Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate O...

Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | TPMDC

There are 16223 comments on the tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com story from Oct 18, 2010, titled Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | TPMDC. In it, tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com reports that:

The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 In 2:44 Evan McMorris-Santoro and Clayton Ashley October 18, 2010, 11:14AM Last night's Kentucky Senate debate was one of the most brutal of the year, hands down.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com.

Grace

Flatwoods, KY

#19235 Apr 9, 2014
Nita wrote:
How can Any Woman Vote for Any Republican? Get out the vote women ,twitter,facebook,and email this to your family,friends and groups.
Nita
Unbelievable. Republicans just blocked the Paycheck Fairness Act—refusing to even allow an up-or-down vote.
Dear Ladies.
Breaking news: Republicans just blocked legislation to make sure women get equal pay for equal work. AGAIN.1
They didn't even let the bill get a fair, up-or-down vote, claiming that the gender pay gap simply doesn't exist—despite a mountain of evidence from independent economists.2
Apparently Republicans think women get paid less because we don't work as hard.
Well, we're finished asking nicely. It's time to play hardball. After this vote, we’re going to start running ads in Republican states to make sure female voters know that their senators think they deserve to be paid less than men for doing the same job.
And we’re starting with Mitch McConnell—the ringleader of Republican obstruction on equal pay.
We're just about to decide exactly how much we can spend on these ads in Sen. McConnell's home state of Kentucky. Can you chip in $5 to make sure we can really go big?
Yes, I’ll chip in $5 to make sure women know which senators voted against equal pay.
We're starting with Mitch McConnell because he's the Republican leader and because he led the fight against the Paycheck Fairness Act.
But he also deserves it because of the incredibly sexist things he's said about paycheck fairness. Asked why he's not supporting the bill, he described it as a "bizarre obsession" of the left, and then he accused Democrats of only supporting the bill to "blow a few kisses" to women voters.3
Mitch McConnell's sexist attitude is straight out of Mad Men—and it's time to hold him accountable. Can you donate $5 to make sure Kentucky women know where Sen. McConnell stands?
Don’t get mad—get even. Click here to chip in $5 to hold Republicans accountable for blocking equal pay.
Thanks for speaking out.
–Nita, Shaunna, Kat, Karin, Adam, Gabriela, and Holly, the UltraViolet team
Sources:
1. Senate Republicans Block Bill on Equal Pay, The New York Times, April 9, 2014
2. The Top 10 Facts About the Wage Gap, Center for American Progress, April 16, 2012
3. Mitch McConnell Compares 'Obsession' With Closing Gender Pay Gap To Blowing 'A Few Kisses', Think Progress, April 8, 2014
You can unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time.
You better find out what's in it before you act. Obama only doing to get you to vote for him. he cares didley squat about you or me or any other female. If he did, he'd already been paying the women that works in the white hose a fair wage.
Did you know the women there make 18 % less than the males there.
What ever the government can give., the government can take
Cuzzin

Des Moines, IA

#19236 Apr 9, 2014
Aqua God....haha
walter

Flatwoods, KY

#19239 Apr 10, 2014
Cuzzin wrote:
Aqua God....haha
??????
whitehair

Louisville, KY

#19240 Apr 10, 2014
Grace wrote:
<quoted text>
You better find out what's in it before you act. Obama only doing to get you to vote for him. he cares didley squat about you or me or any other female. If he did, he'd already been paying the women that works in the white hose a fair wage.
Did you know the women there make 18 % less than the males there.
What ever the government can give., the government can take
Obama has lied so often, there is no telling what may come out again. Did you know there is already many that believe there should be a Law "egual pay for equal work, regardless of gender" ? Most Republicans want that, but then they always tack something on every Bill to change the meaning. Have to be careful before you know all the reasons. The Democrats will become the Party of no. next.
Rebecca

Flatwoods, KY

#19241 Apr 10, 2014
This was settled years ago. This government is trying to stir women up and make them think they are being done wrong.
Don't anybody ever read or listen to the news?????? GOOD LORD!!!

They think women are stupid and will take what they tell them and run with it without thinking. Well all of us aren't..

If a man has been working five, ten or twenty years and draws a good salary for his work and experience, and then his company hires a female and pays her the starting salary because she doesn't have the experience or the time the man has ,do you think she should be paid the same as him starting out.? Don't be a dumb ass for them.

