Illegal Immigrants Expanding Footprint

Sen. Lindsey Graham hears about illegal immigration whenever he travels his home state of South Carolina. Full Story
First Prev
of 4736
Next Last
Charlie

Norcross, GA

#2 Mar 29, 2006
I would like to start off by saying that Slavery existed in this Country for approximately 400 years! But Historians say that Slavery started in 1619 and ended in 1865 so lets say that Slavery for Blacks lasted 240 years in America. Yes the good old U.S.A..... Can you imagine 15 million African men, women & children forcibly taken from their home land and transported to this country under the most deplorable conditions.

I would wager if I were a gambling man that over One Million Black Slaves were Murdered and or died in transit or within those 240 years of Slavery. Surely we as reasonable people know that Slavery continued after it was illegal to do so in this country.

I mentioned Slavery because this country was built on the Backs of Slaves and their Free Labor that they performed for Hundreds of Years with No Pay for their Work! Hundreds of years with No Pay and were not even considered as Human Beings!

Let us not forget the Japanese and Mexican interment camps and the abuse in the Chinese labor camps just to mention additional atrocities perpetrated by our great God Loving Nation.

Now that all the above has been said I will now state that I am totally against illegal immigration. I believe that the illegal immigrant population is in fact a drain on our economy. A drain on our schools systems; Hospitals; Emergency rooms; Prisons and Custodial facilities and other Social Services, etc.

I however believe that if the illegal immigrants that are currently residing in this country have not been convicted of a Felony and have paid their Taxes and have been employed for a designated period of time, they should be given amnesty. Those who do not meet the above criteria because they have not paid their taxes, etc. should be allowed to pay their delinquent taxes after an Audit which they have to reimburse the I.R.S. for and then given Amnesty.

Those who do not meet the standard criteria should be Deported and if they return illegally it should be a Felony with severe consequences to include the persons who aide and abet by housing them.

Yes we are all Godís children but even God has rules and a place for the bad people! As for the student walk outs I truly doubt their sincerity because they should be studying hard and then protest after school. They are acting like thugs and adding to the fuel of the anti immigrants!!!

Judged:

25

16

15

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Ami

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Mar 29, 2006
The Mexican economy is in shambles and many Mexicans face a choice: Leave their families and make the dangerous and expensive trek to the US to make some cash, or watch their children starve and die of preventable diseases.

So we blame the Mexicans for their economy? Let's remember that there was more stability before 1994- this poverty is exacerbated by NAFTA.

So we help wreck their economy then try to build a wall so they can't come work to try to feed their kids that would not starve if their parents could find decent work in their own hometowns.
Pam Trylch

Portland, OR

#5 Mar 29, 2006
First of all, at least their willing to work! How many of us stay in the fields, orchards, what ever the work, 4or5 hours? maybe less, get paid and don't return? Of course! I lived in a town here in oregon for 22 years, 16 hours later the spanish or what ever their race, still working hard. And here's a thought, OH MY, we're not going to seprate heavens, AND, we all bleed the same.
Mika

Fresno, CA

#6 Mar 29, 2006
Indigenious

That's what Mexican Decents are we have always been on these lands and nowthey are trying to wipe us off as if we're criminals.......We are mothers, fathers, children.......we are human being and we have a right just like anyone else has.......without us many things couldn't get done........they want the protesting to stop but this is what there asking for.......
Disgusted

Jacksonville, AL

#7 Mar 29, 2006
Pam Trylch wrote:
First of all, at least their willing to work! How many of us stay in the fields, orchards, what ever the work, 4or5 hours? maybe less, get paid and don't return? Of course! I lived in a town here in oregon for 22 years, 16 hours later the spanish or what ever their race, still working hard. And here's a thought, OH MY, we're not going to seprate heavens, AND, we all bleed the same.
There is nearly a billion people in China, Vietnam and many othyer countries that will work cheaper than the ones walking across our Borders at will----take some ship out of moth ball and help these poor people reach the USA---after all they just want to better their lives. They bleed the same as everone else.
Michael

United States

#8 Mar 29, 2006
"The Mexican economy is in shambles and many Mexicans face a choice: Leave their families and make the dangerous and expensive trek to the US to make some cash, or watch their children starve and die of preventable diseases."

