Obama: - Gun Control - We Had 80, 90%...

Obama: - Gun Control - We Had 80, 90% of the Country That Agreed With It'CNS

There are 2469 comments on the Cybercast News Service story from Sep 16, 2013, titled Obama: - Gun Control - We Had 80, 90% of the Country That Agreed With It'CNS. In it, Cybercast News Service reports that:

Appearing on ABC News's "This Week With George Stephanopoulos" on Sunday, President Barack Obama said he had 80 to 90 percent of the country agreeing with him in favor of gun control, but the he could not get gun-control legislation enacted because of a "faction of the Republican Party."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cybercast News Service.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#329 Sep 21, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet ,you still sling the B.S.

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Amarillo, TX

#330 Sep 21, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
let's check that out dumb a$$...
the FDA makes sure the food you shove down your pie hole is safe, EPA makes sure the air your breathe is safe, CDC makes sure outbreaks of disease is kept at bay, the FBI, CIA and Homeland security keeps the Muslims from corn holing you,FannieMae, Freddie Mac and other agencies allowed you to get a home loan safely, Social Security Agency sends you and millions their checks monthly...
do you want me to keep going?.. next time don't come to a battle of wits unarmed....
Again, that is a far cry from "Everything of any value that you have was courtesy of the government."

Protecting us from the Muslims? How did that work for the people in Boston? Ft. Hood? Do you want me to keep going?

They aren't giving ANYTHING to most social security recipients. They worked long and hard to get that money. In my case I paid twice as much because I ran my own business, so had to put in my share and the employer's share. Do you want me to keep going?

I paid federal income taxes for a good many years to pay for EPA, CDC, FBI, CIA, DHS, US Armed Forces, not to mention a whole lot of my taxes went to pay many people to do nothing but hold their hand out. I paid state income taxes to pay for many of the same things at the state level. I paid property taxes to pay for local infrastructure. I paid gasoline taxes to pay for the roads. I paid sin taxes so the politicians could have their pet projects. Do you want me to keep going?

So you see nothing I have is COURTESY of the government. Everything I have is courtesy of hard work for many years by ME. Do you want me to keep going?

You haven't bagged enough groceries to even attempt a battle of wits with most people on here. Even the Santa Fe Spammer makes more sense than you do.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#331 Sep 21, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
wow..brilliant comeback....you couldn't walk down the street without some government agency making it possible for you..and when any disaster happens, you dip$-hits immediately ask for government assistance and bailout...
ROTFLMAO...riiiight...heck with the hip waders...gonna need chest waders at this rate...lol

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#335 Sep 21, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, Bachelor of Science degree.. in engineering, how did you know?
and you are still sniffing and getting high on your skid marks...
Your comment shows the extent of your intellectual abilities.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#337 Sep 21, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, Bachelor of Science degree.. in engineering, how did you know?
and you are still sniffing and getting high on your skid marks...
"... how did you know?"

Must be that tone of arrogance and smell of holier than thou BS.

Level 1

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#338 Sep 21, 2013
didn't einstein start out bagging groceries?
Level 1

Since: May 10

Mckeesport, PA

#339 Sep 21, 2013
This man will piss down your back then look you in the eye tell you its raining and the rain is warm because your electricity comes from a coal fired plant.
He is destroying this Nation.
85 billion a month pulled out of the air and pumped into the stock market and it is only benefiting the top 1/10 of %1 that are his supporters. Shet I probably would too if he gave me that kind of $$$$$.
Hes buying the rich, buying the poor and and SCREWING THE MIDDLE CLASS perfect set up for communist control of the nation .
God I pray they are stopped before it is too late.
Cat74

United States

#340 Sep 21, 2013
Obama sold his Democrat Senators from coal producing states down the rive, and probably gave the Republicans the Senate. But he is brilliant don'tcha know. He knows what he is doing
Level 1

Since: May 10

Mckeesport, PA

#341 Sep 21, 2013
Yep fundamentally changing the country just as he said
another

Huntsville, AL

#342 Sep 21, 2013
KNOW 1 CARES wrote:
communist control of the nation .
insane post.

redbaiting in 2013? What a nut!
right

Huntsville, AL

#343 Sep 21, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
long term public health and the future is not important.

grow up, child

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#344 Sep 21, 2013
How to bury your stuff wrote:
i agree positronium except that we are left with the choice to follow these ridiculous laws or become "criminals" ourselves.
most laws only serve to criminalize otherwise law abiding citizens.
No, we don't become criminals at all if we refuse to pay the fine. We merely become ignorant because those we elected to represent us were obligated to read, evaluate and report to the citizenry the entire contents of this health care bill which should have been read in its entirety before being passed by an inept congress and presented in an understandable form to the citizenry and which wasn't done. Those are the grounds for innocence as well as a valid argument. INAO

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#345 Sep 21, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Better to be a criminal on your feet then a slave on your knees.
Better to be a citizen with a good argument against it to present to the oppressor.

