Obama puts immigration back in spotlight

Oct 24, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTAE-TV Pittsburgh

Once you're logged in, at the top of each article, video or slideshow you will see a list of your Facebook friends who recently visited Choose to share stories you'e read with your friends or turn sharing OFF to keep your reading experience anonymous .

Comments
61 - 80 of 104 Comments Last updated Nov 27, 2013
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Juan wrote:
To answer any of your concerns, the undocumented worker has been exploited by Americans. We work hard to support our families both here and in Mexico. I was raised in San Antonio, my father worked for the city and mother worked at a local hotel. They have both retired and returned to Progresso because of the hatred in the U. S. toward Mexicans. We do not ask for anything we are willing to work for everything we have. Many of us have earned citizenship and deserve the benefits that go along with it. Many of our children are citizens of the U. S. and should get what any other citizen gets.
You and your family came here illegally, lived here illegally and are draining our social services illegally. Why would we want a bunch of criminals like you to remain in our country? You have earned nothing but arrest and deportation, criminal.
Oldglory

Banning, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Juan wrote:
To answer any of your concerns, the undocumented worker has been exploited by Americans. We work hard to support our families both here and in Mexico. I was raised in San Antonio, my father worked for the city and mother worked at a local hotel. They have both retired and returned to Progresso because of the hatred in the U. S. toward Mexicans. We do not ask for anything we are willing to work for everything we have. Many of us have earned citizenship and deserve the benefits that go along with it. Many of our children are citizens of the U. S. and should get what any other citizen gets.
Illegal aliens have allowed themselves to be exploited by breaking our immigration laws and working for the greedy employers who hire them. They only have themselves to blame. Americans work hard to support their families only to have their lives ripped apart by cheap, illegal laborers who stole their jobs or reduced their wages and had their taxes go through the roof supporting these illegal's social costs.

There is no hatred in the country for Mexicans that are here LEGALLY and that don't have a ethnocentric mindset that trumps our immigration laws for their ethnic group here illegally.

Right, you don't ask YOU TAKE! No, none of them deserve our citizenship for violating our immigration laws and negatively impacting our own citizens. Are you kidding me?

Once the 14th Amendment is re-interpreted the way it was meant. There will be no more anchor babies and rightly so.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegal aliens have allowed themselves to be exploited by breaking our immigration laws and working for the greedy employers who hire them. They only have themselves to blame. Americans work hard to support their families only to have their lives ripped apart by cheap, illegal laborers who stole their jobs or reduced their wages and had their taxes go through the roof supporting these illegal's social costs.
There is no hatred in the country for Mexicans that are here LEGALLY and that don't have a ethnocentric mindset that trumps our immigration laws for their ethnic group here illegally.
Right, you don't ask YOU TAKE! No, none of them deserve our citizenship for violating our immigration laws and negatively impacting our own citizens. Are you kidding me?
Once the 14th Amendment is re-interpreted the way it was meant. There will be no more anchor babies and rightly so.
Excellent post, Sir. Thank you.
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
yup ,come legal.or stay home.
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>You and your family came here illegally, lived here illegally and are draining our social services illegally. Why would we want a bunch of criminals like you to remain in our country? You have earned nothing but arrest and deportation, criminal.
right100% amen,now get out.this is a joke,bad one.still no amnesty.we are in nov .no one cares.these people will wait a long time they will be deported sooner or later.
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

I have worked too hard over the years to be deported. I was brought here as an infant and had nothing to say about it. I now own a company and do well so all of a sudden some want me to leave, it won't happen.
Hilton Head

Deland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Nyctophiliac_Beast wrote:
Thank God for Obama!
What God is that?
Eleanor

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Juan wrote:
I have worked too hard over the years to be deported. I was brought here as an infant and had nothing to say about it. I now own a company and do well so all of a sudden some want me to leave, it won't happen.
Then you owe a duty to YOURSELF to make yourself a LEGAL resident of the United States of America.

Unless you want to be deported, you need to go through the proper channels to begin the process for legal American citizenship.

