Obama: - Gun Control - We Had 80, 90% of the Country That Agreed With It'CNS

Sep 16, 2013 Full story: Cybercast News Service 2,485

Appearing on ABC News's "This Week With George Stephanopoulos" on Sunday, President Barack Obama said he had 80 to 90 percent of the country agreeing with him in favor of gun control, but the he could not get gun-control legislation enacted because of a "faction of the Republican Party."

Full Story
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#299 Sep 20, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
and yours are cheering you on...
http://imageshack.us/a/img864/691/redneckq11s...
Nice picture of your momma.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#300 Sep 20, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
wow.. you are really original....you fondling yourself as well?
Thanks , you aren't very original, well... maybe the original idiot.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#301 Sep 20, 2013
How to bury your stuff wrote:
this thread is an excellent illustration of the government using mainstream media to keep us divided. nothing will ever be accomplished while the entire nation is at each others throats. the so called polls and statistics can be skewed either way to suite whoever's agenda.
instead of us vs us it should be us vs them.
It is way too hard to define who exactly "them is, so no, it should be us versus "IT", meaning treason, malfeasance, and corruption on all levels, both sides, and top to bottom with zero tolerance throughout all of govt.
That to me would essentially be "transparency" which BTW, Obama failed to deliver, IMHO
ILUVSATAN

Phoenix, AZ

#302 Sep 20, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks , you aren't very original, well... maybe the original idiot.
you must be relieved, eh....

http://imageshack.us/a/img715/6944/shitheadox...

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Amarillo, TX

#303 Sep 20, 2013
realfollowerofSa tan wrote:
<quoted text>Everything of any value that you have was courtesy of the government.
Her we go!
ILUVSATAN

Winter Park, FL

#304 Sep 20, 2013
Shelly Bl wrote:
<quoted text>Her we go!
so you have no need of any of the federal/state agencies that protect your a$$, correct?

Yet, I would bet, anytime something goes astray, you blame some government oversight organization for not doing their job...and then whine day and night for weeks....
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#305 Sep 20, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
you must be relieved, eh....
http://imageshack.us/a/img715/6944/shitheadox...
A self portrait?

Level 1

Amarillo, TX

#306 Sep 20, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
so you have no need of any of the federal/state agencies that protect your a$$, correct?
Yet, I would bet, anytime something goes astray, you blame some government oversight organization for not doing their job...and then whine day and night for weeks....
Protecting my backside (in loose terms because my first line of defense is me) is a far cry from "Everything of any value that you have was courtesy of the government."

I have a house and property with no mortgage, a motor home and car with no loans and a retirement nest egg. The government gave me no part of it nor did the government help me get any of it. They do take tax money from me for all of it. So actually, everything I have of value I pay the government for the privilege of owning things.

I live in a no whine zone.

You are just full of absurd blanket statements with nothing to back it up.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#307 Sep 20, 2013
Shelly Bl wrote:
<quoted text>Protecting my backside (in loose terms because my first line of defense is me) is a far cry from "Everything of any value that you have was courtesy of the government."
I have a house and property with no mortgage, a motor home and car with no loans and a retirement nest egg. The government gave me no part of it nor did the government help me get any of it. They do take tax money from me for all of it. So actually, everything I have of value I pay the government for the privilege of owning things.
I live in a no whine zone.
You are just full of absurd blanket statements with nothing to back it up.
Correct, "Shelly B1."
" "Everything of any value that you have was courtesy of the government."
This has to be one of the most absurd posts ever on Topix.

Level 1

Amarillo, TX

#308 Sep 20, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Correct, "Shelly B1."
" "Everything of any value that you have was courtesy of the government."
This has to be one of the most absurd posts ever on Topix.
Kind of sounds like the "you didn't build that" on steroids!
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#309 Sep 20, 2013
Shelly Bl wrote:
<quoted text>Kind of sounds like the "you didn't build that" on steroids!
Every taxpayer pays for the services that they receive, fire and police protection, transportation, roads and airports and railroads and the defense dept. Most wage earners pay their way through life and what they accumulate in the way of property and wealth is due to their hard work. The government produces nothing except fraud and waste.
another

Santa Fe, NM

#310 Sep 20, 2013
Shelly Bl wrote:
<quoted text>.
example of the sad delusional nonsense of people denying that they benefit or are even part of civil society and its institutions.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#311 Sep 21, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Every taxpayer pays for the services that they receive, fire and police protection, transportation, roads and airports and railroads and the defense dept. Most wage earners pay their way through life and what they accumulate in the way of property and wealth is due to their hard work. The government produces nothing except fraud and waste.
Prohibition didn't work with alcohol, didn't work with drugs, doesn't work with the sales of stolen merchandise and didn't stop the sale of human beings. Why on earth would anyone still believe that any laws whatsoever would help curb gun violence?
The more laws about something, the bigger the black market. Passing laws prohibiting something has never worked and never will.
Such laws do nothing but eat away at our liberties and freedom of choice.

Level 1

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#312 Sep 21, 2013
i agree positronium except that we are left with the choice to follow these ridiculous laws or become "criminals" ourselves.

most laws only serve to criminalize otherwise law abiding citizens.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#313 Sep 21, 2013
i agree positronium except that we are left with the choice to follow these ridiculous laws or become "criminals" ourselves.
Better to be a criminal on your feet then a slave on your knees.
sandy1

New City, NY

#314 Sep 21, 2013
I also agree. The democrap agenda consists of passing laws that blatantly violate our constitutional rights.

Level 1

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#315 Sep 21, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Better to be a criminal on your feet then a slave on your knees.
i love that quote :) may have to steal it from you.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#316 Sep 21, 2013
another wrote:
<quoted text>
example of the sad delusional nonsense of people denying that they benefit or are even part of civil society and its institutions.
As long as you stay in your "institution" there "Santa Fe Spammer"...then you will be fine, getting the meds and treatment you need.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#317 Sep 21, 2013
Where is my America, may I steal that quote too. It is perfect for when I entertain the NRA ladies.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#318 Sep 21, 2013
<quoted text>i love that quote :) may have to steal it from you.
Thanks , you are welcome to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama admin. to allow thousands of Haitians int... 25 min Positive Vibes 30
GOP stokes Ebola fears against immigrants 3 hr Guess Who 450
Ebola fears spark backlash against Latino immig... 4 hr Guess Who 89
Immigrant families torn by detentions 5 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 8
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 5 hr American Werewolves 136,481
Native Americans say "Mexicans are NOT Indians" (Mar '08) 8 hr positronium 1,904
Getting Latinos to Go Out and Vote 9 hr ronnie 2

Immigration Reform People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE