Mass. Senate limits illegal immigrant...

Mass. Senate limits illegal immigrants' access to welfare, jobless ...

There are 164 comments on the Lowell Sun story from May 27, 2010, titled Mass. Senate limits illegal immigrants' access to welfare, jobless .... In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

State senators yesterday shot down a proposal to require all applicants for public benefits to submit to background checks, but passed a more targeted law focused on welfare and unemployment benefits.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

citizen

Dracut, MA

#124 Jun 4, 2010
The border is safer now than it's ever been,' said U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman Lloyd Easterling.
He said one factor is that with fewer jobs available amid the U.S. recession, illegal immigration has dropped."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/03/nat...
QUOTE]
Let's make it even more safer, get rid of the illegals we have now and use force to stop any more from coming in.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#125 Jun 4, 2010
Nostradamus wrote:
<quoted text> OK, got it - you're a "Christian Patriot" with the full set of loony beliefs, like this:
"In its most concise form, the myth of the organic Constitution can be summarized as follows:
The Constitution is a divinely inspired document in which human agency is secondary to God's will. Only the original Constitution and Bill of Rights as signed by the Founders is the supreme Law of the Land and this law should be interpreted in the light of Biblical understanding. All later amendments, laws and regulations are 'unconstitutional' in the sense that they 'create a federal constitution in opposition to the original.'"
http://www.albionmonitor.com/freemen/ci-roots...
I don't waste time debating lunatics. Have a nice afterlife.
I will have a nice eternal life with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
You can always tell when someone doesn't know what they are talking about, because they do not want to discuss it at all when you will not agree with their opinions of things. That is a good description of you.
See if you really want to start to learn about amendments and such things, first read the constitution, but have a darn good dictionary by you so you can look up the words that you do not know the meanings too. See that is what I had to do about twenty some years ago when I first started to study it. Now be a good little student and look up the word "Pursuant" of "Pursuance". Then reread the part of the Constitution that deals with the making and adding of amendments and laws. You may learn something. Heaven forbid.
By the way YES I am a "Born Again Christian" if you know what one is that is, plus do my best to live my life on Christian principles. Kind of like most of our founding fathers were.
If Christian principles are as you say looney to you, then just forget about it, because you are hopeless.
Roger Anderson

Middleton, MA

#126 Jun 7, 2010
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are a liar. No problem. Just be up front. I can google anything and come up with a bull crap link. I thought you were the guy to research and go beyond main stream media? You are a fraud. You're in over your head you troll.
Show me where I've lied. Show me evidence Frank of fraud and when did I say anything about going beyond the media. Your angry because I your one of them chickenhawks who waves his flag and thinks that's being patriotic. What else have you done for your country?
Roger Anderson

Middleton, MA

#127 Jun 7, 2010
AZBowhunter wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...you're right! Life is sooo much better in Taxachusetts. You've got some nerve talking about health care considering your state is about to go bankrupt because of skyrocketing health care costs. You're already losing doctors at a big clip. To be honest, there's nothing wrong with my health care. In fact, I have really good health care and I am pretty certain I pay a hell of a lot less than you do and I don't have to worry about my doctor closing up shop and leaving.
As for education, my kids attend a private school. Too many liberals and illegals in the public school system. Which, is why AZ schools score so low. No school system in the world can survive a combination of liberals and non-English speaking illegals from Mexico.
To start with you'd loser that healthcare bet. and your infomation about the Masschgusettts Healthcare is faux news misinfomation. also on that note who do you suppose helped Romney write the massachusetts healthcare bill. Duh the Heritage foundation.
Actually no system can survive a majority of people like yourself.
Roger Anderson

