Immigration bill passes key hurdle in Senate

Jun 24, 2013 Full story: Daily World 33

JUNE 20: Sen. Bob Corker and Sen. John Hoeven discuss their immigration agreement outside the Senate chamber June 20, 2013 in Washington, DC.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Level 4

Since: Jan 13

Bloomfield, NJ

#1 Jun 24, 2013
The real hurdle is gonna be in the House.
trep parish

Valencia, CA

#2 Jun 24, 2013
the congress needs to act now for their betterment....
alien

New York, NY

#3 Jun 24, 2013
Excellent working . This is the way to make america more stronger and wealthy. Great work from senators. I am optimistic the house will do the same work path to citizenship every human it's equal .
shakespear

United States

#4 Jun 24, 2013
The Africans came here by accident via slavery.The Indians been here before everybody.Other than that everybody granparents been doing a little trick here a little trick there to come here.So i dont know why someone think they are better than somebody else.
lebron

Topeka, KS

#5 Jun 25, 2013
and there are still people who keep on saying...
DEPORT THE ILLEGALS ETC ETC...
You all shut up, this problems need to be solve.
Fed Up Vet

Herndon, VA

#6 Jun 25, 2013
lebron wrote:
and there are still people who keep on saying...
DEPORT THE ILLEGALS ETC ETC...
You all shut up, this problems need to be solve.
Eisenhower found a way to deport illegal aliens with less than 1300 agents, whatís wrong with Obama?
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#7 Jun 25, 2013
Fed Up Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Eisenhower found a way to deport illegal aliens with less than 1300 agents, whatís wrong with Obama?
One of the great Topix hoaxes.

Here is a trivia question for you. What does Eisenhower have in common with the following group of Presidents?

William McKinley
Teddy Roosevelt
William Howard Taft
Woodrow Wilson
Warren G. Harding
Calvin Coolidge
Herbert Hoover
Franklin Roosevelt
Dwight Eisenhower
John F. Kennedy
Lyndon Johnson
Richard Nixon
Gerald Ford
Jimmy Carter
Ronald Reagan
George HW Bush
Bill Clinton

Answer: Obama has deported more people than all 17 of these Presidents COMBINED.
Fed Up Vet

Herndon, VA

#8 Jun 25, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a trivia question for you. What does Eisenhower have in common with the following group of Presidents?
William McKinley
Teddy Roosevelt
William Howard Taft
Woodrow Wilson
Warren G. Harding
Calvin Coolidge
Herbert Hoover
Franklin Roosevelt
Dwight Eisenhower
John F. Kennedy
Lyndon Johnson
Richard Nixon
Gerald Ford
Jimmy Carter
Ronald Reagan
George HW Bush
Bill Clinton
Answer: Obama has deported more people than all 17 of these Presidents COMBINED.
DHS claims to depot 400,000 illegal aliens per year. Thatís 3.6 % of the estimated illegal alien population in the U.S. Any CEO in the private sector who only achieved 3.6 % or their mission would be fired. At that rate it will take DHS 27.5 years to complete its mission provided no new illegal immigration occurs. Only a government bureaucrat would consider this kind of performance a success. This is not enforcement, this is a joke.
TraitorsWhoVoted Yea

Chicago, IL

#9 Jun 25, 2013
REMEMBER THEM !

Lamar Alexander - Despicable lying RINO traitor
Kelly Ayotte - Despicable lying RINO traitor
Jeffrey Chiesa - Despicable lying RINO traitor
Susan Collins - Despicable lying RINO traitor
Bob Corker - Despicable lying RINO traitor
Jeff Flake - Despicable lying RINO traitor
Lindsey Graham - Despicable lying RINO traitor
Orrin Hatch - Despicable lying RINO traitor
Dean Heller - Despicable lying RINO traitor
John Hoeven - Despicable lying RINO traitor
Mark Kirk - Despicable lying RINO traitor
John McCain - Demented despicable lying RINO traitor
Lisa Murkowski - Despicable lying RINO traitor
Marco Rubio - Despicable lying RINO traitor
Roger Wicker - Despicable lying RINO traito
shakespear

United States

#10 Jun 25, 2013
This immigration bill decision will be similar with the France same sex marriage.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#11 Jun 25, 2013
Fed Up Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
DHS claims to depot 400,000 illegal aliens per year. Thatís 3.6 % of the estimated illegal alien population in the U.S. Any CEO in the private sector who only achieved 3.6 % or their mission would be fired. At that rate it will take DHS 27.5 years to complete its mission provided no new illegal immigration occurs. Only a government bureaucrat would consider this kind of performance a success. This is not enforcement, this is a joke.
Nothing like changing the subject.

Since you are a math whiz try pondering this. A number of countries refuse to allow their citizens to be sent back to their home countries. China, India, Jamaica and several other countries flat out refuse to accept people and there is not a thing that we can do about it. Unless they provide the travel documentation it is impossible to send anybody back.

