8 years old, by law a U.S. citizen. In 2002, Arellano was arrested in a sweep of O'Hare International Airport for workers with false Social Security numbers.(She was earning $6.50 an hour for cleaning planes.) Sentenced to three years' probation for Social Security fraud, she was issued a deportation order. She pursued several legal reprieves, and when the last one failed on Aug. 15, she sought sanctuary in the church. She says she will not take her son back to a country she gave up for a better life; nor will she leave him to fend for himself in the U.S. "It's wrong to split up families. I'm fighting for my son, not for myself. It's a matter of principle. I don't want him treated like garbage," she says, adding, "I am a mom and a worker. I am not a terrorist."
I'm not for US nor do I live there, but people who came illegally can't be treated as if they did nothing wrong. There are many people from other countries who are educated and want to come to US legally. How many apple pickers does US needs? If she works and obeys the law I have nothing against she and her child staying in US. The problem is I don't decide. What bothers me is that she says I don't want to leave my child alone nor do I want to send my child back to Mexico. It's funny how she "managed" to have a child born in US. By the way where's the father of that child?
Level 6

Since: Apr 10

Las Vegas, NV

#23 Jan 20, 2014
just a guy i knew wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not for US nor do I live there, but people who came illegally can't be treated as if they did nothing wrong. There are many people from other countries who are educated and want to come to US legally. How many apple pickers does US needs? If she works and obeys the law I have nothing against she and her child staying in US. The problem is I don't decide. What bothers me is that she says I don't want to leave my child alone nor do I want to send my child back to Mexico. It's funny how she "managed" to have a child born in US. By the way where's the father of that child?
If she produces the father, then she can't use the welfare system.

Any kid from illegal alien parents should never receive a check from the government. That kid should have a US citizen or a greencard guardian to receive any funds.

If i had it my way, these kids would not be US citizens IAW the 14th Amendment.
Anonymous

Portland, OR

#24 Jan 20, 2014
Oregon has international relations when it comes to shipping and nutritional goods partnerships, and from what was informed to me was that Oregon Uni. has quite a decent educational program when it comes to mixing politics with business, best of all quality and rather cheap tuitions. planning on using this to expand business in Mexico internationally (that is if my father funds me) i admire US international relations very fascinating, i want to make my country better instead of running off to a foreign country. And as for these people i don't know anymore on what to do with this immigration problem
Oldglory

Coachella, CA

#27 Jan 20, 2014
Ignorant_Mexican wrote:
<quoted text>
Why so much hate towards the Mestizos?(learn about a slur before you use it) i would like to hear why you hate on these people.
Did she ever say she hated mestizo Mexicans who stay in their own country or come to ours legally?
Zanoni_002

Oakland, CA

#28 Jan 22, 2014
Holla Isabella wrote:
Elvira Arellano, mother, activist, politician, splc.
Holla Isabella, tramp, trash, cracker, POS!
Zanoni_002

Oakland, CA

#29 Jan 22, 2014
Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
Did she ever say she hated mestizo Mexicans who stay in their own country or come to ours legally?
She probably hates cracker children that somehow got out of the box.
Oldglory

Coachella, CA

#30 Jan 23, 2014
Zanoni_002 wrote:
<quoted text>
She probably hates cracker children that somehow got out of the box.
Cracker children? Racist, much? Do you also call black people the "N" word or is your hatred only reserved for white people?
spud

Girardville, PA

#31 Jan 23, 2014
The Methodist Church lost a lot of potential money from me when they gave her sanctuary. I contacted the church and asked if it was the Methodist church's position that defying US law was acceptable but they never replied to me. Therefore, I stopped all giving. They should lose their tax exempt status too.
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#32 Jan 23, 2014
spud wrote:
The Methodist Church lost a lot of potential money from me when they gave her sanctuary. I contacted the church and asked if it was the Methodist church's position that defying US law was acceptable but they never replied to me. Therefore, I stopped all giving. They should lose their tax exempt status too.
good for you Spud!
Zanoni012314

Oakland, CA

#33 Jan 23, 2014
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
If she produces the father, then she can't use the welfare system.
Any kid from illegal alien parents should never receive a check from the government. That kid should have a US citizen or a greencard guardian to receive any funds.
If i had it my way, these kids would not be US citizens IAW the 14th Amendment.
If I had it my way you wouldn't be a US citizen neither. I'd send all you foreigners back to the lands of your ancestors.
Oldglory

