Government shutdown overshadows immig...

Government shutdown overshadows immigration reform efforts

There are 8 comments on the Christian Science Monitor story from Oct 6, 2013, titled Government shutdown overshadows immigration reform efforts. In it, Christian Science Monitor reports that:

Jose Gonzalez of El Paso, Texas, carries the American flag as he leads hundreds of marchers in Las Cruces, N.M. Saturday in a rally for immigration reform.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Christian Science Monitor.

Stop criminals

United States

#1 Oct 6, 2013
Great Britain leads in the solution....

Foreigners will have to prove that they are entitled to be in the country before they are given access to GPs and hospitals, while foreign students will have to make a “contribution” to the health service.
The measure will form the centrepiece of tough new legislation designed to reduce numbers entering the country and put pressure on illegal immigrants to leave.
A senior government source said it was an attempt to target “people who have no right to be here”.
Restricting access to the NHS is highly contentious politically.
GPs will be told they have to check that people seeking to register with them are here legally and issue only time-limited “NHS numbers”— the proof of entitlement to free care — to those who do not have a permanent right to be in the country.

Stop criminal pandering....

Deport
JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

#2 Oct 6, 2013
The reform was stopped and the enforcement has been curtailed as have the classes of the next border patrol recruits until the sequester is over.

We need an attorney general with real balls to enforce all the immigration rules and regulations. ERIC HOLDER needs to be fired and replaced with a strong advocate of justice for American laws.
Wet Neck

United States

#3 Oct 6, 2013
Great britein sucks they even have a king and queen still. Their food sucks too, fish n chips us all they know. The hell with them mate
Obamma anointed king

United States

#4 Oct 7, 2013
Wet Neck wrote:
Great britein sucks they even have a king and queen still. Their food sucks too, fish n chips us all they know. The hell with them mate
Obamma has positioned himself above law, thinking he's king....

The awakening is coming!
Manny Alvarado

El Paso, TX

#5 Oct 7, 2013
I love Eric Holder! He once signed an autograph for my cousin and he's a super nice guy. I think it would be a mistake to replace him anytime soon.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#6 Oct 7, 2013
Manny Alvarado wrote:
I love Eric Holder! He once signed an autograph for my cousin and he's a super nice guy. I think it would be a mistake to replace him anytime soon.
Not a mistake for American citizens but maybe for you ILLEGALS.
Ratbastard

United States

#7 Oct 9, 2013
Manny Alvarado wrote:
I love him too. He's the solid earth. I think the criticism of him is overblown.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#8 Oct 9, 2013
Of course Illegal's love him! LOL Look at all the freebies and he wants your votes, so he'll do every thing he can to hurt Americans for Mexicans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Women's March On Washington Is Nothing But ... 3 min Texxy the Selfie Cat 9
News Nation-Now 52 mins ago 9:15 p.m.New DHS guideli... 3 min tomin cali 4
News Arpaio successor pulls back on immigration hold... 7 min kuda 16
News Thousands descend on downtown LA for a Free the... 8 min tomin cali 6
News Fearing deportation, undocumented mother seeks ... 19 min tomin cali 108
News Trump administration drafts plan to raise asylu... 21 min Wildchild 1
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 26 min What ever 20,884
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 4 hr Just Slim 144,304
More from around the web