GOP must navigate growing divide with tea party

There are 37 comments on the Alabama Live story from Sep 14, 2013, titled GOP must navigate growing divide with tea party. In it, Alabama Live reports that:

Tea party activists, once unquestioned as a benefit to the Republican Party for supplying it with votes and energy, are now criticizing GOP leaders at seemingly every turn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alabama Live.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bottlecap

Clearwater, FL

#1 Sep 14, 2013
The Problem is that the Rockefeller Republicans have disguised themselves as "Conservatives", aka neo cons, and have, with their NWO Globalist Democratic buddies, TOTALLY muddied the political waters.

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#2 Sep 14, 2013
Their racist hate has fully consumed themů Obama just keeps beating them across he head with his chess board.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Level 1

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#3 Sep 14, 2013
Good!

Time for the GOP to spit into 2 separate parties- the Teabagger religious nutjob party & the more moderate Republican party.
Storm Warning

Fall River, WI

#4 Sep 14, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Their racist hate has fully consumed themů Obama just keeps beating them across he head with his chess board.
the democrats are anti White
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Furlong, PA

#6 Sep 14, 2013
If the gop doesn't dump teabagger nutcases they will continue to lose elections. It is a treasonous movement financed by the ultra evil koch brothers for their own financial benefit!
leonardo

United States

#8 Sep 15, 2013
Storm Warning wrote:
<quoted text>the democrats are anti White
if republlicans are again latinos they will not have chance for a republican president ever because latinos are growing they know but they stupids
spud

Dallas, PA

#10 Sep 15, 2013
The neocon leadership of the Republican party are what's tearing it apart. If they want to be Democrats that bad why not just switch parties? Both parties suck.
spud

Dallas, PA

#11 Sep 15, 2013
bottlecap wrote:
The Problem is that the Rockefeller Republicans have disguised themselves as "Conservatives", aka neo cons, and have, with their NWO Globalist Democratic buddies, TOTALLY muddied the political waters.
Amen

“i hope we can change this!”

Level 1

Since: Aug 08

usa

#12 Sep 15, 2013
the real republicans have no problem with the tea party...it's the mccains and grahams that do...

besides, the democrat divide over Obama's wanting to attack Syria seems a bit more divisive...
and WAY more counter productive for the mid-terms!
even with the media's misinformation campaign!
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#13 Sep 15, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Good!
Time for the GOP to spit into 2 separate parties- the Teabagger religious nutjob party & the more moderate Republican party.
The party where who purchases the most weapons and being punished economically for defense and has at least a respectable percentage of voters will be the one who does not get the blame as things continue to decline.The others will be punished physically.

“your life is great”

Level 2

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#14 Sep 15, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Good!
Time for the GOP to spit into 2 separate parties- the Teabagger religious nutjob party & the more moderate Republican party.
agreed.
the older republicans I know don't even recognize their own party anymore.
some have already re-registered as independent.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#15 Sep 15, 2013
carey529 wrote:
the real republicans have no problem with the tea party...it's the mccains and grahams that do...
besides, the democrat divide over Obama's wanting to attack Syria seems a bit more divisive...
and WAY more counter productive for the mid-terms!
even with the media's misinformation campaign!
Bet that you whistle in the dark, too.....

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#16 Sep 15, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Good!
Time for the GOP to spit into 2 separate parties- the Teabagger religious nutjob party & the more moderate Republican party.
The more moderate Republicans might make up a small gathering, but hardly a party.
Storm Warning

Fall River, WI

#17 Sep 16, 2013
The Democrats pass Anti White Laws

“Headed toward the cliff”

Level 1

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#18 Sep 16, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>The more moderate Republicans might make up a small gathering, but hardly a party.
Actually I still consider most Republicans currently in office as moderates, but the noisy Teabagger wing is essentially holding them hostage with threats of primary challenges where the wingnut wing of the party comes out to vote in droves.

Either way, this is only good news for the Dems going into 2014 & 2016.
spud

Dallas, PA

#19 Sep 16, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I still consider most Republicans currently in office as moderates, but the noisy Teabagger wing is essentially holding them hostage with threats of primary challenges where the wingnut wing of the party comes out to vote in droves.
Either way, this is only good news for the Dems going into 2014 & 2016.
Wingnuts became wingnuts when they were judged by slackers. The slacker wing of the Democratic party, by far the largest, hates hard work and fiscal responsibility. They despise anything that threatens to take their undeserved freebies. Democrats are more dangerous to this country than Republicans but lets face facts, both parties suck. I can't figure why 90% of the people aren't independents.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#20 Sep 16, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I still consider most Republicans currently in office as moderates, but the noisy Teabagger wing is essentially holding them hostage with threats of primary challenges where the wingnut wing of the party comes out to vote in droves.
Either way, this is only good news for the Dems going into 2014 & 2016.
IT IS CRUCIAL TO OUR TWO PARTY SYSTEM, THAT THE REPUBLICAN'S REPAIR THE DIVISIONS IN THEIR PARTY.......There is absolutely zero future in attacking this President, minimizing his support or stalling needed legislation, just for partisan reasons.....

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#22 Sep 16, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>IT IS CRUCIAL TO OUR TWO PARTY SYSTEM, THAT THE REPUBLICAN'S REPAIR THE DIVISIONS IN THEIR PARTY.......There is absolutely zero future in attacking this President, minimizing his support or stalling needed legislation, just for partisan reasons.....
On way might be for the Republican leadership to announce that they are moderates who are willing to work with the opposition to find solutions, and prove it with their actions. They used to be called the loyal opposition. Step two would be for them to renounce the far right extremists and divorce themselves from the destructive cuckoos.

These would include Tea Party members, right wing religious fanatics, all-purpose bigots, birthers, and others who own time shares in a single brain cell. Of course, any one of these groups would include most of the others.
NYM8387

United States

#23 Sep 16, 2013
leonardo wrote:
<quoted text>if republlicans are again latinos they will not have chance for a republican president ever because latinos are growing they know but they stupids
Deporting all illegals will put a massive dent on those reconquista dreams.Don't forget where the majority of obamas votes came from.
NYM8387

United States

#24 Sep 16, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>IT IS CRUCIAL TO OUR TWO PARTY SYSTEM, THAT THE REPUBLICAN'S REPAIR THE DIVISIONS IN THEIR PARTY.......There is absolutely zero future in attacking this President, minimizing his support or stalling needed legislation, just for partisan reasons.....
Anchors are funny.needed legislation?you mean the same legislation business leaders are pushing for because they can't find Americans to the work,but have laid off thousands in recent months?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 4 hr X Crypsis X 138,181
News What Should Citizenship Mean? 4 hr Anonymous 20
News On H1B Visas: Scott Walker Will Fight For Ameri... 4 hr Anonymous 39
News Pelosi gives commencement for San Jose State grads 4 hr Anonymous 2
News CWA e-Newsletter: May 21, 2015 5 hr Leon Harrison 1
News Christie: I've changed immigration position 6 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 18
News Barry Lewis: Hard-working folks deserve their d... 6 hr wild child 4
More from around the web