Middleton, MA

#128 Jun 7, 2010
Interested Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm convinced. An article in a Phillipino Newspaper with a circulation of 1000 written by Ferdz Nacua with the headline "Mexico City is one of safest parts of America". Does he even know he geography of the US? There is no info on Google on him other than his Facebook listing.
You need serious help. It does enter my mind that you are just kidding here. No one outside a mental institution would use this article as proof. But you have never shown any sense of humor. Just a self serving over sized ego that spouts opinion and propaganda as fact. And then insults anyone who disagrees. If you are the man you claim to be, apologize and understand that on immigration you are wrong and illegal immigration is destructive. It takes courage to admit you are wrong admittedly, but it will gain you respect. Even the people who normally support you, have to be looking at this and see you have a problem. They are laughing at you. I am laughing at you. You took a position on illegal immigration that is not supportable and now you are in full panic mode. Man up.

Youíre the one with the problem here is the same article from a conservative medium. You see itís an AP story that does get some circulation albeit not in the Lowell Sun. As I often warn people the news you donít get is more dangerous than the news they do print. So you my friend have walked into your own ambush because as you can see you dismissed it as unimportant because of the source w/o checking to see if it appeared in what you would consider a legitimate source. So guess whoís gotcha moment just got turned on him.

Iíve never said Iím perfect but why is your opinion always right and mine always wrong. It appears you have the same flaws you accuse me of. As for the insults How many times have I been called a libtard or other names I cry myself to sleep every night because people like frank and tony call me names. Anyway thereís the same story from newsmax have fun re-reading it.

http://www.newsmax.com/US/LT-Mexico-US-Safer/...
dunstable

East Hartford, CT

#129 Jun 7, 2010
send them back, we need our jobs for the people that live here, and we can't afford to support ourself, never mind them. it amases me that my brother , a vet. and now unemployed, and also I may add got hurt on the job, can't get food stamps or unemployment!!!!!!!!!!sh-t on us that pay into the system!!!!!!!!
spud

Bridgeton, NJ

#130 Jun 7, 2010
I guess this new law is a step in the right direction even though many think it doesn't go far enough. It's also predictable that the people that favor illegal aliens claim the law will be too expensive to enforce at $6 per background check. It really says something when a liberal state like Mass. feels it's neccessary to pass a law like this. I wonder if our alien loving national Democratic party is taking notice?
Ga Girl 56

Atlanta, GA

#131 Jun 7, 2010
spud wrote:
I guess this new law is a step in the right direction even though many think it doesn't go far enough. It's also predictable that the people that favor illegal aliens claim the law will be too expensive to enforce at $6 per background check. It really says something when a liberal state like Mass. feels it's neccessary to pass a law like this. I wonder if our alien loving national Democratic party is taking notice?
We can only hope so. Hope that all states are taken notice and doing the right thing. We are here in GA.
Roger Anderson

Middleton, MA

#132 Jun 7, 2010
spud wrote:
They passed this law because they're all jumping on the anti -immigration bandwagon w/o acertaining the truthfullness of all the rightwing rhetoric.
Truth be known Arizona is is facing real financial hardships and this immigration bill has done a great job diverting attention that they have the highest percentage of houses that are underwater. I'm sure the bankers and mortgage companies are "good citizens." So you guy's keep kicking the poor and powerless while bush/cheney hands of business policies continue to come home to roost.
Frank

Lowell, MA

#133 Jun 7, 2010
Still blaming it on Bush huh? Jesus you are a horrible one trick pony.
I'm sure Bush is down there kidnapping everyone too, I mean why else would it be only behind Mexico City in kidnapping stats?
Roger Anderson

Middleton, MA

#134 Jun 7, 2010
Frank wrote:
Still blaming it on Bush huh? Jesus you are a horrible one trick pony.
I'm sure Bush is down there kidnapping everyone too, I mean why else would it be only behind Mexico City in kidnapping stats?
That's right Frank and there's more damage coming because of bush/cheney. It's kind of like a tsunami. The earthquake started in 2001 and the wave created by it is still causing damage long after the the initial earthquake is forgotten.
How many innocent people do you suppose they kidanapped and tortured. That stupid a$$ just said he has no problem torturing KSM. Well guess what in the future everytime and ASmerican POw gets tortured I hope their faminy thanks you bush aand cheney.
Show me real statistic's not a faux news report or the echo. backing tour kidnapping statement.
AND

