Obama: - Gun Control - We Had 80, 90%...

Obama: - Gun Control - We Had 80, 90% of the Country That Agreed With It'CNS

There are 2469 comments on the Cybercast News Service story from Sep 16, 2013, titled Obama: - Gun Control - We Had 80, 90% of the Country That Agreed With It'CNS. In it, Cybercast News Service reports that:

Appearing on ABC News's "This Week With George Stephanopoulos" on Sunday, President Barack Obama said he had 80 to 90 percent of the country agreeing with him in favor of gun control, but the he could not get gun-control legislation enacted because of a "faction of the Republican Party."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cybercast News Service.

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1945 Nov 1, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
The first 10 amendments had ALREADY been totally "incorporated" on December 15, 1791. Which is when the Bill of Rights had been ratified by the requisite number of states.
"Congress of the United States;
"Begun and held at the City of New York, on Wednesday, the 4th of March, 1789.
"The conventions of a number of the states having, at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added; and as extending the ground of public confidence in the government will best insure the beneficent ends of its institution;--
"Resolved, by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, two thirds of both houses concurring, that the following articles be proposed to the legislatures of the several states, as amendments to the Constitution of the United States, all or any of which articles, when ratified by three fourths of the said legislatures, to be valid, to all intents and purposes, as part of the said Constitution, namely,--..."
"Art. IV.[Later abridged to II.- Ed. by EDQ](The following breakdown of Amendment II by clauses is not contained in the original document - Ed. by EDQ).
"Declaratory" clause:
"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state,
Restrictive
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Article. IV.
Section. 1.
Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.
Section. 2.
The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.
Article VI - This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.--U.S. Constituion
"The Senators and Representatives, and the members of the several State legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and the several States, shall be bound by oath or affirmation to support this Constitution.''It has been asked why it was thought necessary, that the State magistracy should be bound to support the federal Constitution, and unnecessary that a like oath should be imposed on the officers of the United States, in favor of the State constitutions. Several reasons might be assigned for the distinction. I content myself with one, which is obvious and conclusive. The members of the federal government will have no agency in carrying the State constitutions into effect. The members and officers of the State governments, on the contrary, will have an essential agency in giving effect to the federal Constitution."
- James Madison, Federalist No. 44, New York Packet, Friday, January 25, 1788.
Take a hike.
Take a hike back to US History and US Government Classes so you have an understanding how the US Constitution works and has been amemdment since the inception of the Original US Constitution.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#1946 Nov 1, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>It's your right. Protect it.
I intend to.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1947 Nov 1, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
I use mine for the same reason those that wrote the Constitution used theirs. There were criminals in those days, too, just like today..
They used theirs to eat.

It took them about a minute to load one shot.

When they shot: they were looking at dinner.

One shot. When they needed it.

They were used to keep "criminals" at bay.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1948 Nov 1, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
No one can prevent felons from getting their hands on guns..
Sure they can and they have and they continue to prevent felons from getting firearms.

Millions.

Felons don't flock to gun shows in states where ALL gun sales require background checks.

They do in states where the NRA still insists people like you should be able to sell firearms to complete total strangers.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1949 Nov 1, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
No one can prevent felons from getting their hands on guns. Guns disappear from police evidence lockers all the time. It's happened here in GA.
Right... police evidence lockers...

So in Georgia there are no restrictions on stranger gun sales, here's a thought: require all gun sales to be recorded and all "police" guns be destroyed after they are no longer required as evidence.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#1950 Nov 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right... police evidence lockers...
So in Georgia there are no restrictions on stranger gun sales, here's a thought: require all gun sales to be recorded and all "police" guns be destroyed after they are no longer required as evidence.
Whose going to destroy them. Many have been stolen and no one knew who did it. As far as stranger gun sales go, oh yeah, somebody wanting to make a living on selling guns to anybody on the streets and a restriction for that would be a joke. Low lifes make livings on obtaining and selling weapons to anyone that will buy them. Yeah so try restricting that.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1951 Nov 1, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
<quoted text>Whose going to destroy them.
Putting aside you have posted no proof that theft of guns from police evidence lockers is a problem, all evidence- outside some hick police operation we see on TV and movies- is recorded and access to them strictly controlled.

I suggest that firearms be destroyed- as drugs seized is destroyed.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1952 Nov 1, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
As far as stranger gun sales go, oh yeah, somebody wanting to make a living on selling guns to anybody on the streets and a restriction for that would be a joke.
I say: YOU need to be restricted from selling guns to strangers.

I don't care if you sell one, or sell fifty.

And I say if you sell more than one gun a month a year: you are running a business.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1953 Nov 1, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
Low lifes make livings on obtaining and selling weapons to anyone that will buy them.
Low lifes are people who sell one gun to someone they don't know.

