Obama immigration delay a pre-electio...

Obama immigration delay a pre-election curveball

There are 267 comments on the Seattle Post-Intelligencer story from Aug 30, 2014, titled Obama immigration delay a pre-election curveball. In it, Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports that:

Demonstrators are arrested outside the White House in Washington on Thursday, Aug. 28, 2014 during a rally calling for President Barack Obama to stop deportations of migrants in the country illegally and to make a decision on how to provide relief for immigrant families.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

Memo From Turner

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#63 Sep 3, 2014
Earl wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong... my parents both were teachers with college degrees. My seven brothers and sisters and I all graduated from Vanderbilt. I see you haven't responded to the query about your degree or how many illegals you want sent to your home. Not to worry, I didn't really expect you to respond, I just wanted to show what a monumental hypocrite you are...and I succeeded... monumentally.
You are starting to sound like the Rain Man.

"I went to college. 30 minutes to Wapner".
Earl

Fayetteville, GA

#64 Sep 3, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your degree?
Earl

Fayetteville, GA

#65 Sep 3, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Flojo ( weak), pendejo. I am bi lingual, how many languages do you speak? When you advocate open borders, you should be willing to take them into your home. That's what you expect Americans to do. Most Americans have their own families to support.
Memo From Turner

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#66 Sep 3, 2014
Earl wrote:
<quoted text>Your degree?
30 minutes to Wapner
Earl

Fayetteville, GA

#67 Sep 3, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
30 minutes to Wapner
Translation, "I have no degree and I am a big mouth hypocrite." That about sums it up, pendejo.
Memo From Turner

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#68 Sep 3, 2014
Earl wrote:
<quoted text>Flojo ( weak), pendejo. I am bi lingual, how many languages do you speak? When you advocate open borders, you should be willing to take them into your home. That's what you expect Americans to do. Most Americans have their own families to support.
Scholastic dick measuring is not a good move for you Earl.

Fluent in English, German and Mandarin. Passable in Japanese and Korean.

Earned a masters degree from Tsinghua University. All instruction in Mandarin. I am sure it was not as challenging as being a legacy admission at a school in Tennessee though.
Earl

Fayetteville, GA

#69 Sep 3, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Earned a masters degree from Tsinghua University. All instruction in Mandarin. I am sure it was not as challenging as being a legacy admission at a school in Tennessee though.
Nothing from Oxford? Sorry but your posts do not reflect your claims. Put simply, pendejo, I don't believe you.
Earl

Fayetteville, GA

#70 Sep 3, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
"Scholastic dick measuring is not a good move for you Earl."

I have discovered, over the years, that men or women of enlightenment and education do not have to resort to scatological references to cover their meager vocabulary. That you did so brings more proof that you may have fibbed a bit... well, a great deal, about your education. Oh, I was the first of my siblings to attend Vandy, no legacy admission, pendejo. You haven't done well and I hope, in the future, that you will prepare better so that you might not appear to be a 'boor.' Oops, there's that word again, look it up in your "English to Mandarin" dictionary, lol.
Memo From Turner

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#71 Sep 3, 2014
Earl wrote:
<quoted text>"Scholastic dick measuring is not a good move for you Earl."
I have discovered, over the years, that men or women of enlightenment and education do not have to resort to scatological references to cover their meager vocabulary. That you did so brings more proof that you may have fibbed a bit... well, a great deal, about your education. Oh, I was the first of my siblings to attend Vandy, no legacy admission, pendejo. You haven't done well and I hope, in the future, that you will prepare better so that you might not appear to be a 'boor.' Oops, there's that word again, look it up in your "English to Mandarin" dictionary, lol.
Oh Earl. You are so refined. You're like Scarlett O'Hara if only she had all of that fancy book learnin' that you did.

