Elvira Arellano: From Undocumented Im...

Elvira Arellano: From Undocumented Immigrant to International Activist

There are 1053 comments on the Little Green Footballs story from Jan 18, 2014, titled Elvira Arellano: From Undocumented Immigrant to International Activist. In it, Little Green Footballs reports that:

She crossed the border illegally, like thousands of Mexicans do every year, to find work.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Little Green Footballs.

Jose

San Francisco, CA

#242 Feb 6, 2014
Oldglory wrote:
LOL! 50 million Hispanics in this country both legally and illegally (and they aren't all Mexicans by a long shot) opposed to 270 million non-Hispanics and they have won without firing a shot? Someone failed at math here.
Yes, cowards would fight with babies rather and than bullets. Good to have that admitted to and pointed out.
We win anyway we can anglo! All is fair in love and war!!:)

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#243 Feb 6, 2014
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> We win anyway we can anglo! All is fair in love and war!!:)
How can making babies that one cannot afford be considered being fair to the children?
Jose

San Francisco, CA

#244 Feb 6, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>How can making babies that one cannot afford be considered being fair to the children?
LOL!!! How stupid can you anglos possibly be? Our "babies" have it a thousand times better here in America than they would ever have it in Mexico! They are guaranteed good food, shelter, medical care, and a wonderful education. Plus, they are all 100% legal American Citizens!!!
Level 6

Since: Apr 10

Las Vegas, NV

#246 Feb 6, 2014
Zanoni020514 wrote:
Anyway OldGloryHole, don't bring the Chinese into this.
It would have been more appropriate for you to ask, "Would you be making the same remarks if millions of 'us' invaded Mexico illegally, hypocrite?"
Don't bring the Chinese into this.
But anyway, my answer to that is, you dumbazzes already did. Remember, you're not native, you're from somewhere else.
Only the Amerindian is native to this land. Did you miss that?
"But anyway, my answer to that is, you dumbazzes already did. Remember, you're not native, you're from somewhere else."

This is the way a 3rd worlder thinks. They think they popped up out of the ground like flowers. Hey Bozo, your not native either, you walked here from Asia and Asia does not want you back, they don't need fruit pickers .
Level 6

Las Vegas, NV

#247 Feb 6, 2014
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> So a clown like you is the product of drunks and Nazis?? LOL!!! In that case, you really need to STFU about immigration!!!
LOL!!! You left your country to sneak into one of drunks and Nazis and it's a couple of steps up from where you came from, what does that say about you?
Level 6

Las Vegas, NV

#248 Feb 6, 2014
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> LOL!!! How stupid can you anglos possibly be? Our "babies" have it a thousand times better here in America than they would ever have it in Mexico! They are guaranteed good food, shelter, medical care, and a wonderful education. Plus, they are all 100% legal American Citizens!!!
But their culture will betray them.

"In New York, Mexicans Lag in Education" Because Mexicans don't push educational values, it's easier to have babies and get welfare, foodstamps.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/25/nyregion/me... ;

Mexican Indians in a white man's world. Put down the firewater.
Level 6

Las Vegas, NV

#249 Feb 6, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>How can making babies that one cannot afford be considered being fair to the children?
The qualify of life is crap. 7,8, or 9 kids. How can you give them your time? I guess in the Mexican culture having alot of children ensures some will make it to adulthood. It is also their social security system, they expect their kids to take care of them in their old age. They plan to be a burden to their children.
Level 6

Las Vegas, NV

#250 Feb 6, 2014
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> There are few jobs in Mexico anglo, unless you want to work 14 hours a day for $20! It is much easier to just jump that border to America, where even the poorest of us will be 1000 times better off than the ones who remain in Mexico.
Until you're riding in the back of a ICE bus heading south.

I can never imagine myself in the position of a illegal alien. Afraid to make changes in my country where they have the voting power to do something but would rather flee to a country that does not want them.
Level 6

Las Vegas, NV

#251 Feb 6, 2014
Zanoni020214 wrote:
"Arellano morphed from a fearful undocumented immigrant to an international activist."
I like how that article ended. It's that morphing that I love. It's called "an awakening."
It's this awakening that the Inti sun in the Hispanic flag represents. The awakening of the new lands, the new people.
It's the sleeping giant waking up.
Oh sure, do what thou wilt whilst it sleeps. But you'll rue the day it wakes up.
You kidding right? Mexican Indians come from a lawless hellhole. From a place where they have all the power but can't put enough brain power together to figure things out. "an awakening" to pressure a foreign government to allow them to stay illegally in their country?

What a @ss backwards people are these. They are saying that they will never to able to take care of themselves even if you set their country straight. In 20 years it would back to where it was and worst.
Level 6

Las Vegas, NV

#252 Feb 6, 2014
Elvira Arellano: From Illegal alien to International Illegal alien supporter.

We in the US, don't care. This shows you how stupid illegal aliens are. You would think since they are illegal in the country they would keep a low profile. No, they go out and commit crimes as if they were still home, that's where their betraying culture comes in.

When they get arrested they are all dumb founded, i have a US born son, i have family. Should have thought about that before committing the crime. This woman came back after being deported, crapping on our laws.