And... what is their other option? To stay, face responsibility for their part in the mess that Mexico has become, and try to make it better?

How about trying that before trying to turn America into Mexico. American tax-payers have no responsibility to shoulder the burden of their failure. It sounds cold-blooded, but it's true. Illegal immigrants didn't pay into this system, but they want to take everything out. It's as simple as that and has nothing to do with race, or slavery, or anything else.
Joe Shmoe

Oklahoma City, OK

#9 Mar 29, 2006
Version 1906:

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The

wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed,

to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

Emma Lazarus
Her poem was written to help raise funds for construction of the pedestal in 1903

Version 2006:

"Give me your rested, your rich, your sparse elite yearning to go to Las Vegas, The wretched 5 star hotel customers of your teeming shore, Send these, the mansion owners, Lear Jet travellers to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door.
Michael

United States

#10 Mar 29, 2006
Joe Shmoe wrote:
Version 1906:

Version 2006:

"Give me your rested, your rich, your sparse elite yearning to go to Las Vegas, The wretched 5 star hotel customers of your teeming shore, Send these, the mansion owners, Lear Jet travellers to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door.
As well put as it was, it's complete crap. The basic requirements to wait your turn, speak English, and not be a felonious piece of trash isn't exactly setting the bar too high, is it? Our economy cannot withstand the impact of this many undocumented law breakers. Regardless of the fairy tale land you may be living in, it's just not true. The argument of "doing jobs no one else will do" is crap too. How many agricultural workers do we need? We supposedly have 12 million illegal immigrants in this country right now, I'm sure that's plenty.

The bill being considered now wanted to put a higher tax on wire transfers to Mexico. Want to know why, besides the fact that every politician, and white person for that matter, is a racist Mexican-hating monster? Well, it's because these people who come here illegally not only do not pay taxes, but then they send the majority of their money out of country, which aside from leeching off of social programs and not paying taxes further destroys our already fragile economy.

It really isn't rocket science, and it isn't racism, so get a clue.
Nick

Tracy, CA

#11 Mar 29, 2006
Joe Shmoe wrote:
Version 1906:

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The

wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed,

to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

Emma Lazarus
Her poem was written to help raise funds for construction of the pedestal in 1903

Version 2006:

"Give me your rested, your rich, your sparse elite yearning to go to Las Vegas, The wretched 5 star hotel customers of your teeming shore, Send these, the mansion owners, Lear Jet travellers to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door.
Joe, That statue sits in New York Harbor...as does Ellis Island...where those wretches of society passed into the U.S. legally. Forget all the hype about an illegals ethnicity. It is ILLEGAL (for very good damn reasons) to cross into (and stay in) the U.S. What is it about ILLEGAL that you don't understand?

Those that want to open the borders to anyone at anytime are not promoting anarchy, they are blindly promoting the destruction of the U.S.

California penal system houses 17% of those illegals, and not because they came here illegally.

Estimates range from 11 - 20 million illegals. I submit that sum total of the contributions (cheap labor) doesn't outweigh the negative impact on our social and welfare systems.

It would be far better in the long run if the illegals took control of their governments/countries to change their plight, instead of just moving to greener pastures. To say they can't is to say they are too weak, ignorant or unwilling to do so.
Carlos_So_Cali

United States

#12 Mar 29, 2006
Charlie wrote:
I would like to start off by saying that Slavery existed in this Country for approximately 400 years! But Historians say that Slavery started in 1619 and ended in 1865 so lets say that Slavery for Blacks lasted 240 years in America. Yes the good old U.S.A..... Can you imagine 15 million African men, women & children forcibly taken from their home land and transported to this country under the most deplorable conditions.

I would wager if I were a gambling man that over One Million Black Slaves were Murdered and or died in transit or within those 240 years of Slavery. Surely we as reasonable people know that Slavery continued after it was illegal to do so in this country.

I mentioned Slavery because this country was built on the Backs of Slaves and their Free Labor that they performed for Hundreds of Years with No Pay for their Work! Hundreds of years with No Pay and were not even considered as Human Beings!

Let us not forget the Japanese and Mexican interment camps and the abuse in the Chinese labor camps just to mention additional atrocities perpetrated by our great God Loving Nation.