Coachella, CA

#34 Jan 24, 2014
Zanoni012314 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had it my way you wouldn't be a US citizen neither. I'd send all you foreigners back to the lands of your ancestors.
When you going back to Spain?
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#35 Jan 24, 2014
just a guy i knew wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not for US nor do I live there, but people who came illegally can't be treated as if they did nothing wrong. There are many people from other countries who are educated and want to come to US legally. How many apple pickers does US needs? If she works and obeys the law I have nothing against she and her child staying in US. The problem is I don't decide. What bothers me is that she says I don't want to leave my child alone nor do I want to send my child back to Mexico. It's funny how she "managed" to have a child born in US. By the way where's the father of that child?
You don't live here? so don't worry about our problems and mind you're own business. We don't need or want your advice.
Zanoni012414

Oakland, CA

#36 Jan 24, 2014
Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
When you going back to Spain?
I'm Mestizo. I have Iberian (Spanish/Portuguese) and Amerindian in me. My native Amerindian side justifies me staying here. I don't have to leave and go to Spain, nor Portugal for that matter.

BTW, I'm not the one complaining about conditions here, you are, remember?

I'm complaining about your sniveling, if you don't like it here, leave! No one has a gun to your head demanding that you stay here.

You know what to do. "Gitty up outta heah! Pronto!!!!!"
Zanoni012414

Oakland, CA

#37 Jan 24, 2014
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti wrote:
<quoted text> You don't live here? so don't worry about our problems and mind you're own business. We don't need or want your advice.
OMG!!!!! I actually agree with you on something. Wow! Hell must've froze over!!!
Level 6

Las Vegas, NV

#38 Jan 25, 2014
Zanoni012314 wrote:
<quoted text>
You Mexican Indians are foreigners too, i guess you think you popped up out of the ground like flowers. You walked here from Asia but Asia don't want you back, you'll bring down their average and IQ.
Level 6

Las Vegas, NV

#39 Jan 25, 2014
Zanoni012414 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm Mestizo. I have Iberian (Spanish/Portuguese) and Amerindian in me. My native Amerindian side justifies me staying here. I don't have to leave and go to Spain, nor Portugal for that matter.
I'm complaining about your sniveling, if you don't like it here, leave! No one has a gun to your head demanding that you stay here.
So you're a mutt with divided loyalties.
Oldglory

Coachella, CA

#40 Jan 25, 2014
Zanoni012414 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only things that would entitle you to stay in "this" country is if you are a citizen or legal immigrant. The descendants of the tribes that were indigenous to "this" country are all full fledged citizens of this country and they also have a right to be in this country. If you are Mestizo Mexican without permission to be in this country then no you aren't entitled to be in "this" country.

If you think that the descendants of the Europeans who are citizens of this country should go back to Europe then by virtue of you having Spanish ancestors then you should do likewise. You don't get to claim just half of your ancestry to fit your agenda.

Where did I say that I don't like living in the U.S.? But as a law abiding American I have every right to expect our immigration laws to be enforced. That's sniveling to you? And no one likes a smart*ass either. Who the hell do you think you are telling U.S. citizens to get out of their own country? Unlike Mexicans who flee their country I will stay here and fight for my country.
Oldglory

Coachella, CA

#41 Jan 25, 2014
Oh and by the way Zanoni, trying to claim you get to stay here because of your tribal ancestors doesn't cut it either. Your tribal ancestors were from Asia. So take you pick move to Spain or Asia.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#42 Jan 25, 2014
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're a mutt with divided loyalties.
Wrong! He is a troll with no loyalties and many aliases.
I must admit I would like to see just one person post here who is pro-amnesty and capable of making a reasonable argument for their position on the subject. I have been on this board for many years and I have yet to see anybody do that or even attempt to. The closest I have seen are those who have illegal relatives and their only argument is that they want them to be able to stay because they love them. While that is quite understandable it is no excuse to condone and reward people for criminal behavior.
The vast majority of the people who support illegal immigration on this board just provide more incentive to want to deport as many illegals as possible. After all we already have enough dishonest, rude, lazy, self centered low lifers in this country without importing more.
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#43 Jan 25, 2014
Zanoni012414 wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!!!!! I actually agree with you on something. Wow! Hell must've froze over!!!
as I've said before, don't give a damn IF YOU of all posters agree with ANYTHING I post...your brain is fried with anger from all the negative and anti illegal sentiment towards your illegal alien pets from mexihole......... Not really, I'm flattered you agree with me, NOT !!! LOL ! LOL ! now go have yourself a cardiac arrest, will you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? 19 min Quirky 5,324
News Rethink the wall - The new face of illegal immi... 51 min Claire 2
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 58 min Quirky 145,702
News Obama in Berlin: 'We Can't Hide Behind a Wall' 1 hr Quirky 24
News Trump Administration Arrests of Noncriminal Imm... 3 hr Bob 3
News ICE arrests nearly 200 illegal immigrants in Ca... 3 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 3
News Trump calls to cut off tax breaks for illegal i... 3 hr Bob 14
More from around the web