“United We Stand”

Level 7

Since: Dec 11

Divided We Fall

#2865 Dec 6, 2012
The Zimmerman case always reminds me of this related case;

OLYMPIC PARK: ANOTHER VICTIM

OCTOBER 28, 1996

Richard Jewell, the Olympic security guard who first discovered a pipebomb minutes before it exploded at last summer's games in Atlanta, held a press conference to talk about the how the FBI and the media have made his life "a nightmare." Jewell had been accused of planting the bomb in July, but was cleared on Saturday when Justice Department officials released a letter saying he was no longer a target of their investigations.
more..
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/sports/jewell_...

“From The Desert To The Sea”

Level 7

Since: Sep 09

To All Across The Lands

#2866 Dec 6, 2012
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh he found a more lucrative way than that to raise money;
George Zimmerman sues NBC over Trayvon Martin reports
Lawyers for George Zimmerman filed suit today against NBC Universal Media over a well-publicized editing error that portrayed their client in racist terms in his pursuit of Trayvon Martin on a drizzly evening in February.
“NBC saw the death of Trayvon Martin not as a tragedy but as an opportunity to increase ratings, and so to set about the myth that George Zimmerman was a racist and predatory villain,” states the civil complaint in its opening salvo against NBC.
(Also at The Washington Post: Can Zimmerman prevail against NBC?)
NBC’s editing of the 911 audiotape in the Martin case became a public fixation after the media-monitoring Web site NewsBusters.org noted editing oddities on a “Today” show broadcast March 27. Here’s how NBC News portrayed the audiotape:
Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.
The full tape went like this:
Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.
Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.
more slander from NBC at..
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemp...
I saw that one too. He's doing the greeting cards for quick cash. The lawsuit could take, well... awhile.

Level 7

To All Across The Lands

#2867 Dec 6, 2012
Ralff wrote:
The Zimmerman case always reminds me of this related case;
OLYMPIC PARK: ANOTHER VICTIM
OCTOBER 28, 1996
Richard Jewell, the Olympic security guard who first discovered a pipebomb minutes before it exploded at last summer's games in Atlanta, held a press conference to talk about the how the FBI and the media have made his life "a nightmare." Jewell had been accused of planting the bomb in July, but was cleared on Saturday when Justice Department officials released a letter saying he was no longer a target of their investigations.
more..
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/sports/jewell_...
Zimmerman case reminds me of the Dunn case.

source: Shotgun Report at Center of Florida Shooting Case

The case against Michael Dunn, a software developer charged with second-degree murder in the shooting of a 17-year-old Jacksonville student at a convenience store, hinges on a shotgun.

Mr. Dunn told his lawyer that he fired his handgun eight times on Nov. 23 only after one of the four teenagers in a car threatened him and pointed a shotgun his way. Two of the gunshots killed the teenager, Jordan Davis, a high school senior who wanted to join the Marine Corps. But so far, Jacksonville law enforcement officers have not found a shotgun.

“United We Stand”

Level 7

Divided We Fall

#2868 Dec 6, 2012
Angels Flight wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw that one too. He's doing the greeting cards for quick cash. The lawsuit could take, well... awhile.
I think he is getting railroaded but I'm gonna pass on the greeting cards this year...

“United We Stand”

Level 7

Divided We Fall

#2869 Dec 6, 2012
Angels Flight wrote:
<quoted text>
The case against Michael Dunn, a software developer charged with second-degree murder in the shooting of a 17-year-old Jacksonville student at a convenience store, hinges on a shotgun.
Mr. Dunn told his lawyer that he fired his handgun eight times on Nov. 23 only after one of the four teenagers in a car threatened him and pointed a shotgun his way. Two of the gunshots killed the teenager, Jordan Davis, a high school senior who wanted to join the Marine Corps. But so far, Jacksonville law enforcement officers have not found a shotgun.
Don't see the parallels...

Level 7

To All Across The Lands

#2870 Dec 6, 2012
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't see the parallels...
Maybe it's too obvious.

“United We Stand”

Level 7

Divided We Fall

#2871 Dec 7, 2012
Angels Flight wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe it's too obvious.
Maybe they aren't there.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Big Birds Nest..

#2872 Dec 7, 2012
Angels Flight wrote:
<quoted text>
Why its really reaching to make the parallel.. I looked up the case and there is not much there.. No doubt a guilty verdict will be reached in that case..

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/01/us/shotgun-...

Eagle

“Conservatism is a Disease.”