One.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#1954 Nov 1, 2013
Low-lifes are the ones who think they can control the actions of criminals by restricting the actions of the law-abiding.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#1955 Nov 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting aside you have posted no proof that theft of guns from police evidence lockers is a problem, all evidence- outside some hick police operation we see on TV and movies- is recorded and access to them strictly controlled.
I suggest that firearms be destroyed- as drugs seized is destroyed.
I didn't say it was an on going problem. I just said it had happened in the past. Don't put words in my mouth. I'm law enforcements biggest fan. I just stated there are bad apples in every basket. It happens sometimes. It's just one of life's little facts.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1958 Nov 1, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say it was an on going problem. I just said it had happened in the past. Don't put words in my mouth..
I don't need to put words in your mouth, darling: I take them as they come out.

YOU were whining about guns leaving evidence lockers.

YOU brought it up.

And now you are running away from it.

And YOU don't seem to have a problem selling weapons to complete strangers.

What did I miss?

Level 5

Location hidden

#1959 Nov 1, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
Low-lifes are the ones who think they can control the actions of criminals by restricting the actions of the law-abiding.
Liars are the ones who insist they are quoting when they can find the actual quotes and they try to pass off their invented quotes as actual quotes.

Wipe your chin, Sticky.

You hold open the doors for the felons as they make their way to people like you who are all to happy to sell guns to complete strangers.

Level 1

Southeast Virginia

#1960 Nov 1, 2013
PrinceofDarkness wrote:
<quoted text>
you are still having problems explaining why the southern hillbilly states with the most guns and least gun controls have the highest rates of crime and violence. Perhaps it has to do with the facts you are so full of $-hit....
Because there is a lot more to it than mere gun posession dipshit. Poverty for example. Still waiting for you to explain why even though CA has some of the most strigent gun restrictions in the country, it also has the highest total number of MURDERS with firearms.....by FAR.

Level 1

Southeast Virginia

#1961 Nov 1, 2013
PrinceofDarkness wrote:
October 29, 2013
The recently released FBI's crime statistics for 2012, once again show the American South dominating the list of states with the highest per capita homicide rates. Louisiana led the nation with a murder rate of 10.8 homicides per 100,000 population.
Louisiana's Southern neighbor, Mississippi was second with a homicide rate of 7.4 per 100,000. Alabama (7.1), Michigan (7.0) and South Carolina (6.9) rounded out the top five most murderous U.S. states in 2012. Missouri (6.5), Tennessee (6.0), Georgia and Arkansas also ranked in the top ten states, with Georgia and Arkansas tying for 10th at 5.9 murders per 100,000.
Top Five Total Firearm Murders (same source):
1. CA - 1,304
2. TX - 745
3. MI - 536
4. PA - 522
5. IL - 439

And these are actually murder numbers. Not rates.

Level 1

Southeast Virginia

#1962 Nov 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Liars are the ones who insist they are quoting when they can find the actual quotes and they try to pass off their invented quotes as actual quotes.
Wipe your chin, Sticky.
You hold open the doors for the felons as they make their way to people like you who are all to happy to sell guns to complete strangers.
WTF are you talking about. I wasn't quoting anyone, you f-ing moron.

And I have never sold a gun to a complete stranger, so your point is MOOT.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1963 Nov 1, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there is a lot more to it than mere gun posession dipshit. Poverty for example.
Funny how when racist bigots like yourself insist blacks are responsible for violence in the USA you don't consider poverty, eh, dipsh!t?

PS: Don't be stupid... or try not to be so stupid. There is a direct link between number of guns and the amount of gun violence.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1964 Nov 1, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
And I have never sold a gun to a complete stranger, so your point is MOOT.
You don't know what MOOT means.

And I remind you every m/f c/s time you whine about it: I don't care if you have EVER sold a gun, if you insist that you should be allowed to sell to strangers, you stupid m/f c/s d/l lying MO-ron, then - and here is the key: you insist that you should be allowed to sell to fellow felons, wife beaters, and mental midgets.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1965 Nov 1, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Top Five Total Firearm Murders (same source):
GOSH!

So you are suggesting that a population of 38 million people has more fatalities than a state with less than a million people?

Let's put our top scientists on it and see if you can figure out why!!!
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#1966 Nov 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to put words in your mouth, darling: I take them as they come out.
YOU were whining about guns leaving evidence lockers.
YOU brought it up.
And now you are running away from it.
And YOU don't seem to have a problem selling weapons to complete strangers.
What did I miss?
Whatever!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 5 min Synque 7,323
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 26 min Character before ... 10,968
News Can Sheriff Joe Arpaio win re-election in the f... 42 min Donnie 1
News Washington Post: U.S. needs illegal immigrants ... 3 hr Dee Dee Dee 1
Do Mexicans poop a lot eating all that spicey f... (Aug '10) 3 hr Horse 2
News Latinos: A New Immigration Plan From Donald Tru... 3 hr HOLLA ISABELLA 3
News Joe Guzzardi: UC Shows Blatant Favoritism towar... 4 hr Dee Dee Dee 2
More from around the web