Level 1

Amarillo, TX

#346 Sep 22, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
you really are a moron...so you want 100% effectiveness... and yet you don't want government intervention...that's brilliant logic...
they aren't giving anything to SS recipients?...so you figure the few thousand they paid in over the years pays for all the Medicare health care and monthly annuity checks...really? you base that on your ignorance like everything else... from US news....
The answer largely depends on when you retire and how much you've earned over your lifetime. Consider a single man who earns the average wage throughout his career ($43,100 in 2010 dollars), works every year from age 22 to 64, and then retires at age 65 in 2010. Over his lifetime he has paid $345,000 into the system. But he is likely to get back $72,000 more than that, or $417,000 in Social Security and Medicare payouts, according to recent Urban Institute calculations. A single women with the same work and tax history will come out even further ahead due to her longer life expectancy, likely netting $464,000 in lifetime benefits, which is $192,000 more than she paid into the system. These amounts are in constant 2010 dollars and assume a 2 percent real interest rate.
I would continue, but your shoe size is bigger than your IQ...
Moron? Really?

Over the last 40 years, there was an average annual return in the S&P 500 index of 6.85 percent, in addition to 3.46 percent and 2.44 percent for corporate and government bonds. These percentages are in comparison to a 2.2 percent rate of return on Social Security. So you see the government is not really giving people anything. The government is keeping people from doing better. I would continue but you won't look at a bigger picture.

Again, a far cry from "Everything of any value that you have was courtesy of the government."

Level 1

Amarillo, TX

#347 Sep 22, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
by the way, you obviously lost out on the public education my tax money paid...you are still a moron.. perhaps you should have bagged groceries...more in your skill level...
Maybe if you had started bagging groceries and worked hard all of your life you would understand the real world a bit better. You would know how moronic the "everything of any value that you have was courtesy of the government" the statement actually is.

Did you say you retired from the federal government? If you did it would explain why you think the government actually serves the people.

Level 1

Amarillo, TX

#350 Sep 22, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly what facet of your daily life is not impacted by some form of government oversight that enables or protects you?
your food, your utilities, your streets, your purchases, your medical, your environment, your streets, your entertainment, your vehicles, your home, your internet,etc..etc... is all under the oversight of some government agency for your protection .....common sense....you are living in LA LA land with ignorance and denial .....
Nope, I concede nothing. I could have taken the money that you feel the government is "giving" me and done better on my own when compared to social security. Does the government generate utilities? Does the government build streets out of the "good will" or do they use property tax and fuel tax revenue? They don't provide me vehicles but when I work and use my money to buy one they certainly tax them. They tax my home but didn't provide it nor did they provide the funding. While it may be under the oversight (some welcome but some not) it is still a far stretch to get to "Everything of any value that you have was courtesy of the government." Not even close.

I am far from ignorant and not in denial at all. But, when a person makes a blanket statement stating everything a person has of value is "courtesy" of the government is so far out of touch with reality it is scary. Had your post stated that the government has its hand in everything I would have agreed with you.

Nothing instills fear and distrust in citizens more than hearing "I'm from the government and I am here to help" in the real world.

Level 1

Amarillo, TX

#351 Sep 22, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
you have obviously conceded the point you draw out more from SS than you put in....that was your original assertion.... now you are shifting to another tangent...
Going from "Everything of any value that you have was courtesy of the government" to government oversight is shifting to another tangent. Showing what I have that I provided for myself is simply blowing your blanket statement out of the water.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#352 Sep 22, 2013
Shelly Bl wrote:
<quoted text>Going from "Everything of any value that you have was courtesy of the government" to government oversight is shifting to another tangent. Showing what I have that I provided for myself is simply blowing your blanket statement out of the water.
He is probably on welfare and no amount of reason will change his mind, one of the parasites that we support. He should be more grateful but probably feels entitled.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#357 Sep 22, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
you support??? BWHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAH...good one.. I had a good laugh on that one...let us know when you start with your reason... perhaps you should go polish your medals and guns and pretend you accomplished something with them...
YOULUVCHAUNCEYGARDNER LOL.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#359 Sep 22, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
never heard of him...
BWHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAH...good one..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 10 min swampmudd 17,754
News California Dem: I Will Go to Jail to Resist Trump 19 min sarahjessica 3
News The Latest: DeVos says she'll take $1 as educat... 41 min Rainbow Kid 12
News Protesters across US decry Trumpa s anti-immigr... 1 hr Treats5603 42
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 hr usa 14,850
News Disabled man tortured by Trump-cursing group br... 2 hr Father Jeremy 450
News Obama executive orders may not survive under Pr... 4 hr Treats5603 7
More from around the web