Otherwise, as a citizen of a different country, you can be deported to your country of origin.
Jesus Malverde

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent post, Sir. Thank you.
Nose, meet brown.

Jajaja
Oldglory

Banning, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Juan wrote:
SO WHAT!! Why didn't you go back to your homeland as an adult and apply to come back here legally? NO EXCUSES!

Who gives a damn that you own a company? How is that legally possible since you are here illegally? Working hard does not negate our immigration laws nor our right to enforce them. Haven't you any conscience at all now that you are an adult and responsible for your own actions? Yes, your parents were to blame initially for bringing you here but you but you are an adult now and responsible for your own actions. Grow up and do the right thing, for God's sake!
Oldglory

Banning, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

God also made Ten Commandments for all "humanity" to follow. Illegals aliens break just about all of them by being here. Did God say it was alright to make a better life for yourself while causing harm to others? Or are the "others" not as human?
sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Simply pandering for votes and diverting attention away from other issues.

Why do you Msnbc seems to playing up the Toronto crack mayor story as much many other MAINstream outlets. Divert attention from the their party and Obama Care.
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Oldglory wrote:
God also made Ten Commandments for all "humanity" to follow. Illegals aliens break just about all of them by being here. Did God say it was alright to make a better life for yourself while causing harm to others? Or are the "others" not as human?
you are not kidding especily thy shall, not steal, lie, and drive drunk, oh ok made the last one up.
Jesus Malverde

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Oldglory wrote:
I'm sure my Father shares your hatred of all things brown.
Oldglory

Banning, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Jesus Malverde wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure my Father shares your hatred of all things brown.
Where did I say that I hate all things brown you lying POS!!!! I have no problem with any race here LEGALLY and that includes those with brown skin. So stick your race card where the sun doesn't shine!!! It is you and your type that are the racists as you think "browns" should be above our immigration laws and rewarded for breaking them and I have read enough of your comments to know that you are racist against non-Hispanic whites. What a hypocrite you are! How do you look yourself in the mirror each day?
Jesus Malverde

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Then why, for Father's sake, have you interjected His name into your dum argument, and from that concluded that brown people collectively are breaking laws, both secular and religious. Does my Father talk with you personally and deliver these types of hate speak?
Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say that I hate all things brown you lying POS!!!! I have no problem with any race here LEGALLY and that includes those with brown skin. So stick your race card where the sun doesn't shine!!! It is you and your type that are the racists as you think "browns" should be above our immigration laws and rewarded for breaking them and I have read enough of your comments to know that you are racist against non-Hispanic whites. What a hypocrite you are! How do you look yourself in the mirror each day?
ronnie

Orem, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Irony wrote:
<quoted text>This is what the product of Affirmative Action brings to the table. A seemingly affable person but with very little substance to be in a position of leadership. MLK said a man should be judged on the quality of his character, not the color of his skin. Affirmative action turned MLK's words around.
He's never held down a job. Ill prepared to lead the free World. this Guy was a community organizer. And before that he was in School. Michelle had her Law degree and did work in a law office but soon left to help Barry run for the Senate. I honestly don't think he knows what he's doing. He's not experienced enough to run anything except perhaps running down this Country... Sad.
Storm Warning

De Forest, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

We can solve this problem by working together a series of clinics in Mexico where they are fed olestra and given free cigarettes along with vasectomies and and dnc surgery free birth control pills and encouragement to emigrate off the continent
spud

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

Nyctophiliac_Beast wrote:
Thank God for Obama!
I love the idea that Obama wants to work with Republicans to incrementally change our immigration laws. Let's start with adopting Everify for all employment, housing and government assistance. This must include strict enforcement and severe penalties for infractions. After six months we can take the next step. That would be to deny birthright citizenship to children of illegal aliens. After another six months we could revisit the issue. Of course, that means our gutless politicians would have to stand up to big business, religion and unions who all profit off cheap illegal foreign labor. Let's see if they have the courage and patriotism to do what's right.
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Oh just get out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••