Level 5

Since: Nov 11

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#2873 Dec 7, 2012
Everyone knows that Zimmerman is a murder.

“United We Stand”

Level 7

Divided We Fall

#2874 Dec 7, 2012
The Notorious Rico wrote:
What Zimmerman are you talking about? I am not aware of a case like that.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2875 Dec 8, 2012
Hold up, Rico, this isn't Mexico, where one is considered guilty until proven innocent. He is innocent until proven quilty. The court has to decide this. We can post our opinions, but in the end, they mean nothing, because we don't get to make the final decision.(And in some cases, the results might actually be better if we could.)
Obsrver

Pompano Beach, FL

#2876 Jul 11, 2013
The prosecution during their final statement were narrating a tape and taking it apart to to prove how guilty Zimmerman was. My question is this. If someone was on top of you and pummeling you, what would you have done. If Zimmerman did nothing he would be the dead man and on one would find the killer. You would not heard anything from the race batters, News or Obama. The press would have ignored it and posted the story as a normal occurrance.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Big Birds Nest..

#2877 Jul 11, 2013
Obsrver wrote:
The prosecution during their final statement were narrating a tape and taking it apart to to prove how guilty Zimmerman was. My question is this. If someone was on top of you and pummeling you, what would you have done. If Zimmerman did nothing he would be the dead man and on one would find the killer. You would not heard anything from the race batters, News or Obama. The press would have ignored it and posted the story as a normal occurrance.
Thats true.. What some people don't understand the man was awake way past his normal bedtime and up to probably 36 hours straight.. Of course the more sleep deprived you are you are going to forget things or change them a bit.. To me thats normal and they don't proscribe temazepam without a reason.. Him being without his meds and up for a long period of time.. With that said the state failed to prove it case.. I would really be surprised if they get manslaughter on him with the incompetent medical examiner and evidence handling..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Big Birds Nest..

#2878 Jul 11, 2013
Here we go.. Personally I think these are doing more harm than good..

Video urges no violence after Zimmerman verdict

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Big Birds Nest..

#2879 Jul 11, 2013
Then you get azzholes like this..

Law enforcement agencies prep for George Zimmerman trial verdict

"If you decide you don't like the outcome of this trial, if you decide you want to protest, do it peacefully," he said, adding that Sanford is not the place to do it.

Instead, he suggested peaceful protests in larger cities "because the only way you're going to change something fundamentally is to let people who have the economics in this country know that we are tired of...(being) profiled because of the color of their skin."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/tra...

Sounds like a rallying call to me..

Eagle
Obsrver

Pompano Beach, FL

#2880 Jul 12, 2013
I think we are taking this out of context. Irregardless of the outcome. Justice went it's course and it is up to the jury to make a decision and not for the public to react to it. Rallying cry, you may be right. I still remember what happened when the LAPD cleard the police in the Rodney King matter. I hope that it does not come to that.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Big Birds Nest..

#2881 Jul 13, 2013
Obsrver wrote:
I think we are taking this out of context. Irregardless of the outcome. Justice went it's course and it is up to the jury to make a decision and not for the public to react to it. Rallying cry, you may be right. I still remember what happened when the LAPD cleard the police in the Rodney King matter. I hope that it does not come to that.
Justice ran its course and we will have the outcome soon.. Personally I don't believe the state proved its case and a not guilty verdict should be read.. If they riot they riot but I thing the police are better equipped now and prepared for it today than in the past..

Eagle
Figures

Reston, VA

#2882 Jul 13, 2013
Everyone knows that I am anasshole.
Point?

“Green card?”

Level 4

Since: Jan 08

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

#2883 Jul 13, 2013
Racist!!!!!

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2885 Jul 14, 2013
Just An Honest Man wrote:
Not guilty! Zimmerman is a free man. Accept the verdict. Accept his freedom.
I am afraid that there are those who will not accept the verdict. Obama should never have inserted himself in this case. That was not a very smart move from a supposedly intelligent man...or was it? What it just another attempt to divide the folks even further?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Quirky 265,812
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 2 hr Yomeits not reall... 136,021
Cruz candidacy would pull GOP further to the right 3 hr Swedenforever 6
Illegal workers pay taxes, reap no federal or s... (Mar '11) 4 hr gulf 269
Native Americans say "Mexicans are Indians, too" (Feb '08) 4 hr gulf 2,378
Joe Miller: 'If 20 million illegals vote, you c... 4 hr gulf 226
Government funds lawyers for immigrant kids 4 hr gulf 10

Immigration Reform People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE