House conservatives to pursue their o...

House conservatives to pursue their own agenda on immigration laws

There are 58 comments on the The Washington Post story from Apr 25, 2013, titled House conservatives to pursue their own agenda on immigration laws. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Influential House conservatives signaled Thursday that they will pursue their own course on revising the nation's immigration laws, a move that some lawmakers warned could derail a comprehensive overhaul that President Obama has made a top priority for his second term.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Headed toward the cliff”

Level 1

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#43 Apr 28, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>The only people mad as hell are Hispanics with illegal alien friends and family.
Of course you're wrong.

I'm non-hispanic and have no illegal alien friends or family, yet I support immigration reform which includes amnesty.

There are millions of other Americans just like me.
Whatever

Saint Louis, MO

#44 Apr 28, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you're wrong.
I'm non-hispanic and have no illegal alien friends or family, yet I support immigration reform which includes amnesty.
Too bad for you, you're in the minority of Americana. There are far many more millions of Americans who do NOT!
see the light

El Paso, TX

#45 Apr 28, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you're wrong.
You do not mind that they are draining the economy,the criminal acts.What's really outrageous is that Obama gave free or discounted tuition to Mexico, but not American Citizens, thats wrong. I don't blame the few that want to work,but most come for Welfare and all the freebies that go with it.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#46 Apr 28, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad for you, you're in the minority of Americana. There are far many more millions of Americans who do NOT!
Most polls show otherwise.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#47 Apr 28, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>You do not mind that they are draining the economy,the criminal acts.What's really outrageous is that Obama gave free or discounted tuition to Mexico, but not American Citizens, thats wrong. I don't blame the few that want to work,but most come for Welfare and all the freebies that go with it.
Nope, most come here to work. Your bigotry blinds you to that simple truth.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#48 Apr 28, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, most come here to work. Your bigotry blinds you to that simple truth.
Hardly any come to work. Most do not have any education so they collect Welfare.

Since: Feb 06

Location hidden

#49 Apr 28, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>Hardly any come to work. Most do not have any education so they collect Welfare.
Being in Texas I don't know how you can say that. They work heavily in construction, restaurants and landscaping. I am not saying they should be here, but the truth is the truth. I also think if it weren't the, some of those people on welfare could sure do the jobs.
The gov't just makes it too easy not to work.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#50 Apr 28, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>Hardly any come to work. Most do not have any education so they collect Welfare.
Nope, your bigotry blinds you to the truth.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#51 Apr 28, 2013
Robert Newell wrote:
<quoted text>
Being in Texas I don't know how you can say that. They work heavily in construction, restaurants and landscaping. I am not saying they should be here, but the truth is the truth. I also think if it weren't the, some of those people on welfare could sure do the jobs.
The gov't just makes it too easy not to work.
True they do make it toooooeasy. Because I'm in Tx- I see the thousands of Mexicans on Welfare-chks, foodstamps-medicaid.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#52 Apr 28, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, your bigotry blinds you to the truth.
One of the few words you know

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#53 Apr 28, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>One of the few words you know
It's the most appropriate word to describe you.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#54 Apr 28, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>One of the few words you know
One more than you, you queen of the brain dead.
nym8387

Lawrence, MA

#55 Apr 28, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad for you, you're in the minority of Americana. There are far many more millions of Americans who do NOT!
Including this hispanic American
nym8387

Lawrence, MA

#56 Apr 28, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't ask 1,004 illegals or anchors how they feel about amnesty,the answer is obvious
spud

Wilkes Barre, PA

#57 Apr 29, 2013
Gerry wrote:
Immigration reform will:
Help our economy; millions of people will be able to buy houses, cars, etc as well as goods and services.
The Us will be more secure; millions of undocumented people will now be accounted for, whereas US government will have access to their information (who they really are, where they are from, etc)
There are two main obstacles that may interfere with the success of the immigration reform :
politicians than like the status quo and some anti-immigrant tv host and commentators like Ann Coulter and Michelle Malkin
Another point is when the undocumented folks become a resident permanent, they won't have any rights to any. government aid or welfare for five years
Your accountability theory sounds a lot like that idiot, John Boehner's. Granting amnesty will do nothing for accountability. If we wanted to have accountability, all we have to do is use the Everify system for employment, rent and all major purchases. End of problem. Of course Boehner prevented that from coming up for a vote last summer.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#58 Apr 29, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep believing that; the Dems are counting on the continued stupidity of the GOPasaurs.
You are counting on the faux war on women to continue to fool the low information voters.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#59 Apr 29, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
What polls, the CBS/West Wing polls?
see the light

El Paso, TX

#60 Apr 29, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>One more than you, you queen of the brain dead.
Put your head back in your azz.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's popularity is slipping in rural America... 49 min Trump is a joke 338
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 1 hr Katrina 11,215
News Busted: Border Patrol Arrests DACA Recipients F... 4 hr spud 6
News Jeff Sessions claims sanctuary city policies 'e... 5 hr spud 26
News DACA recipients question future 7 hr AMERICA FIRST 293
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 12 hr Naked Truth 147,584
News What the Black Lives Matter campaign gets wrong (Aug '15) 15 hr im fair are you 49
More from around the web