Since: Sep 14

Huntsville, AL

#72 Sep 3, 2014
The mid term election is a bigger deal for Obama than his own second term election I believe. The power base for the "change" Barry has in mind for us now requires the support of Congress and by his delaying it shows he doesn't quite have that support yet, he probably figures. I am sure he will go ahead with amnesty if he has that political support as Senators vote now with a focus on re-election rather than that what is the good of the country, as some once did.

The average citizen, Demo, Rep or Lib, couldn't really give a rats ass about immigration as long as they get cheap labor roofing their house, building their pool and mowing their yard it seems. The home owner is less likely to resist this social engineering because they are pretty much accomplices in the immigration plot.

The corrupt businesses who hire the illegals are the real traitors in all this I think. They encourage the flood of illegals because most hire them under the table, or use some shyster hiring service who hires out the illegals as temps to the businesses giving the businesses some degree of deny-ability if the businesses are ever audited.

All of this game playing and corruption has led us to the point we have no defensible borders and a financial crisis that we will be working to pay to correct for the rest of our lives. I am troubled not for myself, as I am well past the mid point of my life, but my concern is for those who are young now, or will come along in the future.

It has taken many many years for us to get into the mess we are now in, and it will take that long or longer to get out of it... if we can.
Earl

Fayetteville, GA

#73 Sep 3, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Earl. You are so refined. You're like Scarlett O'Hara if only she had all of that fancy book learnin' that you did.
Well, I'm glad you are able to recognize refinement when you see it even though you don't possess it. It's very discerning of you . Discerment is a trait common with Aisian folk, verdad? You're a hoot, Memo.
Memo From Turner

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#74 Sep 4, 2014
Earl wrote:
<quoted text> Well, I'm glad you are able to recognize refinement when you see it even though you don't possess it. It's very discerning of you . Discerment is a trait common with Aisian folk, verdad? You're a hoot, Memo.
You are apparently not so discerning. I am not Asian.
Guess Who

Sterling, CO

#75 Sep 4, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are apparently not so discerning. I am not Asian.
Regardless of what race you are you would be an ARROGANT AZZWIPE!!! You have no respect for soverign borders and have a false sense of entitlement. Other than that you are simply a PRICK!!!

“For The Love Of Country”

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#76 Sep 4, 2014
EdwardTeach wrote:
The mid term election is a bigger deal for Obama than his own second term election I believe. The power base for the "change" Barry has in mind for us now requires the support of Congress and by his delaying it shows he doesn't quite have that support yet, he probably figures. I am sure he will go ahead with amnesty if he has that political support as Senators vote now with a focus on re-election rather than that what is the good of the country, as some once did.
The average citizen, Demo, Rep or Lib, couldn't really give a rats ass about immigration as long as they get cheap labor roofing their house, building their pool and mowing their yard it seems. The home owner is less likely to resist this social engineering because they are pretty much accomplices in the immigration plot.
The corrupt businesses who hire the illegals are the real traitors in all this I think. They encourage the flood of illegals because most hire them under the table, or use some shyster hiring service who hires out the illegals as temps to the businesses giving the businesses some degree of deny-ability if the businesses are ever audited.
All of this game playing and corruption has led us to the point we have no defensible borders and a financial crisis that we will be working to pay to correct for the rest of our lives. I am troubled not for myself, as I am well past the mid point of my life, but my concern is for those who are young now, or will come along in the future.
It has taken many many years for us to get into the mess we are now in, and it will take that long or longer to get out of it... if we can.
"The average citizen, Demo, Rep or Lib, couldn't really give a rats ass about immigration as long as they get cheap labor roofing their house, building their pool and mowing their yard it seems."

I disagree with you on that point of view. Many Americans are concerned about the influx of illegal aliens and they do not want illegal aliens doing any repairs on their homes as in the long run, it would cost more as they would need to get a skilled worker to fix what the illegal did wrong and the initial problem. Especially with re-roofing which is expensive. Many can't afford to have it done twice.

"It has taken many many years for us to get into the mess we are now in, and it will take that long or longer to get out of it... if we can."