Equal pay for women has been the law for years.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#19248 Apr 10, 2014
The majority of Americans who registered for Obamacare were Republicans and in Republican majority States.

Red States are broke azz States!!
culture vulture

Warrenton, VA

#19251 Apr 10, 2014
Grace wrote:
<quoted text>
You better find out what's in it before you act. Obama only doing to get you to vote for him. he cares didley squat about you or me or any other female. If he did, he'd already been paying the women that works in the white hose a fair wage.
Did you know the women there make 18 % less than the males there.
What ever the government can give., the government can take
Since Obama can't run for president again, why might he be wanting anyone's vote ?
whitehair

Louisville, KY

#19290 Apr 15, 2014
Just a change back to Politics!

Now we have all heard the news about Harry wanting to get the NV. land of the Rancher for he and his sons business projects .l suggest he be impeached or, at least, endure an ethics charge in the Senate!!

Of course do not expect much from any of them as they seem all alike.

The systems are broken!!!
Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Paris, TN

#19293 Apr 16, 2014
Liberal pundit writes about what she learned working for Fox News, I bet fellow liberals are now furious with her.....Liberal pundit Sally Kohn wrote “What I learned as a liberal talking head on Fox News.” Despite what she had heard, the folks at Fox weren’t evil, homophobic, hatemongers like so many would have you believe.


My time at Fox News was marked by meeting and working with some of the kindest, smartest, and most talented people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting in life. As I said in my TED talk, Sean Hannity is one of the sweetest people you’ll ever meet – and even now that I’ve parted ways with Fox, he remains a good friend and mentor.

For a radical progressive who once harbored negative stereotypes about folks on the right, it was a turning point for me to meet people such as Mr. Hannity, Karl Rove, Monica Crowley, Sarah Palin, and so many others, and see that – though we certainly disagree profoundly on political issues – they’re personable and kind and human. Just like me.

It’s strange to suggest that a seemingly simple realization such as that is in fact a profound revelation, but in our hyperpartisan era, when we often vilify the other side as being less-than-human, it is.

Once I had that experience with some of the most visible voices on “the other side”– in my case, the right – it was an easy leap to find connection and compassion with everyday conservative audiences. These aren’t evil people, either, or stupid, or any of the other things that some liberals, in their lowest moments, have suggested. In fact, in many cases, I’ve learned that the ideological labels that feel so firm and unyielding among the professional political class are rather malleable among ordinary Americans.

Most people just want a better life for themselves and their kids. And they’re worried about the things they see as barriers to that opportunity – whether it’s big banks gobbling up all the money and real estate titles or higher taxes or struggling public schools or the cost of food. In real communities in real places across the United States, I’ve found that liberals and conservatives share many of the same concerns and problems and simply gravitate toward two different sides in searching for solutions.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#19313 Apr 20, 2014
whitehair wrote:
Just a change back to Politics!
Now we have all heard the news about Harry wanting to get the NV. land of the Rancher for he and his sons business projects .l suggest he be impeached or, at least, endure an ethics charge in the Senate!!
Of course do not expect much from any of them as they seem all alike.
The systems are broken!!!
If it is federal land for grazing how is Reed suppose to get it for his sons?
Why make stuff up. It hurts any true arguments you might have. when so much of what is said is obviously false how can the right expect people to believe the truths.

Can impeach over lies and BS.
From Boston

Billerica, MA

#19325 Apr 23, 2014
nagle wrote:
<quoted text>If it was easy everyone would do it.I do not have the patience to look and do not understand much about computers.My nephews wife said she was patient if it just did not take so long.Guess I got the same problem.You give us a good laugh and we thank you for it.That is better than bickering over who is the best politician.No one has made a difference in my life no matter who is president.I get up.I work.I go to bed.I get up.I read a Stephen King book that I forgot the name but the character said something that stood out to me:he said SSDD and that was SAME SHI- DIFFERENT DAY.Again I thank you and May GOD Bless You and Yours.
Ditto
Republicans Are Stupid

Shelbiana, KY

#19327 Apr 24, 2014
Rebecca wrote:
This was settled years ago. This government is trying to stir women up and make them think they are being done wrong.
Don't anybody ever read or listen to the news?????? GOOD LORD!!!
They think women are stupid and will take what they tell them and run with it without thinking. Well all of us aren't..
If a man has been working five, ten or twenty years and draws a good salary for his work and experience, and then his company hires a female and pays her the starting salary because she doesn't have the experience or the time the man has ,do you think she should be paid the same as him starting out.? Don't be a dumb ass for them.
Equal pay for women has been the law for years.
Now that was really stupid.