Now that all the above has been said I will now state that I am totally against illegal immigration. I believe that the illegal immigrant population is in fact a drain on our economy. A drain on our schools systems; Hospitals; Emergency rooms; Prisons and Custodial facilities and other Social Services, etc.

I however believe that if the illegal immigrants that are currently residing in this country have not been convicted of a Felony and have paid their Taxes and have been employed for a designated period of time, they should be given amnesty. Those who do not meet the above criteria because they have not paid their taxes, etc. should be allowed to pay their delinquent taxes after an Audit which they have to reimburse the I.R.S. for and then given Amnesty.

Those who do not meet the standard criteria should be Deported and if they return illegally it should be a Felony with severe consequences to include the persons who aide and abet by housing them.

Yes we are all Godís children but even God has rules and a place for the bad people! As for the student walk outs I truly doubt their sincerity because they should be studying hard and then protest after school. They are acting like thugs and adding to the fuel of the anti immigrants!!!
Yo idoit, most Africans were SOLD as slaves by there own people in Africa. Oh yea that money you got in your wallet endorses the biggest slave owners of their day. And what makes you think illegals pay taxes??? Think about it bro.
Joe Shmoe

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Mar 29, 2006
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>

As well put as it was, it's complete crap. The basic requirements to wait your turn, speak English, and not be a felonious piece of trash isn't exactly setting the bar too high, is it? Our economy cannot withstand the impact of this many undocumented law breakers. Regardless of the fairy tale land you may be living in, it's just not true. The argument of "doing jobs no one else will do" is crap too. How many agricultural workers do we need? We supposedly have 12 million illegal immigrants in this country right now, I'm sure that's plenty.

The bill being considered now wanted to put a higher tax on wire transfers to Mexico. Want to know why, besides the fact that every politician, and white person for that matter, is a racist Mexican-hating monster? Well, it's because these people who come here illegally not only do not pay taxes, but then they send the majority of their money out of country, which aside from leeching off of social programs and not paying taxes further destroys our already fragile economy.

It really isn't rocket science, and it isn't racism, so get a clue.
I think you are confused.

Immigration and Naturalization are TWO different things.

It didn't cost the hundreds upon hundreds of dollars right from the start to begin the legalization and naturalization process for an immigrant.
It didn't take years in 1906 like it does in 2006.

It is another thing altogether now.

The system is long overdue for a full scale renovation.
Instead of building a wall, it's better to build immigration control posts like Ellis Island was once because the influx of people will not stop.

Nick

Tracy, CA

#14 Mar 29, 2006
Pam Trylch wrote:
First of all, at least their willing to work! How many of us stay in the fields, orchards, what ever the work, 4or5 hours? maybe less, get paid and don't return? Of course! I lived in a town here in oregon for 22 years, 16 hours later the spanish or what ever their race, still working hard. And here's a thought, OH MY, we're not going to seprate heavens, AND, we all bleed the same.
Don't confuse morality with politics. I believe heaven has a border as well...it's called hell! You think St. Peter allows illegal immigration there?
does it matter

United States

#15 Mar 29, 2006
take a california history class!

CA, Texas, Neveda, Arizona, and N. Mexico all used to belong to Mexico.
the U.S. stole this land

we did not cross the border the border crossed us
Nick

Tracy, CA

#16 Mar 29, 2006
Joe Shmoe wrote:
<quoted text>

I think you are confused.

Immigration and Naturalization are TWO different things.

It didn't cost the hundreds upon hundreds of dollars right from the start to begin the legalization and naturalization process for an immigrant.
It didn't take years in 1906 like it does in 2006.

It is another thing altogether now.

The system is long overdue for a full scale renovation.
Instead of building a wall, it's better to build immigration control posts like Ellis Island was once because the influx of people will not stop.

Joe, We're talking about illegal immigration. I do agree that we're need of renovating i.e., strengthening, our immigration and naturalization laws. The world is full of crazys, and as Jack Nickolson said..."Go away, we're all full of crazy here."
Carlos_So_Cali

United States

#17 Mar 29, 2006
does it matter wrote:
take a california history class!