AOL

#135 Jun 7, 2010
Roger Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
They passed this law because they're all jumping on the anti -immigration bandwagon w/o acertaining the truthfullness of all the rightwing rhetoric.
Truth be known Arizona is is facing real financial hardships and this immigration bill has done a great job diverting attention that they have the highest percentage of houses that are underwater. I'm sure the bankers and mortgage companies are "good citizens." So you guy's keep kicking the poor and powerless while bush/cheney hands of business policies continue to come home to roost.
Give me a break the are here ILLEGALY. So we should turn a blind eye and do nothing but give more and more to them?
Look what it has done to Calif.
Roger Anderson

Middleton, MA

#136 Jun 7, 2010
Who did what to California immigrants or the bush administration policies? What about Enron with it's rolling blackouts?. Did undocumented aliens put property values in Az 8underwater or was it T-party types.
Didn't Don Corleone tell his son Michael a Lawyer with a breif case can steal more money than 100 men with guns.
Crime has been dropping for the last 10 years but you people turn a murder into an invasion. Read the link up on post#128 that didn't come from a left leaning source, that previously nullified it's validity.
Bagdad Harry

United States

#137 Jun 7, 2010
Roger Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right Frank and there's more damage coming because of bush/cheney. It's kind of like a tsunami. The earthquake started in 2001 and the wave created by it is still causing damage long after the the initial earthquake is forgotten.
How many innocent people do you suppose they kidanapped and tortured. That stupid a$$ just said he has no problem torturing KSM. Well guess what in the future everytime and ASmerican POw gets tortured I hope their faminy thanks you bush aand cheney.
Show me real statistic's not a faux news report or the echo. backing tour kidnapping statement.
Rog...just stop...enough...
Work with me here...
If you are here illegally...then you don't belong here...You are breaking the law...
Now as I have told you...the Az law will stand up to Constitutional muster...
It is far less intrusive then the existing Federal law...if they chose to enforce it.
Roger Anderson

Middleton, MA

#138 Jun 7, 2010
Bagdad Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
Rog...just stop...enough...
Work with me here...
If you are here illegally...then you don't belong here...You are breaking the law...
Now as I have told you...the Az law will stand up to Constitutional muster...
It is far less intrusive then the existing Federal law...if they chose to enforce it.
Harry that law will never stand muster especially since sheriff arpaio is being investigated for profiling. For the 100th time it's not a crime to overstay your papers, it just meansd you have to wait 3 yr's to come back if you get caught.
It is a crime to come here w/o papers like them WOP's from Italy but they have to prove you snuck in. This is just a smoke screen to distract the citizens of AZ from what's really going on. You and I both know the middle class's misery is going to morph into some wealthy speculators goldmine.It's a win-win for the wealthy who are waiting for the property values to topple. Hell about a mile from here there's a nice mansion on some beautiful property that was going for $1.1 million it ended up selling for less than the land is worth.
To tell you the truth if this place dipped under water I would probably move to Montana and spend my winters somewhere else.

Since: Apr 10

Glendale, AZ

#140 Jun 7, 2010
citizen wrote:
The border is safer now than it's ever been,' said U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman Lloyd Easterling.
He said one factor is that with fewer jobs available amid the U.S. recession, illegal immigration has dropped."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/03/nat...
QUOTE]
Let's make it even more safer, get rid of the illegals we have now and use force to stop any more from coming in.
If that tripe is true then illegals: are not committing rapes and murders in Washington state; they are not kidnapping people and shooting cops in Pinal county; driving drunk in Wisconsin and killing people; are not murdering people in South Carolina; they are not murdering people in Texas; they are not murdering people in Atlanta.......

