Illegal Immigrants Expanding Footprint

Illegal Immigrants Expanding Footprint

There are 94713 comments on the San Francisco Examiner story from Mar 29, 2006, titled Illegal Immigrants Expanding Footprint. In it, San Francisco Examiner reports that:

Sen. Lindsey Graham hears about illegal immigration whenever he travels his home state of South Carolina.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Francisco Examiner.

Since: Dec 06

Chicago IL

#105654 Mar 3, 2011
Sandy
Thanks may try again latter can't use that source.

Twinks
Heavy rains are coming to night .Old bones are telling me.
Tell your sons both Chicago teams have started spring base ball.....
K

“THE RUMBLE WILL BECOME A ROAR”

Level 8

United States of America

#105655 Mar 3, 2011
Hey you guys, look what Georgia is doing.

Ga. House votes to pass immigration bill

ATLANTA (AP)— The Georgia House passed a bill Thursday that aims to crack down on illegal immigration in the state and contains some provisions similar to a tough law enacted in Arizona last year.

The bill sponsored by Rep. Matt Ramsey, a Peachtree City Republican, passed the House by a largely partisan vote of 113-56.

It's up to the federal government to secure U.S. borders and deport illegal immigrants, but Georgia can remove incentives that bring illegal immigrants to the state, Ramsey said.

"No doubt about it, our federal government has failed us, and our citizens in Georgia are suffering the consequences," Ramsey said as he presented the bill in the House chamber.

http://rn-t.com/view/full_story/12150094/arti...

Level 8

United States of America

#105656 Mar 3, 2011
RadicalTim wrote:
Sandy
Thanks may try again latter can't use that source.
Twinks
Heavy rains are coming to night .Old bones are telling me.
Tell your sons both Chicago teams have started spring base ball.....
K
We're supposed to get rain tomorrow night. It's been really nice the past few days. I'll let the boys know about base ball, I know my youngest already knows, he keeps up with all of it. He's coaching his 4 year old's T-ball team this season.

Chicago IL

#105657 Mar 3, 2011
Sandy
Their a couple news sources I wont post from.
If you see it on a local news wire or paper please post it again.
T
crazy laws

United States

#105658 Mar 3, 2011
RadicalTim wrote:
Sandy
Their a couple news sources I wont post from.
If you see it on a local news wire or paper please post it again.
T
Can I know the logic behind it? Just wondering.
Sure, if I see it again I will. Do you post from CNN? That same article shows the CNN video of that same interview about the "terror babies" (they changed the title by the way) and the same state representative does a mega embarrasing job on T.V.:

her name si Debbie Riddle (the same one who is making the new law where Americans can only hire illegal immigrants for houseshores).

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/11/video-l...

Chicago IL

#105659 Mar 3, 2011
crazy laws wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, if I see it again I will. Do you post from CNN? That same article shows the CNN video of that same interview about the "terror babies" (they changed the title by the way) and the same state representative does a mega embarrasing job on T.V.:
her name si Debbie Riddle (the same one who is making the new law where Americans can only hire illegal immigrants for houseshores).
Sandy
Thank's
Sure do it's a personal choice on that other wire service.
T
Media Crazy

College Station, TX

#105660 Mar 8, 2011
Hi there,

The media are publshing crazy stuff, I think they just don't know what to say.

http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/841-kings-s...
crazy laws

Bryan, TX

#105661 Mar 12, 2011
El Paso State Senator Says New State Website Spreading 'Anti-Immigrant Hate'
By Daniel Marin
KVIA News El Paso (TX), March 11, 2011
http://www.kvia.com/news/27154644/detail.html

There's a new front in cyberspace in the ongoing battle over border security in Texas.

Republican Texas Agriculture Commissioner Todd Staples officially unveiled a website put together by his agency titled 'ProtectYourTexasBorder.'

The aim, Staples says, is to provide a place for farmers and ranchers living on remote stretches of the border to document their brushes with border criminals.

'There are high-speed chases on my property,' said one farmer in a taped interview provided by Staples' office.

But when the site actually launched last week, The Texas Tribune reports anti-illegal immigrant comments were posted on the website's message board.

'Kill 'em all,' wrote on person. Another suggested the use of 'land mines' and 'tiger traps.'

'If we started shooting the bad guys, they will get the message,' read another post.

El Paso State Senator Jose Rodriguez told ABC-7 the website is facilitating hate mongering.

Rodriguez asked Commissioner Staples to take down the website.

It's still up. But the message has been wiped and all comments are now moderated for anything hateful.

