U.S. Fourth Graders Fight to Bring Home Deported Classmate

Mar 28, 2013 Full story: Inter Press Service

Kyle and Scott Kuwahara, nine-year-old twins, talk to their friend Rodrigo Guzman via Skype in their Berkeley, California home.

Full Story
Anonymous

Payson, AZ

#1 Mar 29, 2013
Ungawah!
BLAQ POWA

Brisbane, Australia

#2 Mar 29, 2013
That article is so anti-White. They support all racial immigration to America besides Whites. This is why I show no sympathy for any non-White... they are all wolves in sheep clothing.

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#3 Mar 29, 2013
BLAQ POWA wrote:
That article is so anti-White. They support all racial immigration to America besides Whites. This is why I show no sympathy for any non-White... they are all wolves in sheep clothing.
True. That piece was an example of propaganda. Propaganda is not always lies; most of the time it's not. Telling lies actually makes bad, ineffective propaganda. Telling the truth makes good propaganda. Part of what makes it propaganda is what the media chooses to focus on. Some of it is how they interpret information, and their use of words they hope will provoke -- sometimes Pavlovian-like -- responses.

Here's a quote from the article:

"Unwittingly, the children thrust Rodrigo and his family onto the stage of a raging national debate on immigration reform."

Rodrigo and his family are on the stage because journalists like the author put them up there. And, we read their articles. If we didn't read their articles, they'd have no power. In a way, journalists oftentimes set the agendas. And if we never read their work, the things they write about would never be on the agendas.

Look at these excerpts:

"The law isn't fair and Rodrigo should be able to come back to his classmates and his friends..."

The law is not "fair."

And look at this:

"Incensed at the injustice of their friend being prevented from coming back to school..."

Use of the word "injustice."

I read articles like this all the time, and I wonder if most people are aware that these kinds of things are intended to be persuasive, and are a form of propaganda. My fear is that people just read these things and don't think about those kinds of things, or even question who is writing them.

And of course, later in the article, we have this:

"We need to do what we can here in Berkeley to try to bring Rodrigo home and also to try to change our immigration system so that people can become citizens of our country by a much quicker process..."

That is supposed to be the solution writers have in mind to the oh so "unfair," "unjust," and horrible problem the journalist writes about.

I hope people realize that articles like that are propaganda. Agree with it or disagree, it's what it is. Our information-overloaded, mass-media-saturated members of society gets subjected it constantly today.
Oh brother

Roseland, NJ

#4 Mar 29, 2013
All this propoganda using kids as a catalyst to extort sympathy.
BLAQ POWA

Brisbane, Australia

#5 Mar 29, 2013
Walter Henrickson wrote:
<quoted text>
True. That piece was an example of propaganda. Propaganda is not always lies; most of the time it's not. Telling lies actually makes bad, ineffective propaganda. Telling the truth makes good propaganda. Part of what makes it propaganda is what the media chooses to focus on. Some of it is how they interpret information, and their use of words they hope will provoke -- sometimes Pavlovian-like -- responses.
Here's a quote from the article:
"Unwittingly, the children thrust Rodrigo and his family onto the stage of a raging national debate on immigration reform."
Rodrigo and his family are on the stage because journalists like the author put them up there. And, we read their articles. If we didn't read their articles, they'd have no power. In a way, journalists oftentimes set the agendas. And if we never read their work, the things they write about would never be on the agendas.
Look at these excerpts:
"The law isn't fair and Rodrigo should be able to come back to his classmates and his friends..."
The law is not "fair."
And look at this:
"Incensed at the injustice of their friend being prevented from coming back to school..."
Use of the word "injustice."
I read articles like this all the time, and I wonder if most people are aware that these kinds of things are intended to be persuasive, and are a form of propaganda. My fear is that people just read these things and don't think about those kinds of things, or even question who is writing them.
And of course, later in the article, we have this:
"We need to do what we can here in Berkeley to try to bring Rodrigo home and also to try to change our immigration system so that people can become citizens of our country by a much quicker process..."
That is supposed to be the solution writers have in mind to the oh so "unfair," "unjust," and horrible problem the journalist writes about.
I hope people realize that articles like that are propaganda. Agree with it or disagree, it's what it is. Our information-overloaded, mass-media-saturated members of society gets subjected it constantly today.
Great post.:) The quote I was talking about in my first post is

“Whether it’s a Spanish-speaking person, or Asian, African, Haitian, Hispanic, we all stand together for all rights and justice and humanity for all.”

Notice there are no European people in the immigrant lists? So what I got from this is that the company/foundation/whatever is anti-White. And notice the last bit, humanity for all.” I take it Europeans are not humans but animals?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min VorenusI 261,219
Rick Perry's immigration record: A hard line at... 1 hr dirtbag1958 1
Not all legal immigrants allowed to work 1 hr dirtbag1958 1
Is "Asian Guy" really Asian??? 1 hr positronium 35
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr D Valens 135,726
Immigration delay affects Southwest Florida fam... 1 hr dirtbag1958 6
March to FLETC in support of undocumented immig... 1 hr Tribal 201
Native Americans say "Mexicans are NOT Indians" (Mar '08) 3 hr dirtbag1958 1,864
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Immigration Reform People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••