That's if the borders are safe.
Bagdad Harry

United States

#139 Jun 7, 2010
Roger Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Harry that law will never stand muster especially since sheriff arpaio is being investigated for profiling. For the 100th time it's not a crime to overstay your papers, it just meansd you have to wait 3 yr's to come back if you get caught.
It is a crime to come here w/o papers like them WOP's from Italy but they have to prove you snuck in. This is just a smoke screen to distract the citizens of AZ from what's really going on. You and I both know the middle class's misery is going to morph into some wealthy speculators goldmine.It's a win-win for the wealthy who are waiting for the property values to topple. Hell about a mile from here there's a nice mansion on some beautiful property that was going for $1.1 million it ended up selling for less than the land is worth.
To tell you the truth if this place dipped under water I would probably move to Montana and spend my winters somewhere else.
Rog..the Federal law doesn't have the if stopped for another reason provision in it...they can stop you under the Federal law for ANY reason...and ask you for your papers...
the AZ law states you have to be stopped for another reason to be asked...
Do you understand what I am saying...the Federal law is far more unconstitutional in your eyes...but it was upheld in a 2005 decision.
End of debate!
Roger Anderson

Middleton, MA

#141 Jun 8, 2010
Bagdad Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
Rog..the Federal law doesn't have the if stopped for another reason provision in it...they can stop you under the Federal law for ANY reason...and ask you for your papers...
the AZ law states you have to be stopped for another reason to be asked...
Do you understand what I am saying...the Federal law is far more unconstitutional in your eyes...but it was upheld in a 2005 decision.
End of debate!
Harry, We have the ideal world and the real world. I also understand that the Massachusetts State Police have a tendency to stop numerous vehicles on rt 84 that just happen to be loaded with drugs. If you read the stoies you see things like failure to signal when changing lanes, following to close, or some other stupid reason they never enforce. So your point is moot
I got stopped one for speeding in Westminister and the cop asked if he could search my car for empty containers. guess what beer cans don't fit in ash trays. And the only reason that cop didn't get the crap beat out of him is because I found my FID card. It seems he found a 22 caliber bullet under the seat.
I went straight to a state cops house where he told me I could stop the search anytime I wanted to. We're now down to you can look through the windows or go get a warrant. that was because a worcester cop thought he saw a gun after a bar room brawl. He didn't because I know my limitations.
Roger Anderson

Middleton, MA

#142 Jun 8, 2010
Hammerhead wrote:
they're setting up a hotline to report employers who hire illegals! how many landscape and roofing companies will now have to hire Americans!
The problem is they blend well with the ones who are documented Really, What does an undocumented Alien look like? How many wild goose chases are the ICE people going to go before they get sick of unverifiable reports.
Roger Anderson

Middleton, MA

#143 Jun 8, 2010
AZBowhunter wrote:
<quoted text>
If that tripe is true then illegals: are not committing rapes and murders in Washington state; they are not kidnapping people and shooting cops in Pinal county; driving drunk in Wisconsin and killing people; are not murdering people in South Carolina; they are not murdering people in Texas; they are not murdering people in Atlanta.......
That's if the borders are safe.
Stop being an idiot. Hell did you know most murders in the US are committed by christians? Does that mean we should burn church's and christains alike. Now tell me why your not out there enforcing the laws against polygamy that seems to be out of control in AZ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Strange bedfellows: Jimmy Carter defends Trump 33 min Dee Dee Dee 210
Should Katrina be banned? 39 min george 138
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 43 min george 10,756
News Trump pardons former Sheriff Joe Arpaio 1 hr Chicagoan by Birth 1,260
News Seriously? DNC Vice Chair Keith Ellison Compare... 3 hr Cordwainer Trout 4
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 10 hr Robin Hood of El ... 147,601
News Pelosi on DREAMer Protest: - I Respect the Conc... 10 hr tomin cali 4
More from around the web