Rodriguez told KVIA he is sympathetic to those who say they're living in fear on the border, but thinks the state shouldn't be spending money this way, not now.

'It's not a good use of taxpayer dollars when we need to balance our budget,' he said.

Level 8

United States of America

#105662 Mar 12, 2011
If they got rid of the nasty comments and started monitoring the site that should take care of the issue.
Rodriguez sounds like one who does not want people to know that there is a problem with illegal aliens on the border. If the farmers and ranchers document the problems they have with border criminals it might shine too much light on the issue to suit Rodriguez.

Chicago IL

#105663 Mar 12, 2011
Sandy
A lot those sights are gray areas .Their was even a possible of a couple fake face book sight ..
I always verify new articles .
T

Chicago IL

#105664 Mar 12, 2011
crazy laws wrote:
<quoted text>
I search for articles from a lot of different wire sources. You may not know some story's are re posted from different wire news leads. May change contents ,
Found a couple I that were questionable .Major carriers not that often.
T
My prayers with Japan

Bryan, TX

#105665 Mar 13, 2011
You guys.....

Thanks for your replies.

I am kind of depressed for what happened in Japan. At first it was like....yeah....but now after seeing the photos and videos I feel like the disaster is way too catastrophic. The images are too []. My prayers are with our brothers and sisters in Japan. God bless them....

By the way....the news media people are warning t.v. viewers to stop watching these images that they are transmitting because they are too strong and can affect the young and elderly and whoever had experienced a similar event in the past.
I can say...they are affecting me and I don't fit any of those categories...
Letting the guns walk

Bryan, TX

#105666 Mar 13, 2011

Level 8

United States of America

#105667 Mar 13, 2011
My prayers with Japan wrote:
You guys.....
Thanks for your replies.
I am kind of depressed for what happened in Japan. At first it was like....yeah....but now after seeing the photos and videos I feel like the disaster is way too catastrophic. The images are too []. My prayers are with our brothers and sisters in Japan. God bless them....
By the way....the news media people are warning t.v. viewers to stop watching these images that they are transmitting because they are too strong and can affect the young and elderly and whoever had experienced a similar event in the past.
I can say...they are affecting me and I don't fit any of those categories...
I know Sandy, my heart goes out to them too. The material goods can eventually be replaced but you cannot replace the life of a loved one.

Level 8

United States of America

#105668 Mar 13, 2011
I think Brian Terry's family should sue the ATF and the Federal government. They are directly responsible not only for his death but probably many deaths in Mexico as a result of their game playing.

Chicago IL

#105669 Mar 13, 2011
Sandy
I starter working on a emergence kit , water, food prescriptions. Tornado season around the corner .
Number of probabilities out their.
I was trying to explain the difference between a blog and a article.

Twinks
Posted a article last week , close to home so to speak.
Reported by the Daily Herold.
a Hispanic group claims discrimination on Du Page .
The claim was on traffic stops.
/www.dailyherald.com/article/2 0110301/news/702289755/
Only problem geographic mix of the city's may be off.
What wasn't mentioned on the article was their many Hispanic officers in those cities and western Cook county.
T

Chicago IL

#105670 Mar 13, 2011

Level 8

United States of America

#105671 Mar 13, 2011
Racial profiling will be the new catch word for anyone who is Hispanic no matter what the reason for stopping or arresting them might be.
racial profiling

Bryan, TX

#105672 Mar 16, 2011
NON COMPLACENT TWINK wrote:
Racial profiling will be the new catch word for anyone who is Hispanic no matter what the reason for stopping or arresting them might be.
If you are brown skinned you would be racially profiled if you are driving a car. Especially if your car is not necessarily a new car. Then it depends where you are driving. If you are driving in an area where there are not many Hispanics or Latinos that means you don't below there.

Level 8

United States of America

#105673 Mar 17, 2011
racial profiling wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are brown skinned you would be racially profiled if you are driving a car. Especially if your car is not necessarily a new car. Then it depends where you are driving. If you are driving in an area where there are not many Hispanics or Latinos that means you don't below there.
Sandy, according to the law, they cannot stop someone unless they commit a traffic violation or other criminal act. Only then can they question them about residency if they fail to present a valid identity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 16 min Just Think 14,953
News Trump close to naming retired Marine general to... 43 min Tango9125 44
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 hr freedom2016 13,260
News More anti-immigrant legislation: bill would def... 2 hr Slurpee6603 18
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 7 hr X -Man- 143,731
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? 7 hr johnny belinda 104
News How more deportations under Trump could lead to... 9 hr Wildchild 4
More from around the web