Obama: - Gun Control - We Had 80, 90% of the Country That Agreed With It'CNS

There are 20 comments on the Sep 16, 2013, Cybercast News Service story titled Obama: - Gun Control - We Had 80, 90% of the Country That Agreed With It'CNS. In it, Cybercast News Service reports that:

Appearing on ABC News's "This Week With George Stephanopoulos" on Sunday, President Barack Obama said he had 80 to 90 percent of the country agreeing with him in favor of gun control, but the he could not get gun-control legislation enacted because of a "faction of the Republican Party."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cybercast News Service.

Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#1938 Oct 31, 2013
I'm not a felon. My weapon belonged to my Dad. It's probably 40 years old. I've been told there's no telling what it's worth. I use it like he did. Protection of myself and my home. It may be old but I have it loaded with hollow points. It will bring down whatever I hit it with. "Out of my cold dead hands". I use mine for the same reason those that wrote the Constitution used theirs. There were criminals in those days, too, just like today. Not as many but just as dangerous as the ones we have now. Our country is larger, more people. I'm sure if there were records from the early days and prior to the days after this nation was born, we'd find probably the percentage of chrimals would be about the same. Bad people preyed on good people just as they do today. There have always been mentally ill folks too. Many of them probably resorted to violence mostly toward their on family members because farms and villages were great distances. Who can say how many of the crazies back then didn't murder their families then roam the country. Whose to say. I don't know.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#1939 Oct 31, 2013
No one can prevent felons from getting their hands on guns. Guns disappear from police evidence lockers all the time. It's happened here in GA. So what's with that and where are those weapons now. There are corrupt cops all over the place just like there are good ones.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Yellowknife NT

#1941 Nov 1, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
No one can prevent felons from getting their hands on guns. Guns disappear from police evidence lockers all the time. It's happened here in GA. So what's with that and where are those weapons now. There are corrupt cops all over the place just like there are good ones.
Very true.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Yellowknife NT

#1942 Nov 1, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
I'm not a felon. My weapon belonged to my Dad. It's probably 40 years old. I've been told there's no telling what it's worth. I use it like he did. Protection of myself and my home. It may be old but I have it loaded with hollow points. It will bring down whatever I hit it with. "Out of my cold dead hands". I use mine for the same reason those that wrote the Constitution used theirs. There were criminals in those days, too, just like today. Not as many but just as dangerous as the ones we have now. Our country is larger, more people. I'm sure if there were records from the early days and prior to the days after this nation was born, we'd find probably the percentage of chrimals would be about the same. Bad people preyed on good people just as they do today. There have always been mentally ill folks too. Many of them probably resorted to violence mostly toward their on family members because farms and villages were great distances. Who can say how many of the crazies back then didn't murder their families then roam the country. Whose to say. I don't know.
It's your right. Protect it.

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1943 Nov 1, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite, O' treasonous and clueless one. My position is that NEITHER the federal OR the states have the 'right' to impose ANY restrictions WHATSOEVER. Rather, they are ALL Constitutionally BOUND from enacting ANY 'gun control laws' WHATSOEVER. They only have the Constitutionally delegated authority to provide punishments for ABUSE or MISUSE of the right to keep and bear arms.
The 14th amendment mostly involved the new rights of FREED SLAVES. As well as covering other issues that arose as a result of the Civil War. IT DID NOT 'INCORPORATE' ANYTHING. Rather, as pointed out by Mr. Justice [Hugo] Black, in dissent,(along with Justices Douglas and Swayne), in Adamson v. People Of State Of California, U.S. Supreme Court, June 23, 1947. THOSE RIGHTS EXISTED ALREADY. And he PROVED that the 'incorporation doctrine' IS A FARCE.
Go "lick the hands which feed you", and take a hike.
you are clueless and have proven it and part of the same group that wants to keep the establishment in place that you worship which is why you were the ones that were doing everything to stop the Mcdonald v Chicago case from preceeding to the SCOTUS because it went against your agenda which you are proving here.