Mexico on the other hand is quite helpful about providing the documentation. They usually do it within a day, but Mexico and all of the other countries could just as easily say that they will not cooperate.

What do you suppose would happen if your magic bus somehow managed to pick-up 11 million people and there was no place to send them?

What do you suppose would happen to "any CEO in the private sector" who spent absurd amounts of money to acquire 11 million units of anything and then got stuck warehousing and maintaining 100% of them forever? I'm guessing they would be fired.
NYM8387

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Jun 25, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
William McKinley
Teddy Roosevelt
William Howard Taft
Woodrow Wilson
Warren G. Harding
Calvin Coolidge
Herbert Hoover
Franklin Roosevelt
Dwight Eisenhower
John F. Kennedy
Lyndon Johnson
Richard Nixon
Gerald Ford
Jimmy Carter
Ronald Reagan
George HW Bush
Bill Clinton
He also counts every time a potential illegal alien is told to turn around,a deportation.He does little to nothing about the ones here.Obama has done nothing
NYM8387

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Jun 25, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are a math whiz try pondering this. A number of countries refuse to allow their citizens to be sent back to their home countries. China, India, Jamaica and several other countries flat out refuse to accept people and there is not a thing that we can do about it. Unless they provide the travel documentation it is impossible to send anybody back.
Mexico on the other hand is quite helpful about providing the documentation. They usually do it within a day, but Mexico and all of the other countries could just as easily say that they will not cooperate.
What do you suppose would happen if your magic bus somehow managed to pick-up 11 million people and there was no place to send them?
What do you suppose would happen to "any CEO in the private sector" who spent absurd amounts of money to acquire 11 million units of anything and then got stuck warehousing and maintaining 100% of them forever? I'm guessing they would be fired.
Mexico would be spanked like any other country.
NYM8387

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Jun 25, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Mexico is cooperative because of the consequences it's citizens would have to face every time they tried to cross the border if they didn't cooperate.Do you believe we wouldn't use deadly force against illegal aliens who tried to come here from an uncooperative/ trash can of a country?all those countries you mentioned take back every single illegal alien we send back,I seriously doubt anyone would have the balls to say no to this country,including China,if we had 20 million of thier citizens here illegally.You love underestimating this nations strength
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#15 Jun 25, 2013
NYM8387 wrote:
<quoted text>Mexico is cooperative because of the consequences it's citizens would have to face every time they tried to cross the border if they didn't cooperate.Do you believe we wouldn't use deadly force against illegal aliens who tried to come here from an uncooperative/ trash can of a country?all those countries you mentioned take back every single illegal alien we send back,I seriously doubt anyone would have the balls to say no to this country,including China,if we had 20 million of thier citizens here illegally.You love underestimating this nations strength
Unbridled stupidity on display.
spud

Bangor, PA

#16 Jun 25, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbridled stupidity on display.
You should really learn to stop insulting your betters. It doesn't make you look any better because the dialog of your posts is so weak, illogical, agenda driven, juvenile, disjointed, unintelligible and generally devoid of anything to think about.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#17 Jun 25, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>You should really learn to stop insulting your betters. It doesn't make you look any better because the dialog of your posts is so weak, illogical, agenda driven, juvenile, disjointed, unintelligible and generally devoid of anything to think about.
Yes. As if I am going to discuss international law in detail with a couple of clowns who did not even know such a law existed.
Tonnnii

Tustin, CA

#18 Jun 25, 2013
All the wite people wants to deport asians and mexicans.. But they also have to be out because they took us from the indians
spud

Bangor, PA

#19 Jun 25, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. As if I am going to discuss international law in detail with a couple of clowns who did not even know such a law existed.
Yeah, I'd really like to discuss international law with you too but right now I have to perform brain surgery and then I'm getting on the space shuttle to do some research. You were a multi lingual author on another thread. Now you're an expert on international law. You're a joke. You spend all you time posting and hoping to get a lit bulb for your trouble. But the lit bulbs are few and far between for you my goofy friend.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#20 Jun 25, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I'd really like to discuss international law with you too but right now I have to perform brain surgery and then I'm getting on the space shuttle to do some research. You were a multi lingual author on another thread. Now you're an expert on international law. You're a joke. You spend all you time posting and hoping to get a lit bulb for your trouble. But the lit bulbs are few and far between for you my goofy friend.
I just think it is hilarious that you and your sidekick come on here and rant continuously about deportation and then we find out that neither one of you knows what the word means or how it works. That is amazing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Parties assess variables looking at 2016 map 6 min Le Jimbo 33
Ted Cruz's moves on spending bill roil Republicans 52 min Guess Who 57
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr American Werewolves 137,128
Illegal immigrant mother seeks refuge in Philad... 2 hr The Vanishing Ame... 20
64% of Utahns disapprove of Obama's immigration... 2 hr dumb and dumber 3
2016: Jeb Tries to Head Off Controversy by Exit... 3 hr Guess Who 1
Congress can block use of fees for immigration ... 6 hr barefoot2626 311
More from around the web