CA, Texas, Neveda, Arizona, and N. Mexico all used to belong to Mexico.
the U.S. stole this land

we did not cross the border the border crossed us
Maybe you should take the class, Texas was won in a war. The other states were BOUGHT from Mexico.
Carlos_So_Cali

United States

#18 Mar 29, 2006
One more thing, the border crossed us??? Where were you born? Your probably Chicano like myself, when was the last time you crossed into Mexico and was treated like a pachuco??? You know they don't like us down there... Use your head heuy!!!
Nick

Tracy, CA

#19 Mar 29, 2006
does it matter wrote:
take a california history class!

CA, Texas, Neveda, Arizona, and N. Mexico all used to belong to Mexico.
the U.S. stole this land

we did not cross the border the border crossed us
I suspect you weren't around when Texas won it's freedom from Santa Ana, nor when mexico SOLD CA, AZ, NV to the U.S. Yet, you write in the plural "us" which only indicates to me your unwillingness to assimilate into the U.S. culture, and you identify more closely with your land of ethnic heritage.
redding tb

United States

#20 Mar 29, 2006
---
Michael wrote:
"The Mexican economy is in shambles and many Mexicans face a choice: Leave their families and make the dangerous and expensive trek to the US to make some cash, or watch their children starve and die of preventable diseases."---

And... what is their other option? To stay, face responsibility for their part in the mess that Mexico has become, and try to make it better?

How about trying that before trying to turn America into Mexico. American tax-payers have no responsibility to shoulder the burden of their failure. It sounds cold-blooded, but it's true. Illegal immigrants didn't pay into this system, but they want to take everything out. It's as simple as that and has nothing to do with race, or slavery, or anything else.
Amen!! Why,*WHY* is there no DEMAND that Mexico, one of the Western Hemisphere's richest countries in natural resources & manpower, correct its corrupt & twisted government & live up to its mandate as (ostensibly) a modern democracy?? Instead that fundamental failing is virtually ignored while some wax eloquently on the poor destitute Mexican population that must move north of the border to survive & prosper. I am generally a Bush supporter, but on issues concerning Mexico, he has been just a weeney as any liberal! Come on - we can't fix this problem until we DEMAND Mexico fix its OWN problems!
Joe Shmoe

Oklahoma City, OK

#21 Mar 29, 2006
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>

Joe, We're talking about illegal immigration. I do agree that we're need of renovating i.e., strengthening, our immigration and naturalization laws. The world is full of crazys, and as Jack Nickolson said..."Go away, we're all full of crazy here."
We need to create areas to allow people to go through the legal process of immigration, not cut them down before they set foot in the country.
The process to-day is elitist, expensive and inadequate to the needs of this country and serves only the interests of overpriced union workers.

How many people do you think can afford to live in the US for a year before it becomes legal for them to work?
Answer me that one.

I am against illegal immigration myself.

When the INS quits being the Homeland Security Bitch and has a complete remodeling, then your problems with illegal immigrants will decrease dramatically.
Joe Shmoe

Oklahoma City, OK

#22 Mar 29, 2006
redding tb wrote:
---<quoted text>

Amen!! Why,*WHY* is there no DEMAND that Mexico, one of the Western Hemisphere's richest countries in natural resources & manpower, correct its corrupt & twisted government & live up to its mandate as (ostensibly) a modern democracy?? Instead that fundamental failing is virtually ignored while some wax eloquently on the poor destitute Mexican population that must move north of the border to survive & prosper. I am generally a Bush supporter, but on issues concerning Mexico, he has been just a weeney as any liberal! Come on - we can't fix this problem until we DEMAND Mexico fix its OWN problems!
The border with Mexico has always been there and there has always been movement of population between the two.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4736
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Congress may move swiftly to raise H-1B cap 21 min itsme2 3
NM construction industry impacted by immigratio... 48 min Cricket 23 3
Democrats ramp up calls for Grimma s resignatio... 50 min Responsibility 16
Parties assess variables looking at 2016 map 2 hr barefoot2626 35
64% of Utahns disapprove of Obama's immigration... 2 hr STFU 4
Illegal immigrant mother seeks refuge in Philad... 4 hr Memo From Turner 23
Ted Cruz's moves on spending bill roil Republicans 7 hr Guess Who 57
More from around the web