More than 1,000 at Fremont council meeting

Full story: The Topeka Capital-Journal

A proposed ordinance targeting illegal immigration drew more than 1,000 people and a heavy police presence at Tuesday night's city council meeting.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
NE Red

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

And thanks to Mayor Dnald Edwards it won't go forward. People of Fremont need to either petition for his removal or not retain him. This is outrageous. It certainly wasn't worth the drive to listen to representatives of churches and I'll say nothing at this time about Omaha's pro-illegal groups and of course Cindy Gonzales and her slanted reporting! This isn't over!
NE Red

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

Mayor Donald Edwards
NE Red

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

Channel 3 news, Omaha. Mayor Donald Edwards "slipped out the back door" avoiding the news media. Others interviewed stated he needn't run for re-election, the Citizens of Fremont won't forget!
plopsdad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

NE Red wrote:
And thanks to Mayor Dnald Edwards it won't go forward. People of Fremont need to either petition for his removal or not retain him. This is outrageous. It certainly wasn't worth the drive to listen to representatives of churches and I'll say nothing at this time about Omaha's pro-illegal groups and of course Cindy Gonzales and her slanted reporting! This isn't over!
I take it you were at the meeting? Just interested in the tactics used by the pro illegal immigrant people.
NE Red

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

plopsdad wrote:
<quoted text>I take it you were at the meeting? Just interested in the tactics used by the pro illegal immigrant people.
Same 'ole, same 'ole crap. When the Mayor broke the tie vote..........basically Hispanics (including known illegals) stood up and cheered. There's an article on the front page of today's Omaha World-Herald, Cindy Gonzales, reporter. As soon as it gets to the newswire, I'll put it up. Personally I would like to shake the crap out of another do-gooder with the "we were all immigrants at one point." The live news locally is better than anything I've seen in print. People are outraged! And I'm so disgusted I'm having problems writing anything that won't be flagged.......
plopsdad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

NE Red wrote:
<quoted text> Same 'ole, same 'ole crap. When the Mayor broke the tie vote..........basically Hispanics (including known illegals) stood up and cheered. There's an article on the front page of today's Omaha World-Herald, Cindy Gonzales, reporter. As soon as it gets to the newswire, I'll put it up. Personally I would like to shake the crap out of another do-gooder with the "we were all immigrants at one point." The live news locally is better than anything I've seen in print. People are outraged! And I'm so disgusted I'm having problems writing anything that won't be flagged.......
The article said a final hearing and vote wont be till Aug, is that incorrect?? When's the mayors term up and is he planning on running for re-election?
NE Red

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

plopsdad wrote:
<quoted text>The article said a final hearing and vote wont be till Aug, is that incorrect?? When's the mayors term up and is he planning on running for re-election?
No they voted to susupend the rules and move and move up and Aug 26th vote. Deadlocked, Mayor broke the deadlock, voting NO. People I talked with here this morning are also angry. The mayor stated he'd talked with Omaha attorneys who advised against the plan. OMG, Omaha and our Mayor are pro-illegals and pro-Hispanics. Lou Dobbs several months ago did a special. I nearly threw a shoe at my TV, when Omaha was stated as being a sanctuary city.......
plopsdad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

NE Red wrote:
<quoted text> No they voted to susupend the rules and move and move up and Aug 26th vote. Deadlocked, Mayor broke the deadlock, voting NO. People I talked with here this morning are also angry. The mayor stated he'd talked with Omaha attorneys who advised against the plan. OMG, Omaha and our Mayor are pro-illegals and pro-Hispanics. Lou Dobbs several months ago did a special. I nearly threw a shoe at my TV, when Omaha was stated as being a sanctuary city.......
Than it isnt over,not by a long shot.If anything was proven during the last amnesty push, it was that people in office will listen to the people. Dont wait for the next meeting, gather everyone who will work with you and picket the city hall one day, a few days in a row, a weekend or something. Hell march in front of his home, he's no one that special. Hound this mans office with calls and the like.And a few recall posters would get noticed real well in a crowd outside his office. Dont think about this as a defeat, think about it as a chance to get all your ducks in a row.Email or snail mail his office, and not just you but those who are on your side.If you sit back and wait, he will steam roll over you, that exactly what bush wanted and the 2 presidential front runners want, they want you to sit back, say nothing and do as your told.Hell, call or write Lou about your plans also, a 30 second piece on his show could really help as well.

“PlainThoughtsDel iveredRoughly”

Since: Aug 07

TheUniverseBendsTowardsJustice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

We as Nebraskans and all Americans should let Mayor Edwards Know what a piece of crap he is......

http://www.fremont.ne.gov/index.asp...
Old Skippys info
http://phbook.addresses.com/results.php...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

NoMoreMoney

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

Captain Jack wrote:
We as Nebraskans and all Americans should let Mayor Edwards Know what a piece of crap he is......
http://www.fremont.ne.gov/index.asp...
Old Skippys info
http://phbook.addresses.com/results.php...
I'm on it Captain! I just posted my comment in wowt also. They like to play "decision maker" so I'll be shocked to see if what I had to say about the mayor is allowed. If only we knew how much money Mayor Edwards has received from the meat packing companies during his tenure.....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

NoMoreMoney wrote:
<quoted text> I'm on it Captain! I just posted my comment in wowt also. They like to play "decision maker" so I'll be shocked to see if what I had to say about the mayor is allowed. If only we knew how much money Mayor Edwards has received from the meat packing companies during his tenure.....
What is wowt?
NE Red

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

Captain Jack wrote:
<quoted text>What is wowt?
Sorry. Channel 6 Omaha wowt.com . I still haven't got the crayola, scissors, paste thing down. Just open it as a file........E-Verify was extended 5 years, yippee!!!!!
NE Reds Momma

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

Judged:

NE Red wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry. Channel 6 Omaha wowt.com . I still haven't got the crayola, scissors, paste thing down. Just open it as a file........E-Verify was extended 5 years, yippee!!!!!
Please stop the hate! And get me a taco!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

Judged:

The city council who voted it down are:
Gary Bolton
John Anderson
Scott Getzscham
Jon Gilfry and the mayor

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

Im wondering how many people we can get to boycott Hormell products , you know if you knew what it means to have illegal alien labor whould you put that food to your lips.......
First of all illegal aliens have not been through the immigration process , than means no medical screening . In Nebraska there is no health screening for any workers so anybody with anything could be handling your food. The health check is for TB , that test is given by employer and is not before they handle the meat.
The ecoli that is a constant threat humans and found in our food is from human bacteria ( Human Poop) due to failure to use TP or wash by illegal alien labor.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

The illegal aliens are takeing jobs that Americans were doing and driving our wages into the dirt. The empolyer make tons of money useing and abuseing illegal alien labor , the employer is the ultimate culprit in this fiasco and should be held accountable but, are they.........
I say we the people have work to do BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT!
Katie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

NE Reds Momma wrote:
<quoted text>Please stop the hate! And get me a taco!
Soft or Dorado?
Michael

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

Judged:

Mayor Skip Edwards was courageous last night and he deserves kudos for realizing that the illegal immigration ordinance would have created a precarious liability situation for Fremont. I think he should get a medal for community patriotism -- he took a principled position to protect the financial integrity of his community at personal political risk to himself.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

Michael wrote:
Mayor Skip Edwards was courageous last night and he deserves kudos for realizing that the illegal immigration ordinance would have created a precarious liability situation for Fremont. I think he should get a medal for community patriotism -- he took a principled position to protect the financial integrity of his community at personal political risk to himself.
He is a woosy . Why not have a law that you need to know who lives in your rentals . That jus being responsible for your property.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••