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#19331 Apr 25, 2014
A sweet little boy surprised his grandmother one morning, and brought her a cup of coffee. He made it himself, and was so proud! He anxiously waited to hear the verdict, on the quality of the coffee.

The grandmother had never in her life had such a bad cup of coffee, and as she forced down the last sip she noticed three of those little green army guys in the bottom of the cup.

She asked, "Honey, why would three little green army guys be in the bottom of my cup?"

Her grandson replied, "You know grandma, it's like on TV,'The best part of waking up is soldiers in your cup.'"
politicians

Louisville, KY

#19337 Apr 26, 2014
cant wait til the next election!
Republicans Are Stupid

Shelbiana, KY

#19339 Apr 27, 2014
politicians wrote:
cant wait til the next election!
Will Romney win again?

Lmfao
Lmfao
Lmfao
PAM

Ashland, KY

#19340 Apr 27, 2014
Flat Top Freddie wrote:
<quoted text>You copy jokes from the INTERNET! Trash!
Is that different from reading them from some joke book, and re telling them, or do you just make up your own?
just

Hyden, KY

#19344 Apr 27, 2014
to let you people know that race is over it ended in 2010 .its 2014 now.look its spring time. you are 4 yrs behind time.their another race to talk about now.wake up.

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#19346 Apr 29, 2014
Once there was an Democrat that was down on his luck. In order to get some money he decided to kidnap a kid and hold him for ransom. He went to the playground, grabbed a kid, took him behind a tree and told him, "I've kidnapped you!"

Then, the Democrat wrote a note saying "I've kidnapped your kid. Tomorrow morning put $10,000 in a paper bag and put it beneath the pecan tree next to the slide on the north side of the city playground. Signed, A Democrat."

The Democrat then pinned the note to the kid's shirt and sent him home to show it to his parents, who just happened to be Uncle Tabby, and his very lovely wife.

The next morning the Democrat checked, and sure enough a paper bag was sitting beneath that pecan tree. The Democrat opened up the bag and found the $10,000 with a note. The note said, "Here is your money, but I still don't understand how a Democrat do this to another Democrat?!"
Pam

Flatwoods, KY

#19347 Apr 29, 2014
BIG_STEVIE wrote:
Once there was an Democrat that was down on his luck. In order to get some money he decided to kidnap a kid and hold him for ransom. He went to the playground, grabbed a kid, took him behind a tree and told him, "I've kidnapped you!"
Then, the Democrat wrote a note saying "I've kidnapped your kid. Tomorrow morning put $10,000 in a paper bag and put it beneath the pecan tree next to the slide on the north side of the city playground. Signed, A Democrat."
The Democrat then pinned the note to the kid's shirt and sent him home to show it to his parents, who just happened to be Uncle Tabby, and his very lovely wife.
The next morning the Democrat checked, and sure enough a paper bag was sitting beneath that pecan tree. The Democrat opened up the bag and found the $10,000 with a note. The note said, "Here is your money, but I still don't understand how a Democrat do this to another Democrat?!"
LOL!!! But the rest of do know.
Nonagenario

Salem, MA

#19348 Apr 29, 2014
Republicans Are Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>Now that was really stupid.
I really agree with you. The woman is under her own admission 76 years old going into 77.
No husband and belongs to some kind of Corpses Club ( she confess).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 3 min Nopal 6,180
News DHS released nearly 20,000 criminal immigrants ... 7 min Sam Bo 3
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 9 min Three Psyche 1,172
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 10 min Nopal 8,765
News Trump: Illegal immigrants treated better than v... 11 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 33
News Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton in Dead Heat... 13 min kelly 1
When Does Anti-Immigration Go Too Far? (Sep '15) 27 min Nopal 454
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 10 hr Nopal 141,200
More from around the web