Yes, it has and it has been in the works for many years. The young are not involved with politics and many do not understand what the "big deal is" and have no problems with illegal aliens here as they "just want a better life". They are clueless to what they are giving away.

No different than modern technology. Everyone was hyped with computers and smart phones. Now that they are being hacked they are crying. Computers are replacing people in jobs. The markets now have the self check out. Great idea? NO, it is not. Another employee loses their job and the customer does the work of checking out and bagging and the prices continue to rise. Same with the "Go Green" and "paper less". Instead of the company sending you a statement, you can pay the ink cost by printing it yourself if you want a copy of those statements. There goes more jobs. Yes, isn't modern technology something? Funny thing, this too was predicted many years ago and people claimed, it would never happen. Its happening and there are still non believers.

Don't get me wrong, innovation and creativity is a great thing but it should not replace people in the job/career sector if you know what I mean. Yes, the young had better wake up before its too late if it already isn't.

“For The Love Of Country”

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#77 Sep 4, 2014
Cricket 23 wrote:
" Kica Matos of the Fair Immigration Reform Movement said that after spending months keeping the pressure on Obama, the group had been shifting into preparations for the announcement itself. Now, Matos said, exhausted advocates will have keep up the pressure to ensure Obama doesn't get cold feet and call off the announcement altogether."
Ask yourself why do most Hispanic Americans want amnesty for 11 million illegal aliens with 6.3 million of them coming from Mexico?
******To increase their power base.******
The Hispanics Americans say that they will be the majority in 50 years.
They could be right.
There are 300,000 "Anchor babies (American Citizens) born to illegal aliens in this country each year who will be able to sponsor their endless relatives when they turn 21 (Chain Migration)
Now the do nothing Politicians from both parties think that if they grant amnesty to 11 million illegal aliens,they'll vote for them.
Why would we want to give that much power to people coming across our Southern border?
So we can become like Mexico and most countries in South America?
It's time to make that decision and the only response that Washington understands is the voice of the American voters in November 2014!
Although I agree with your sentiment, our voices are ignored and has not worked for us for many years and certainly not since the influx of illegal aliens reared their heads in our streets. We know we have voter fraud, but nothing is done about it. Both parties ignore the voices of the people, they really do not care about the people and just like the illegal aliens, its all about them and holding their seat in office. We have had a do nothing Congress since the turn of this century. Will it improve? I do not think that is in their [Congress] game plan. Its all about them, control and money.
Memo From Turner

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#78 Sep 4, 2014
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of what race you are you would be an ARROGANT AZZWIPE!!! You have no respect for soverign borders and have a false sense of entitlement. Other than that you are simply a PRICK!!!
You never have anything to say do you?

I have lived in six different countries in my life. I know more about borders and immigration laws than you ever will.
Guess Who

Sterling, CO

#79 Sep 4, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
I have lived in six different countries in my life. I know more about borders and immigration laws than you ever will.
The respect them azzhole!!!
Guess Who

Sterling, CO

#80 Sep 4, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Then
Guess Who

Sterling, CO

#81 Sep 4, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of those other countries put up with the crap that we do? I don't imagine many ya JERK!!!
Guess Who

Sterling, CO

#82 Sep 4, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never seen you in here when you weren't advocating for the poor gardner or any other goddamn trespassing greazer!!! Say it isn't true!!! We have legitimate borders and we have legitimate laws. What part of that do you not understand world traveler!!! God what a phony!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Victory for Donald Trump as US Supreme Court re... 55 min Concerned White ... 30
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr Concerned White ... 146,218
News Ann Coulter's Anti-Semitism Runs Deep (May '16) 5 hr Concerned White ... 332
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 5 hr Concerned White ... 7,196
News The Police Officers Helping Undocumented Immigr... 5 hr Valerie 16
News Trump's border wall could pay for itself 5 hr Valerie 32
News Author tells of the trauma, heartbreak as undoc... 8 hr spytheweb 1
More from around the web