Level 1

Location hidden

#1944 Nov 1, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite. As ALL of the state Constitutions of the former confederate states AFTER the Civil War PROVES most conclusively. That which >you< are claiming was nothing more than a FRAUD perpetrated against We The People by the kongress and kourts. The Bill of Rights was INTENDED to apply to ALL forms of American government since 1791. ALL of the states that have entered the Union AGREED to that when they entered into the compact. And NOTHING alters that FACT. Just because the kangaroo kourts have fiddled with it and declare it not to be so. Does NOT mean that is the truth of the matter. And >you< are doing nothing ore than perpetuating a bold faced LIE.
nothing was perpetrated that was the intent with the Reconstruction Amendments to the US Costitution to alter the US Constitution which they did especially the 14th amendment which weakened the authority granted by the US Constitution to the US Federal Government involvement in State Rights and how do you think for years in the south the south got away with Jim Crow Laws because of the flaw in the 14th amendment which excluded the US Bill of Rights from states and made each state its own Country within the United States.

Getting the 14th Amendment Right

The Chicago gun case and the fight for economic liberty

Damon W. Root | February 26, 2010

http://reason.com/archives/2010/02/26/getting...

Level 1

Location hidden

#1945 Nov 1, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
The first 10 amendments had ALREADY been totally "incorporated" on December 15, 1791. Which is when the Bill of Rights had been ratified by the requisite number of states.
"Congress of the United States;
"Begun and held at the City of New York, on Wednesday, the 4th of March, 1789.
"The conventions of a number of the states having, at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added; and as extending the ground of public confidence in the government will best insure the beneficent ends of its institution;--
"Resolved, by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, two thirds of both houses concurring, that the following articles be proposed to the legislatures of the several states, as amendments to the Constitution of the United States, all or any of which articles, when ratified by three fourths of the said legislatures, to be valid, to all intents and purposes, as part of the said Constitution, namely,--..."
"Art. IV.[Later abridged to II.- Ed. by EDQ](The following breakdown of Amendment II by clauses is not contained in the original document - Ed. by EDQ).
"Declaratory" clause:
"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state,
Restrictive
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Article. IV.
Section. 1.
Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.
Section. 2.
The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.
Article VI - This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.--U.S. Constituion
"The Senators and Representatives, and the members of the several State legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and the several States, shall be bound by oath or affirmation to support this Constitution.''It has been asked why it was thought necessary, that the State magistracy should be bound to support the federal Constitution, and unnecessary that a like oath should be imposed on the officers of the United States, in favor of the State constitutions. Several reasons might be assigned for the distinction. I content myself with one, which is obvious and conclusive. The members of the federal government will have no agency in carrying the State constitutions into effect. The members and officers of the State governments, on the contrary, will have an essential agency in giving effect to the federal Constitution."
- James Madison, Federalist No. 44, New York Packet, Friday, January 25, 1788.
Take a hike.
Take a hike back to US History and US Government Classes so you have an understanding how the US Constitution works and has been amemdment since the inception of the Original US Constitution.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#1946 Nov 1, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>It's your right. Protect it.
I intend to.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1947 Nov 1, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
I use mine for the same reason those that wrote the Constitution used theirs. There were criminals in those days, too, just like today..
They used theirs to eat.

It took them about a minute to load one shot.

When they shot: they were looking at dinner.

One shot. When they needed it.

They were used to keep "criminals" at bay.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1948 Nov 1, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
No one can prevent felons from getting their hands on guns..
Sure they can and they have and they continue to prevent felons from getting firearms.

Millions.

Felons don't flock to gun shows in states where ALL gun sales require background checks.

They do in states where the NRA still insists people like you should be able to sell firearms to complete total strangers.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1949 Nov 1, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
No one can prevent felons from getting their hands on guns. Guns disappear from police evidence lockers all the time. It's happened here in GA.
Right... police evidence lockers...