Hope she enjoys her stay in the country of her birth.
Level 6

Las Vegas, NV

#253 Feb 6, 2014
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> We win anyway we can anglo! All is fair in love and war!!:)
You win? Look at the Hispanic school system in LA? 85% of students in English as a second language classes in California are US born, these kids are going nowhere.

Many Hispanics want to go to college, what's the grad rate? Pouring money down a well. Here in Las Vegas the high grad rate is about 60%. Mexican Indians are bringing percentage. Dropping out and having babies. Well there's always welfare and foodstamps. Better than living in Mexico, huh?
Jose

San Francisco, CA

#254 Feb 6, 2014
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! You left your country to sneak into one of drunks and Nazis and it's a couple of steps up from where you came from, what does that say about you?
It says that I am smart enough to come to a place where clueless anglo fools just love to give money and freebies away!! LOL!!!
Jose

San Francisco, CA

#255 Feb 7, 2014
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
The qualify of life is crap. 7,8, or 9 kids. How can you give them your time? I guess in the Mexican culture having alot of children ensures some will make it to adulthood. It is also their social security system, they expect their kids to take care of them in their old age. They plan to be a burden to their children.
Our religion forbids birth control or abortions! Our children are gifts from heaven!!:)
Jose

San Francisco, CA

#256 Feb 7, 2014
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you're riding in the back of a ICE bus heading south.
I can never imagine myself in the position of a illegal alien. Afraid to make changes in my country where they have the voting power to do something but would rather flee to a country that does not want them.
We could care less if we are "wanted"! LOL!!! Coming over that border was the best move any of us have ever made!
Jose

San Francisco, CA

#257 Feb 7, 2014
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
You win? Look at the Hispanic school system in LA? 85% of students in English as a second language classes in California are US born, these kids are going nowhere.
Many Hispanics want to go to college, what's the grad rate? Pouring money down a well. Here in Las Vegas the high grad rate is about 60%. Mexican Indians are bringing percentage. Dropping out and having babies. Well there's always welfare and foodstamps. Better than living in Mexico, huh?
Infinitely better!!!

Level 10

Location hidden

#259 Feb 7, 2014
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> LOL!!! How stupid can you anglos possibly be? Our "babies" have it a thousand times better here in America than they would ever have it in Mexico! They are guaranteed good food, shelter, medical care, and a wonderful education. Plus, they are all 100% legal American Citizens!!!
Gee, so stuffing 12 people into a simgle family abode with 2-3 bedrooms is considered good? Check your prioritities, and be sure that you put your kids first before yourself. That seems to be a big problem with you. Funny thing, far too many of your kids are not doing as well as we'd like with the "wonderful education" of which they are being afforded thanks to the taxpayers. Dumping your children into the nest of taxpayers, much like the cuckoo bird is nothing of which to be proud. You do realize that a cuckoo is considered a parasite, right?

Level 10

Location hidden

#260 Feb 7, 2014
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> Our religion forbids birth control or abortions! Our children are gifts from heaven!!:)
Did you know that your religion also instructs you to obey the laws of man as well as those of God?
Oldglory

Coachella, CA

#261 Feb 7, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know that your religion also instructs you to obey the laws of man as well as those of God?
They only obey the laws of God when it suits them. What a hypocrite using their religion as reason to pro-create irresponsibly while they disobey many of the Ten Commandments such as thou shalt not steal, lie, covet thy neighbor. The Catholic religion does not forbid all types of birth control either. They are ok with abstinence and the rythem method. Of course being the oversexed fools that they are they don't care about responsibllity. They prefer to hump away at wlll and then let the U.S. taxpayer care for their broods. How they look themselves in the mirror each day is beyond me.

Level 10

Location hidden

#263 Feb 7, 2014
Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
They only obey the laws of God when it suits them. What a hypocrite using their religion as reason to pro-create irresponsibly while they disobey many of the Ten Commandments such as thou shalt not steal, lie, covet thy neighbor. The Catholic religion does not forbid all types of birth control either. They are ok with abstinence and the rythem method. Of course being the oversexed fools that they are they don't care about responsibllity. They prefer to hump away at wlll and then let the U.S. taxpayer care for their broods. How they look themselves in the mirror each day is beyond me.
Abstinence and the rythym method. are good points to bring up. The problem is that too many people like this poster like to make excuses rather than face the truth. Too many people are having kids for the wrong reasons. Having self-control and personal responsiblity is becomeing a thing of the past. There are always going to be politicans who will make excuses for those who prefer to be spoonfed, rather than to earn their own keep. There will always be those who think they are owed a living.

Level 10

Location hidden

#264 Feb 7, 2014
S/B: becoming...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 15 min Chilli J 7,976
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 21 min Just Slim 142,258
News LETTERS: Tip lines, 'empathy,' and more (May '09) 1 hr Newsome 6
News Trump Vows to Begin Deportations Immediately If... 1 hr Ave purisima 23
News The Latest: Trump gets support from leader of '... 2 hr YouDidntBuildThat 14
News What is Donald Trump's immigration plan -- and ... 2 hr tomin cali 1
News Trump immigration waffle reflects voter confusi... 3 hr PauldenZangpo0521 11
More from around the web