So in Georgia there are no restrictions on stranger gun sales, here's a thought: require all gun sales to be recorded and all "police" guns be destroyed after they are no longer required as evidence.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#1950 Nov 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right... police evidence lockers...
So in Georgia there are no restrictions on stranger gun sales, here's a thought: require all gun sales to be recorded and all "police" guns be destroyed after they are no longer required as evidence.
Whose going to destroy them. Many have been stolen and no one knew who did it. As far as stranger gun sales go, oh yeah, somebody wanting to make a living on selling guns to anybody on the streets and a restriction for that would be a joke. Low lifes make livings on obtaining and selling weapons to anyone that will buy them. Yeah so try restricting that.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1951 Nov 1, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
<quoted text>Whose going to destroy them.
Putting aside you have posted no proof that theft of guns from police evidence lockers is a problem, all evidence- outside some hick police operation we see on TV and movies- is recorded and access to them strictly controlled.

I suggest that firearms be destroyed- as drugs seized is destroyed.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1952 Nov 1, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
As far as stranger gun sales go, oh yeah, somebody wanting to make a living on selling guns to anybody on the streets and a restriction for that would be a joke.
I say: YOU need to be restricted from selling guns to strangers.

I don't care if you sell one, or sell fifty.

And I say if you sell more than one gun a month a year: you are running a business.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1953 Nov 1, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
Low lifes make livings on obtaining and selling weapons to anyone that will buy them.
Low lifes are people who sell one gun to someone they don't know.

One.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#1954 Nov 1, 2013
Low-lifes are the ones who think they can control the actions of criminals by restricting the actions of the law-abiding.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#1955 Nov 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting aside you have posted no proof that theft of guns from police evidence lockers is a problem, all evidence- outside some hick police operation we see on TV and movies- is recorded and access to them strictly controlled.
I suggest that firearms be destroyed- as drugs seized is destroyed.
I didn't say it was an on going problem. I just said it had happened in the past. Don't put words in my mouth. I'm law enforcements biggest fan. I just stated there are bad apples in every basket. It happens sometimes. It's just one of life's little facts.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1958 Nov 1, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say it was an on going problem. I just said it had happened in the past. Don't put words in my mouth..
I don't need to put words in your mouth, darling: I take them as they come out.

YOU were whining about guns leaving evidence lockers.

YOU brought it up.

And now you are running away from it.

And YOU don't seem to have a problem selling weapons to complete strangers.

What did I miss?

Level 5

Location hidden

#1959 Nov 1, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
Low-lifes are the ones who think they can control the actions of criminals by restricting the actions of the law-abiding.
Liars are the ones who insist they are quoting when they can find the actual quotes and they try to pass off their invented quotes as actual quotes.

Wipe your chin, Sticky.

You hold open the doors for the felons as they make their way to people like you who are all to happy to sell guns to complete strangers.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#1960 Nov 1, 2013
PrinceofDarkness wrote:
<quoted text>
you are still having problems explaining why the southern hillbilly states with the most guns and least gun controls have the highest rates of crime and violence. Perhaps it has to do with the facts you are so full of $-hit....
Because there is a lot more to it than mere gun posession dipshit. Poverty for example. Still waiting for you to explain why even though CA has some of the most strigent gun restrictions in the country, it also has the highest total number of MURDERS with firearms.....by FAR.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama amnesty greater threat to blacks than pol... 2 hr OccupyThis 6
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 3 hr Agents of Corruption 137,965
News The Fate Of Nearly 5 Million Immigrants Rests W... 5 hr Bakker 8
News Is President Obama the Worst President in History? (Jun '10) 6 hr Reverend Alan 4,689
News Conservative Media Rallies to Scott Walker Afte... 6 hr OccupyThis 7
News Republicans back bill letting illegal immigrant... 6 hr wild child 14
News 2 Hall County teens struggle to care for their ... 7 hr Synque 9
More from around the web